You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.31 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » The Importance of Naval Power
Bottom
Topic Subject:The Importance of Naval Power
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
The_Soul
Skirmisher
posted 10-08-05 04:04 PM EDT (US)         
In the demo, we havent had a chance to test naval power because the AI Doesnt build combat ships and of the 2 maps, only one has water.

I was wondering if in the full game, Building a mighty fleet will help you alot in maps. Not just Carribean maps, but maps with rivers, bays, ect.

Anyone know if we will see lots of naval battles?

AuthorReplies:
The_Assimilator
Skirmisher
posted 10-09-05 04:34 PM EDT (US)     26 / 31       
Because they are evil people who like to blow poor fishing boats out of the water with twice the normal fire power (broadside), plus, its fun!!!
Insane Sheep
Skirmisher
posted 10-09-05 04:54 PM EDT (US)     27 / 31       
I must admit I've done it before actually... It is fun, one hit kill on fishing boats But in a real game, I don't think I'd use it unless I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that there was no Galleon.

"I found no one ripe for many of my thoughts; the case of 'Zarathustra' proves that one can speak with the
utmost clearness, and yet not be heard by any one." - Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche
"The fearless are merely fearless. People who act in spite of their fear are truly brave."
Oprichniks are the best units in AoE3. Why? It's elementary, they're Horse-riding Russian Pirates, nothing beats Horse-riding Russian Pirates.
GoldenShadow
Skirmisher
posted 10-09-05 05:39 PM EDT (US)     28 / 31       
fishing boats can hide in the dock, and the dock will shoot back.
Insane Sheep
Skirmisher
posted 10-09-05 07:10 PM EDT (US)     29 / 31       
And my Monitor blows up the dock

I recently monkeyed with the ships, they're pretty fun, shame the AI doesn't fight back a naval battle, taxing as it would be on my comp, would be damn fun.

"I found no one ripe for many of my thoughts; the case of 'Zarathustra' proves that one can speak with the
utmost clearness, and yet not be heard by any one." - Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche
"The fearless are merely fearless. People who act in spite of their fear are truly brave."
Oprichniks are the best units in AoE3. Why? It's elementary, they're Horse-riding Russian Pirates, nothing beats Horse-riding Russian Pirates.
KingOfTheHill
Skirmisher
posted 10-10-05 09:02 AM EDT (US)     30 / 31       
Naval warfare is utmost good! Imagine Alpha-Mega-Galleon ship class aka Hyperion... supported with smaller but faster ships... it's like THAT! FUN!!

someone random
Skirmisher
posted 10-10-05 04:05 PM EDT (US)     31 / 31       
Frigates... kill falconets.

Broadside is a one hit kill on imperial falconets, and after that, you can flee, or finish the other falconet.

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames