You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.37 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Possible Asian civs changes on next patch(official).
Bottom
Topic Subject:Possible Asian civs changes on next patch(official).
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
n_maser
Skirmisher
posted 12-04-07 06:31 PM EDT (US)         
ndia: The concern is they are too slow early game (5 vill start, vills cost 100 wood, 8% XP penalty). There is also a concern that they struggle vs. massed HI late game because Gurkha donít receive the counter-infantry rifling tech that European civs receive. Also, there are concerns about wonders and elephants but I believe those are only issues because of their lack of econ strength early game.

Proposed solution:

∑ Remove XP penalty

∑ +1 vills, -1 food crate

∑ Either allow the Gurkha a counter-infantry rifling tech in some way OR give them +0.5 multiplier vs. HI with the Disciplined and Honored upgrades respectively.

∑ Leave elephants as they are, improve Mansabdar aura to 15% perhaps?

∑ Leave wonders as they are

China: The concern here is that Disciples are too good, that their rush is too good, and that their team cards are too good. On the other hand their anti-cav is weak.

Proposed solution:

∑ Raise Disciple cost to 100 food, leave stats as they are

∑ Reduce the number of Disciples you receive for aging with the Ďdiscipleí wonder:

Colonial: 4

Fortress: 8

Industrial: 14

Imperial: 28

∑ As long as we give lesser civs slight boosts their rush will not be seen as a problem so leave their early game as is aside from Disciples.

∑ Their team cards (team 7 manchu, team 5 hand mortars) were age4 cards in testing but were apparently moved to age3. Need to either reduce the number received with the shipment or move them in age (I assume weíll reduce the number).

∑ Leave their anti-cav as it, it is this way for a reason.

Take away 1 food crate from the Porcelain Tower wonder.

Japan: The main concern Iíve seen with Japan is based around the Ashigaru musketeer (I didnít see this comingÖ /sarcasm). It receives tons of upgrades and eventually has an insane attack.

Proposed solution:

∑ Not really sure what we could do here. Canít reduce their speed or itís just another musketeer. Canít really pull the Daimyo or Shogun, canít pull a wonder, canít pull a card. Perhaps the 2 attack cards they receive are nerfed down to 15% from 20%?
Here.
AuthorReplies:
Zongo
Skirmisher
posted 12-06-07 04:30 AM EDT (US)     26 / 37       
making disciples cost 20f more wont change much I think if they keep their stats. Remove the critical hits vs non-guardian units plz, randomness should not be playing a big part in this game

Old Indian: Once upon a time, a woman was picking up firewood. She came upon a poisonous snake frozen in the snow. She took the snake home and nursed it back to health. One day the snake bit her on the cheek. As she lay dying, she asked the snake, "Why have you done this to me?" And the snake answered, "Look, bitch, you knew I was a snake."
schildpad
Skirmisher
posted 12-06-07 04:43 AM EDT (US)     27 / 37       
The randomness in critical hit isnt that important if you include that your opponent will have at least 15 discipels that attack every 1.5 second.

"such a kind fellow!" ~ ķįŋğ_Ćħŗĩö_ĬĬ

Furby killer should be crowned leader of AOE forum ~ [SW_GD]Teutonic

Catabre
BFME2H Replay Reviewer - Library Guildsman
posted 12-06-07 10:32 AM EDT (US)     28 / 37       
∑ Remove XP penalty
Do that for the Germans, for goodness sake.

"Apparently, arguing for the right to do something no-one wants to do is the lifeblood of HG." - TaylorFlame

"Whatever happened, BFME2H did it better. No Exceptions." - EnemyofJupitor
LordPatrick18
Skirmisher
posted 12-06-07 12:03 PM EDT (US)     29 / 37       
And you are not making any sense.
Everyone knows small and frequent patches are better than big seldom ones. Loads of changes at once are simply too hard to get right. Slow and steady wins the race.

And...

*cough* Germany 1.08 *cough*

Congratulations Serge - Winner of the FFA Spring Series 2008
Sjiniet
Skirmisher
posted 12-06-07 12:49 PM EDT (US)     30 / 37       
^ i agree , we sure dont want another 'ZOMG India is superuberduper OP! nerf shipment rate !!!' (example Germany overnerf)

"You cannnot discover inhabited land , If not i could go and 'discover' England" - Iroquois Chief
Lord Berminator
Skirmisher
posted 12-06-07 06:22 PM EDT (US)     31 / 37       
ELEPLHANTS NEED A BOOST IM SORRY

Flails die like Strelets to Imperial Garrochistas. They have insane siege though. I say reduce their attack slightly and raise their resistance/hitpoints. A LOT.

Siege Ellies....gotta love 'em!

Howdahs are pretty good as of now.

Mahouts-great against LI, still need a major cost reduction, if not that then a resistance/hitpoints boost.

PS: I know there are cards to upgrade ellies, so ES shouldn't just read this and go ahead with it. Do I look like a game designer?

Scenarios: Worldmap Series I: North America, Worldmap Series II: Caribbean, The Wasteland

Editor of: Orissa, Kill the Sun, Bathe in Hate

Current Projects: Fog of War, Island Hopping
schildpad
Skirmisher
posted 12-07-07 03:17 AM EDT (US)     32 / 37       
Siege ellies suck majorly. Basicly every ranged units gets an attack bonus vs them + low ranged resistance.

LordPatrick18
Skirmisher
posted 12-07-07 11:05 AM EDT (US)     33 / 37       
Siege Elephants beat canons and buildings, not units, but I'd say ES wanted it that way.

Congratulations Serge - Winner of the FFA Spring Series 2008
schildpad
Skirmisher
posted 12-07-07 12:16 PM EDT (US)     34 / 37       
The entire problem: they dont beat cannons. Sure if you do only cannons vs siege ellies they beat them. However if both teams have normal army, then it is very hard to reach culvs/cannons/siege ellies with melee units. Culvs and cannons got very large range and very high ranged resist, so they dont have much problems from ranged attacks. Meanwhile siege elephants have much lower range and much lower ranged resistance, and goons + culvs + skirms all get a bonus vs them (and more, but these are most important).

Lord Berminator
Skirmisher
posted 12-07-07 03:25 PM EDT (US)     35 / 37       
True, ES really screwed up with most elephants. They saw the word "elephant," and decided to take away too much (large cost & pop, weak resistance)

And rajputs are just WAY too expensive, they're good by not that good, 100 food's just ridiculous. I say make it 35 Wood and 70 Food.

Scenarios: Worldmap Series I: North America, Worldmap Series II: Caribbean, The Wasteland

Editor of: Orissa, Kill the Sun, Bathe in Hate

Current Projects: Fog of War, Island Hopping
blade5
Skirmisher
posted 12-07-07 07:33 PM EDT (US)     36 / 37       
Mahouts do NOT need a boost at all. They are OP enough as it is. Me and one of my friends and the indian maxxed out on those mahouts.. I had MUSKETS and Samurai, my ally had pikes, and muskets... Those things just killed all my troops and we killed about half.. I don't know but their OP to me.
lachlan
Skirmisher
posted 12-07-07 08:48 PM EDT (US)     37 / 37       
Yeah, you probably didn't have enough muskets and samurai..Mahoots are extremely expensive, cost effectively you should have way more counters and slaughter them easily.
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames