You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.61 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Is there a civ you refuse to play with?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Is there a civ you refuse to play with?
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
Y3AH
Skirmisher
posted 10-16-06 01:30 AM EDT (US)         
Well, if there is a civ you'd rather not play with.. please say which one and why.

For me, this would be the Ottomans. I think the fact that you don't need to que vills makes them too easy and noob-friendly to play with. All you really ever need is a 50/50 ratio of Jans and Abus, throw some spahi into the mix and then all you'll ever need is good micro. I have much respect for those who are innovative with the turks. but this is just how I feel (eventhough they aren't anywhere near being the strongest civ)..

Back when I first started playing Aoe3 I immediately went for Ottomans, of course I would.. I am a turk myself (/me looks with pride into the mirror)- But, I soon discovered (when I changed to Dutch) that it really didn't enhance my skills.

Well, I used to be 1900/2000 on Elo but.. I haven't played Aoe3 since March and what do I know.. things might have changed and I'd like to know what has actually changed. The funniest thing I've thusfar read is that Brits and Russians are OP atm and Germans UP.

A little reminder: Please do not flame one another, as it's really just a matter of opinion. Thank you.

[This message has been edited by Y3AH (edited 10-16-2006 @ 01:32 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
George_uk
Skirmisher
posted 10-17-06 04:32 PM EDT (US)     51 / 61       
GERMANS! I just find them incredibly boring to play.

Previously known as MoNo Ager
ThEOldCoW
Skirmisher
posted 10-17-06 05:59 PM EDT (US)     52 / 61       
My favorite civs in order are

1. russia
2. ottoman
3. dutch

thoose are the only 3 i could say that i played long enough to know all abou them

i love the fact of the cheap russian units you get in the late game. with iperial orpichnics you could say GG.

here are my reasons for playing theese civs

Russia- cheap units crosacks 1 pop, cheap units and i have secreats i wont tell

ottoman- clearly the free viliger thing the the uniquenes of the overall civ.

dutch- the first civ i played with and i really mastered them good if i got 30 mins in a game then it was GG but i lost my touch with them and went to ottoman then russian now..

___

along the time i tried other civs and this one was the only one that i would play if it wasent the ottoman dutch or russian

1. german

THE ONE i never even tried to play with was
1. ports

and the ones i hate are
1.spain
2.france
3.england

for some reason i just got compleatly lost playng them

france was to easy
england was to easy by the units
and spain was to weak and confusing

DeadlyRifle
Skirmisher
posted 10-17-06 07:18 PM EDT (US)     53 / 61       
I will totally not play the Aztecs, becasue they have no guns unless you get mercs

May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't.
- General George Patton Jr
ALAMO23
Skirmisher
posted 10-17-06 07:23 PM EDT (US)     54 / 61       
the Russians a kinda crazy but fun to go against
thier strelets keep coming out of thier Blockhouses
Y3AH
Skirmisher
posted 10-18-06 00:18 AM EDT (US)     55 / 61       

Quoted from Wabitkiller:

Y3AH, I'm sure you've already tried all of the above, but:

1. Make sure that all of your device drivers are up to date and current, especially the video and sound drivers.

Hmm, I am sure I've heard of that one before.. But I wasn't sure how to see/check whether device drivers were up to date.. I think that when I first moved out of house I had problems with my video driver (an error always occured) so this might be it. Do you (or anyone else) have an idea about how I can check it out?

ALAMO23
Skirmisher
posted 10-18-06 00:59 AM EDT (US)     56 / 61       
The Germans also i dont feel like playing becuz there boost as Uhlans Bonus
I dont like!!!!!!

[This message has been edited by ALAMO23 (edited 10-18-2006 @ 01:01 AM).]

Rec_room
Skirmisher
posted 10-18-06 02:32 AM EDT (US)     57 / 61       
I refuse to play as ottomans simply out of moral outrage. 90% of ottoman players I end up matched with quite immediately if I'm using Russians and also quite immediately on any map that even remotely discourages there precious ottoman rush. If I'm not using Russians or playing on such a map I can be sure that they are going to use the only strategy I've ever seen used with the ottomans. And that is there stupid rush. It is because of these honorless ottoman players that simply because of my lack of respect for ottoman players. (Which make up at least 60% of all 3rd tier captain level 1vs1 quick matches.) That I refuse to even create an ottoman home city.

[This message has been edited by Rec_room (edited 10-18-2006 @ 02:33 AM).]

Turk Janissary
Skirmisher
posted 10-18-06 07:20 AM EDT (US)     58 / 61       
there is no civ that i refuse to play with however iroquois and sioux are not in my preferences list

WHAT THE BLOODY BLOODY BLOODY BLOODY BLOODY BLOODY BLOODY BLOODY HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT I am no Turk i am Portuguese ..... I just like to play Turk
And the 50 thousand Janissarys came upon the byzantine walls Constantinople and the byzantine empire were about to end..
Ender_Ward
Skirmisher
posted 10-18-06 01:46 PM EDT (US)     59 / 61       
Y3AH, go to:

Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> System. Now under the "general" tab, under "system", what version of windows does it say?

Now, have you EVER been to ESO before? Or did the problem suddenly occur and you couldn't get there anymore?

To check for device drivers being up to date, you would unfortunately have to look up (in system -> hardware -> device manager) the driver versions for your most important devices, that being video card and sound card. Or if you don't feel comfortable with that, just download the latest versions from the manufacturer and install those.

"One wants to be loved, failing that admired, failing that feared, failing that hated and despised. One wants to instill in other people some form of emotion. The soul shudders before emptiness and wants contact, no matter the cost."
Wabbitkiller
Skirmisher
posted 10-19-06 03:13 PM EDT (US)     60 / 61       
I was going to say pretty much what Ender Ward already said. You'll need to figure out who made the device, then you can go download the latest driver from the manufacturer's website.

One of my computers used to lock up when I tried to do multiplayer, and installing the newest video driver fixed the problem.

Grankl
Skirmisher
posted 10-20-06 10:44 AM EDT (US)     61 / 61       
For me its the other way round! :P I can never play the two civs which i like most because i just... don't... understand how to use them... Ottomans appeal to me most because I've always like Arabian culture (Arabian Knights, Prince of Persia Sinbad the sailor, etc) and, being of Czech descent, I would naturally like to play as the Germans... However coming to grips with the Ottomans and the Germans just seems so hard for several reasons

The ottoman villager spawning confuses me so much that every time i play them i screw up my economy and result with enough $$$ for about 5 janissaries after 20 minutes

The German military takes ages to build up because all their units are gold heavy, and gold is always the resource i have the most trouble aquiring... Free Uhlans are nice though

Also both Otto's and Germans rely upon small but powerful population-heavy armies... I prefer to use swarms of poorer units to handfuls of superior ones, which coupled with my troubles with gold make Russia the civ for me

« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames