You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.82 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Iroquois the lamest civ ever made
Bottom
Topic Subject:Iroquois the lamest civ ever made
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4  Next Page »
MockHamill
Skirmisher
posted 04-28-07 04:03 PM EDT (US)         
I have nothing but contempt for this civ and those that are still abusing it. Playing Iroquois requires absolutely no skill at all. As a former Iroquois player I know for a fact just how lame and OP this civ is. People who think it is just GreatHouse that needs to be nerfed do not understand the civ at all.

Iro advantages:
- Free map control.
- Best Warchief in the game.
- Most OP fire pit dance in the game Travois dance means that you do not have to collect any wood for farms, warhuts or Plantations.
- Very strong and fast rush. Iroquois are actually very strong in colonial, it is just that their FF is even more OP.
- Requires no flexibility at all the Iroquois player can use the same strategy in every game. However, the heterosexual player has to read the Iroquois player perfectly to even have a chance.
- Best Turtle in the game. 3 Great House TC + firepit + agrarian ways =GG.
- Best skirmisher in the game. Forest prowler + Iro Warchief > all other skrims.
- Skirmisher that can become invisible = legal map hack + best villager killer in the game. EK actually requires a card to become a good villager killer, FP requires nothing at all.
- Extremely strong FI. 10 free villagers when you FI mean that you suddenly get back most of the economy that you sacrificed for the FI.
- Extremely strong late game. Light cannon + Toma shield + Hussars that cost no gold = GG.

Iro disadvantages
- No falconets.

I am not sure I even want to play this game any more. At least not until the next patch. Iroquois are so ridiculously OP it makes me sick. I do not care that Spain may be stronger at the 2100+ level. For 99% of the players using Iroquois is a huge advantage, and playing against them is a huge disadvantage.

In order to balance Iroquois I suggest the following:
- Either remove the starting Travois or let them start with 100 less wood.
- Great House changed to +50% attack.
- Travois dance nerfed so that it takes 20% more time to spawn the travois.
- Light cannons range changed to 30.

AuthorReplies:
NATron
Skirmisher
posted 05-04-07 03:02 PM EDT (US)     76 / 82       
They aren't too OP, you still need some basic knowladge of the game to be good with them.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I heard distant forests all the time - CunniJA
I found my Jabra!
MockHamill
Skirmisher
posted 05-05-07 11:16 AM EDT (US)     77 / 82       
Anyone who is currently using Iro has an ELO 200 points higher then what they deserve. Try switching from Iro to a normal civ for 20 games; if you still have the same rating then you have my respect.

Great House is not even the problem. The problem is that the civ is OP in so many areas; you do not even have to use GH to lame with Iro.

Using Iro is like playing the game on the easiest setting, you have to be pretty retarded to lose.

Voltiguer
Skirmisher
posted 05-05-07 11:20 AM EDT (US)     78 / 82       
lol I was 2200 with ottos, 2150 with Iros and now 2200 again with dutch -_-
MockHamill
Skirmisher
posted 05-05-07 11:24 AM EDT (US)     79 / 82       
Well it may be different on the 2200+ level. But for 99% of the players on ESO Iro inflates their rating as much as any map hack.
Voltiguer
Skirmisher
posted 05-05-07 11:34 AM EDT (US)     80 / 82       
yeah what I said doesnt prove anything you were indeed right with your post.

The reason why my rating was lower is because I never used GH nor did I play Iros for a long time at all

Medio
Skirmisher
(id: Mediolanus)
posted 05-05-07 02:23 PM EDT (US)     81 / 82       
Anyone who is currently using Iro has an ELO 200 points higher then what they deserve. Try switching from Iro to a normal civ for 20 games; if you still have the same rating then you have my respect.

For me it stayed the same when I switched to Germany (although it took me a few games to get the hang of it).

Lord_Richjp
Skirmisher
posted 05-05-07 03:41 PM EDT (US)     82 / 82       
You don't dislike Iro too much then, Mock?

My grandmother slaps harder than the Agra Fort shoots. And she's dead. ~ Ender_Ward

By the same token, if I attempt to operate the mouse using nothing but my butt-cheeks, micro will also come down to "luck." ~ Beatnikjoe
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames