You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.84 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Upcoming TWC Patch - Spain nerfed!!1111!!!11
Bottom
Topic Subject:Upcoming TWC Patch - Spain nerfed!!1111!!!11
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 4  Next Page »
Angel Walker
Skirmisher
(id: Just a player)
posted 11-07-06 01:22 PM EDT (US)         
Ok, not really

Quote:

CLIENT FIXES

* Bonus from the Agents card reduced from +200% hitpoints to +50%.
* The 8 Spy home city cards for the British and Portuguese moved to the third age from the second age. If you have this card in your deck, the card will be moved to the third age in your deck as well.
* Cards that reduce the wood cost of buildings changed to prevent building cost from being zero or negative.
* Wallenstein contract now affects the new WarChiefs mercenary units.
* Queued shipments from your home city are now removed properly during revolution.
* British team animal fattening cards now work as described.
* Reduced longbow ranged attack by 2 and hand attack by 1.
* Fixed a possible exploit with shipments from team cards.
* Fixed several new cards that did not have a shipment cost.

NETWORK AND ESO FIXES

* Fixed a bug with stats uploading
* Fixed an issue that caused some users to be stuck on the “Connecting to ESO…” dialog box.
* Statistics window rendering fixes.

Here is the Link (for german noobs only!)

Thanks to Kastor for posting the news and warning me by MSN, so I could post it first. Now I'll read what it says

ESO - Walker

>> Napoleonic Era --> Visit their Homepage!
"Holy *****" > Thunder (Ensemble Studios)

Retired from AoE3. But I do play AoK HD in Steam now and then.

[This message has been edited by Just a player (edited 11-07-2006 @ 01:41 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
poita
Skirmisher
posted 11-07-06 01:30 PM EDT (US)     1 / 84       
Excellent news there Walker (Thanks Kastor too )

Quote:

The 8 Spy home city cards for the British and Portuguese moved to the third age from the second age. If you have this card in your deck, the card will be moved to the third age in your deck as well.

Wow, they said they wouldn't move cards between ages. To be honest, this didn't really need changing. 8 spies in age 2 isn't OP if agents are crap.

LB nerf is good, although a cetan nerf would be nice too.

Still no Spain nerf. I guess there's always next patch ...

Good news nonetheless. I guess it'll be some time yet before we figure out what REALLY needs nerfing/boosting yet. It's a bit too early still to decide on what's OP or UP.

- - ESO Name: poita - -
- - ELO Rating: 2120 - -
- - Civ: Russia + Dutch - -
My Aztec Unit Guide (Updated!)
MNBob
Skirmisher
posted 11-07-06 01:32 PM EDT (US)     2 / 84       

Quote:

The 8 Spy home city cards for the British and Portuguese moved to the third age from the second age. If you have this card in your deck, the card will be moved to the third age in your deck as well.

This pisses me off so much. They have told us all along that they won't move cards and now they are doing it. Moving cards would REALLY, REALLY, REALLY help make Portugal a more viable civ. Yet this change makes them worse. Sandy said every civ received more military shipment cards in age 2. While barely true, this will make it untrue for Brits and Ports. They should just remove Ports from the game.

Quote:

Fixed several new cards that did not have a shipment cost.

That fixes the jaguar card.

Abus Guns and Grenadiers ARE NOT ARTILLERY!
MNBob's AOE Page
James Lock
Skirmisher
posted 11-07-06 01:33 PM EDT (US)     3 / 84       
Yes, nerf the cetan, they can't be better than the blue blood brits longbows

Thanks to all those that signed the petition to get me unbanned here.
And special thanks to smashnbash for making it.
TarsTarkas
Skirmisher
posted 11-07-06 01:38 PM EDT (US)     4 / 84       

Quoted from Just a player:

Spain nerfed!!1111!!!11'

Toying with our expectations...

What if someone has a deck with the 8 Agent card and a full Age 3 tier? will they just remove the card? unmake the deck? what if that is the person's only deck? The only way I can see this really working is if they gave each tier a +1 card limit, but it doesnt look like they are doing that.

Now if only they would move White Fleet and Banderiantos to age 2 and Donatarios to age 3, and fix Bestieros I'd be happy.

Also, does anyone else think that reducing the Agent HP bonus by 150% is a bit of an over-nerf?

" Studies have shown that people who say "Gameplay>Realism" are less likely to find girlfriends or lead a successful, rational life in the real world.

To see these studies for yourself, please click here."

~ Cy Marlayne

somme
Skirmisher
posted 11-07-06 01:39 PM EDT (US)     5 / 84       
WTF @ no Spain nerf! -_-

Everything else is good as far as I can see. Will need another patch to tone down some other slight imbalances.

ESO : Pcfreak8
"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is." -Jan L. A. van de Snepscheu
A pessimist is usually right and never disappointed.
Any history buff knows that nothing stops a cannon like a good uppercut. - BeatnikJoe
Angel Walker
Skirmisher
posted 11-07-06 01:40 PM EDT (US)     6 / 84       

Quote:

That fixes the jaguar card.

Oh yeah, true

Quote:

This pisses me off so much. They have told us all along that they won't move cards and now they are doing it. Moving cards would REALLY, REALLY, REALLY help make Portugal a more viable civ. Yet this change makes them worse. Sandy said every civ received more military shipment cards in age 2. While barely true, this will make it untrue for Brits and Ports. They should just remove Ports from the game.

Keep in mind they haven't done it for balance reasons, but rather because it is a bug. Also, Britain and Portugal got the 5 Spies card, just like most (all?) Europeans.

ESO - Walker

Alexastor
AoEO Seraph
(id: Kastor)
posted 11-07-06 01:41 PM EDT (US)     7 / 84       
They CAN move cards from age to age but NOT from civ to civ or delete, remove or what ever do with them.
Unthinking_Pain
Skirmisher
posted 11-07-06 01:43 PM EDT (US)     8 / 84       

Quote:

They have told us all along that they won't move cards and now they are doing it.

While I won't argue against Port needing some help, 8 Spies @ 125 gold apiece is a 1200 resource shipment... in Colonial.

It's obvious it should have been a Fortress age shipment and ES hosed it.

MNBob
Skirmisher
posted 11-07-06 01:44 PM EDT (US)     9 / 84       
Kastor: I know that they COULD move them. But ES had repeatedly said that they would never move cards between ages because it breaks decks.

I suppose I should be happy that they have now created a system for moving the cards (and updating decks). Maybe now it will be possible to fix some of the poorly placed cards.

MNBob's AOE Page
Alexastor
AoEO Seraph
(id: Kastor)
posted 11-07-06 01:45 PM EDT (US)     10 / 84       
Oh yeah sure didn't think about decks
TarsTarkas
Skirmisher
posted 11-07-06 01:47 PM EDT (US)     11 / 84       
That 8 spy card is now kinda useless... if you can get into Fortress with Portugal, then you will have way better things to send.

" Studies have shown that people who say "Gameplay>Realism" are less likely to find girlfriends or lead a successful, rational life in the real world.

~ Cy Marlayne

MNBob
Skirmisher
posted 11-07-06 01:49 PM EDT (US)     12 / 84       

Quote:

While I won't argue against Port needing some help, 8 Spies @ 125 gold apiece is a 1200 resource shipment... in Colonial.

Yes, I understand that. But that wasn't the point I was trying to make.

Patch 1.08 of AOE3 made the colonial age more important. TWC has made the colonial age even more important. Thus the game favors civs that are decent in colonial. Most european civ changes in TWC did nothing to improve the colonial age. Thus the weak colonial age civs are even weaker.

Hopefully, we'll see some other changes to improve civs like Ports and Germans.

MNBob's AOE Page
MNBob
Skirmisher
posted 11-07-06 01:51 PM EDT (US)     13 / 84       
And if nothing is done, I'll happily stop complaining if ES will let me move all of the XP I wasted on Portugal into another civ.

MNBob's AOE Page
Raen Ryong
Skirmisher
posted 11-07-06 02:04 PM EDT (US)     14 / 84       
They've suddenly decided to nerf Longbows after how long... seems kinda strange they'd decide to nerf Longbows yet ignore Cetan Bows. What could've suddenly given them the bright idea that Longbows were too strong?

Spain still needs a nerf.
Ports still need a boost.
Germans still need a small boost (not too much, they still have debately the most powerful Fortress Age).

Oh well, at least the Agent lamers will be stopped.

Raen Ryong, Skyrunner of Dragonia...
The Sacred Skies, Seven Suns, and Sovereign protect all...
Feel the wrath of the skies...

ESO: Raen_Ryong; leader of Clan Skyrunner [Skyrn]

Kemical_Breez
Banned
posted 11-07-06 02:06 PM EDT (US)     15 / 84       
Ok, now what civ will be most popular now that British lamers cant use the precious LB's? Nothing happens to russia with streltts?
TarsTarkas
Skirmisher
posted 11-07-06 02:13 PM EDT (US)     16 / 84       
Longbows are still very useable, and they will continue to be massed by just about every british player.

~ Cy Marlayne

MockHamill
Skirmisher
posted 11-07-06 02:14 PM EDT (US)     17 / 84       
I dont like this patch.
1. Agents are overnerfed. I would have left it at about 75-100% instead.
2. Cetan bows are extremly OP. Longbows are not.
3. Spain needs to nerfed.
4. Germans needs a boost.
AuxiliA MieS
Skirmisher
posted 11-07-06 02:15 PM EDT (US)     18 / 84       
I like this patch. People whi complain about agent nerf are propably agent lamers themselves :d.

Nothing needs to happen to strelets. They are crap already. a strelet rush can be defeated with coureurs.

And ES PLEASE don`t nerf cetans in the future!

M3 15 ur l0rd 4and m45t3r. Y0us4 g0tt4 d0 wh4t 1 t3ll y3r.

[This message has been edited by AuxiliA MieS (edited 11-07-2006 @ 02:17 PM).]

TarsTarkas
Skirmisher
posted 11-07-06 02:16 PM EDT (US)     19 / 84       
So what happens, if with Land Grab, Advanced mill, and the Cree tech, your mills should technically cost negative wood or 0? Does the last tech just not affect them?

~ Cy Marlayne

Angel Walker
Skirmisher
posted 11-07-06 02:16 PM EDT (US)     20 / 84       

Quote:

Ok, now what civ will be most popular now that British lamers cant use the precious LB's? Nothing happens to russia with streltts?

Russian Strelets and Musketeer train slower, and their batch of 3 Settlers take extra 5 secs. That came with the Xpack itself.

Quote:

I dont like this patch.
2. Cetan bows are extremly OP. Longbows are not.
3. Spain needs to nerfed.
4. Germans needs a boost.

ES haven't nerfed Cbows because they are playing for less than a month. They probably didn't want to mess with civ balance in the first patch eiter, although I agree both civs need a tweak.

ESO - Walker

MNBob
Skirmisher
posted 11-07-06 02:16 PM EDT (US)     21 / 84       
*Deep Breath* As someone who suggested that they release a quick bug fix patch without balance changes, I should be happy if they don't try to add too many balance changes. I should also realize that a fix to agents will be a temporary nerf to the civ I have the most XP invested in (Port) and not over-react. After all, Agents definitely needed a nerf.

MNBob's AOE Page
FriedPegasus
Skirmisher
posted 11-07-06 02:21 PM EDT (US)     22 / 84       
In the past some of the early reports on patches have not included all of the changes that came in the patch.
Thunder
VIP BonusXP
posted 11-07-06 02:29 PM EDT (US)     23 / 84       
That's the entire list of changes for WarChiefs patch 1.01.
Angel Walker
Skirmisher
posted 11-07-06 02:31 PM EDT (US)     24 / 84       
Woah Thunder! We've missed you!

ESO - Walker

Kemical_Breez
Banned
posted 11-07-06 02:31 PM EDT (US)     25 / 84       
Next question, whens the patch update?
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 4  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames