You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.39 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Where is the call " Allah, Allah " of the Ottomans ???
Bottom
Topic Subject:Where is the call " Allah, Allah " of the Ottomans ???
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Koroglu
Skirmisher
posted 11-06-05 11:44 AM EDT (US)         
hey ES,..... why the hell the turkish Soldiers donīt say "Allah, Allah" when they attack the Enemy ???
This was so in AoE 2, why not in AoE 3 ???
It sounds pretty cooool maaaan..... it was a very importante and mighty call of the muslimic spezial ottoman Soldier. - - "
Anyhow, the call or the voice of the Ottoman villies an the rest is rather gay maaan.... i would prefer something like " sir yes sir" or so, like the atmosphere in Full metal Jacket...hehe ^^ something harder military..... ?
Could it be improved with a patch or something else pls ???
It s not funny when i must say always " Allah Allah " , my brother looks worried at me... ^^

thx !

AuthorReplies:
Little_Wing
Skirmisher
posted 11-06-05 10:34 PM EDT (US)     26 / 39       
Realisticly, I would doubt there is concern over a lawsuit, as ES/Microsoft would win any court case for obvious reasons. The real reason would be the possible bad publicity from Islamic religious groups. Plenty of companies and organizations do things like this all the time as bad publicity can be very difficult for a company to deal with.

Little_Wing

Oh as I was young and easy in the mercy of his means,
Time held me green and dying
Though I sang in my chains like the sea.
Insane Sheep
Skirmisher
posted 11-06-05 10:55 PM EDT (US)     27 / 39       
Cy, I personally have no problem with it. I would find it kind of funny. But as I said, never underestimate idiots in large groups. In addition to it being a religous element which means it can inherently offend people, the thread originator wants it in a context of a violent action, which would offend Islamics and likely many American patriots.

"I found no one ripe for many of my thoughts; the case of 'Zarathustra' proves that one can speak with the
utmost clearness, and yet not be heard by any one." - Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche
"The fearless are merely fearless. People who act in spite of their fear are truly brave."
Oprichniks are the best units in AoE3. Why? It's elementary, they're Horse-riding Russian Pirates, nothing beats Horse-riding Russian Pirates.
Mythos_Ruler
Skirmisher
posted 11-06-05 10:56 PM EDT (US)     28 / 39       
Wing, you may be right, but in this case as Chris stated, the bad publicity would be from getting the language incorrect, rather than showing Muslim furvor in a game. Did Ridley Scott get sued because of his portrayal of Muslims and Christians in the movie, "Kingdom of Heaven"? No, and there would be no legal basis.
Little_Wing
Skirmisher
posted 11-06-05 11:17 PM EDT (US)     29 / 39       
Mythos, it was the original poster that had the language incorrect, not ES as they did not include it in the game at all. As I said, it would be concern over bad publicity even if ES had the language exactly correct.

Little_Wing

Oh as I was young and easy in the mercy of his means,
Time held me green and dying
Though I sang in my chains like the sea.
Devon_
Skirmisher
(id: Lord Devon)
posted 11-07-05 00:53 AM EDT (US)     30 / 39       
If anything Mamalukes should shout this, but not the Turks. Even if most mamalukes were from georgia ect. it would still be sorta cool. Most took up islam.

"I have curly pubic hair. If I don't gel it down, it puffs up into a miniature afro and looks rediculous." -Kman

[This message has been edited by Devon_ (edited 11-07-2005 @ 00:53 AM).]

Taufiq Khan
Skirmisher
(id: Shala_T)
posted 11-07-05 04:44 AM EDT (US)     31 / 39       

Quote:

One of the ruler of the five pillars of islam is to tolerate Jews, Christians, and those who worship the Parthian religion Zorasterism.

Five Pillars of Islam:
Hajj (Pilgrimage to Makkah)
Iman (Faith and Belief in Allah)
Zakah (Charity)
Salaht (Prayer)
Sawm (Fasting during the month of Ramadan)

I don't see tolerence of Jews, Christians or those of the Zoraterism faith.

Although it is important to tolerate other religions and not force into Islam, we cannot accept that we all worship the same god...

★★★★★

[This message has been edited by Shala_LoL (edited 11-07-2005 @ 07:55 AM).]

Lord Haart
Skirmisher
posted 11-07-05 07:25 AM EDT (US)     32 / 39       
Hey, I'm Jewish, but I wouldn't run into battle screaming "god god god"...

To make them say "allah" would be generalising ridiculously. How can one say that all arabs/muslims are zealously religious?? quite the opposite. Most muslims I know are just as secular as I am.

It doesn't take wisdom on ES's behalf to ignore such an idiotic suggestion (that they should cry "Allah"). It just takes common sense.

And whether we worship the "same god" or not is irrelevant. Everything I've studied about Judaism, Christianity and Islam says that they all agree on tolerance. Sure, individuals within all these religions may not be tolerant. But the religions all advocate the importance of treating one's fellow man well. I can say for sure that this is the case with Judaism.

[This message has been edited by Lord Haart (edited 11-07-2005 @ 07:28 AM).]

ZhaZ
Skirmisher
posted 11-07-05 09:38 AM EDT (US)     33 / 39       
Anyway like someone pointed out the Ottomans were religiously tolerant and consisted of multiple of religionsa and ethnic groups. Thus they depended on being tolerant to avoid conflicts in the empire. Infact, the christians were probably more religiously fanatic during these days. The Ottomans are a quite interesting subject, depending on meritocracy.

[img]http://www.mastersgames.de/esostats/NoX,qaghan,0,5.png[/img]
pv1979
Skirmisher
posted 11-07-05 09:55 AM EDT (US)     34 / 39       
I think there should be vils in this game that don`t believe in any god. I think there should be atheist vils in this game that say: 'I like sex'.

But it is pure wisdom.... et.......... et........

;-)

/Undiminished vegetarian/

My favorite comedy sites: www.whitehouse.org; www.comedycentral.com; www.landoverbaptist.org

Good, informative television on the internet: www.democracynow.org... & I`m still listening to www.harrisradio.com

[This message has been edited by pv1979 (edited 11-07-2005 @ 09:56 AM).]

sexypanda
Skirmisher
posted 11-07-05 11:13 AM EDT (US)     35 / 39       
I remember a generic "Woololoo" in age of kings, who allowed you to change an incredible obedient and faithful enemy soldier (who would charge an army alone if ordered to) into one of yours in a matter of seconds, and that woololo was the same for the Turks, the Aztecs or the Franks. No such thing as "allah allah" in age 2.
palwe
Skirmisher
posted 11-07-05 11:31 AM EDT (US)     36 / 39       
um... i thought allah meant teacher?
shilly
Skirmisher
posted 11-07-05 11:34 AM EDT (US)     37 / 39       

Quote:

and I assume he's about 13 years old.

I'll just let you know I'm quite offended by this since I am 13 years old also....

Kr0n0s
Skirmisher
posted 11-07-05 12:11 PM EDT (US)     38 / 39       
I'm a christian arab, and when I pray in arabic, I use the same word as the muslims. Allah means "God" , not "Muslim God".

And muslims were and are pretty more zealous than jews and christians. In most muslim countries you have the Imams crying out the "allah akbar" chant out loud throughout the country during the day.

It is not wrong or offensive to put that in as an acknowledgement. Many phrases of afirmation and good will include allah in it... Muslims would be the last to get offended by it; they would more be proud!

ESO2: Munch
Clan: [wW] Weekend Widowmakers
pv1979
Skirmisher
posted 11-07-05 12:34 PM EDT (US)     39 / 39       
Maybe they should swear, them vils? That would be more accurate, historically. And wasn`t it so that in AoC, when a vil was building something, he would, now and then, hit himself on his own thum with his hamer, and say a swearword then?

O well... Then I heared wrong...

/Undiminished vegetarian/

My favorite comedy sites: www.whitehouse.org; www.comedycentral.com; www.landoverbaptist.org

Good, informative television on the internet: www.democracynow.org... & I`m still listening to www.harrisradio.com

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames