You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.60 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Why Aztecs are the 3rd Civilization
Bottom
Topic Subject:Why Aztecs are the 3rd Civilization
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
Angel Walker
Skirmisher
(id: Just a player)
posted 07-30-06 00:32 AM EDT (US)         
Hey all. I'm bored so I decided to post why I think that Aztecs are the 3rd Civilization. So those are the reasons:

1. We know it has to be either Maya, Aztecs or Incas. It can't be another North American civilization, it needs a different art and needs to take a different role than the other natives. So its pretty much obvious its one of the three.

2. Mayas: These guys can probably be eliminated. At a more realistic note their empire felt even before Spain had arrived on the New World, so Aztecs/Incas would be a more viable choice. Though what makes me feel that it isn't them is the last patch... In this patch, Maya natives just got nerfed. Why would ES nerf something that they would need to remove for the X-pack? Were the Iriquois, the worst native, boosted?

3. Incas: Although there are good points about those guys, I have a good reason to believe it isn't them. The Andes map was announced and as far as I know it will have natives, since ES confirmed Patagonia will still be unique. What other natives can you put there besides Incas? I'm sure you would get a few unknown ones, but its highly unlikely.

4. Aztecs: What makes me think that those guys are getting included? Simple... there is all that Sandy history where he said that they are getting removed in the X-pack as minor natives. And, what is better, he edited his post a few days later... why would he do that?

Though those aren't 100% sure reasons they mean something. Everything seems to point to the Aztecs... any comments?

ESO - Walker

>> Napoleonic Era --> Visit their Homepage!
"Holy *****" > Thunder (Ensemble Studios)

Retired from AoE3. But I do play AoK HD in Steam now and then.
AuthorReplies:
KaSt0R
Skirmisher
posted 07-30-06 03:18 PM EDT (US)     26 / 60       
No! Aztecs and Incas are too similar!
Sioux - Iroquois - Aztecs/Incas are more different than Iroquois/Sioux - Aztecs - Incas
Cy Marlayne
Skirmisher
posted 07-30-06 04:28 PM EDT (US)     27 / 60       
I agree, but Aztecs + Incas + Sioux + Iroquois would make me smile big.

₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪
Welcome to Life, your vacation from nothing.
zlad
Skirmisher
posted 07-30-06 04:40 PM EDT (US)     28 / 60       
^word .
Smertios
Skirmisher
posted 07-30-06 05:26 PM EDT (US)     29 / 60       

Quote:

Yeah, that was one stupid mistake.

Well, in fact, Egypt is part of the Middle East, so you can also count Africa. and, according to the US government, the Modern Middle East is bigger than the older one. It would cover all north africa, the original middle east, pakistan, afeganistan and all other -stans plus the european part of turkey.

So, yea , the middle east can be found in Europe (although they prefer the term Greater Middle East for it)....

w/e
-______________________-----------__________---------_______
And I don't think the "Aztecs are also from north america" factor can't be counted anymore. ES already proved that they are not interested in knowing the current regional divisions for our continents in the game. And, if that was like that, there would have to be at least 10 different new civs. We can count the Arctic America, the Northern America, Aridoamerica, Mesoamerica, andean america, the amazon, etc etc...

Although I still believe Incas are going to get the spot, I think we need new hints, because, right now, the Aztec are winning...

Please give your opinion about my new idea for an Age game:

Age of Empires X: The Age of Wars

BerserkStealther
Skirmisher
posted 07-30-06 05:32 PM EDT (US)     30 / 60       
Just a little something I noticed about the lineup of new civs.

For the Iroquois, you have an obvious emphasis on seige and defense judging by the fact that they have light cannons, mantlets, and battering rams.The Sioux have only mounted grens and a seige dance. Many reviews also charictarize them as being a booming and defense civ.

For the Sioux, you have an obvious emphasis on cav and raiding because they have six different types of cav and only two foot soldiers. Since they no not have a need for housing and their War Chief enhances speed, they are also obviously a rush and raid type civ.

So far, you have siege and cav as different emphases in the two revealed civs.With the three types of army unit (not including boats) that leaves one spot empty. Judging by process of elimination, I think that the new civ will be infantry and attack oriented. Historically, the Aztecs were just that, so it would make sense for the Aztecs to fill that third gap.

Just my thoughts, even though I love the idea of an Incan Civ.

Whisky Tango Foxtrot!?

[This message has been edited by BerserkStealther (edited 07-30-2006 @ 05:34 PM).]

Cheruscan
Skirmisher
posted 07-30-06 06:20 PM EDT (US)     31 / 60       
Using the logic about the the Campaign moving west with the Black Family decendants could lead one to believe the Apache are the 3rd Civ.After all the Apache under Geronimo held out untill the 1890's and there were still bands of renegades in 1900.

They were among the last Native American warriors to surrender.

The Apache/Navaho/Pueblo/Zuni tribes of the South West and Northern Mexico.

They also were a large confederation of several tribes making them a legitimate candidate for the 3rd Civ.

I know I may be the only one who thinks the 3rd Civ could be the Apache but read more about them here.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apache_Tribe

"The Apachean tribes were powerful, constantly at enmity with the whites. The final surrender of an Apachean tribe took place in 1886, when the Chiricahuas, the division involved, were deported to Florida and Alabama, where they underwent military imprisonment. The U.S. Army, in their various confrontations, found them to be fierce warriors and skillful strategists".

"The Greatest pleasure is to vanquish your enemies and chase them before you,to rob them of their wealth and see those dear to them bathed in tears,to ride their horses and clasp to your bosom their wives and daughters"...Ghengis Khan

Yamato Take
Prince of Tennis
posted 07-30-06 06:31 PM EDT (US)     32 / 60       
The real only way I think the Apache would be in the X-pack is if they would've replaced the Souix, but the Cheyenne are replacing the Souix.

Cosmopolitan? Check.
Cancer of the Head
Skirmisher
(id: say1988)
posted 07-30-06 07:22 PM EDT (US)     33 / 60       
This entire discussion is pointless as you are all wrong about the third Act leading to the third civ, unless there is none......

Quoted from Ask Sandy:

7) Can you elaborate on the campaign?
A It takes place in two acts.

Novoa20
Skirmisher
posted 07-31-06 09:26 AM EDT (US)     34 / 60       

Quote:

And I don't think the "Aztecs are also from north america" factor can't be counted anymore. ES already proved that they are not interested in knowing the current regional divisions for our continents in the game.

The point is that we're not talking about regions.

There are 2 continents, South America and North America. So far N.America has 2 civilizations representing how they are going to "fight back" the invaders, so now it takes for a S.American civ. to also appear and "fight back."

It's not as if there was none in S.America that could appear to fight back (In that case discussion would be pointless).

Quote:

Judging by process of elimination, I think that the new civ will be infantry and attack oriented.

Which is also what the Incas are.

I really don't understand why it is that some of you like to take what you don't know as a way to validate your point...

Quote:

The Andes map was announced and as far as I know it will have natives, since ES confirmed Patagonia will still be unique. What other natives can you put there besides Incas? I'm sure you would get a few unknown ones, but its highly unlikely.

This is another example of using what you don't know to validate a point. The Incas were the most important in the area because they were the ones that conquered and united the tribes, but that doesn't mean that the Incas wiped out all of the tribes (Which also in that case discussion would be pointless, but that's not true since other Andean tribes still reside there even today).

And if you are going to take the point that the Andes without Incas isn't the same thing, then I can also take in that Mexican maps without the Aztecs just isn't the same thing either.

Quote:

Although I still believe Incas are going to get the spot, I think we need new hints, because, right now, the Aztec are winning...

The Aztecs aren't winning anything. The evidence being given is still pointing to either civilization.

Quote:

The real only way I think the Apache would be in the X-pack is if they would've replaced the Souix, but the Cheyenne are replacing the Souix.

I think the Apache would be a nice addition to the game. Along with the Taino....

Yamato Take
Prince of Tennis
posted 07-31-06 10:00 AM EDT (US)     35 / 60       

Quote:

The Andes map was announced and as far as I know it will have natives, since ES confirmed Patagonia will still be unique. What other natives can you put there besides Incas? I'm sure you would get a few unknown ones, but its highly unlikely.

This was shown way back by this new minor tribe.

http://media.pc.ign.com/media/815/815862/img_3438658.html

Cosmopolitan? Check.
AFF92
Skirmisher
posted 07-31-06 12:59 PM EDT (US)     36 / 60       
Have any of you thought to the possibility that maybe the Aztecs were taken out of the game because of the TIME PERIOD? The Aztecs were destroyed in the 1500's, and the campeign goes ALL the way to the late 1800's.

So, would it not make sense to put in tribes that existed around that time frame? The Comanche, Apache, and Pueblo would all be good minor tribes to scatter throughout the desert regions of the U.S. and Mexico.

Novoa20
Skirmisher
posted 07-31-06 01:07 PM EDT (US)     37 / 60       
Well, I think it would be unecessary to remove a tribe in the X-pack (Expansion is to expand, not to make smaller).
Cancer of the Head
Skirmisher
(id: say1988)
posted 07-31-06 03:53 PM EDT (US)     38 / 60       
There would be no reason to arbitrarily remove a tribe, as it was present during the time period of the game. So what if it wasn't in the time period of the campaign in the expansion.

The only reason removeing content would be if they are doing something else with it (like removing Iroquois and Lakota to make them civs)...

Yamato Take
Prince of Tennis
posted 07-31-06 06:40 PM EDT (US)     39 / 60       

Quote:

Have any of you thought to the possibility that maybe the Aztecs were taken out of the game because of the TIME PERIOD?

I don't see how that could affect eihter the Inca or Aztec considering the game time starts at 1492. ES also said thet they are using a civilization from earlier in the games timeframe, as Suoix were more powerful late in the game's timeframe, and Iroquois were powerful in the middle area of the game's timeframe.

Cosmopolitan? Check.
lachlan
Skirmisher
posted 07-31-06 10:53 PM EDT (US)     40 / 60       
ES hasn't ever shown a great deal of worry for maintaining the integrity of the timeline and the chances that the Aztecs would be removed when they are extremely popular is slim to none. They will be there in some fashion.
Cy Marlayne
Skirmisher
posted 08-01-06 00:35 AM EDT (US)     41 / 60       

Quote:

Have any of you thought to the possibility that maybe the Aztecs were taken out of the game because of the TIME PERIOD?

Then they would never have added the Mayans in the first place.

TOO_Saruman
Skirmisher
posted 08-01-06 03:42 AM EDT (US)     42 / 60       
As Walker said, its obviously the Aztecs. They just seem more..........Age Of Empires 3 ish than the Incans or Mayans......more Empire Like. I dont know why, I just know its them!

ESO: empirejoao3
Clan:Proud
"You know the world is going crazy when the best golfer in the world is black, the best rapper is white, and the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese" LOL!!!
Dieneces
Skirmisher
posted 08-01-06 03:58 AM EDT (US)     43 / 60       
More empire-like than the Incas?

... okay, whatever turns you on.

By the way, most of the civilizations in the AOE games haven't even been 'empires' so I don't think that's a factor.

"You cannot discover an inhabited land. Otherwise I could cross the Atlantic and 'discover' England."
- Dekhatkadons, Onondaga Iroquois chief.
Cy Marlayne
Skirmisher
posted 08-01-06 07:00 AM EDT (US)     44 / 60       

Quote:

As Walker said, its obviously the Aztecs. They just seem more..........Age Of Empires 3 ish than the Incans or Mayans......more Empire Like. I dont know why, I just know its them!

More Empire-ish? Uh... do you realize that the Incas were the most technologically advanced natives in all of the Americas and that they went about their diplomacy more comparitive to the Romans? The Aztecs were more of a radical, power-lusting empire that spent its days warring and terrifying its neighbors in order to maintain power. The Incas did not always use war to achieve power in their empire.

Krazy_Karl
Skirmisher
posted 08-01-06 09:43 AM EDT (US)     45 / 60       
I would hate for the Incans to become the third civ, the Aztecs were one of my favourite civs in AoE2:TC and to have them in AoE3 would be awesome.

im in ur base

steelin ur crates
Smertios
Skirmisher
posted 08-01-06 11:28 AM EDT (US)     46 / 60       
I think I prefer the incas, but either one is good for me...

Please give your opinion about my new idea for an Age game:

Age of Empires X: The Age of Wars

nta3329
Skirmisher
posted 08-01-06 11:34 AM EDT (US)     47 / 60       
the aztecs already got a chance in aoc now its time of the incas

PERU////////PERU PERU////////PERU PERU////////PERU
THE WONDERFULL COUNTRY
MACHUPICCHU////// MACHUPICCHU ///// MACHUPICCHU
visit
http://travel.peru.com/travel/english/
Novoa20
Skirmisher
posted 08-01-06 01:01 PM EDT (US)     48 / 60       

Quote:

They just seem more..........Age Of Empires 3 ish than the Incans or Mayans......more Empire Like.

This statement made me laugh.

Killa4life
Skirmisher
posted 08-01-06 05:57 PM EDT (US)     49 / 60       
Well, Aztecs are more agressive and thatfor seem to fit better lol.

Incans werent a really agressive civ and they would be something like boomers.

But maybe ES thought there were already enuff boomers lol and wanted the natives to be rush friendly civs?

I'd like both civs, Incans wud make more sense since they lasted longer and had a bigger empire but having strong infantery aztec units wud also be great

lachlan
Skirmisher
posted 08-01-06 11:21 PM EDT (US)     50 / 60       
In a perfect world they both would have been there. Its really too bad because four would have been the perfect number.
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames