You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.38 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Would you like the deck card limit to be increased? Any new ideas for new cards?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Would you like the deck card limit to be increased? Any new ideas for new cards?
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
MosheLevi
Scenario Contest Winner
posted 01-11-06 03:40 PM EDT (US)         

This thread is just to see how many players would like the deck card limit to be increased.

Would you like the deck card limit to be increased to 25? Or even to 30? Or is 20 enough?

Do you have any ideas for new cards?

What do you think about “Super Card” match where all the cards in our decks are 3 times better?
This means that instead of 3 villager card you would get 9, instead of 600 gold you would get 1800 gold, and instead 8 crossbow units you would get 24 of them.

AuthorReplies:
MosheLevi
Scenario Contest Winner
posted 01-12-06 01:49 PM EDT (US)     26 / 38       

Quote:

the ammount of mercs would be ridiculous.

Yes 60 mercenaries would be ridiculously fun.
It would allow us to watch huge battles.

[This message has been edited by MosheLevi (edited 01-12-2006 @ 01:49 PM).]

JimR
Skirmisher
posted 01-12-06 02:27 PM EDT (US)     27 / 38       

Quote:

and more cards per deck removes strategy.

how is anything removed? There might be changes to strategy, but I just don't see anything being removed. There would have to be a substantially better argument than this before I would not be in favor of adding 5 cards per deck.

Clam_Knight
Skirmisher
posted 01-12-06 02:32 PM EDT (US)     28 / 38       
I think they should remove the limit on how long the name or your deck can be...I don't like having to restrict my awesome names to 16 characters....

"Fool, I have auto-dialing!" -Techno Bill
schildpad
Skirmisher
posted 01-12-06 03:05 PM EDT (US)     29 / 38       
@moshe, can you explain me why 60 merc v 60 merc is a larger battle then 60 normal units vs 60 normal units? you know mercs take 3 times as much pop space as normal units

@jimr, just think of this, how larger the deck, on less important making a deck is. When a deck gets large enough you dont have to choose deck anymore, you always have the right deck. that isnt strategy

"such a kind fellow!" ~ ķįŋğ_Ćħŗĩš_ĬĬ

Furby killer should be crowned leader of AOE forum ~ [SW_GD]Teutonic

MosheLevi
Scenario Contest Winner
posted 01-12-06 03:29 PM EDT (US)     30 / 38       

Quote:

@moshe, can you explain me why 60 merc v 60 merc is a larger battle then 60 normal units vs 60 normal units? you know mercs take 3 times as much pop space as normal units

Yes, I know that mercenaries take 3 population each.
I was not referring to 60 merc vs 60 merc as a larger battle.
I was referring to all the units including mercs.
When you reach population of 199, you can still select a 20 unit mercenary card, which puts you around population of 260.
If at that point, you get the 60 merc card, you would have 40 extra units, and your population would be at 380.

So if you already have 70-90 units, add to that the 60 merc and you have a large army.

[This message has been edited by MosheLevi (edited 01-12-2006 @ 03:30 PM).]

Culverin
Skirmisher
(id: Robert_Squared)
posted 01-12-06 03:42 PM EDT (US)     31 / 38       
I think the cards are fine, though it would be neat to have 'super cards' if they took up the space of, say, 2-3 cards. (Maybe only available at level 50 or something, because you'd only need one shipment for it)

Just call me Robert.
My Massgate
MosheLevi
Scenario Contest Winner
posted 01-12-06 03:48 PM EDT (US)     32 / 38       

Quote:

I think the cards are fine, though it would be neat to have 'super cards' if they took up the space of, say, 2-3 cards

I don’t think you understood what I meant.
I meant the ‘super cards’ to be only in a special type of game (“super card” match just like “death” match).
I did not suggest changing that in the “supremacy” match.

achilleas
Skirmisher
posted 01-12-06 03:59 PM EDT (US)     33 / 38       
hm..
No card limit should stay at 20.
But maybe new cards could be created which are more powerful (not x3 maybe just x1.5) BUT the cost would be that for each more powerful card u include in the deck the card limit is decraesed by 1.

So if someone chooses to have 5 powerful cards would have a deck limit of 15!

That would increase a lot the strategic part of deck biulding.

MosheLevi
Scenario Contest Winner
posted 01-12-06 04:22 PM EDT (US)     34 / 38       

Quote:

So if someone chooses to have 5 powerful cards would have a deck limit of 15!

That would unbalance the game unless such cards are only available at age 4.
You see, if a player can get a 6-villager card instead of 4 at the beginning of the game, he would have an advantage.
Everybody would then have to switch to these “super cards” in order to get them at the beginning, or they would loose the game.

I am suggesting these ‘super cards’ only as a different game type, and just for fun.

CrumbBread
Skirmisher
posted 01-12-06 05:08 PM EDT (US)     35 / 38       
I actually love the idea of a Super-Card match ^_^ Granted there would be imbalances, but as long as they keep balancing the game for Supremacy, I am ok with imbalances in the "novelty" game types. I believe it would be very entertaining.
orgasmofthemind
Skirmisher
posted 01-12-06 05:16 PM EDT (US)     36 / 38       
I wouldn't like extra deck space, but Super Card Match sounds neat.
Scotty the Fallen
Skirmisher
posted 01-12-06 10:33 PM EDT (US)     37 / 38       
Personally, I suggested new church cards myself. If you want to know them, click here

http://aoe3.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=st&fn=1&tn=27420&f=1,0,0,0&st=50

Scotty the Fallen | One-time Angel Reincarnate, and Former BFME2H and TWH Downloads administrator, and BFME2 Strategy Administrator.
"And I shall go softly into the night, taking my dreams, as will you." - EoJ
"Scotty's probably the only forumer here who can make every post a defiant claim of his own superiority." - Atzy
achilleas
Skirmisher
posted 01-13-06 11:24 AM EDT (US)     38 / 38       
the cards would be designed in such a way that they won't affect early game that much. (i.e no super villager cards or 1st age resources)

if ES deisnged 3 cards each time, test thoroughly then there woulnd't be unabalances.

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames