You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.176 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Can french get a REAL bonus?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Can french get a REAL bonus?
« Previous Page  1 ··· 3 4 5 6 7  Next Page »
Jumbalaya
Skirmisher
posted 06-22-06 08:29 PM EDT (US)         
Sending a card does not = a bonus.. Howbout give them a boost to their natives WITHOUT sending the damn card!! Same goes for dutch and bank cards -_-

lol im jumby
AuthorReplies:
Adam42
Skirmisher
posted 06-28-06 02:29 AM EDT (US)     101 / 176       

Quote:

Again stop talking about Coureur as their bonus because UU=not a bonus.

Not all UUs are bonuses, but the cdb is one because it's not just a military unit like a rodelero or war wagon, it's a villager which is different. Oh and btw settler wagons is ONE OF the german bonuses, so if you replace the cdb bonus with something you'll have to do the same with SW.

Killersquirrel
Skirmisher
posted 06-28-06 03:55 AM EDT (US)     102 / 176       

Quote:

Again stop talking about Coureur as their bonus because UU=not a bonus.

Like it or not it IS their bonus.

Bill: Bob, I see troops advancing.
Bob: Damn, I can't get my grenades to light. Get over here and block the wind.
Bill: Do you hear gunshots?
Bob: I'm running out of matches. Hurry up.
bill: They just shanked john.
bob: He'll be dearly missed. Now help me ligh-
exe163
Skirmisher
posted 06-28-06 06:18 AM EDT (US)     103 / 176       
Can somebody answerme few questions:

what tpye of civ is french? a rushing civ? i dont think so, they get the least starting crate and colonal shipement have siege = no way to take down a tc b4 7:30. a boom civ, french is far from close to the possible econ comapare to British Port and Dutch. at a level about maybe 100 resoures more than spanish hit colonal (just a random guess, spainish player can just sent crate so that makes them 600 resources more than french player)

making xtreme native improvement will not help french, french will win if they get mayan, french will be the same crappy french if they r on great lake, and every player plays french will do the wall off native post thing, and ppl use french on a crap native map will resign or lose.

u get native as merc? how will that help french, remember the topic: 'Can french get a REAL bonus?' u pay 1000 food for 5 dog soldier, dont you rather get 5 mam, they r stronger too, how is some food merc card will help french? thats lyk letting french get all the merc card in the game, will that help french much. BTW, u can get 5 dog soldier at 15 min mark for 500w 500g latoka post so i guess u save a shipment. merc (native) is not a bounus its just unique cards that french should include in the original game to make french more 'fun'(ny yet UP) and native merc can be in the unique unit section which is seperated from bonuses

BONUS =
German: FREE Uhlan every shipment
Port: FREE TC wagon every age
British: a FREE vill every 2 house u build(1 manor 150 wood = 100 wood house + 50 wood vill)
Spanish:FREE shipment every 4 min or so(correct me if i'm wrong, u get 1 more shipment at colonal so i do the comment sence)
Dutch: ability to build uber settler (bank) cost no pop that generate gold to make ur 100g vill FREE
Russain: FREE rax every tower is build, cheaper army, FREE unit comes with a military shipment( age 3 11 muskt instead of 9)

if french dont get anything free they game will not be balance

b4 patch french get a free vill at start(1.2x6=7.2)i dont know how is that make them over power some other civ starts with 7. one possible solution cancel the 3 CdB card and give the 6th vill back faster colonal, same amount of vill after that <=== this is not a bonus either, just suggestion

how about free shipment of natives every age total 600 resource worth, u get it even when u dont have post that makes them = to ports free tc. or/and make french have a 30% native pop bonus

and add a card that ships 1k resources worth natives in fortress wounld be nice to prove 'better native'

or native scout a hero character, cannot be killed(explorer style that is) and can train allied native lyk spanish xplor train dog. or the scout can trasform into a native trading post with makes the 3rd age native politician more useful

ill try to come up with more idea, i love french, its a pain to use them when other civ got so stronge

[This message has been edited by exe163 (edited 06-28-2006 @ 06:28 AM).]

Ossian
Skirmisher
posted 06-28-06 09:49 AM EDT (US)     104 / 176       
EXE, Say dutch get 150 FREE pop

And fine if their UU is their bonus doesn't that mean that germany is even more OP then everyone thought?

That means germany has 3 bonus's.....

Thats just plain OP

And it's not their bonus if another civ already has the same thing (better fighting villager that gathers faster and costs more to make)

I think anyone that thinks CDB is their bonus and shouldn't get another one are just still sore about them being "OP" (which they never were because germany was better in 1.0)

And in closing I would like to say that the fortress 2 natives 3 mantlet age up is the most worthless shipment in the game next to 2 settlers.

*WINDOWS CRITICAL ERROR 19891126*
Product ID: Ossian Discontinued
Contact your network admin for more details
about this special edition of player...

Allthough cetans are darker, did you know that if you read the word 'cetan' as a dutch word, that you get the same sound as when reading 'satan' in english.-Furby Killer
Real2002
Skirmisher
posted 06-28-06 11:13 AM EDT (US)     105 / 176       

Quote:

Not all UUs are bonuses, but the cdb is one because it's not just a military unit like a rodelero or war wagon, it's a villager which is different. Oh and btw settler wagons is ONE OF the german bonuses, so if you replace the cdb bonus with something you'll have to do the same with SW.

Ok...

So if you look at cdb as a bonus, as it has been discussed a million times it's not so much greater than a settler, only marginally. But then if you wanna compare other bonuses of France and Germany, French get native cards to bump up hp by 10% and nonsense like that. And a native scout that can't be rebuilt so your enemy always targets it pretty early. Germany gets free uhlans, extra mercs, earlier mercs.

Nobody's talking about replacing the cdb. It's fixing their native bonus. And even if you changed the cdb why would you have to change SW? Because the other German bonuses are inferior? Because they have fewer bonuses than French?

There are 4 French bonuses that the game documentation lists for France. 2 have to do with cdb: gather faster and more armor, but that's a simplistic view considering cost and training time. They take time to become a bonus over regular settlers. One is that cuirs are the best cav in the game, but that's arguable because of WW. Finally, they have a mad awesome native bonus! A scout and some cards! But everyone knows that the best cards are resource and unit shipments anyway because if the French player uses 4 shipments to boost natives to an awesome level, they've already lost.

"BUT CDB GATHER 25% FASTER! IT'S AWESOME!!!!!"

W/e

ESO: Steel_Reign

*Doles out the harshness*

exe163
Skirmisher
posted 06-28-06 03:25 PM EDT (US)     106 / 176       

Quote:

"BUT CDB GATHER 25% FASTER! IT'S AWESOME!!!!!"

how about this:

every civ gets JUST CdBs and French get normal settler + free uhlan every shipment, i dont see how is that fair

unupgraded Cdbs only takes 1 more Uhlan slash before they go the heaven (AOEIII heaven) and u lose 1.2 settler instead of just 1 settler every CdB get raided. plus the pioneer card do less upgrade to CdBs than settler
'I guess CdBs are just Awesome, I wish i can pay 120g as Dutch to get them'

LMAO

Drinian
Savage Norseman
(id: TimmySpok)
posted 06-28-06 04:06 PM EDT (US)     107 / 176       
France gets two forts, right?

But yeah, the native thing needs to be better. I would say French should get 10% cheaper natives.

Dagorhir Battlegames-- A full contact medieval combat battle game

Varangia-- A viking unit in the Aratari chapter of Dagorhir

Winner-- OD Idol 2009
TOO_Saruman
Skirmisher
posted 06-28-06 04:13 PM EDT (US)     108 / 176       
France isn't lacking in bonuses....I don't know where people get this idea? What about having the strongest unit in teh game? What about uber 1337 settler? What about awesome native cards?

Oh wait, following Ossians logic this is 3 Bonuses, therefor France is "OP"

ESO: empirejoao3
Clan:Proud
"You know the world is going crazy when the best golfer in the world is black, the best rapper is white, and the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese" LOL!!!
George_uk
Skirmisher
posted 06-28-06 04:35 PM EDT (US)     109 / 176       
Lol nice post exe13

Saruman, the strongest unit in the game is every expensive and very counterable compared to the german version of their very own tank. The "uber 1337 settler" comes at an extra price, more time to train, cost more. Some guy worked it out, the advantage only comes at around 8 mins plus. Yeah and the "awesome native cards" aren't so awesome. It doesn't take a 2k+ to figure that out.

Previously known as MoNo Ager
LO12DS_Mist
Skirmisher
posted 06-28-06 04:42 PM EDT (US)     110 / 176       
Basically, 8 minutes plus is during a normal fort war.

So, the bonus is actually good.

Factor in vil cards, the bonus appears earlier, more like 6 minutes.

I am Rumour Kontrol.
exe163
Skirmisher
posted 06-28-06 05:51 PM EDT (US)     111 / 176       
they fact is ppl is expecting too much from the

Quote:

uber 1337 settler

pretend that mist's guess is rite

Quote:

Factor in vil cards, the bonus appears earlier, more like 6 minutes

can the uber 1337 settler gatther the extra resource to make 8 more pikes as spain get them from the free shipment ( if they save up the shipment to fortress will make that 12 pike for uber 1337 settler to get in 8 min ) or can get gather 1200 more wood in 7:30 to make 2 more TC as port do(even if they can port still get advatage on the time 3 tc is up + explorer can explor) and german get the better discovery shipment than french**2 super uber 1337 settler with a cart** so basiclly french just get a free native scout which makes them OP

hand cav is useless dont bother wasting 300 res on them (die very fast against pike or halb with same res, die pretty fast against musketeers)

give the native cards to every civ i dont even think they will put them in the deck, or not even bother wasting a lv picking that card (TEAM native worrier attack and hit point increase, wow i wonder how many of my parnter can get native when theres only 2 or so when otto already got 1)

u can say french have more 'bonus' if u count the little things but they cant match all other civs thats y french should not be OP even with the 6th starting vill(now they r UP, not kool)

TOO_Saruman
Skirmisher
posted 06-28-06 05:59 PM EDT (US)     112 / 176       
They are VERY slightly weak, not UP. They are still on par with Spanish, Russian, and Brits.

"You know the world is going crazy when the best golfer in the world is black, the best rapper is white, and the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese" LOL!!!
exe163
Skirmisher
posted 06-28-06 06:43 PM EDT (US)     113 / 176       
non sense, spanish never weak, britsh only weak at 1v1, russian... idk... but french never par with the frist 2
Ossian
Skirmisher
posted 06-28-06 06:56 PM EDT (US)     114 / 176       

Quote:

Basically, 8 minutes plus is during a normal fort war.

So, the bonus is actually good.

Factor in vil cards, the bonus appears earlier, more like 6 minutes.

Yes but by that time it's go time and all his army he got from his bonus's are coming in you're base and you won't have any time to use it.

And WW > cuirs so best cav doesn't count.

And saruman, brits > france by far.

Oh and about the whole "flexable military" Spain has every unit that france but halbs which are replaced by rods which are alot better in their role.

Allthough cetans are darker, did you know that if you read the word 'cetan' as a dutch word, that you get the same sound as when reading 'satan' in english.-Furby Killer

[This message has been edited by Ossian (edited 06-28-2006 @ 07:00 PM).]

exe163
Skirmisher
posted 06-28-06 07:38 PM EDT (US)     115 / 176       

Quoted from ossian:

by that time it's go time and all his army he got from his bonus's are coming in you're base and you won't have any time to use it.

And WW > cuirs so best cav doesn't count.

And saruman, brits > france by far.

Oh and about the whole "flexable military" Spain has every unit that france but halbs which are replaced by rods which are alot better in

QFT, french one of the bottom 2 civ. not UP who is?
TOO_Saruman
Skirmisher
posted 06-28-06 08:53 PM EDT (US)     116 / 176       
No...France=Spain. It goes like this

Germany
Ports
Ottos
Russia(The Difference between Russia and Ottos is tiny, I actually think Russia might be better)
Spain=Brit=France
Dutch

Ossian, if Brits are so good why can't you beat my France with ur Brit? (if u remember last game we did that I won)

Brtnboarder495
Skirmisher
posted 06-28-06 10:11 PM EDT (US)     117 / 176       
France seems to have an advantage over Britain with there Cuirs (which own the typical britain army, pikes+lbows), which are hard to take down with even goons when massed. They get BR too which when combined with cuirs make a nasty raiding party ... and they own. Britain doesn't really have anything that can counter that except for totally massing goons, but you gotta do alot of hitting and running from those cuirs' melee attack.

IMO ...

Germany
Ottoman
Portugal
Spain
France
Britain
Russia
Dutch

Gameranger: _NiGhThAwK_
xSephirothx
Skirmisher
(id: xMatt the Greatx)
posted 06-28-06 10:12 PM EDT (US)     118 / 176       
I could beat your France with my Brit :P.

The French should get another bonus, even if it doesnt actually boost them, they need some other level of uniqueness to them. And while your bonus kicks in in 7 or so minutes, my bonus (say as brits) has given me anywhere between 4-20 vills by then. As germans i have gotten 4 free uhlans. As russia I have an even better economic output as my vills come out over 50% faster than yours and my military comes out faster.

A unique unit should not be a bonus. At least give France something to make them more interesting.

brandnizzle
Skirmisher
posted 06-28-06 10:42 PM EDT (US)     119 / 176       
the french DO have a diffrent lookign explorer...i think.
Real2002
Skirmisher
posted 06-28-06 11:57 PM EDT (US)     120 / 176       

Quote:

And while your bonus kicks in in 7 or so minutes

And you gotta remember too, it's cumulative. It's not like an on/off switch - no bonus, then bonus. It takes time to build. It's 7 minutes before it starts turning in your favor.

exe163
Skirmisher
posted 06-29-06 08:30 AM EDT (US)     121 / 176       
russian and french should be at the bottom, dutch if perfectly fine.bank bank bank, unraidable just lyk plantation + vill in 1 building and russian i dont know how r they UP but ppl say so i go with it spain is kool, best players use them very flexible IMO - spanish is lyk the basic or all civs + the more shipment am i rite?

french need something fun and boost at the same. and massed cuir is pain to c each one of them die, and britsh gets rocket and lbow, they r only bad 1v1 because no good fortress unit and ppl take too much for the house boom and forgot RUSH > BOOM fact, british should add skirm. which gives them to choose to mass lbow pike or musket skrim

LO12DS_Mist
Skirmisher
posted 06-29-06 08:37 AM EDT (US)     122 / 176       

Quote:

4-20 vills

You make 20 houses by 7 minutes? Thats b/s.

Quote:

As germans i have gotten 4 free uhlans.

WOW, 4 uhlans. The worst single cav unit in the game.

The only thing 4 uhlans are good at is annoyance, you need more (in fort) to be able to do ANYTHING except attempt raiding and die.

Quote:

As russia I have an even better economic output as my vills come out over 50% faster than yours and my military comes out faster.

No, you don't. You require 2 TCs and a lot of vils on food to actually keep that economic production up.

Russians only have an advantage economically if they can actually afford to pay for their military units AND their economic units at the same time, and that doesn't happen until 10 minutes+.

Also, every other civ except ports gets vil cards, and ports get extra TCs anyway.

I am Rumour Kontrol.
Ossian
Skirmisher
posted 06-29-06 09:36 AM EDT (US)     123 / 176       
Saruman I love how you dig up 2 week old games, when you know I suck vs you.

brandnizzle
Skirmisher
posted 06-29-06 10:29 AM EDT (US)     124 / 176       
french MUST be good cause ossian beat my dutch with his french.
Real2002
Skirmisher
posted 06-29-06 03:12 PM EDT (US)     125 / 176       

Quote:

You make 20 houses by 7 minutes? Thats b/s.

40 vil colonial. It was in the strat section a while back. On the front page I think too. Doesn't happen all the time but that's what it can get up to.

Quote:

WOW, 4 uhlans. The worst single cav unit in the game.

I'm sure other civs would be pissed if they got a free uhlan or 2 with their shipments.

"What am I gonna do with this POS?! I should delete it. Takin' up pop space..."

« Previous Page  1 ··· 3 4 5 6 7  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames