Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » War Stories Thread
Bottom
Topic Subject:War Stories Thread
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 33  Next Page »
Lord Berminator
Skirmisher
posted 02-01-08 10:45 PM EDT (US)         
Yep, here I go again.

Well, this one I lost, but it was fun. It was 1v1 on Ozarks, I was Russia opponent was Sioux. We both aged to Colonial around same time. Ironically, we eneded up trying to build fbs int the same spot, and he destroyed mine. Pretty soon he attacked me, the same time I attacked him. I killed of a few villys, but my army was small since my initial fb had been stopped. The Sioux player didn't take down my TC yet. But soon, his next wave took it down. My CM bought me time for my villys to run away.

So I start rebuilding to the south. I get up 3 blockhouses and begin spamming strelets. It was hilarious, you shoulda seen it. This guy goes back to his base after taking my TC. I get strelets coming in at him from all sides, and he never knows where I am going to strike next. Its all hit an run. I constrict his villys into his town, weakening his eco. I snipe at a few villys, then retreat. And the funny thing is I'm attacking from 3 places at once, so he hardly ever caches me. I do this for at least 20 minutes after he took down my TC. He says to me, "You are the most annoying person I have ever played." I just laugh.

Eventually he masses and army large enough to defend and attack my weak rebuild at the same time. I may have lost, but it was great fun, and it was excellent micro practice.

I WANT YOU to post your stories now!! Participate, people!

Scenarios: Worldmap Series I: North America, Worldmap Series II: Caribbean, The Wasteland

Editor of: Orissa, Kill the Sun, Bathe in Hate

Current Projects: Fog of War, Island Hopping

[This message has been edited by Lord Berminator (edited 12-18-2010 @ 01:16 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
Musketboom
Skirmisher
posted 02-01-08 11:55 PM EDT (US)     1 / 804       
Sounds like a lot of fun . My 2 FFA fun series round was fun. Here it is:

Blue (I think right color) was eliminated early by a dt from red and yellow. Purple lagged out as soon as his troops attacked me. So that leaves Me (Russians-orange) Walker_5 (British-Yellow?) and Dolphincup (Sioux-Red.) And green who got eliminated a few minutes later by constant harassment. I was strelet and Cossack spamming both red and yellow then yellow attacked with OP age 2 grenades and muskets. I was forced back, rebuilt in the southeast portion of the map and red and yellow duked it out.

As soon as I got 30 or so troops, Red's warchief found me and I evacuated villagers to the southern portion of the map after killing the WC. (It was one of the maps where the southern portion is heavily resourced and it has 3 choke points along a river.) I rebuilt all along the southern maybe 10% while red was in a very small area directly above my middle and east river crossings.

Once my Eco was alive, yellow made a mistake by building a TC down in my portion. The rules were we couldn't age until we knocked a TC and they were both Industrial while I was colonial. I quickly knocked the TC with all I could muster with little resistance and I grabbed all 3 bottom TP's and went to Fortress and then Industrial.

Now, I had a fort blocking the middle crossing from purple and had a forward base north of my east crossing. I left the west crossing undefended as nobody was around it and it was far away from my main structures and villagers.

Once I got some troops, Yellow called a TM and I sent muskets and strelets, knocked a TP and I turned my attention to red.

I massed Oprichniks and threw it all at red, luckily for me, it was a spam war between Russia and Sioux so it ended as a draw and I retreated after killing a lot of villagers however, not majorly crippling him. Soon, I did the exact same thing however, I only used 30 or so Oprichniks and charged from my middle crossing into his base and demolished a few farms and killed some villagers.

Yellow again, called a TM and I had to go around his first TP because he built like 5 fortified outposts on it and I quickly took it out. However, this time I went into yellows base, knocked a wall with my muskets and I killed some villagers before retreating to fight red back as he attacked my FB.

Yellow calls ANOTHER TM and I send opris to his leftern TP and kill it. This time, I decided to move my opris along the trading path and was able to walk right into yellows base. I slaughtered a ton of villagers and mills/plantations before his muskets finally got them.

It was nearing 1:35 (Game ends at 1:45 because LP doesn't watch past that for pointing in the FFA) so I decide to Revolt (For points). I took all of my militia and sent them to red along with all my other troops. I killed much of reds economy. However, his army forced me back and he attacked my base. yellow is sitting on his throne watching as we fight and he calls- Guess what? A Tm at 1:39ish. red pulled his troops away as he is called over to fight yellow's TP's. With about 10 seconds left, red finally knocks down the TP with about 30 seconds or so before 1:45. At 1:45, we all resign and GG.

Thats a long read, think of how my fingers feel.

Heres the link btw: (He got the players wrong, technically, there were 6.)http://aoe3.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=1802

[This message has been edited by musketboom (edited 02-02-2008 @ 00:01 AM).]

exc4libulz1022
Skirmisher
posted 02-02-08 00:02 AM EDT (US)     2 / 804       
Sioux OP

Sorry, no time to type out a story right now, maybe I will later

"he will have a hard getting banks up"
~rel4xed

"I accidently drop kicked someone once"
~george_uk

Orange4342
Skirmisher
posted 02-02-08 00:58 AM EDT (US)     3 / 804       
Ok, 3v3 my clan vs Catabre's clan.

I was japan, allies were brits and dutch.

Opponents: Otto, Spain, French.

This was a game where even 5 units could've made the difference.

Ok, map was rockies, I was going to yumi spam, brit was going to build grens (he was expierimenting) and dutch was going to build some skirms.

So early into colonial, I'm attacked by catabre's jan rush, and I end up defending myself by spliting my yumis into 2 groups.

Then the front of the battle has moved up to around our left chokepoint. All of the fb's were really close to each other and then we attack. Yumi+Gren defeats a few jans and a bunch of xbows. But then Catabre begins to build some abus, and for a while, gained control of the battle. The dutch finally came with around 15 skirms. But, purps forward foundry was near death because of spainish pikes and Catabres jans. So my allies and I march in, and easily, defeat them. We push them back, but not before they attack and destroy the foundry. So we were stalled for a couple minutes, but then we went in and easily defeated them.

Lesson: Always split archers into 2 groups, it helps a lot!

2nd Game 2v2 Mongolia Teams: Japan (me) Chinese (ally) and we were against india and french.

So I make my ashigarus, and when I asked my partner what he was doing he said.... Flamethrowers! So here I am, shocked at this odd strat that I had never heard of. Then he tells me that he will put no vills on food. Just the porcelain tower. So india and french attack with xbows and a mix of gurkhas and sepoys, and were beaten back a little, his 3 flamethrowers were hnr'ed to death, and we were about to die. But then here comes the amazing 7 steppe shipment. We end up killing the rest of their armies, and we're happy. So then my partner makes 5 more flames and we then go kill the india town. After that, we take a short break, then age up and upgrade our units. So now we have a 60 ashigaru+ 15 yumi+5 Hand mortar army,and he had a 15 flame + 12 hand mortar + 18 arqubusier + 12 iron flail + 12 disciple army. So we finally attack, and my musks are greeted by 50 skirms and 5 falcs! But lucky us, we have our super OP hand mortars!
We charge into their walls, and then I see the oddest thing happen. Instead of having even 1 unit of military at the battle, the india decides to just attack me with sowars. My TC is almost half way down when another OP china thing helps me! Team 7 Manchu! So everything is later cleared up at we won, and in the end I learned how to make my font size bigger in-game!

Lesson: China has another OP Strat!

ESO Oranges95
KSimms
Skirmisher
posted 02-02-08 01:54 AM EDT (US)     4 / 804       
Alright so I quick searched a game to get nice quick game in before heading to my friends house. Lucky for me I get paired with a China player, and I was using Germans on Northwest Territories. I don't really know what to do against China as Germans so I just decide to wing it. The game starts and I collect my crates and age ASAP during age I send my sett wagons to gold to do a semi FF because I have no musk to try to rush him, and dopps just wont work in colonial. I get up in age around the same time as him, and I scout his base, not to soon after we both reached colonial I saw him drop his second wonder to age to fort with the disciple wonder. I know whats coming and decide I'll just try out using colonial dopps for once and I make about 20. Then he hits, just out of range of my TC using the damn hand mortars [(He types GG) I feak out and say NO NOT GG CHINA IS LAME], which are protected by disciples and a few han armies. I send in my dopps just to see what they can do... and they just got owned by disciples, as well as my explorer going down with them. I am really sick of China all around, and I really don't like this kid typing GG when he knows it is not a GG.

So I start to send my sett wagons to hide near the map border to collect some wood. I make an outpost just in time for it to save a shipment as my TC falls. My two Uhlans show up I don't rejoice because its not really worth much, but I decide to try to stick this game out as long as I can. I throw down a dock and build a Caravel. I load all my settler into the caravel and delete the dock. I drop the settlers on the spit of land lining the left side of the map. They all go to wood. I use my two Uhlans to go revive my explorer YAY no one around! My explorer runs to the sea and hops on the Caravel, but the two brave Uhlans weren't lucky enough to make it as they covered there leaders retreat. My explorer lands on the coast right near my settlers and he builds a TC near the coast (then again on that tiny bit of land all of it is near the coast). I use some of my villies to gather food and the sett wagons go to gold till 1k. All the while I suspect he doesn't know I am on the island.

I age up. I actually make it to age three! I might have a shot if I can line the coast with Culverins... I mass some gold and wood and build an artillery foundry and line the coast with towers. I get my foundry up quick enough and build up some culvs. Just then his boats arrived and the culvs owned them. I build two more Tc's upgrade my outposts and mass more culvs, as well as building and arsenal to upgrade building attack vs ships. He keeps trying to land but my defenses are too strong. I have finally exhausted all the gold and food on the island and build up some mills and plantations, with Germantown farmers card sent I start to make more sett wagons. I get my settler count to 40 and my sett wagon count to 20 and I keep making more culvs, luckily I had Palentine Settlements in my deck so my houses don't take up to much space and cost less wood to make max pop.

Then he lands. He lands right in the middle of piece of land right near my mills and plants. I haven't made an army at all yet I just have the free Uhlans a ton of culvs and my explorer. I panic and click my TC's and make the minutemen from each and garrison 10 settlers in each TC. So with the Uhlans upgraded to vet status, the minutemen, three TC fire and most likely 3 towers within range I beat back his attack. I toss up a few rax and make just a small amount of skirms. Then I age to industrial, which he is already in and is using minotaurs to take out my towers, but with sett wagons I rebuild them quick enough, the culvs that died during the attack are replaced by mortars, which as luck would have it can reach all the way to a few of his buildings. BAM three docks and two castles down.

After a few more attempts by him to reach my island I start taunting... things like "Remember that time you GG, AHHH HA HA HA HA" he doesn't respond. Finally he lands in my northern most point, as spot I knew was weak, but did nothing about. He as villies with him and puts up a war acedemy and starts massing units. So I just mass right back first a mix of Uhlans and skirms, he beats them, then just Uhlans, again he beats them (I know China's anti-cav sucks but in this narrow bit of land only 5 can reach the front while the rest are shot at), so then I just send massed guard dopps at him and finally disband his army. He then says "That was really gay, you should have lost" I say "China is really LAME, you should never win" He quicks

BOOYA another China lamer down.

What is a person? and what does it mean to be human?
As_Saffah
Scenario Reviewer
posted 02-02-08 02:05 AM EDT (US)     5 / 804       
This one time I was queued up for a 3v3 and just as the game started, I had to go to the toilet like RIGHT THEN... I took my laptop in the toilet and continued playing. It took me 10 minutes to get to fortress but my warchief managed to intercept and kill a fort wagon the opp had unwisely sent to his forward tower.

(Yes, I washed my hands before resuming the game.)

Crunkatog on ESO
Bart331 balance suggestion: aztec: remove civ
Voltiguer: Ender, Sioux in 1.04 will be a top civ, no matter how many layers of Sioux goggles you put on
schildpad on Elephants: ...their mansabdar unit sucks so hard it looks like a black hole
Crunkatog on Steam.
sneaky_squirrel
Skirmisher
posted 02-02-08 08:36 PM EDT (US)     6 / 804       
Lucky you and your laptop, I barely play rated games thanks to my mom asking for favors, whcih I cannot deny cause I don't wanna ruin my good boy reputation (I am really young, Underaged) and never get grounded for extreme reason.

Back on Topic, I haven't had any good stories, but this comment served as a good bump :P .

The Gods have left us, therefore making the old world crumble and turn into ashes...

But as the gods return, from the ashes of the old world, shall rise a more beautiful and powerful new world, and life will begin once more, if they hadn't closed...dang you ES.
Lord Berminator
Skirmisher
posted 02-03-08 02:44 PM EDT (US)     7 / 804       
Lol squirrel I can relate, my damn mom always makes be do a load of crap (edited for content) too.

Anyway. back to topic. That was a sub-conversation. Stories, anyone?

Scenarios: Worldmap Series I: North America, Worldmap Series II: Caribbean, The Wasteland

[This message has been edited by Myll_Erik (edited 02-03-2008 @ 03:44 PM).]

Myll_Erik
Seraph Emeritus
posted 02-03-08 03:45 PM EDT (US)     8 / 804       
Stickied, and I'll newsie once I get home.

Keep the stories coming, and remember if you can to post a recorded game of the story - that way people can read the story then watch the game!

Veni, Vidi, Vici
Trample the Weak - Hurdle the Dead!
"It's kind of a...persnickety magic." Atzy
End of Nations!
End of Nations Community Manager
blade5
Skirmisher
posted 02-03-08 07:34 PM EDT (US)     9 / 804       
Ok first I find the guy who said china lamer down was funny. But I don't think you should have taunted I hate people who do that. I also don't like people who say gg when the games not over. So I would be glad I won if I was you but taunting the other player is rediculous I hate people who do taht. now on to topic.

My War Story:

ok was a 2v2 Me (blade55555, tankdestroyer) verse ProteusPrime and Imortal_Werewolf. Map was Andes.

It was Me as China, Tank as Brits, Proteus as Germans, and Werewolf as Russians. The German does a very unique rush that threw us both off guard. He went pure mercs early game. The Russian also went cav. now early on we get a big rush to meet us. We figured the game was going to end because lots of cav, lots of mercs no way we can live. Well luckily that Russian with the cav retreated when she saw 6 pikes... The german also retreated had they kept pushing their attack it would have been game over. They attack again, retreat. So my ally tank maxes out towers at the entrance. They attack again we hold it back. Then they attack later when we have fully upgraded towers which we easily holded back. We end up pushing them back and ended up winning the game. Was a very good game in my opinion was very fun and was sweet how we ended up winning. Flame me all you want sense I used china I don't care i don't lame them like everyone else (I made SOME hand mortars and no disciples).

THE RECORDING IS http://aoe3.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=1773

Comments would be nice.
Lord Berminator
Skirmisher
posted 02-03-08 10:47 PM EDT (US)     10 / 804       
I respect you for not laming China, mate.

Any others?

Colonel_UGMO
Veteran Musketeer (Content Contributor)
posted 02-04-08 04:56 AM EDT (US)     11 / 804       
Here are a few

1.A 1v1 FFA practice verse a captain. I was Dutch and he was India. The game started pretty normally when I got colonial my first card was 8 pike. When they arrived I notice my opponent hadn't aged so I sent them towards his base. They'd only walk about a screen away from my base when I came across a villager building Agra fort near my base. When I attacked he resigned.

2.This story is further proof that China is OP.
It was my first time playing China so I did a comp stomp for xp. It was 5v3 but everyone else was conscripts/privates. When the game started the other four people all said 'you defend i will boom.' So I went colonial with the disciple wonder (i swear i was using them for treasures only) Around mid colonial the 3 comps attack someones base. They start flaming me about why im not defending them. So I send some old han and flamthrowers and kill all three expert comp armies. The other pple age to fortress and the comp starts attacking me.I hold him off for a while and one ally starts helping me with upgraded strelets but i start falling back. Then I run out of res so I resort to using disciples. I attack the comp armies with my monk and a lot of disciples. They do ridiculously well wiping out most of the army. But them they bring in falcs and kill me. I watch on and everybody else die cause they have no army.
It is insane that china should be able to hold of 3x Expert comp armies.

3.2v2 on Indochina.
I was Dutch and was teamed with a corporal who was Brits. We were against 2 master sergs. They wall off both passages and I break through one with pikes/grenadiers and skirms. My friend sends 12+ Hussar through the breach and runs behind one base. They send both armies to attack mine and I manage to defeat them with superior micro. I destroy their FB's while my ally kills vills with his hussar. I pull my army back to one crossing and my ally walls of one and I build more barracks in between the two crossings. I got fortress. They start attacking through the unwalled shallows and we hold them off. I build falcs and halberds and begin pushing them back. They start attacking the walled crossing so i send my troops their while my ally holds the other. My ally was pushed back to his FB so I built sent some Fluyts and send them up the river and massacre their armies with my halbs/falcs. Then they both say 'you dirty cheater' and 'wtf is with ships. not cool' then they resign.

ESO NAME: UGMO
I AM USING: TAD
I AM PLAYING: The Aztecs, British and Russians
.oO James246: Well, you wouldn't be able to sigg any dumb things I say, because I don't say them. :P Oo.
As_Saffah
Scenario Reviewer
posted 02-04-08 09:47 AM EDT (US)     12 / 804       
It is insane that china should be able to hold of 3x Expert comp armies.
Truth. I was building up a China HC and playing 4v4 compstomps with TyBalt. It always seems like whenever we're on a compstomp together, everyone else resigns or lags out so it's always 2v4. Once I was playing China when this happened and managed to fend off 4 expert Imperial comps with my Fortress-age Chinese armies and pack of disciples for about 3 or 4 consecutive waves of attacks while TyBalt rebuilt and aged up.

@ warship whiners on rush maps: All is fair in love and war. Unless the game title or rules specifically state NO WARSHIPS and you mutually agree on it, you better expect them.

Crunkatog on ESO
Voltiguer: Ender, Sioux in 1.04 will be a top civ, no matter how many layers of Sioux goggles you put on
schildpad on Elephants: ...their mansabdar unit sucks so hard it looks like a black hole
Crunkatog on Steam.
MightyFish
Skirmisher
posted 02-04-08 07:33 PM EDT (US)     13 / 804       
I like that, "Warship Whiners". I will be responding with "WW" next time I get the usual complaint.
Lord Berminator
Skirmisher
posted 02-04-08 08:43 PM EDT (US)     14 / 804       
A new online term as started........

As_Saffah
Scenario Reviewer
posted 02-05-08 12:10 PM EDT (US)     15 / 804       
Nah...too easily confused with War Wagons

Just call them a lot of blighted landlubbers (before you kick them from your game).

And now a triple haiku:

Custom Gandalf map
Narrow pass in the middle
Can't wall it off - Sioux

Brit ally starts wall
Horde of xbows coming through
Can't micro in pass

Getting to fortress
Sneaking 12 Tashunkes through
into Purple's base

GG

Crunkatog on ESO
Crunkatog on Steam.
DevianMagnus
Skirmisher
posted 02-06-08 11:21 AM EDT (US)     16 / 804       
My LAN friends and I decided to have a party before we all went back to college, but unfortunately due to weather only 3 of us showed up. We decided to do a FFA. I was Russian and my friends were British and Ottoman. The map was California.

I beat off an early attack from Britain and then concentrated on booming. Unfortunately this process was constantly interrupted due to constant attacks from both players. Britain attacked with mass muskets, cannon, and petards, and Otto attacked with straight Abus. My strelet hordes beat back attack after attack (with help from suicide Cossacks) and I kept having to rebuild my forts (yea for Russians). I though for certain that I would be the first eliminated and considered resigning.

Eventually Ottos decided to attack Britain, who fortunately didn't notice for quite a while. This stunted his eco, but his retaliation was massive. Ottos were almost severely damaged. I decided to finish the job and a squad of Opris finished him off.

And then there were 2. After defending against more attacks, I pushed forward during a gap in the fighting. Try as he might, Britain couldn't defend against my massive army of strelets constantly streaming out of my blockhouses. I destroyed all of his FB, and swept through his base.

Then came the last stand. He had both factories, a fort, 8 rockets and about 40 muskets tucked away in a corner. I decided it would be great fun to only use strelets against it. After he blew though 200 of them, I finally ended it with Cossacks.

So, 3 hours, 4000 strelets, and 23 forts later, I had my comeback victory. Definately the most fun I've ever had playing AoE.

My friends and I play like monkeys when we're together.
Catabre
BFME2H Replay Reviewer - Library Guildsman
posted 02-07-08 11:11 AM EDT (US)     17 / 804       
It was me (Germans) and Russian guy versus an Iro and a Dutch opponet. It was on Mongolia and he was closest to them. We were expecting the rush and built in his base waiting for the rush to come. As soon as it came we killed the first wave, but the second wave defeated us. As soon as my ally's TC was destroyed he resigned.

After that I decided to FF and spam Mercs, seeing as I can't do squat in Colonial. So I wall off my base build mercs and wait for the attack, it never comes! So I march over to the Dutch base and obliterate his army wih my Jaegers and Hackapells. After that the Iro player then comes in and I defeat his army too. I then ransack both of their bases.

After that it was me chasing them all around the map until they resigned which took another 30 minutes.

"Apparently, arguing for the right to do something no-one wants to do is the lifeblood of HG." - TaylorFlame

"Whatever happened, BFME2H did it better. No Exceptions." - EnemyofJupitor
Lord Berminator
Skirmisher
posted 02-07-08 06:35 PM EDT (US)     18 / 804       
Lol they were expecting you to go on the defensive, so they decided to boom I guess.

Musketboom
Skirmisher
posted 02-08-08 11:36 PM EDT (US)     19 / 804       
I just tried a French mirror.

In age 1, I did everything standard, moved my vill to his flank and chopped some wood there.

When I got to age 2, I made that vill build a barracks, I shipped 8 xbows and sent them to the rax along with the 5 muskets I made. I decided to go in and get him off guard. I went in, killed 2 Cour's but retreated because of skirmisher and TC fire. I sent my army to his other side, found his little guys choppin up a deer so I attacked them, and forced them to retreat. At that time, I moved my army back to his base thinking I could overwhelm him and his sucky micro. I killed some skirmishers, but still had to retreat because of the TC and minutemen and skirms.

I knew I was now outnumbered and he had skirms while i had xbows and a few remaining muskets. I decided to test France's flexibility by FF'ing as quick as I could by using the Exiled Prince (Fast age). As soon as I finished, his hussar/pike/skirmisher army marched in my base while my FB was making hussars, muskets and skirmies. I decided to leave his army alone and let my TC and MM deal with it. I went around again, and found his vills at the same exact hunts as before! I was amazed, I slaughtered them and he resigned after his last skirmie dropped to my TC.

Moral: Fight sucky micro'ers who don't even know that their eco is being raided.

[This message has been edited by musketboom (edited 02-08-2008 @ 11:38 PM).]

sneaky_squirrel
Skirmisher
posted 02-10-08 12:48 PM EDT (US)     20 / 804       
War Story

P1) (Me) : Russian
P2) (Him): Dutch

Guess who will win in each age.

Custom Game Setup (A Trap)

I was looking for a 1 vs 1 desperatly with Russia to gain more Lvl than just Sgt, suddenly I find the perfect game, a Mastr Sgt, in Great Plains and even Dutch (I consider them easy, until this horrid game of terror), I enter and say high, and slowly with precaution I clicked the ready button as if I were about to jump off a cliff trusting a single stranger that he would catch me.

The game started, and had a little pee in me, so I had to keep it in for who knows how long (Not seriously must go, lol).

Discovery (A Dark Age)

I as I normally do, I shoot hunt towars TC and scout map for all hutns waiting for die animation, get small treasures, send distributivism when I had enough XP, and when I get enough wood for a blockhouse Him(ELEK36) ages to colonial, I was barely starting to age with 800 food I had barely and built my blockhouse in middle of map ready to harrass.

My only chance to defeat him, it was a rated game by the way so I Had to Win to get to Master Sgt, I was Sgt Lvl 14.

So I had aged, sadly before aging my nearby hunt was scarce and I had to move my villies to his side forcefully which lost me a lot of food time, and started getting 10 strelets, queued 3 villies (1 Set, lol), and sent my five cossaks shipment.

Colonial (A Bloody Age)

Finally my cossaks and strelets arrive at my blockhouse at the same time, and I see no die animation in the entire map, so I tried to do the next best thing, try to flank(Get between) his probable miners from his mine to TC (Short Way) so they wouldn't be able to garrison, sadly I find five hussars, it was hard, he had already killed 2 of my cossaks before I could do anything, paralyzed in fear, I use my 3 cossaks as meatshield while my 10 strelets shoot hussars down, I killed 2 hussars, only one cossak made it alive with barely an HP.

I had already made 10 more strelets and 10 more in the making, while still queing a set of settlers, luckily I had minor map control, seeing as I controled the center with a single blockhouse, 3 houses and a stable (Luckily my strat supplies me with good amount of wood).

And I was already running low on food and hunts, so I ahd to make a second blockhouse near the 2 herds in my left and near a mine.

I had to send 700 food to maintain strelets production and 700 gold for cossaks, and hopefully an age up once I had reach his scored (If I had a chance, yeah right).

I had 15 settlers on food hunting, 7 on wood, and 6 in gold by then, they later turned into 10 gold miners.

I saw an opportunity light up, a death animation far form his base, I rusehdd 5 cossaks over there and there found an outpost, the villagers garrisoned as fast as I enetred his LOS, the opportunity was an actual message of doom, no more raiding posible.

I had 30 strelets and 5 cossaks a good fighting force, I got to raid, but I find 10 hussars, it was time to take action, I retreated with 17 strelets and 2 cossaks aproximatly, I started queueing muskets in both my blockhouses (Left Mining one and Center one), and I saw the score, it was paralyzing I had an actual lower score, I would never win If i failed this attack, so I had to micro like a man, I went with 27 strelets, 10 muskets and 5 cossaks I meanaged to get, this time he had a lot of hussars, skirmishers galore and his minutemen of death.

My army moved in, hussras aproached my front strelets, I send them back while muskets take their place, a sure doom for hussars, then strelets focus fire on skirmishers and minutemen, while my cossaks try to get around the battle to reach skirmishers, or even at least help muskets take on hussras, half my strelets were dead while his skirmishers still reigned, and my muskets were at eight and hussras still at three, it was my doom, cossaks appear to have reached skirmishers, letting strelets survive and shoot them down in time, hile muskets, five had barely made it, so I had a small army of five muskets, fifteen strelets and four cossaks, I had to reterat seeing as I had actually reached his score and even higher, I went to my FB waiting for reasources to finally age, and have a chance at defeating this booming, blood hungry player.

Suddenly, my gold reaches 1000 just as my food reaches 1100, I was desperate and waited with anticipation like a squirrel waiting for a bunch of nuts to fall off a bending branch of a tree of a neighboring squirrel's home.

Then I finally aged and chose 5 cossaks to maintain my Cav strong, seeing as he had spammed skirmishers.

Fortress (An Age of War)

I had finally aged with 2 shipments that had been stockpiled, I sent as fast as I could my 6 policemen and 6 cossaks as fast as I could.

Shortly I shipped a fort to make my FB untakeable for now.

I kept settlers queued and started making strelets from both my blockhouses, and I had also started building two Trading posts with my explorer with my overpiled amount of wood.

I made a sizeable army of 50 veteran strelets and 10 veteran cossak by the time my shipments had arrived, but he had already aged, my advantage had flown away all hope and hapiness like an origami paper that a loved one made for you being blown away in the brisky wind and in the middle of a lake, where a nearby fire spread into losing all hope of retrieving it.

I had upgraded by now the trading posts to trade cart to gaina resource boost, seeing as most shipments were useless, and for a little LOS of enemy preview and faster income.

I attacked with all I had and I saw a sizeable army of hussars, ruyters and skirmishers, so I had to rush back into my fortress, I started making three cavalry archers with the little I had in food, and a uselesss pile of 1100 gold, but suddenly, like if that origami came back intact, I had a message I had a new card I coudl send, so I saw my deck to make my choice, little hope had arised from the shadows, my only mercenary card, the one I thought would never have saved me was there, the manchurian archers, nine in fact, I quickly sent it to add it to my army.

It arrives as I had luckily outboomed him for a short while thanks to my never stop queueing settlers, with a sizeable economy and my army I had launched an attack, and as I manage to own everything he has, the ruyters outnumber my strelets and slowly push me back, luckily my manchus had survived with six of them.

Then I had sent my fast infantry card to be ablemto make my strelets almost half as faster.

Then I made strelets like never before I had to make even more houses, almost 200, and I had attack once more, my strelets barely match ruyters in number, but win in the end, but I had to retreat thanks to 5 outposts firing (Useless? Yeah right) and luckily I saw I had enough resources to age, I clicked it as soon as my batch of settlers was ready, I chose as bonus the 7 policemen.

Industrial (An Age of Hope)

As soon as I aged I sent my policemen to his still to be hutnign area, but I had to make that worth it, so I had to send my army before I could upgrade it.

I had seen two things that had made me hesitate like a cat having a dog in sight looking at him like a dog watching the juiciest steak of his life, one, there was a fort, second he had a hell lotta of an army, but as I hit n retreat to my own base little by little I manage to distract him as I watch my policemen own his tower while his villies were still gathering food, I managed to kill all of them when he finally realized.

I had also seen falconets in his army which made me reterat, I made an artillery foundry of my own as I had seen that I needed culverins thanks to his mass ruyters, I maanged tommake 2 while upgrading them to royale, destroying what was left of my wood for my strelets to be upgraded to guard level.

And meanwhile I had slowly gathered two factories in my Base, so I made culverins and attakc again from a little to the left since he had the fort, and I made a halfway wall thanks to him harrasing me with five hussras which I had later killed with my manchurians which were alreayd dead by now.

I amanged to kill everything, even his 5 falconets, one made it which got owned by my extra cossaks, I retreated and let his economy be destroyed slowly, while I retreat I start making 3 mortars and more strelets, cavalry archers and cossaks to protect mortars, then I had finally gotten 600 wood for my strelets to advance to guard level.

I finally launch my last attack, my small battalion of mortars, strelets, cavalry archers and cossaks against his entire rebuilt just in time army, with 2 cannons!

I was halfway destroying the fort when 50 ruyters aproach my mortars, I barely made it with strelet focus fire plus anti cavalry help to kill em quick (I know anti cav doesn't have bonus agaisnt light cavalry), the fort crumbles when my army was as weak as a butterfly, then I finally send my rebuilt army again agaisnt his little defenses.

I had finally won, I was in his town and everything, and he had reisgned then, nothign on the map as I viewed it, and when I went to postgame I had shocking news, I was doomed at the middle of the game (Early Colonial-Mid Fortress) and even more shocking news, in the game I had made 300 strelets.

If there is a war story contest this has got to win, all facts are true.

The Gods have left us, therefore making the old world crumble and turn into ashes...

But as the gods return, from the ashes of the old world, shall rise a more beautiful and powerful new world, and life will begin once more, if they hadn't closed...dang you ES.

[This message has been edited by sneaky_squirrel (edited 02-10-2008 @ 01:27 PM).]

Lord Berminator
Skirmisher
posted 02-10-08 01:59 PM EDT (US)     21 / 804       
That was the second best war story. I was on the edge of my seat man. But tyranitir's Earth story was the best, sorry

Anyway, me and Hydrovert were in a 5-p ffa the other day on Texas. I (blue) was Aztec, Hydro (yellow) was Russian, red and green I forgot what civs they were, and orange was japs.

So I'm the first to Colonial, I get my ownage army, I see orange still hasn't gotten to Colonial yet, but he's on the other side of the map. I march my army into his base just as he ages.

I dominate, but his monks escape, and when I try to pursue them I run into green's base, but orange still makes it out of green's base.

Orange's original town is in ruins, I pull
my army out. I begin running patrols across the map in search of orange. That was my biggest mistake, that dictated the entire game: I focused too much on finishing off orange, when I should have been getting a good eco.

I got to Fortress pretty late. Then, after ten minutes of searching, I find orange's new base to the north of me, built by a rescued cdb! Luckily he hasn't had time to build an army yet. I surround the base with 20 stealthy jag prowls, so I will see if any of his units escape. I bring my army in and it looks like orange has me his end, but then yellow Hydrovert, my loyal fellow Heavengamer buddy, attacks me with 30 Opris! My anti-cav beats him off, but a third of my town is down, and orange to my frustration has escaped me yet again.

I continue to look for orange's stray villys. Eventually I muster the resources to age to Industrial. Soon after reaching Industrial, however, yellow makes it to Imperial! During all this, red an green are booming away. Then I at last find orange's third base. I'm attacking oranges base, this time paying full attention, when yellow comes in once more to save orange! I am pissed by now, but it is hopeless for me to defeat yellow. Yellow is constantly raiding me with his opris, but I luckily have plenty of erks and jag prowls. In the end though, yellow is fed up and fort hops me.

I retreat to red, and he says he will take me in. But yellow has a massive army, and he break's through red's meatshield. Green then says he's going to help red defeat yellow. But it seems to be too late for me. When I have a 1 villy left being pursued by yellow's musks, I plead with yellow to show mercy. He has spies, by the way, so I cannot escape. He says that if I help him take green (red is dead), he will let me finish in second place. I start getting skulls together. Then, I see my opportunity-orange's monks walk right through my village! (which consists of five houses a warhut and a firepit) My monks stop dancing in the firepit, and chase after orange but they're too slow-then a miracle happens...they run right into one of yellows forts!

Orange gives his last word-"NOOOO!" and he dies. Green is almost dead. And I will come in second place. Yellow wins against green, then comes to finish me off. But my warriors are content. They have finally beaten orange, and that was their gamelong goal. The game ends.

Musketboom
Skirmisher
posted 02-10-08 03:32 PM EDT (US)     22 / 804       
my advantage had flown away all hope and hapiness like an origami paper that a loved one made for you being blown away in the brisky wind and in the middle of a lake, where a nearby fire spread into losing all hope of retrieving it.

I never knew you were so deep! *cries*
sneaky_squirrel
Skirmisher
posted 02-10-08 05:20 PM EDT (US)     23 / 804       
Thanks for compliment.

And lol I am not that deep, I just have a good imagination.

Lord Berminator
Skirmisher
posted 02-10-08 06:40 PM EDT (US)     24 / 804       
Lol. Back on topic, please. Mods should grant me powers to moderate this thread......

Catabre
BFME2H Replay Reviewer - Library Guildsman
posted 02-11-08 03:49 PM EDT (US)     25 / 804       
Ok, 3v3 my clan vs Catabre's clan.

I was japan, allies were brits and dutch.

Opponents: Otto, Spain, French.

This was a game where even 5 units could've made the difference.

Ok, map was rockies, I was going to yumi spam, brit was going to build grens (he was expierimenting) and dutch was going to build some skirms.

So early into colonial, I'm attacked by catabre's jan rush, and I end up defending myself by spliting my yumis into 2 groups.

Then the front of the battle has moved up to around our left chokepoint. All of the fb's were really close to each other and then we attack. Yumi+Gren defeats a few jans and a bunch of xbows. But then Catabre begins to build some abus, and for a while, gained control of the battle. The dutch finally came with around 15 skirms. But, purps forward foundry was near death because of spainish pikes and Catabres jans. So my allies and I march in, and easily, defeat them. We push them back, but not before they attack and destroy the foundry. So we were stalled for a couple minutes, but then we went in and easily defeated them.

Lesson: Always split archers into 2 groups, it helps a lot!
That was good game, close but good. If it wasn't Rockies I think that we might have one it. Our hunts gave out in the middle of the battle and as soon as our fb and armies were gone we knew there was no hope. Why? Because all the hunts and mines were in the center valley and we had no wood stockpiled for mills and plantations. Not to mention we weren't age 3 so we couldn't get plantations anyway.

Also mention the ranks. I was a Master Sarge, my mates were a Sarge and a Private. (we are all still the same ranks 2+ weeks later). Oranges was a sarge and his mates were a sarge and a Captain. GG though, it was still fun.

"Apparently, arguing for the right to do something no-one wants to do is the lifeblood of HG." - TaylorFlame

"Whatever happened, BFME2H did it better. No Exceptions." - EnemyofJupitor
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 33  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames