Bottom
Topic Subject:5 Uhlan Shipment
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
xSephirothx
Skirmisher
(id: xMatt the Greatx)
posted 09-30-06 10:08 PM EDT (US)         
Woot, my first controversial topic!

Anyways, does anyone else think that this card should be boosted? I mean, compared with germany's other shipments it doesnt really seem so great. I think it should be 6 Uhlans personally. I mean, Russians get 5 cossacks, why do germans only get 5 Uhlans?

Opinions?

AuthorReplies:
ultimitsu
Skirmisher
posted 10-02-06 01:17 PM EDT (US)     26 / 35       
it is true that 6 civ have muskts or jans, but truthfully, the only civs that rush german badly is russian and otto.

british for example, despte having muskts, is very unlikely to muskst rush german, same but to a less extend goes to spain, french and port.

take a recent game of finn's german for example, he build a outpost as close to his british opp as he could then sent 9 xbows + 2 uhlans, made 5 xbows at the same time, this happened 40 seconds after he hit colonial, his opp was not able to get enough troops at that point of the game, result is his new units are constantly killed as soon as they are made. finn kept the pressue on, went to fortress, killed massed longbows with massed uhlans.

Ender_Ward
Skirmisher
posted 10-02-06 01:30 PM EDT (US)     27 / 35       
It's not that 5 Uhlans or 3 Hussars are bad shipments. It's just that 5 Cossacks are simply too good.

3 Hussars = 600 resources
4 Cossacks = 600 resources
3 Uhlans (450 res) + 2 Uhlans (300 res) = 750 resources
5 Cossacks = 750 resources

Germany getting higher resource value out of their card makes sense, since it's their bonus to recive extra Uhlans with their (slightly slower) shipments.
But for Russia to have 150 resource advantage over other cavalry shipments (even it's own) makes no sense. It's already a huge advantage to have two cavalry shipments in Colonial, when everyone else has one. But to add a higher resource value on top of that?

The 4 Cossacks and 5 Cossacks cards should both be 4 Cossack cards. Just give the other (formerly 5) Cossack card a unique name, like the Russian expeditionary force, or the Tzar's honour guard, something like that. 5 Cossacks is too good, though.

And the German card should be left alone.

"One wants to be loved, failing that admired, failing that feared, failing that hated and despised. One wants to instill in other people some form of emotion. The soul shudders before emptiness and wants contact, no matter the cost."
ultimitsu
Skirmisher
posted 10-02-06 01:37 PM EDT (US)     28 / 35       
no one ever complained about 5 cossacks before now.

isnt it russian is a bit too good rather than 5 cossacks being too good?

Ender_Ward
Skirmisher
posted 10-02-06 01:43 PM EDT (US)     29 / 35       
No one ever complaind about 5 Cossacks before because Russia sucked in general. A card like that was considered necessary to "make up" for it.

"One wants to be loved, failing that admired, failing that feared, failing that hated and despised. One wants to instill in other people some form of emotion. The soul shudders before emptiness and wants contact, no matter the cost."
ultimitsu
Skirmisher
posted 10-02-06 02:57 PM EDT (US)     30 / 35       
exactly.

therefore I dont think it is necessary to nerf that card, but russian needs a slight nerf else where.

we should keep unique strength "unique", instead of making every civ exactly the same.

F1RE_FLY
Skirmisher
posted 10-02-06 03:37 PM EDT (US)     31 / 35       
There is one reason that it is not a 6/7 uhlan shipment.

THAT WOULD BE OP. Who cares if it is there bonus to get free uhlans. They easily get one free one out of it.

Also having a 5 uhlan shipment AND a 6/7 uhlan shipment would be horrendously strong.

5 uhlans is NOT a bad card. 5 uhlans kill stuff fine.

And why does germany have 9 xbows?

~иииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииии~
ESO: F1R╔_FLП
~иииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииии~
Voltiguer
Skirmisher
posted 10-02-06 04:45 PM EDT (US)     32 / 35       

Quote:

Ask Sandy.

Alpedar
Skirmisher
posted 10-02-06 04:56 PM EDT (US)     33 / 35       
If 5 uhlan is not boosted by german uhlan bonus, and doing it would be OP, then what about making it something else, eg 100w+100f+100g + 5 Uhlans?
Voltiguer
Skirmisher
posted 10-02-06 07:09 PM EDT (US)     34 / 35       

Quote:

If 5 uhlan is not boosted by german uhlan bonus, and doing it would be OP, then what about making it something else, eg 100w+100f+100g + 5 Uhlans?

Sounds a bit like Iroquious in my book.. not a good idea IMO.

Just give it +1 or +2 Uhlans and its fine.

drahnier
Skirmisher
posted 10-02-06 08:29 PM EDT (US)     35 / 35       

Quote:

Why shouldn't they have it?

I guess they wanted to throw germanys hopeless colonial a little bone.

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames