You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.52 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Thinking of moving.
Bottom
Topic Subject:Thinking of moving.
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Ossian
Skirmisher
posted 12-10-06 00:54 AM EDT (US)         
I've been playing aoe3 for around 14 months now and I've been thinking of moving, but I've looked and looked and I see almost nothing out there that is as active as aoe3 (seemingly)

So my question to everyone is what other RTS is out there that I should get? I've been looking at Empire earth 2 but the EE2 heaven forum is a ghost town, so is there no one playing that?

I hear RoN was good but way to old now, I've heard WC3 is full of fanboys and is retarded so I'm really confused about what to get or even if I should get anything else and I might just stick to plain ol aoe3

*WINDOWS CRITICAL ERROR 19891126*
Product ID: Ossian Discontinued
Contact your network admin for more details
about this special edition of player...

Allthough cetans are darker, did you know that if you read the word 'cetan' as a dutch word, that you get the same sound as when reading 'satan' in english.-Furby Killer
AuthorReplies:
The Crazy Idiot
Skirmisher
posted 12-10-06 01:09 AM EDT (US)     1 / 52       
I'd suggest MTW:2. Granted its not the same as the other ones and it has a pretty small multiplayer but you'll find it fun. I bought it, and unless you've been following the series for that long its relativly bug free.
Basilis
Skirmisher
posted 12-10-06 05:17 AM EDT (US)     2 / 52       
Medieval 2 total war rocks, I have medieval 1, rome and medieval 2 along with the previous expansions... The bad thing is that it's more of a single player game
micky_tee
Skirmisher
(id: micky_t)
posted 12-10-06 08:47 AM EDT (US)     3 / 52       
i have medieval total war and the vikings expack, but i have never even touched it. I got it well before i started playing age3 and twc (my first rts games) and it has just sat on the shelf. Tbh it doesn't really look that good.

armyballer - Another 3v3, this time my team is winning, (about an hour into it). One of the other team players admits defeat and resigns, then out of no where I get OOS message. I'm pissed, I again log onto agecommunity and see I have been given a LOSE. How did this happen?

AceOfKings - ender_ward hacked into your game and made it go OOS

Unban JamesLock
Ossian
Skirmisher
posted 12-10-06 10:01 AM EDT (US)     4 / 52       
Well I'm 100% sure I won't be getting that, I want M player :0

Does anyone know how many people play empire earth 2?

Allthough cetans are darker, did you know that if you read the word 'cetan' as a dutch word, that you get the same sound as when reading 'satan' in english.-Furby Killer
somme
Skirmisher
posted 12-10-06 10:39 AM EDT (US)     5 / 52       
Empire Earth 2 kinda flopped. Last time I got on there were 30 people!

ESO : Pcfreak8
"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is." -Jan L. A. van de Snepscheu
A pessimist is usually right and never disappointed.
Any history buff knows that nothing stops a cannon like a good uppercut. - BeatnikJoe
Ossian
Skirmisher
posted 12-10-06 10:51 AM EDT (US)     6 / 52       
o.O really? the reviews were just as good as aoe3.

That really sucks because I was looking forward to it, but I guess RTS as a whole is just...dead.

Aoe3 I think has the biggest population of players besides WC3

Sens_fan
Skirmisher
posted 12-10-06 10:56 AM EDT (US)     7 / 52       
From my experience EE 2 was a total miss. I bought it since I loved EEI but it is just not the same. I couldn't tell you what it is but their is something from the game play that I just don't like. To be honest you I got a bunch of RTS and none of them are very active, recently I tried EE II, Rise of Legends, Rise and Fall, BFME II and I can tell you I haven't found something as active as AoEIII. Maybe the Total War Series, though I have never played them.
KingSteve3721
Skirmisher
posted 12-10-06 11:06 AM EDT (US)     8 / 52       
EE2 was terrible. I liked the concept and stuff, but the interface nd controls completely killed it IMO.

I would suggest Company of Hereos, or, if you want to start a TBS, Civilization 4/Warlords expansion.

[FeaR]{KingSteve3721}
“I love my name of honor, more than I fear death.”- Julius Caesar
"The Pope! How many divisions has he got?"- Joseph Stalin
"The hand that gives is above the hand that takes. Money has no motherland; financiers are without patriotism and without decency; their sole object is gain."- Napoleon Bonaparte
"Dogs, would you live forever?"- Frederick the Great (addressing retreating Prussians at the Battle of Kolin)
Ossian
Skirmisher
posted 12-10-06 11:37 AM EDT (US)     9 / 52       
I was browsing RTS games and found one called supreme commander, it's the squeal to Total Annihilation and it looks really good, I hope HG makes a site for it

The story is seems decent and being able to zoom so far out that armies would be icons would be awesome O.O

Also it's boasting that some units will be so big that it would take 2 screens being zoomed in all the way to see them (which is another feature which allows you to set up 2 monitors and be able to play with 2 screens at different spots)

Anyone heard anything about this game?

Destiny_Devil
Skirmisher
posted 12-10-06 11:50 AM EDT (US)     10 / 52       
I have aoe twc lotr:bfme2 raf but none of them compare to aoe nevermind twc. my advice is too stick with aoe.
Sargon II
Skirmisher
posted 12-10-06 12:38 PM EDT (US)     11 / 52       
There is a game that is very similar to Empire Earth, with a larger community. It's called Rise & Fall: civilizations at war.

Veni, Vidi, Castratavi Illegitimos.
Zongo
Skirmisher
posted 12-10-06 12:40 PM EDT (US)     12 / 52       
i can only agree that EE2 is nowhere close the first one (which was very good)
must be the gameplay that turned people away

Old Indian: Once upon a time, a woman was picking up firewood. She came upon a poisonous snake frozen in the snow. She took the snake home and nursed it back to health. One day the snake bit her on the cheek. As she lay dying, she asked the snake, "Why have you done this to me?" And the snake answered, "Look, bitch, you knew I was a snake."
Alexastor
AoEO Seraph
(id: Kastor)
posted 12-10-06 12:46 PM EDT (US)     13 / 52       
EE2 sucked because it was developed by another company.
Anonamis
Skirmisher
posted 12-10-06 12:46 PM EDT (US)     14 / 52       
ok AOE and TWC are obviously the most played multiplayer games online. they are the biggest of all games i have ever seen. however, i think the secon biggest is probably EE2. there's about an average of 500 online (wich is nothing compared to AOE 3000)

IMO, AOE is deffinatly the best but i'd say EE2 is second best (and i know everyone thinks it's dead but it's still more alive then SOME games)

I'm not as dumb as you look
Ender_Ward
Skirmisher
posted 12-10-06 02:10 PM EDT (US)     15 / 52       

Quoted from Anonamis:

ok AOE and TWC are obviously the most played multiplayer games online. they are the biggest of all games i have ever seen.

You need to visit this little place called Battle.net.

"One wants to be loved, failing that admired, failing that feared, failing that hated and despised. One wants to instill in other people some form of emotion. The soul shudders before emptiness and wants contact, no matter the cost."
The_Satchmo
Skirmisher
posted 12-10-06 02:31 PM EDT (US)     16 / 52       
DoW is a great rts, i playd it before aoe3. its much more fastpaced then aoe3. its also got a very active mod community, and there are 2 Xpacks for it already
The Crazy Idiot
Skirmisher
posted 12-10-06 05:23 PM EDT (US)     17 / 52       
SupCom should be very good, I think you should wait before making your decision.
RiderOfEternity
Skirmisher
posted 12-10-06 05:52 PM EDT (US)     18 / 52       
I can't believe no one's mentioned Company of Heroes!

It's excellent. Go try the demo (the two demo missions kinda suck though...). Multiplayer is sure to have a lot of people.

Leader of Liquid Fire. Animator Seb C.

One does not simply leave HG
KingSteve3721
Skirmisher
posted 12-10-06 05:55 PM EDT (US)     19 / 52       
Wow that just reminded me about SC....

I remember about a few days before TWC came out, Syncope and i were talking, and he brought up Supreme Commander.

O.O i must say that this game looks so damn sweet...

*DLing beta*

@above..

Quoted from me:

I would suggest Company of Hereos

[FeaR]{KingSteve3721}
“I love my name of honor, more than I fear death.”- Julius Caesar
"The Pope! How many divisions has he got?"- Joseph Stalin
"The hand that gives is above the hand that takes. Money has no motherland; financiers are without patriotism and without decency; their sole object is gain."- Napoleon Bonaparte
"Dogs, would you live forever?"- Frederick the Great (addressing retreating Prussians at the Battle of Kolin)

[This message has been edited by KingSteve3721 (edited 12-10-2006 @ 06:04 PM).]

Mokon
Skirmisher
posted 12-10-06 06:23 PM EDT (US)     20 / 52       
Games I wouldnt get.... EE2, COH, ROL, RON, RNF

Games I would get.... AOE3, WC3, SC

Perhaps get Paraworld and WarHammer game

My two cents

Mokon | | | AoE3 Rate 2200~ | | |
  • To check out my Age of Empires III Strategy Guide click here!
  • The price of my guide has been reduced! Check it out!
  • New TWC Recorded Games Posted on my Media Page!
  • [This message has been edited by Mokon (edited 12-10-2006 @ 10:15 PM).]

Ossian
    Skirmisher
    posted 12-10-06 08:27 PM EDT (US)     21 / 52       
    can't download beta it's all full.

Tungsten_Knight
    Skirmisher
    posted 12-10-06 08:40 PM EDT (US)     22 / 52       
    Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War is really good. It's fast paced, and action-packed, plus fairly well balanced. You don't really need a super-good computer to run it, and I believe it is also fairly cheap ($30.00, I think, for the "Gold edition", which comes with Dawn of War and the Winter Assault expansion).
    Omnizero
    Skirmisher
    posted 12-10-06 09:21 PM EDT (US)     23 / 52       
    I have company of heroes, It's different. It is very physics based, turning your tanks one way or the other actually changes the outcome of battles.

I play it occasionally, but I much prefer AOE3, then again, I haven't been playing it nearly as much as you apparently have

"Speedy Halberdiers just own things" ~TarsTarkas
    brolly831
    Skirmisher
    posted 12-10-06 10:24 PM EDT (US)     24 / 52       
    In response to Ossian, I dont think RTS games have died...I think its the fact that computer games have died. The market for Computer games get smaller every year, partly because PS2, PS3 and X-box 360 having the ability to play games online. I miss the days of AOK and AOC, those were the best.
    Ossian
    Skirmisher
    posted 12-10-06 10:44 PM EDT (US)     25 / 52       
    Well I've played it so long I could play a game in my sleep and I really don't like that feeling xD

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames