You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.48 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Well, I just dusted off my old Russian city..
Bottom
Topic Subject:Well, I just dusted off my old Russian city..
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
somme
Skirmisher
posted 12-09-06 06:15 PM EDT (US)         
And... They are so damn slow now. Everything about them is slower. Can they even compete any more? 17 vil age is now at like 5:20... Makes me sad :'(

ESO : Pcfreak8
"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is." -Jan L. A. van de Snepscheu
A pessimist is usually right and never disappointed.
Any history buff knows that nothing stops a cannon like a good uppercut. - BeatnikJoe
AuthorReplies:
GreatViet
Skirmisher
posted 12-14-06 00:49 AM EDT (US)     26 / 48       
goon + cassi huh , u have arrow knight + eagle runner , eagle runner make me image of sumthing ugly :P. in this case u say late game. so i assume it's age IV, wen u get ur 20 range goon ^^. i also have eagle runner 18 range of my side ^( and take 1 pop) since late game aztec has way better eco than port.( even port has 2 factory, aztec can use that 2 shipments to improve their whole eco by 35%, if u account 20% more wen he pick politican age up that will be 55% :P ,now come to arrow knight , in IV u can get these guys up to 15 attack at 30 range. with 40% range resist and goon. cassi has no bonus vs em, u think goon+ cassi stand a chance ? ^^ cassi has 4 ROF, arrow knight has 1.5, if u account in 47% attack boost from the firepit. it's gg . i think if u play treaty XD no one beat the aztec, urber noble hut, war hut with range 30, war hut 5k+ hp, 70 attack, noble hut 6.7k hp, 100 attack. even oprichniks have to run for their money wen rush in these. hmm didnt i say anything about building hp dance ? these huts will get up to 25k + hp :P. oh fine . let's all play aztec in treaty ^
SahintheFalcon
Skirmisher
posted 12-14-06 00:54 AM EDT (US)     27 / 48       
nope, you cannot beat aztec late game with otto. His skull knights will own your janissaries. Heck, it takes 2 hits for a GB to kill a skull knight. You are simply not going to have enough population strength to build abus guns, jans and GB. The best you could do is 40 jans + 22 abus guns + 2 GB. Do you seriously think that your army could hold off 30 skull knights, 20 jags, and 10 arrow knights?
TheRomans
Skirmisher
posted 12-14-06 01:58 AM EDT (US)     28 / 48       
Abus guns at range own all aztec units but coyotes FAST. When facing aztec, why make bombards? They are just arrow knight fodder. Are you aware that CIR Guard abus guns do 120 damage to skull knights and jaguar knights, and 60 damage to eagle runner knights and arrow knights? They own that combo. If you try to build nothing but abus, you deserve to lose. If you put up a 50 jan meat shield and make 25 abus. I dare the aztec to counter that combo with 30 skull knights 20 jaguars and 10 arrows.

I don't think great vet realizes how pop consuming arrow knights are and how much they suck against everything but artillery and ships. What good will 10-40 arrow knights do when not fighting artillery? 15 damage late game is nothing when you are fighting units with 30%-60% ranged resistancy. Cassadores also own eagle runner knights because they counter them. I have about 15-20 dragoons depending on how many coyotes I see, and the rest are cassadores. Cassadores own jaguars, eagles, and arrow knights cost effectively. And if you are an idiot and only spam arrow knights, I'll have hussars in your face to kill them all very fast.

If nothing else, build 70 muskets and 30 cassadores and you are untouchable by any aztec army.

+----------+
| PLEASE |
| DO NOT |
| FEED THE |
| TROLLS |
+----------+
Brtnboarder495
Skirmisher
posted 12-14-06 07:24 AM EDT (US)     29 / 48       
Yea massed infantry>Aztecs.

Gameranger: _NiGhThAwK_
Adam42
Skirmisher
posted 12-14-06 12:01 PM EDT (US)     30 / 48       

Quote:

Oh cool! I hope you feel real great about yourself now larky. You have that much time and energy to go through that trouble to make yourself look superior? I figured the player was too good for that low rating <_<, some nub basher you are.

Hey, I haven't had a lot of time where I could be playing since the game's release so that's one of the reasons I haven't bought it.. I go on that account to play whenever I have the time. And I wasn't trying to make myself seem superior (I'm not insecure enough to care about who other people think I'm better than). I just thought it was funny that you couldn't accept defeat, and came up with a load of BS about russia being overpowered.

If it makes you feel better though, I had no sound (speakers broken) and a 20/25 card deck in that game.

But what seph said is correct, russia has very weak early siege, doing an FF vs them is very easy... and about map control, the game was 17 minutes long. You expect to get all the hunt you want for 17 minutes, when you're boxed up? That's not possible on ANY map without berries.

pwk11
Skirmisher
posted 12-14-06 01:00 PM EDT (US)     31 / 48       
You can do what a few russians are doing to me theses days.Make constant stretlets til u hit 150+Possibly going to industrial for guard musks}. this leaves your opponent no choice but to build counters for them. Then turn them all into muskets with a card, which counters your counters, and attack. I can see the french card for crossbows to skirms,LI to LI. But LI to HI seems just plain cruel.Paul

[This message has been edited by pwk11 (edited 12-14-2006 @ 01:10 PM).]

Adam42
Skirmisher
posted 12-14-06 03:06 PM EDT (US)     32 / 48       
A variation of that strat is quite effective, but if he's not in colonial and makes falcs you're in trouble.
Brtnboarder495
Skirmisher
posted 12-15-06 10:26 PM EDT (US)     33 / 48       

Quote:

Hey, I haven't had a lot of time where I could be playing since the game's release so that's one of the reasons I haven't bought it.. I go on that account to play whenever I have the time. And I wasn't trying to make myself seem superior (I'm not insecure enough to care about who other people think I'm better than). I just thought it was funny that you couldn't accept defeat, and came up with a load of BS about russia being overpowered.
If it makes you feel better though, I had no sound (speakers broken) and a 20/25 card deck in that game.

First off, your playing over your clan mates house? If you owned the game you'd obviously being playing it at your own I'd guess. And accept defeat? Well seeing as I lost and "you" won ... yeah. Let's see, France is a civ I play on the side, you play Russia as a main civ (besides Spain) and your skill level is significantly better than mine. The extra cards in decks come into play later game where you can actually utilize the variety. A russian rush requires pretty basic cards and it wouldn't have helped you at all if you had any more cards. The extra cards in general make it more difficult to read your opponent's strategy via deck reading, but it really doesn't offer you that much more flexibility since most decks only vary slightly usually depending on different maps.

Quote:

But what seph said is correct, russia has very weak early siege, doing an FF vs them is very easy... and about map control, the game was 17 minutes long. You expect to get all the hunt you want for 17 minutes, when you're boxed up? That's not possible on ANY map without berries.

Who needs to siege when you can keep your enemy contained? You already have an economical bonus, by keeping your enemy off hunts your bound to gain the lead eventually unless you play wrong. I understand Russia is surely not OP (or as OP) as they were in vanilla, but strelets are still very strong. They recieved NO nerf, besides the added training time which as I've already stated hardly affects anything since one cannot pump out strelets and villager constantly until they have a 29 villager economy, at the earliest assuming a perfect economy.

Yukon has few hunts nearby and MANY in the middle of the map, so map control is going to take control. Not to mention, unlike most maps, there are no berries or herdables, and even wood is hard to come by near your TC vicinity.

Again, even if it was another map, I'm sure you would have still won seeing as you have more experience with your civ and because you are more skilled. However, it is perfectly fair to say that some maps heavily favor certain civs, and Russia certainly benefits from Yukon.

TheRomans
Skirmisher
posted 12-16-06 00:54 AM EDT (US)     34 / 48       
Russia may be weaker early game, but their late game def got boosted. If you send national redoubt, sevtapol(sp?), and the 2nd fort card, you can spam 3 forts in about 2 seconds with 8 musketeers per fort. Right now in treaty, players call russian fort spamming, fort hopping. The strat is very strong and with dance halls+fencing school+dueling school you get very fast ronin which kills any threating late game gendarmes. Right now Russia is the 2nd strongest treaty civ only behind france because of oprichnik raiding and fort hopping. Some say that russia in treaty is more OP than France. Just goes to show you how imbalanced treaty really is.

The owning treaty russian strat is to make 10-25 muskets then spam oprichniks. Have the oprichniks raid and clear a path through the walls fast and watch as the poor fool tries to kill them fast enough. Follow in with the muskets and put up 3 forts fast then spam instant muskets from them. Now he has to try and destroy 3 forts which are rebuild faster than they are destroyed. All while oprichniks are hitting your walls everywhere, and you have to deal with those too. Frenchies, gendarme lame that!

Moral: Treaty mode is fine if you play less than a 30 minute treaty game.

+----------+
| PLEASE |
| DO NOT |
| FEED THE |
| TROLLS |
+----------+

[This message has been edited by TheRomans (edited 12-16-2006 @ 01:02 AM).]

TOO_Saruman
Skirmisher
posted 12-16-06 07:45 AM EDT (US)     35 / 48       
Russia is fine, neither OP nor UP. ES really did a good job with them.

ESO: empirejoao3
Clan:Proud
"You know the world is going crazy when the best golfer in the world is black, the best rapper is white, and the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese" LOL!!!
Zongo
Skirmisher
posted 12-16-06 09:25 AM EDT (US)     36 / 48       
russians are still fine, but playing more defensive seems better now
secure strategic points with blockhouses (upgraded with impr buildings/rax HP) while doing raids with cossacks/oprichniks

Old Indian: Once upon a time, a woman was picking up firewood. She came upon a poisonous snake frozen in the snow. She took the snake home and nursed it back to health. One day the snake bit her on the cheek. As she lay dying, she asked the snake, "Why have you done this to me?" And the snake answered, "Look, bitch, you knew I was a snake."
Adam42
Skirmisher
posted 12-16-06 12:10 PM EDT (US)     37 / 48       

Quote:

And accept defeat? Well seeing as I lost and "you" won ... yeah.

By accept defeat I meant say gg or something, rather than strongly imply the only reason I won was because of civ.

Quote:

The extra cards in general make it more difficult to read your opponent's strategy via deck reading, but it really doesn't offer you that much more flexibility since most decks only vary slightly usually depending on different maps.

Well... in vanilla I have 14 russian decks, in twc I have 3. Maybe that should tell you something about how much those extra 5 cards mean.

Quote:

Who needs to siege when you can keep your enemy contained?

What do you mean "who needs to siege"? If you knew the first thing about the matchup, you'd know that it is, for all intents and purposes, impossible to fight against falcs, skirms and cuirs with russia on a non water map, and very tough on one with water. That's why russia's lack of colonial siege matters.

Quote:

They recieved NO nerf, besides the added training time which as I've already stated hardly affects anything since one cannot pump out strelets and villager constantly until they have a 29 villager economy, at the earliest assuming a perfect economy.

What the heck? The train time nerf is huge, it delays your first attack by 20 seconds, and when you get a burst of resources like from food crates, you end up having res for 3 batches of strelets at once.

Quote:

However, it is perfectly fair to say that some maps heavily favor certain civs, and Russia certainly benefits from Yukon.

So first you say "goddam op", now you just say "benefited"? o_O

Quote:

I understand Russia is surely not OP (or as OP) as they were in vanilla, but strelets are still very strong.

-_-

I challenge you to play 30 games with russia and stay within 100 points of your current rate.

Brtnboarder495
Skirmisher
posted 12-16-06 11:23 PM EDT (US)     38 / 48       

Quote:

What the heck? The train time nerf is huge, it delays your first attack by 20 seconds, and when you get a burst of resources like from food crates, you end up having res for 3 batches of strelets at once.

I'm still caught up in the question of why you feel Russia MUST rush. Why not build a BH or two defensively nearby some hunts and trees, and let your automatic economic advantage kick in while spamming strelets and musks every once in a while? No age2 cav can deal with strelets cost effectively, especially when you mix some musks in.

Russia never HAD a strong rush, they had (have) an OP age 2 unit, and the ability to forward a toward AND barracks very early on. This is what attracted many to rush with them. Most of the games that Russian players win is from strangling their opponent with strelets, NOT demolishing their TC by means of siege. They simply kill a few villagers here and there, or even force them to garrison them, while they create villagers 40% faster and sooner or later your going to fall behind.

Ottos have a strong rush. They have a TP to power crates for their expensive units, and arguably the best and most versatile age 2 unit besides the actual best age 2 unit, and are able to "trade off" their economy for a very fast rush. An Ottoman HAS to win from destroying their enemy and their TC more often than not, followed by more destruction, BECAUSE they don't have the economy to recover in case the rush fails.

Quote:

What do you mean "who needs to siege"? If you knew the first thing about the matchup, you'd know that it is, for all intents and purposes, impossible to fight against falcs, skirms and cuirs with russia on a non water map, and very tough on one with water. That's why russia's lack of colonial siege matters.

Right ... chances are your going to get manchu, BR, highlanders or some other merc cav at your saloon (which by the way, Russia has merc shipments of). And no player would have the guts to even mass cav against a Russian player anymore. Forget about cav not cost effectively beating strelets before! Now with Petrine reforms, your completely gambling with your victory. You spam cav, he simply sends one card and BAM, your entire army has just become obsolete.

And massed falcs? Culvs. Small groups of skirms with a TON of micro could beat strelets to a certain point. You can hit and run them to death, but what will you do when you run out of places to "run", or you find yourself flanked? And skirms get owned by any melee cav, and Russia just happens to have one of the easiest to mass melee cav with an awesome age2 card.

Quote:

So first you say "goddam op", now you just say "benefited"? o_O

Well if a civ benefits too much from certain characteristics of a map to the point where it disadvantages other civs to a certain degree, or becomes lame, then yes obviously that civ would be over powered on that map.

SahintheFalcon
Skirmisher
posted 12-16-06 11:46 PM EDT (US)     39 / 48       
Rushing with Russia is the best way to go. Realistically speaking, if you don't rush you're going to be rushed. It is very difficult to hold off an abus/pike/lb rush. You'll need at least 40 stretlets, with musket and preferably hussar help from your allies. And if your team has 40 stretlets, 20 muskets, and 5 hussars, you might as well rush the enemy. Falling back to your blockhouses to defend helps, but only a little. Even if you win the battle you won't have map control.

Russian late game can potentially be powerful. In a normal sup game that has lasted to industrial, Russia needs to use oprichniks, no question about it. In a NR 30+ game, Russian must fort hop. Their main late game weakness is positioning. If the entire Russian army gets wiped out right in front of its base (and this happens quite often), they are not going to be able to quickly rebuild enough powerful units to repel the attack before the enemy slices through their base. On the other hand, if their army gets wiped out attacking the enemy, then you'll be able to rebuild your army much faster than they are (Yet ANOTHER reason to rush with Russia).

ESO Nickname: Eisenhower
Favorite Age 3 character: Sahin the Falcon
Unban James Lock!
Eliminator
Skirmisher
posted 12-17-06 00:43 AM EDT (US)     40 / 48       
I think Russia is at par with some other civs but we could obviously use some help vs Spain and maybe Dutch
Earl Samsca
Skirmisher
posted 12-17-06 07:46 AM EDT (US)     41 / 48       

Quote:

I'm still caught up in the question of why you feel Russia MUST rush. Why not build a BH or two defensively nearby some hunts and trees, and let your automatic economic advantage kick in while spamming strelets and musks every once in a while? No age2 cav can deal with strelets cost effectively, especially when you mix some musks in.

Russia needs to rush to establish map control in order to ensure they can pour in food at the rate nessasary to maintain both villager production and troop production. Those Strelets cost almost as much food per unit as crossbowmen.

Ah but less wood you say. True, but food is a finite resource, if you run out of nearby hunts your in some serious difficulties. Thats true for everyone, but Russia due to their food heavy forces and food heavy villager booming go through them very quickly. Since the best defence is offence, the best way to establish these fresh hunting grounds is to pen the opponent within his base. Further more at the beginning of the game your at your weakest economically as Russia, the longer his is penned in the further time you have to pump those villagers so every minute you become economically stronger.

Ultimately what else can you do? You cannot boom without map control (they can just counter-boom and exploit the fact hunting>>>>mills, etc) meanwhile a Russian FF is hardly the most potent of strategies.

Adam42
Skirmisher
posted 12-17-06 02:45 PM EDT (US)     42 / 48       

Quote:

For two reasons. First of all, blockhouses really aren't very difficult to take down, so not much in the way of turtle defence. If you let your "economic advantage" (which is 40% by the way, nothing big) then your opponent will either (if he's euro) go fortress and kill you with falcs, or if he's a native, just put a few vills on fertility dance and outboom you, or just attack you with a superior army (sioux).

Russia is a very food heavy civ. You can't use such a strategy if there's no water, trust me.

Quote:

Right ... chances are your going to get manchu, BR, highlanders or some other merc cav at your saloon (which by the way, Russia has merc shipments of). And no player would have the guts to even mass cav against a Russian player anymore. Forget about cav not cost effectively beating strelets before! Now with Petrine reforms, your completely gambling with your victory. You spam cav, he simply sends one card and BAM, your entire army has just become obsolete.

Uhm? If you use the card that converts all strelets to muskets (which is suvorov's reforms by the way) then all you've done is convert a unit which is not so easily countered by cav, to one that is countered very very easily by skirms and cannon... suvorov's reforms is a stupid card to send against french FFers, only time you should use it against them is when they're in colonial and you've somehow got to fort before them. And fyi, cav beats strelets cost effectively, cuirs absolutely own strelets cost effectively (so there's no point in massing them), and unless you've FFed like a fool, his units will be veteran and yours won't be. Manchu BR and highlanders all get killed by skirm and cannon before they finish your cuirs - forget about it: been there, done that, got owned. FFing isn't an option against france, full stop.

Quote:

And massed falcs? Culvs.

Nope - like I said, FFing isn't an option. You'll have to make do with using the crappiest melee cav in the game to take out the falcs I'm afraid.

Quote:

And skirms get owned by any melee cav, and Russia just happens to have one of the easiest to mass melee cav with an awesome age2 card.

Cossacks are easy to mass, but even easier to kill with cuirs/focus firing skirms/dragoons - they suck, basically. Against an equally skilled french player the simply fact is that you will not get to the skirms.

Quote:

Well if a civ benefits too much from certain characteristics of a map to the point where it disadvantages other civs to a certain degree, or becomes lame, then yes obviously that civ would be over powered on that map.

You think a few extra hunts in the middle of the map makes russia overpowered and lame? Give me a freaking break and think outside the box for once. It's no wonder you think russia is overpowered, by the way you play against them.
Brtnboarder495
Skirmisher
posted 12-17-06 08:14 PM EDT (US)     43 / 48       
Taking map control and not rushing is not effective? I find that hard to believe. You can herd huntables too ... it's not like you MUST BH up the entire map in order to access food. Better yet get one BH at home and one by some hunts and trees and then you should be fine.

Adam you've just countered all of my arguments by posting counter strategies. No strategy is flawless and can be countered. If he had skirms and falcs, why in the world would you even send in anticav, let alone mercs. Maybe if you were incapable of scouting ...

And about BH's. Sure they aren't that easy to take down, but here's the thing, if you have strelets and some musks, and he goes to take down your BH, then you rape his army and then he is left with no army while you have an army and more often than not, a better economy.

If he goes fortress, build up some more BH's and follow suit. Russia does have EP, so catching up really shouldn't be a problem. If your finding culvs inneffective, then there are Opris which wtf pwn artillery.

My point about the survouv reforms is that it makes training cav against strelets even more pointless than before. Why even gamble with training a unit that can't even beat strelets cost effectively (assuming both players are capable of microing), and that now can be raped after a single card is sent? The truth is that strelets rape other infantry except abus, so you'd be stupid to even attempt training massed infantry against strelets.

Quote:

You think a few extra hunts in the middle of the map makes russia overpowered and lame? Give me a freaking break and think outside the box for once. It's no wonder you think russia is overpowered, by the way you play against them.

No, it's because you have very few hunts nearby, and often you must waste very valuable VS to herd other groups. Once your hunts are exhausted, you then have no herdables or even berry bushes to fall back on. Hell, like I said before as well, you have to take some map control to even access wood often.

SahintheFalcon
Skirmisher
posted 12-17-06 09:03 PM EDT (US)     44 / 48       

Quote:

Adam you've just countered all of my arguments by posting counter strategies. No strategy is flawless and can be countered. If he had skirms and falcs, why in the world would you even send in anticav, let alone mercs. Maybe if you were incapable of scouting ...

yeah, well some strategies can be countered easily and some are very difficult to counter. Spanish rod rush is almost impossible to counter if you have the wrong civ. You need an Ottoman on your team. YOUR strategy of not rushing and taking map control is easily countered. "HEY GUYS, IT'S 8 MINUTES ALREADY AND RUSSIA DIDN'T RUSH! LAWL! Taunt 13! Kill his base!" It's not like map control is going to help in the early game when there's 2 herds right next to your tc.

Quote:

Taking map control and not rushing is not effective? I find that hard to believe. You can herd huntables too ... it's not like you MUST BH up the entire map in order to access food. Better yet get one BH at home and one by some hunts and trees and then you should be fine.

Map control is not Russia's signature advantage. It's the stretlet strangles, oprichnik spams, and fort hopping that's powerful. Map control is for France, who have their efficient settlers and powerful cavalry. Trying to get map control without rushing with Russia is hardly better than trying to get map control with Ottoman. If you're going to build an army to control the resources, just attack the enemy.

Quote:

No, it's because you have very few hunts nearby, and often you must waste very valuable VS to herd other groups. Once your hunts are exhausted, you then have no herdables or even berry bushes to fall back on. Hell, like I said before as well, you have to take some map control to even access wood often.

Taking half of the map is good enough. A successful rush will put you with at least half the map, more if your opponent's counterattack fails. That's good enough. Obviously, since you think suvorov reforms is useless, then you're not very experienced.

ESO Nickname: Eisenhower
Favorite Age 3 character: Sahin the Falcon
Unban James Lock!
TheRomans
Skirmisher
posted 12-18-06 01:16 AM EDT (US)     45 / 48       

Quote:

Obviously, since you think suvorov reforms is useless, then you're not very experienced.

He didn't say suvorov reforms is useless he said melee cav was useless against a strelet spam, more so with suvorov reforms because it has gone from a strelet spam countering cav to a musket spam owning cav. That is what he said.

+----------+
| PLEASE |
| DO NOT |
| FEED THE |
| TROLLS |
+----------+
Brtnboarder495
Skirmisher
posted 12-18-06 07:38 AM EDT (US)     46 / 48       

Quote:

Map control is not Russia's signature advantage. It's the stretlet strangles, oprichnik spams, and fort hopping that's powerful. Map control is for France, who have their efficient settlers and powerful cavalry. Trying to get map control without rushing with Russia is hardly better than trying to get map control with Ottoman. If you're going to build an army to control the resources, just attack the enemy.

Maybe because Russia can essentially boom as well, and have the best age2 infantry unit in the game?

Ottomans can't boom in age2, at least very well, on a land map. Russia can, and BH's make it that much easier.

Earl Samsca
Skirmisher
posted 12-18-06 08:12 AM EDT (US)     47 / 48       
If you don't put pressure on an opponent he will just FF. For example, Spain. He can then attack with fortress units or sit on the defensive and stick up those TCs. 2 TCs outbooms 1 Russian TC.

If you don't put pressure on an opponent he will construct a colonial army you will struggle to beat. Abus with the critical value of Jans, Mass Cetans with shipped axe riders etc

Brit, Port and Dutch if you leave them alone will out boom you. Further more they have it alot easier against you in Fort than in Colonial.

Blockhouses are very expensive for what they do if your using them "to ensure map control". They go down and suddenly your not getting any more troops any time soon. If you are making lots of them, where are you getting all this wood from? Looks like your not going to be hitting Fortress any time soon.

Now I can understand disliking Russia as a British player, Britain does seem in my oppinion to be fairly weak against Russia. The problem I think is entirely because longbows do not do that well against Strelets meanwhile Hussars are expensive. On the otherhand a 5-Hussar FF followed by a manor boom while you pressurise the Russian who is likely just aging up could have some merit.

Adam42
Skirmisher
posted 12-18-06 02:17 PM EDT (US)     48 / 48       

Quote:

Well, I'm telling you you can't take map control and NOT be aggressive. It doesn't work, least against france. I doubt you'd know, in fact, you have only not played a single game with two civs, and russia is one of them.

Quote:

Because he has skirms, falcs AND cuirs, sometimes a few dragoons as well. I'm not posting counter strategies, I'm saying that what YOU suggest would not work against a decent (equally skilled) french player. All french players go fortress early and go for skirms+cuirs+falcs.

Quote:

And about BH's. Sure they aren't that easy to take down, but here's the thing, if you have strelets and some musks, and he goes to take down your BH, then you rape his army and then he is left with no army while you have an army and more often than not, a better economy.

BH's do something like 30 damage. You charge your cav (cuirs) at his meatshield while attacking the musks with skirms. The musks will die long before the cuirs will. Then once his army is gone you attack the blockhouse. Blockhouses are very good for rushing and defending from raids, but as a turtling building they just aren't strong enough.

Quote:

On yukon there are usually at least 2 herds. One of them is right by the TC, the other is on the edge of LOS, occasionally there's another one.. the only difference on yukon is that there are more hunts in the middle, making map control more important. But what you should have done is FFed with a tower or two and minutemen, I guarantee that you would have got that map control back by 10 minutes instead of remaining boxed up for 17.
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames