Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » War Stories Thread
Bottom
Topic Subject:War Stories Thread
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 18 19 20 21 22 ··· 30 ··· 33  Next Page »
Lord Berminator
Skirmisher
posted 02-01-08 10:45 PM EDT (US)         
Yep, here I go again.

Well, this one I lost, but it was fun. It was 1v1 on Ozarks, I was Russia opponent was Sioux. We both aged to Colonial around same time. Ironically, we eneded up trying to build fbs int the same spot, and he destroyed mine. Pretty soon he attacked me, the same time I attacked him. I killed of a few villys, but my army was small since my initial fb had been stopped. The Sioux player didn't take down my TC yet. But soon, his next wave took it down. My CM bought me time for my villys to run away.

So I start rebuilding to the south. I get up 3 blockhouses and begin spamming strelets. It was hilarious, you shoulda seen it. This guy goes back to his base after taking my TC. I get strelets coming in at him from all sides, and he never knows where I am going to strike next. Its all hit an run. I constrict his villys into his town, weakening his eco. I snipe at a few villys, then retreat. And the funny thing is I'm attacking from 3 places at once, so he hardly ever caches me. I do this for at least 20 minutes after he took down my TC. He says to me, "You are the most annoying person I have ever played." I just laugh.

Eventually he masses and army large enough to defend and attack my weak rebuild at the same time. I may have lost, but it was great fun, and it was excellent micro practice.

I WANT YOU to post your stories now!! Participate, people!

Scenarios: Worldmap Series I: North America, Worldmap Series II: Caribbean, The Wasteland

Editor of: Orissa, Kill the Sun, Bathe in Hate

Current Projects: Fog of War, Island Hopping

[This message has been edited by Lord Berminator (edited 12-18-2010 @ 01:16 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
ImperialLobster
Skirmisher
posted 05-03-09 03:24 PM EDT (US)     476 / 804       
rifle riders might be girls. just cos they have no tops.... they might be nudists!

KEEP
CALM
AND
CARRY
ON
≤≤≤≤≤See my YouTube channel for some crazy pointless crap!≥≥≥≥≥
Emperor_Kyle
Skirmisher
posted 05-03-09 03:59 PM EDT (US)     477 / 804       
Or they could be women in disguise. Deborah Sampson, anyone?

BTW, I just played a FFA battle where my most-used unit was Fang The Tame Coyote. Improved Warchief FTW.

ESO2: Kyle_The_Brave
Clan: Proud Officer of Trỉρℓε ΣņτễηţϠ, [TΣ]

"Why make your own inspirational quotes when you can just read the side of O_Man's Ssips juices?" - A wise prophet
"The best way to die is to spontaneously combust during a drum solo battle with Lars Ulrich" - The Blair

[This message has been edited by Emperor_Kyle (edited 05-03-2009 @ 04:01 PM).]

Jeagle
Skirmisher
posted 05-04-09 00:58 AM EDT (US)     478 / 804       
^I like the pet polar bears more. :P

I played an awesome game theother day. I was rusians with a Dutch vs a Dutch and French. I was caught by suprise when the French guy and Dutch rushed with a bunch of musks and skirms. I had thought they were going to boom so I got killed but relocated with almost all my vills and built another tc. Luckily, both forgot to fish (on yucatan or something) and I had boats on all the whales on my side, so I put most of my vile on food. We fended off some attacks the dutch making skirms and French calvalry. The battle seesawed but was in our favor. I raided a bit w/ opris killing some vills and some ungairded banks. He masked skirms so I used my instant infantry to overwhelm him with strelets(i was to lazy to build cav, and it was funny watching 150 strelets pour into his base, and because of my good Eco more kept coming). I had 2 blckhouses outside his base and I made as many strelets as possible, and his tc finally fell to the 100 strelets seiging it. I was about to attack the next guy but tyen I had to go. I'm looking forward to a rematch.
Emperor_Kyle
Skirmisher
posted 05-04-09 07:24 PM EDT (US)     479 / 804       
They're not trainable, though. And it's pretty hard to find polar bears on Deccan.

"Why make your own inspirational quotes when you can just read the side of O_Man's Ssips juices?" - A wise prophet
"The best way to die is to spontaneously combust during a drum solo battle with Lars Ulrich" - The Blair
ImperialLobster
Skirmisher
posted 05-05-09 02:17 AM EDT (US)     480 / 804       
The arctic circle should be one of the maps in aoe empires 3. imagine it, wild polar bears and ice that collapses under your feet. and if u build too many factories, the ice melts! Poor polar bears!
i hope none of you lot are greenies!

KEEP
CALM
AND
CARRY
ON
CrazyLunatic
Veteran Musketeer
posted 05-05-09 02:32 AM EDT (US)     481 / 804       
russia's polar explorer card should give a polar bear lol

QUACK
MannisEi
Skirmisher
posted 05-05-09 02:56 AM EDT (US)     482 / 804       
The dog is sometimes called polar bear lol

O o
/Ż/___________________________ _ __/
| ITS OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAND!!!
\_\ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ Ż ŻŻ
Emperor_Kyle
Skirmisher
posted 05-05-09 07:02 AM EDT (US)     483 / 804       
Ice that breaks? Ugh, don't put random events in an RTS please. XD

ImperialLobster
Skirmisher
posted 05-05-09 07:27 AM EDT (US)     484 / 804       
your face is a random event!
no thats not nice...
but i do think random happenings are good on maps but a little unfair...
u have your base on one side of the map and enemy on other, suddenly half your base sinks underwater. a bit unfair.

KEEP
CALM
AND
CARRY
ON
MannisEi
Skirmisher
posted 05-05-09 09:48 AM EDT (US)     485 / 804       
Ice that breaks? Ugh, don't put random events in an RTS please. XD

Company of Heroes...?

Ok so, I have been using this british 21 muskets at 6:30 rush lately and i have noticed it is especially devastating in team games.
I have a good friend of mine that I play with allways and we have a good team play so we win a lot. My wins are like 23 wins out of 26 and he plays more 1v1 that me so he has like 31 wins out of 42. So, today in a game we were called smurfs, hackers, homosexuals, noobs and lamers because we had so high win rate.
We tried to explain that we play a lot together so we win a lot but they didnt listen. They had been whining the whole game and when our rush hit at 6:40 around they both go completely nuts and other of them actaually asked for our main account name. They couldn't do anything about our rush and that kinda confuses me since they were master serg and 2nd lieutnant.
So, the moral of the story? Well, not really a moral, but is it uncommon to have win rates such as ours? So uncommon you get called hackers?

O o
/Ż/___________________________ _ __/
| ITS OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAND!!!
\_\ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ Ż ŻŻ
CrazyLunatic
Veteran Musketeer
posted 05-05-09 01:34 PM EDT (US)     486 / 804       
a win rate of 23/26 usually(not always as in your case) means that the account is a smurf or that they noob bash so that's probably why your opponents made a fuss

QUACK
Timerover
Skirmisher
posted 05-05-09 04:30 PM EDT (US)     487 / 804       
historical reference hmmm... i have no idea but i'm pretty sure timerover will know :P
Thank you for your vote of confidence, Crazy. The resemblance is to an incident in Tiananmen Square protests of 1989, where a Chinese student stood in front of a column of tanks and stopped them from advancing. A few days later, fresh army units were brought in from elsewhere in China, and bloodily suppressed the protests.

See the following Wikipedia post. I will not vouch for its accuracy, as I checked in for the correct spelling. I believe that there are a couple of books out on the subject.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiananmen_Square_protests_of_1989

Nail to the mast her holy flag,
Set every threadbare sail,
And give her to the god of storms,
The lightning and the gale!
buggy123
Skirmisher
posted 05-05-09 11:17 PM EDT (US)     488 / 804       
odd...I lived in china for 6 years(half of my life) and I didn't get the reference lol

anyways...Time for a new chapter continuing from my previous post on pg.17

Chp 2: Fortress battle

Several days after the massacre of the our enemy forces by our Russian allies, things went smoothly. The Russians pushed them back and harassed their settlements in the area endlessly. Our colony quickly climbed in technology. We were promoted to veterans and handed better equipments. Soon a rumor begin spreading throughout the camp

"My god...did you see them?" Marcel whispered to me excitedly.

"What? Saw what?" I replied, puzzled.

Just then, the click clack of horseshoes made me turn around. Shocked, I beheld the jaw-dropping sight before me. Platoons of heavily armored and brightly decorated Cuirassiers marched pass. Both men and horse were huge, easily towering above our heads. I had to shield my eyes as the glares of light reflecting off their armor hit my face.

"Attention!" barked Lt.Jacque and we scrambled up and saluted.

"The Russians are unsatisfied and request that we attack at once. High command has given clearance and we are to proceed at once."

The soldiers greeted this with cheers which turned you into grumbling as the toll of several hours of marching under the blazing sun sapped out strength.

Then, the faint distant screams and gunshots were audible. We proceeded at a quicker pace, adrenaline pumping through our veins. The battle horn sounded.

"RAHHHHH" With a yell, the Cuirassier regiments rushed towards the enemy. Crossbows and longbows fell like ants before a fire. The Germans and British quickly surrendered after seeing the defeat of their military.

Story end

I seriously didn't want to write towards the end...so I fast forwarded it. After my partner drove back the crossbows and longbows he constantly raided them. I got 700 gold shipped in and quickly aged, set up a stable, shipped 3 cuirassiers and made 5 locally. then I shipped in 8 skirms and attacked with 8 cuirass/13 skirm/11 half-dead vet musks will my partner massed stretlets/musks. 8 cuirassiers made quick work of the 40ish lb/xbow(they didn't micro much). By the time he had dopples out we took out most of their RI and our skirms/musks/stretlet turned the dopples into Swiss cheese. German resigned after my we took down their 3 rax+outpost and british surrendered as well
Timerover
Skirmisher
posted 05-05-09 11:36 PM EDT (US)     489 / 804       
Since you are apparently 12, Buggy, I can understand why you would miss the reference, since the events happens 6 years prior to your being born, and any history of dissent is not widely mentioned in China. Since I am 57, as for as I am concerned, the events are quite recent.

Nail to the mast her holy flag,
Set every threadbare sail,
And give her to the god of storms,
The lightning and the gale!
Jeagle
Skirmisher
posted 05-06-09 00:22 AM EDT (US)     490 / 804       
I'm twelve :P
buggy123
Skirmisher
posted 05-06-09 01:12 AM EDT (US)     491 / 804       
Well I was aware that their were protests in the Tian An Men square cuz my parents use talk about how they would skip school to participate in the movement. However I never realized that the one student who stood in front of a tank was such a huge event
Droideka_11
Skirmisher
posted 05-06-09 01:42 AM EDT (US)     492 / 804       
Nice avatar buggy

"Rot's given a free pass simply because he's Rot." - theferret
ImperialLobster
Skirmisher
posted 05-06-09 02:21 AM EDT (US)     493 / 804       
two anime fans unite
how romantic

KEEP
CALM
AND
CARRY
ON
buggy123
Skirmisher
posted 05-06-09 06:14 PM EDT (US)     494 / 804       
*cough* It's OTAKU OK? gawd...people are so ignorant these days

lol jk. I'm just really into manga/anime.
Emperor_Kyle
Skirmisher
posted 05-06-09 06:35 PM EDT (US)     495 / 804       
I used to like it bit, but I only watched/read the mainstream stuff. I cancelled my subscription to Shonen Jump magazine a few weeks ago.

Anyways, me and O_Man are perfecting evil strategies to unleash upon the world. ESO2 will bow before the power of the SOP.

ImperialLobster
Skirmisher
posted 05-07-09 02:09 AM EDT (US)     496 / 804       
the sop?
sounds a bit pathetic if u dont say S.O.P.
excuse me for my bluntness

KEEP
CALM
AND
CARRY
ON
CrazyLunatic
Veteran Musketeer
posted 05-07-09 03:05 AM EDT (US)     497 / 804       
I used to like it bit, but I only watched/read the mainstream stuff. I cancelled my subscription to Shonen Jump magazine a few weeks ago.

Anyways, me and O_Man are perfecting evil strategies to unleash upon the world. ESO2 will bow before the power of the SOP.
what's SOP?

Droideka and i have some pretty nice nilla strats

QUACK
Emperor_Kyle
Skirmisher
posted 05-07-09 07:07 AM EDT (US)     498 / 804       
Shield Of Pasarath. It's an inside joke.

And it definitely does not include throwing calculators at the enemy.

CrazyLunatic
Veteran Musketeer
posted 05-07-09 12:14 PM EDT (US)     499 / 804       
the TOD> SOP for sure. You know the TOD right?

QUACK
Droideka_11
Skirmisher
posted 05-07-09 02:10 PM EDT (US)     500 / 804       
the TOD> SOP for sure. You know the TOD right?
What's the TOD?

"Rot's given a free pass simply because he's Rot." - theferret
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 18 19 20 21 22 ··· 30 ··· 33  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames