Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.40 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Brittish are OP
Bottom
Topic Subject:Brittish are OP
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
N_E_Patriots
Skirmisher
posted 08-01-06 06:02 PM EDT (US)         
Yet again ESO screwed up, i lost twice today to a guy who just massed LB's and dragoons, he boomed faster than me, i couldnt rush him, wtf am i supposed to do. Cassadors dont work, long bows out range and out gun them, the dragoons destroy any calvary i send at the LB's, i destroyed two of his factories and he still one, i raided his peasants killiing at least 20, and hes still one.

This game has gone to hell.

I lost in the AOE3H FRR
Support Gay Pride!
Michael Jackson is innocent!
I smell.
AuthorReplies:
xSephirothx
Skirmisher
(id: xMatt the Greatx)
posted 08-02-06 03:24 PM EDT (US)     26 / 40       
What happens to their 20 pikes prepared in mameluke defense suddenly meet 5 ronin instead? This is where scouting comes in .
Adam42
Skirmisher
posted 08-02-06 03:39 PM EDT (US)     27 / 40       
There are always longbows too. What I meant is that the Brit would get 20 pikes in addition to his longbow army if he suspected mamelukes. Well I would anyway.
Brtnboarder495
Skirmisher
posted 08-02-06 04:11 PM EDT (US)     28 / 40       
Yea ... every port player gets mams out almost the instant they get to fortress, so it's not like it's often a suprise. The thing about pikes is that they suck against ports otherwise because goons will hit and run them to death, and cass and organs own them. So I find goons to be better because although more expensive they last longer and can raid.

Gameranger: _NiGhThAwK_
schildpad
Skirmisher
posted 08-02-06 04:18 PM EDT (US)     29 / 40       
there you got 3 nice units:

lbows>cas
lbows>organs (at least the only cannon worse vs lbows is the culv)
lbow>goon

"such a kind fellow!" ~ ķįŋğ_Ćħŗĩ_ĬĬ

Furby killer should be crowned leader of AOE forum ~ [SW_GD]Teutonic

dre1919
Skirmisher
posted 08-02-06 04:24 PM EDT (US)     30 / 40       
"The British are Op" - Ha, ha...didn't think I'd see that one. I don't feel they're OP at all, and personally, after having been playng them for a long time and not having the easy time of it that German, Portuguese, Spanish and even French players have had I don't feel bad for you at all. It's finally time for someone else to spend a few minutes at the back of the bus instead of the Brits.

That having been said, I agree with the other comments here. It's not so much the civs as the people playing them in a lot of cases. I'd suggest recording your games and watching what he was doing, then realize what you did wrong along the way as well. Good luck, anyway.

dre

dre1919's Comprehensive British Unit Guide v.1
Fear the Redcoat Advance.
"The first casualty of war is the truth."
Ender_Ward
Skirmisher
posted 08-02-06 04:45 PM EDT (US)     31 / 40       
Somebody email the link for this thread to Ceres629.

"One wants to be loved, failing that admired, failing that feared, failing that hated and despised. One wants to instill in other people some form of emotion. The soul shudders before emptiness and wants contact, no matter the cost."
parallax7d
Skirmisher
posted 08-02-06 04:58 PM EDT (US)     32 / 40       
I think it's safer to say that British are not OP now, but they are certainly a much better Colonial civ now. They used to not be that great in colonial due to all the wood you used to have to use, but with houses and rax cheaper you gotta watch out for British early now.

If they reduced the longbow AT by 20% then I would say they are just about perfectly balanced now as a civ.

Chimp With A Gun
Skirmisher
posted 08-02-06 07:30 PM EDT (US)     33 / 40       
I agree with every one who is bashing on you.

Chimp with a gun
AKA
Desert fox
WAR DOESN'T DETERMINE WHO'S RIGHT,
ONLY WHO'S LEFT
Brtnboarder495
Skirmisher
posted 08-02-06 08:49 PM EDT (US)     34 / 40       
The main reason everyone is thinking they are OP is because they were obviously UP when compared to other civs, so now that they have been balanced out and are truly balanced, everyone is freaking out.

ES obviously has taken a lot of time to make the correct balance changes this time around.

But no point in really complaining, seeing as you won't see anymore balance changes at least until after TWC.

THE_champion95
Skirmisher
posted 08-03-06 08:52 AM EDT (US)     35 / 40       
Rockets are OP, British are OP in late game, but im saying this purely because of rockets, they train so damn fast and with culverins, u have to pay 400 gold for them

supporter of Crystal Palace Football club
Leader of The VnX clan!

ESO Name: Rulezzz
Brtnboarder495
Skirmisher
posted 08-03-06 11:13 AM EDT (US)     36 / 40       
Two civs you never want to allow to age4 are Ports and Brits. Britain isn't hard to crack earlier on, because they will sacrifice military for booming, and then overwhelm you later. So finish it in age3.

Also, rockets were heavily nerfed, their HP was reduced from 400 - 350, and they now have a .8x multiplier against other artillery.

ziGGysiGGy43
Skirmisher
posted 08-03-06 12:18 PM EDT (US)     37 / 40       
lol, I agree Ender. Imagine poor Ceres getting an email titled, "Brits OP!" Poor guy would have a heart attack.
The Haque MysteR
Skirmisher
posted 08-03-06 01:54 PM EDT (US)     38 / 40       
Brits arent OP at all imo, i think ESO did a great job balancing them out.

ESO: [LoSt-] HaQuE_nO_7 --- 2150~
LoH_Numa1
Skirmisher
posted 08-03-06 02:55 PM EDT (US)     39 / 40       
I believe that they're still balanced.

But nice on the melodrama.

Check out my Blog at www.lohcenter.net
Gastraphete
Skirmisher
posted 08-03-06 03:20 PM EDT (US)     40 / 40       
Gastraphete to the rescue!!! Well i guess I'll be the only one to back up Patriots...
No matter how many counters you can come up, tha fact of the matter is that longbows are greater than all other light infantry, hands down.
All a british player will need is 5-10 units to meatshield any cavalry long enough for the longbows to mop them to the floor.
Rush them? I laugh at you! wall + longbows = gg
Outboom em? I laugh at you! they easily get the most amount of villagers early game and late game. IF you don't rush em early they're economy will be significantly better than yours and if they have up all their houses in age 4 you might as well resign because they can spawn 20 villagers out of their houses every minute or so.
It is easier said then done to prevent someone from aging up. History will repeat itself. Nobody thought Germany was OP in the first couple of patches. whoop dee doo look what happened then. Now that Germany is out of the picture what do you thinks gonna happen now? Yes It probably is too early to call, but once people start advancing and perfecting the british strategies, you just wait.
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames