You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.43 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » I was 2150 with germans, dropped to 1850 with Ports, WTF
Bottom
Topic Subject:I was 2150 with germans, dropped to 1850 with Ports, WTF
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
The Enslaver
Inactive
posted 02-17-06 03:38 PM EDT (US)         
I was trying to play new civ, has people said Ports were the weakiest i went try them and the result is incredible , so many losses !!!

How is possible to have such a huge gap between civs , HOW !!!!!!!!!

AuthorReplies:
atruskot
Skirmisher
posted 02-18-06 12:02 PM EDT (US)     26 / 43       

Quote:

standard army units made=875

mercenary army units made=244

how long did those games last? You can't make wave after wave of mercs, but you can make one OP wave of mercs and units. You can't give us half of the info and expect us to believe you. Show us the recorded games of the pros not massing together mercs and I'll believe you. Otherwise, I'll continue to think of you as a jackass who has no idea what you're talking about.

also, some of your other points are just obsurd. You were trying to tell me mercs weren't too strong in your first post, then came back at me saying you never said they weren't OP... (btw, you were the one to chage topics [massing mercs is different from only mercs], not me.)

Y3AH
Skirmisher
posted 02-18-06 12:03 PM EDT (US)     27 / 43       

Quote:

I doubt you were 2150.

Chubbs4U
Skirmisher
posted 02-18-06 12:05 PM EDT (US)     28 / 43       
LOL...if you look EVERYONE has a 100% winning with the Ports....
Morningthaw
Skirmisher
posted 02-18-06 12:13 PM EDT (US)     29 / 43       
atruskot, you say "when all you do is mass mercs" schildpad said "many germans only make mercs" - how are these too statments different? they arent. my complaint is that your implying that its is posible to win at expert level with ONLY mercs. it isnt. quote from [hope]knee over @agesanctuary -

"He [Grunt] only used BRs of the mercs (!), instead he used all his resources on normal units Still he used mercantalism and took the free unit shipments (9 Uhlans, 9+8 skirms etc)"

[This message has been edited by Morningthaw (edited 02-18-2006 @ 12:13 PM).]

ZhaZ
Skirmisher
posted 02-18-06 03:04 PM EDT (US)     30 / 43       
I wasnt trying to support either you nor Morningthaw. Both your opinions are probably valid but atruskots opition is not defined and I think theres a chance you pretty much missudnerstand eachother. If atruskot think experts go for pure merc flood he is wrong. I enjoy the debate anyways, specifically Morningthaws outburst of rookie-calling.

Mercantilism owns pure merc mass. But it is almost as mindnumbing as it also depend on shipments. What do you do while waiting for the units? Cook a cup of tea?

Seraphim. Tis is true, true. Meatballs is not good for my stomach. Maybe I ought to take your recipe!

[img]http://www.mastersgames.de/esostats/NoX,qaghan,0,5.png[/img]
Satyrical_Mule
Skirmisher
posted 02-18-06 05:42 PM EDT (US)     31 / 43       
LOL Morningthaw calling someone a rook? ...
George_III
Skirmisher
posted 02-18-06 05:48 PM EDT (US)     32 / 43       
How do you know what score you have? Like, 2150 or 1850? I never found out.
atruskot
Skirmisher
posted 02-18-06 06:19 PM EDT (US)     33 / 43       
All I had to say was that it's easy to go from a high rank German to a low rank Port player. Mainly because it's extremely easy to win games when you have the a large selection of powerful mercs on your side.

For some reason Mr. "Not has highly ranked as me" decided to start calling me a rook, I guess it's because mercs are strong and he wants to be a badass by saying that you shouldn't use a lot of them because he doesn't. (But maybe thats why his score isn't as high as mine... It's just a guess)

I just want to say that all of the rooks love the mercs, but us rooks don't know any better. So either listen to all of the rooks and win some games, or listen to the expert and don't build the OP german mercs.

---

George: http://aoe.cuetech.de/ranking/
Type in your ESO name, it'll show you a rank that is based on something like what AoK used (The ELO system, or the chess system.)

Morningthaw
Skirmisher
posted 02-18-06 06:23 PM EDT (US)     34 / 43       
didnt call anyone a rook, i said that going only mercs was a rookie strat/saying that it was a good strat or a over powered strat was a rookie opinion. and zhaz, considering that when we played last your age2 army was all shipments, and most of your age3 army as well (6 lancers, stradiots, 2 falc's) ..kinda ironic that you should criticise it as a tactic
George_III
Skirmisher
posted 02-19-06 10:05 AM EDT (US)     35 / 43       
Thanks, atruskot.
schildpad
Skirmisher
posted 02-19-06 10:21 AM EDT (US)     36 / 43       
only mercs IS a strong strat, of course you will start making normal units after you send mercs, and a german will never have only mercs, he also get free uhlans, but a mostly merc army is a very good strat

"such a kind fellow!" ~ ķįŋğ_Ćħŗĩ_ĬĬ

Furby killer should be crowned leader of AOE forum ~ [SW_GD]Teutonic

Stophon4
Skirmisher
posted 02-19-06 10:56 AM EDT (US)     37 / 43       
Gogo morning thaw, pwn them n00bs.

Lol nah but morning thaw is right IMO, at a higher level german players don't get straight mercs period.

Most good german players actually only go 1-2 sets in a game that I see.

Spanish and german are both good, but don't you dare say mercs are OP and beaitng your spain easily, thats not true at all.

Maybe I missed it, but what is the "rookie"'s ESO2 name? (haha..joke)

"Dutch are OP!"
"Iriquois are OP!"
"Stophon is OP!"

tEk Clan #1 US Clan

[This message has been edited by Stophon4 (edited 02-19-2006 @ 11:00 AM).]

ZhaZ
Skirmisher
posted 02-19-06 11:58 AM EDT (US)     38 / 43       
You pretty much called him a rook straight out (ie said he had no clueof the game except at rookie level). And a "freaking retard" for that matter. Its all good and I was quite amused by this thread.

Anyway. Why Am I not allowed to say strategies who rely on shipments are boring? I use it sure. But everyone has to, it is still boring. Wasn't criticizing anyone in particular, just the strategy.

[img]http://www.mastersgames.de/esostats/NoX,qaghan,0,5.png[/img]
Stophon4
Skirmisher
posted 02-19-06 12:57 PM EDT (US)     39 / 43       
Well if you think germasn go only mercs and are OP then you dont have any clue of the game except at a rookie level, right?

"Dutch are OP!"
"Iriquois are OP!"
"Stophon is OP!"

tEk Clan #1 US Clan
NrS_KiLLer
Skirmisher
posted 02-19-06 12:58 PM EDT (US)     40 / 43       
Hey Morningthaw, aren't you heavily against personal attacks?

Calling someone a "faggot" is also extremely low.

I hope you're familiar with where that term originated.

Satyrical_Mule
Skirmisher
posted 02-19-06 01:14 PM EDT (US)     41 / 43       
Morningthaw is known throughout ESO as being a jerk, it's no surprise.
Dio_the_lonely
Banned
posted 02-19-06 02:31 PM EDT (US)     42 / 43       

Since when were Ports UP? I always thought they were the best.

StonewallJ
Seraph Emeritus
(id: Conquistador34)
posted 02-19-06 02:36 PM EDT (US)     43 / 43       
silly silly Dio.

They have such a slow start. That is what's wrong. And their organ guns arent as effective as falconets.

Is this ebcause you have a 100% win with them? That is because there is a bug on agecommunity.com that does not include port loses for some reason.

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
[][][][][][][][][][] Stonewall J [][][][][][][][][][][]
[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames