You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.34 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » What was your rookie Civ?
Bottom
Topic Subject:What was your rookie Civ?
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
ub3r
Skirmisher
posted 02-05-06 00:02 AM EDT (US)         
When i first played online on ESO i used the Spanish. I did terrible in my first25 or 40 games and had a low win %, since i stopped lvling them at 36.I never really utilized Spanish for what thier strong points were i guess ^^

After that I used german for 50 games and won 40 of them or something like that, i also used british and won 50% of my 40 games w them, and played i think 30 something games with Russia and won more than 75% with the motherland. Im currently trying Dutch =D

AuthorReplies:
aka99
Skirmisher
posted 02-05-06 00:04 AM EDT (US)     1 / 34       
I started with British for two games in which I won one and got destroyed in the other. Then I moved to French and currently I play French, Dutch and Ports.
StonewallJ
Seraph Emeritus
(id: Conquistador34)
posted 02-05-06 00:07 AM EDT (US)     2 / 34       
I started with German, then went to Dutch --> went to Russia, but I'm bad with them, sort of used Spain, but I'm using German again.

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
[][][][][][][][][][] Stonewall J [][][][][][][][][][][]
[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
Gold Rust
Skirmisher
posted 02-05-06 00:13 AM EDT (US)     3 / 34       
I first used Russia, after about 20 games started experimenting with other civs, played germans for about 20 games, and now I play Russia and Germans at about a 2:1 ratio repectively.
ZAKtheGeek
Skirmisher
posted 02-05-06 00:13 AM EDT (US)     4 / 34       
I've always played russian. I've got two barely-levelled other cities: german and port. I don't know why.

I am herpes.

Pyro Icon
majpain
Skirmisher
posted 02-05-06 00:48 AM EDT (US)     5 / 34       
Custergrant
Skirmisher
posted 02-05-06 00:50 AM EDT (US)     6 / 34       
I started with the Ottomans, then British, and right now, I'm trying out the Germans.

Co-Leader and Founder of the Eye-Candy Guild
Head of Research and Development for the AOE3 Editor
Designer's Mod Co-Creator
Official Story Writer of Wherever

Come join the Guild!

TheGoodEvil
Skirmisher
posted 02-05-06 00:52 AM EDT (US)     7 / 34       
Rookie civ was russia, almost every game I lost with Russia was when I was just learning the game.

French was second it helped me to realise that booming was most important (I was a C&C player before AoE3) so after them I went to spain then dutch then germans and brits and evetything else except otto

TGE

TGE's RTS Blog, news, thoughts, and advice on RTS gaming

Able Company (my job)

"I've kicked more ass on accident than most people have on purpose"

Mongol horse man
Skirmisher
posted 02-05-06 00:57 AM EDT (US)     8 / 34       
My rookie civ was Ottomans I started outed good but after 5 games I didn't do so well. Right now I'm playing as the Germans.

(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < )Say hi to the bunny!
"Once they have vaginas, they'll take over the world.-Cy Marlayne on the subject of robots.
NemesisHunter
Skirmisher
posted 02-05-06 01:54 AM EDT (US)     9 / 34       
I started with the french. Got up to level 10 or so then started playing Spain, Germany, and French and a little russia. Maybe like 3 games with french, then two with those civs, then three more with french, then another two with w/e civ of those I felt like.

I like switching it around, keeps things interesting for me.

Chubbs4U
Skirmisher
posted 02-05-06 01:59 AM EDT (US)     10 / 34       
I used Portugal and sometimes Spanish, but usually Port....
Doggiedoodle
Skirmisher
posted 02-05-06 02:02 AM EDT (US)     11 / 34       
Portugal then germany then a smattering of others now ports again.

This is a forged signature.

A wise Camasp once said, "When in doubt, assasinate everyone."

Alex898
Skirmisher
posted 02-05-06 02:20 AM EDT (US)     12 / 34       
French (I'm so ashamed!) -> Germans -> Russians -> Ports -> Dutch

Now i randomly play as 1 of the latter 4 depending on my mood and the map type.

Octavian_AGE3H
Skirmisher
(id: Octavian_3009)
posted 02-05-06 03:23 AM EDT (US)     13 / 34       
My rookie civ for the full version was the Ottomans. After more than three months of playing the game (not counting a few weeks that I spent playing the demo before the game came out), I still play like a rookie.
devi0us
Skirmisher
posted 02-05-06 03:30 AM EDT (US)     14 / 34       
My first civ was the British (offline) because I thought their civ bonus rocked and they get REDCOATS! Soon after I bought the real game I used the Dutch.

My ESO name is devi0us
SapphirianDragon
Skirmisher
posted 02-05-06 03:43 AM EDT (US)     15 / 34       
I started out with French, and at the time I had no idea the French is supposed to be the OP civ. I chose them for their strong villagers which would make me less vulnerable to raiding and rushing, two of the things I hated the most in AoK.

"If you use French you are gay, if you use french + native rush and cuir spam you are flaming out of control" --TGE, pre 1.05 patch
Zarggy
Skirmisher
posted 02-05-06 05:40 AM EDT (US)     16 / 34       
^^ dito, played a couple of games with british i think and kept getting rushed. So then I heard french vils were harder to kill so changed to them to avoid getting owned so bad. Later, once hearing french were OP, tried russian and dutch and a little of everything.
Takk
Skirmisher
(id: Luke_Feanor)
posted 02-05-06 06:02 AM EDT (US)     17 / 34       
I've only really played British. I have a French and a German HC also, but haven't really used them.

Lucas is boss.
BloTo
Skirmisher
posted 02-05-06 07:17 AM EDT (US)     18 / 34       
russian. they had the coolest flag, i won my first 5 quicksearch games as them. back in the day, strelet rush was deadly.

Eso: scuzz

[This message has been edited by BloTo (edited 02-05-2006 @ 07:18 AM).]

rel4xed
Skirmisher
posted 02-05-06 07:37 AM EDT (US)     19 / 34       
French. I sensed their power.

Greetings, I'm Synthax.
SirKT 2k+ clan
Ceres629
Skirmisher
posted 02-05-06 07:58 AM EDT (US)     20 / 34       
I sensed spanish power from the demo, and by the time the full game came out I was already pretty good with them by practising at the demo and won most of my games right from the start. However compared to no, I still sucked back then.

Spain was my rookie civ though, then I moved to ports to see what all this ports is UP talk was about, and discovered they were UP after playing almost 200 games with them, went back to spanish where I started my own FF strategy that happened before the FF craze took off (i would shudder to think it was I who started the FF craze)

After FF became the new 'strategy to beat' I switch to Brits and I think I finally found my favourite civ, tried dutch but I think they suck. Soon I will have most games played as brits ^^

[This message has been edited by Ceres629 (edited 02-05-2006 @ 08:03 AM).]

Anuknight
Skirmisher
posted 02-05-06 10:27 AM EDT (US)     21 / 34       
I started off as France, but I left when I saw how OP they were. Then I took up Germany long before the FF craze. I have stuck with them since. Germany FTW!

(`._.[~Anuknight~ ]._.)
Dark_Jedi06
Skirmisher
posted 02-05-06 11:14 AM EDT (US)     22 / 34       
The Ottomans were mine...my win percentage with them was about 60% even though I wasn't that good. Back then, no one seemed to be able to fend off an Ottoman rush.

ESO Name: Dark_Jedi06
AgeCommunity Statistics | ELO Rating

"Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win."
-Sun Tzu, The Art of War
ca_aok
Skirmisher
posted 02-05-06 11:17 AM EDT (US)     23 / 34       
Started with French, now I'm playing Russia

|Ca_aok|HG Seraph wannabe|
|{ca_aok@hotmail.com}|
|{ESO2: [EEX] ca_aok}|
O-- Member of EEX, and former member of LKS --O
In the Darkness, there is Light, in the Old, there is New.
From the Void a New Star rises, Shining down for Me and You.
Novoa20
Skirmisher
posted 02-05-06 11:36 AM EDT (US)     24 / 34       
I started with Portugal, after a few games I changed to Spain, got bored and started playing with the British for a pretty long time, and now I've been playing with Germany.
TheZappa
Skirmisher
posted 02-05-06 11:40 AM EDT (US)     25 / 34       
Russia to lvl 45 or so then tried dutch/german to only low levels then went to Spain and have it at around 45 now aswell. I plan on continuing to use spain. My win % and rating have jumped considerably since switching from russia^^
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames