Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.49 replies, Closed
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Portugese are OP
Bottom
Topic Subject:Portugese are OP
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
MrKnight
Skirmisher
posted 02-02-06 05:19 PM EDT (US)         
I am former noob, who got much better and so, starting goofin' around with other civs to see which was better. then all of a sudden i realised something i didnt about portugal, and it is the key to 'surviving' with them. Am i going to tell you!?!? no way, i gotta win with it . ive only tried it more than a handful full of times but won so easily against other civs i couldn't beleive it. so I'm under the impression that portugese are unbeleivably good, but of course this can only be proven through time (and maybe if it actually is true i will share, but of course that is only if i can learn the intense micro i beleive is necissary to play with this civ on an expert lvl), but hopefully MrKnight was right. .
AuthorReplies:
Chubbs4U
Skirmisher
posted 02-02-06 05:31 PM EDT (US)     1 / 49       
wow thats great...I know a secret also, will post here that I know a secret, then wont tell anybody....

yet another pointless post....

[This message has been edited by chubbs4u (edited 02-02-2006 @ 05:31 PM).]

ChowMein
Skirmisher
posted 02-02-06 05:33 PM EDT (US)     2 / 49       
Port are OP until you meet ottoman rusher, french ff cuirs and spanish lancer.

"It is like a finger pointing away to the moon do not concentrate on the finger or you will miss all that heavenly glory."
- Bruce Lee
Vighi
Skirmisher
posted 02-02-06 05:34 PM EDT (US)     3 / 49       
I have played with the ports in months now. This thing you're saying is just unbelievable! Please tell the strat plz plz plz! I want it so bad, god damn i want it!
Gold Rust
Skirmisher
posted 02-02-06 05:36 PM EDT (US)     4 / 49       
Ports are OP, I'm not being sarcastic.

Outrageously Pathetic.

ChowMein
Skirmisher
posted 02-02-06 05:43 PM EDT (US)     5 / 49       

Quoted from Gold Rust:

Ports are OP, I'm not being sarcastic.
Outrageously Pathetic.

Lol its like saying that dutch is the best rushing civ and that strelets own cuirs.

"It is like a finger pointing away to the moon do not concentrate on the finger or you will miss all that heavenly glory."
- Bruce Lee
MrKnight
Skirmisher
posted 02-02-06 06:06 PM EDT (US)     6 / 49       
"Port are OP until you meet ottoman rusher, french ff cuirs and spanish lancer."

rofl otto rush, i laugh my ass off watching them all die while they try to destroy just one of my tc's. and lancers? ummmm...dragoons, thats no secret.

[This message has been edited by MrKnight (edited 02-02-2006 @ 06:07 PM).]

Echoic
Skirmisher
posted 02-02-06 06:08 PM EDT (US)     7 / 49       
Unless you're playing 1900+ players, at least, and winning with it, it means nothing.

When I was a newb at this game I made a Russian HC, tried some new things and won like six games in a row. I then proceeded to play decent players and got my ass handed to me until I cried myself to sleep.

... Pure coincidence. Trust me.

Edit: so what's even the point of this post?

[This message has been edited by Echoic (edited 02-02-2006 @ 06:11 PM).]

MrKnight
Skirmisher
posted 02-02-06 06:22 PM EDT (US)     8 / 49       
rofl not coincedence at all, but i did say that it is something that can only be proven in time. the point of this post? non other than to post something i wanted to because i wanted to. did i hurt your brain? awwwww so srry. but hey, if this strat comes to fruition, oooooo, im gonna whipe some faces to the floor wit' it. So excited off the thought (especially after spending SO much time with each civ trying to find the one that works for me) that i decided to write a post . Good Vibes people, GOOD VIBES!

[This message has been edited by MrKnight (edited 02-02-2006 @ 06:23 PM).]

TheMightyLemon
Skirmisher
posted 02-02-06 06:26 PM EDT (US)     9 / 49       
Ports OP?
Try playing against some good players.
I'm under the impression that you aren't that good.
If you read Ceres629's guide, you might be able to say that Ports are ok. But there is no way it's OP.

,,'``',,The Mighty
:````:~Lemon~~
``,,,,``()()()()()()
~God of all Citrus~
Swordsworn, your Lemon Sig hurts my eyes - Reinfire
Van_Halen
Skirmisher
posted 02-02-06 06:32 PM EDT (US)     10 / 49       
can someone lock this spam?
MrKnight
Skirmisher
posted 02-02-06 06:32 PM EDT (US)     11 / 49       
i read that entire guide when i started in december, and you bet i was terrible, then. That guide misses what i have discovered, withought it i don't see portugese as good at all. with it they seem unstoppable, granted very good micro.

[This message has been edited by MrKnight (edited 02-02-2006 @ 06:33 PM).]

Ceres629
Skirmisher
posted 02-02-06 06:34 PM EDT (US)     12 / 49       
Ports OP?

ROTFLMAO.

If you learn the intense micro necessary to play them you will be lucky to come out even with an equally skilled player.To say Ports are AVERAGE would be an exaggeration, but OP?

Start playing against players of your own skill level. Then come back and say they are OP.

I was in the same boat as you, owning people easily with my new Ports strats and loving it, until i realised that I was actually just beating noobs. When faced with a 1900 Otto/spanish/french/dutch/german player I just got owned and there was nothing i could do about it. These same players that I would quite handly beat if I had spanish (or brits now), wtfpwnt me without me standing even a chance.

Intense micro will get you far, until you meet opponents who can do the same intense micro as you...just with a better civ.

Thats the problem I had.

[This message has been edited by Ceres629 (edited 02-02-2006 @ 06:36 PM).]

Van_Halen
Skirmisher
posted 02-02-06 06:34 PM EDT (US)     13 / 49       
You don't post unless you have a point. No one cares if you think Ports are OP or you are uber 1337 becasue you have t3h uber WTF pwnage strat

[This message has been edited by Van_Halen (edited 02-02-2006 @ 06:37 PM).]

Ceres629
Skirmisher
posted 02-02-06 06:41 PM EDT (US)     14 / 49       

Quote:

ofl otto rush, i laugh my ass off watching them all die while they try to destroy just one of my tc's.

This makes me think you are playing noobs. Because this is what noob ottos did to me, and I killed them easily.

Smarter ottos just contained me in my base and didn't try to destroy my TC's. I could never find a way to break out, before youknow it they have a forward build fort and boom straight into industrial. I have nothing that can kill their abuse guns.

Clearly you are playing unskilled players still. Against such people Ports are VERY strong. (then again everything is strong against noobs.)

[This message has been edited by Ceres629 (edited 02-02-2006 @ 07:06 PM).]

ultimitsu
Skirmisher
posted 02-02-06 06:58 PM EDT (US)     15 / 49       
for a civ to be strong, it must have both strong eco with strong units in a particular age.

port has good eco in age2 but no good units to guard it, port has one or two OK units in age3 but they are only good at defense, and port no longer as that eco advantage, in age4 onwards port has no eco advantage nor militery advanatge, just very average.

if played well, port can live into age4 and put a good fight, but even that you chance of winning is still low.

The Enslaver
Inactive
posted 02-02-06 07:11 PM EDT (US)     16 / 49       

Ports have bad slow eco at start

Ports have no good siege in age 3

Ports Skirmish sux , the cassadore cost to much gold and they not good

Dragons upg in weaponery is buggy.

Many Port Cards sux

Conclusion:

Ports are the worst civ in the game .

MrKnight
Skirmisher
posted 02-02-06 07:14 PM EDT (US)     17 / 49       
Ceres ceres...its a shame how ppl blabber with so much emotion when they dont understand. Ignorance is stupidity not bliss. Your guide sucked, because you didn't even understand one of the most important things about the Portugese. And that demo, that guy who rushed you was horrible, you dont speed to idustrial for heavy cannons, and you would have known how to properly defend yourself if you were not so ignorant...So how can I be upset? btw, I usually enjoy what you say on posts. but jeez, all the hate, where's the Love, "Where is the Looooove"

[This message has been edited by MrKnight (edited 02-02-2006 @ 07:17 PM).]

Angel Walker
Skirmisher
(id: Just a player)
posted 02-02-06 07:17 PM EDT (US)     18 / 49       
oh man... u are being sarcastic, right?

Ports are not OP!!!!

I mean... I play only with portugal... and i can say i am much better than most port players with less than 200 games (like me )

Ports can easily beat any inexperienced player, like any civ, but any average player know the key to destroy Portugal.

Portugal can lost map control due to their horrible early military and eco... and their boom will only showe up after 15 minutes... And their eco advantage are the free TCs... any civ can FF and get 3 TCs and boom better than you!

Portugal are not OP and they need a boost... don't come here with spam topics about civs, unless you know what you are talking about...

oh, and Ceres, you should add to your portuguese guide something like: PORTS ARE UP!!!!!!!!!!! NEVER FACE A FRENCH, SPANISH, GERMAN OR OTTO UNLES YOU WANNA BE WTFOMFG PWNED!!!!!

Or any new player will think Ports are good... like I did once...

I can't wait to see a French are UP thread with some1 telling that got the key to PWN any french player

ESO - Walker

>> Napoleonic Era --> Visit their Homepage!
"Holy *****" > Thunder (Ensemble Studios)

Retired from AoE3. But I do play AoK HD in Steam now and then.
The Enslaver
Inactive
posted 02-02-06 07:19 PM EDT (US)     19 / 49       
Hmm yeah !! u have a a better guide???? , whats u name on eso so i can kick u arse or maybe u wonderfull strategy with port will kick me!!!!!!!!!!!!
aka99
Skirmisher
posted 02-02-06 07:22 PM EDT (US)     20 / 49       
Obviously Ports are not OP. If you thinm they are OP tell us why. If you have unlocked the secret to their OPness then tell us.

The fact that your post tells us nothing points to us that you know nothing.

Also whats your ESO.

Ender_Ward
Skirmisher
posted 02-02-06 07:46 PM EDT (US)     21 / 49       
Post the "secret awesome revelation" or shut up. Don't expect anyone to take you seriously till then.

Oh and yes, post your ESO name or atleast your Portuguese HC level.

"One wants to be loved, failing that admired, failing that feared, failing that hated and despised. One wants to instill in other people some form of emotion. The soul shudders before emptiness and wants contact, no matter the cost."
BloTo
Skirmisher
posted 02-02-06 07:47 PM EDT (US)     22 / 49       
please. play me.

Eso: scuzz
Echoic
Skirmisher
posted 02-02-06 07:50 PM EDT (US)     23 / 49       

Quote:

Ceres ceres...its a shame how ppl blabber with so much emotion when they dont understand. Ignorance is stupidity not bliss. Your guide sucked, because you didn't even understand one of the most important things about the Portugese. And that demo, that guy who rushed you was horrible, you dont speed to idustrial for heavy cannons, and you would have known how to properly defend yourself if you were not so ignorant...So how can I be upset? btw, I usually enjoy what you say on posts. but jeez, all the hate, where's the Love, "Where is the Looooove"

Your ESO name is 'cleverly' hidden. Why don't you post it for us?

[This message has been edited by Echoic (edited 02-02-2006 @ 08:00 PM).]

Ceres629
Skirmisher
posted 02-02-06 07:56 PM EDT (US)     24 / 49       
Well if you understand so much about the ports then why don't you share this knowledge then?
OpenAmp
Banned
posted 02-02-06 08:06 PM EDT (US)     25 / 49       
so what is your point? until you say what makes them OP i will still think that they are UP and still think you are a noob.

i think i'll start a post and call it "villagers are OP i know a secret about them and i'll spam the board and not tell you what it is."

tell us your ESO name, coward.

EDIT: you haven't even played on expert yet?! n00b!!!

[This message has been edited by OpenAmp (edited 02-02-2006 @ 08:09 PM).]

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames