Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » War Stories Thread
Bottom
Topic Subject:War Stories Thread
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 16 17 18 19 20 ··· 30 ··· 33  Next Page »
Lord Berminator
Skirmisher
posted 02-01-08 10:45 PM EDT (US)         
Yep, here I go again.

Well, this one I lost, but it was fun. It was 1v1 on Ozarks, I was Russia opponent was Sioux. We both aged to Colonial around same time. Ironically, we eneded up trying to build fbs int the same spot, and he destroyed mine. Pretty soon he attacked me, the same time I attacked him. I killed of a few villys, but my army was small since my initial fb had been stopped. The Sioux player didn't take down my TC yet. But soon, his next wave took it down. My CM bought me time for my villys to run away.

So I start rebuilding to the south. I get up 3 blockhouses and begin spamming strelets. It was hilarious, you shoulda seen it. This guy goes back to his base after taking my TC. I get strelets coming in at him from all sides, and he never knows where I am going to strike next. Its all hit an run. I constrict his villys into his town, weakening his eco. I snipe at a few villys, then retreat. And the funny thing is I'm attacking from 3 places at once, so he hardly ever caches me. I do this for at least 20 minutes after he took down my TC. He says to me, "You are the most annoying person I have ever played." I just laugh.

Eventually he masses and army large enough to defend and attack my weak rebuild at the same time. I may have lost, but it was great fun, and it was excellent micro practice.

I WANT YOU to post your stories now!! Participate, people!

Scenarios: Worldmap Series I: North America, Worldmap Series II: Caribbean, The Wasteland

Editor of: Orissa, Kill the Sun, Bathe in Hate

Current Projects: Fog of War, Island Hopping

[This message has been edited by Lord Berminator (edited 12-18-2010 @ 01:16 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
Lord Berminator
Skirmisher
posted 04-15-09 05:01 PM EDT (US)     426 / 804       
LOL Saffah your right!
And Mannis, nice game and all but did you really need spies to find two defeated people on a small-ish map?

Scenarios: Worldmap Series I: North America, Worldmap Series II: Caribbean, The Wasteland

MannisEi
Skirmisher
posted 04-16-09 04:23 AM EDT (US)     427 / 804       
Maybe not but I didnt bother to.

O o
/Ż/___________________________ _ __/
| ITS OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAND!!!
\_\ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ Ż ŻŻ
ThorsAngel
Skirmisher
posted 04-16-09 10:11 AM EDT (US)     428 / 804       
This is a story of the power of player scores xD

So, as usual I quick searched a game on 'nilla as ports. I'm a 1st lieut so I'm thinking I'll get a rusher as usual. As luck would have it I do, playing a 2nd lieut Russian.

The game starts off as usual in Yucatan. This is great for me as I have my deck loaded with Schooners and Caravel cards, but something tells me not to go sea eco boom. I decide to brush up on my micro and go out for a FF turtle. I first send my 300 wood card, since after i age i want to immediately pump out 5 hussars from a stable and an extra house ( might set my FF back but it's necessary to beat rushers eco ). I also have my explorer find all the huntables on the map, so i can eat his villies up . After about 4 minutes, I hit colonial, 30 seconds after my opponent did. Fearing the imminent rush, I set up my 2nd TC a few paces from my 1st and send Colonial Militia. As luck would have it, my 2nd TC was right inbetween TWO gold mines ( score! instant garrison FTW ). I also pump out my stables, and Q up a hussar. As luck would have it, my 2nd TC was also very close to a herd, so I micro that on over. Now i'm pumping villies on gold and food to get those 5 hussars ( which i do xD!, a little before his first rush, and i send my hussars running to his base )

Now comes his rush. I expected quite a few strets and cossacks, sicne he took so long. I was right. 35 strets and 9 cossacks. I was afraid of this, and i KNEW he would shut down my eco if i didn't do something soon. Luckily i made sure i sent 4 villies elsewhere so i can keep villie production up ( he never finds my villies in this match, but i find his! Plus, i pump out 3 villies into my TC's when he rushes xD!). As he's assaulting my stable, i garrison 8 villies in each TC, leaving the others to collect and what not ( 8 villies in a tc 1 shot strets with colonial militia ). He ignores my villies and beelines for my stables. He's successful in taking down my stable and one of my houses, but suffers the loss of all but 7 strets and 2 cossacks ( i lose two villies QQ, and i am in dire need of population room ). Luckily for me, while this is happening, I was raiding his hunting villies and managed to steal away 4 of em. It's at this time my opponent starts pumping muskets to cover his villies. My raiding ends there, but my hussars stay on standby close to his base, waiting for a golden opportunity.

It's at this time i decide to hurry the hell up to Fort. Since my 4 hunting villies were out there eating herds, i was able to keep nonstop production of villies during his rush. I pump all my villies on the 2nd last close herd and my gold mines( there's another one a stones throw away, but a little too far so i threw up an outpost next to it )I quickly send 700 food and 700 gold, and age up with cassadors. Im low on wood as well, and another rush is immiment, so I put all villies on wood . After about 40 seconds, i throw up a market, 2 house and a stables. Although i have less than 200 food and a little over 300 gold, i felt these buildings were absolutley necessary.

The end game is almost here, and he rushes one last time. More stretlets, a few cossacks and all his muskets. My golden opportunity shines on me. Right when he attacks my base, i throw my ( still alive ) 5 hussars into his hunting villies, killing 4 of them and losing a hussar. I call my 4 villies not in my base to gather wood and build an outpost next to another group of hunts ( safety first right? ). At this time, i'm halfway to fort, with above 400 gold and 300 food. My tc's are coming down, already my 2nd one is more than halfway down. I sell all my wood and buy enough for 400 food and i pump out my minutemen. The minmute men succeed in chasing off the muskets, while my TC's 1 shot the strets. While this is happening, i quickly make sure my HC shipments go to my remote outpost >. i set up my TC in a fresh location and begin pumping out villies. My military relies on my cards, so i send more cassies and 5 dragoons. I also pump out 5 more hussars. My eco is pretty depleted, few hunts are left and i've only got a 2nd shipment of cassies left. Luckily for me, the russian resigns xD a little after my age up.

I talked with him after and told him i really didn't have a military ready when he resigned. He continues on saying he resigned since i was beatign his score by over 110 points xD

Hope this looks okay, 1st war story and I'm pretty sure i did something wrong D:, neway it was one of my more appealing matches xD

Thorsangel - 'Nilla Port player, come have some turtle soup >
Droideka_11
Skirmisher
posted 04-16-09 10:47 AM EDT (US)     429 / 804       
Nice war story Thor, was fun to read.

Welcome to the forums btw.

"Rot's given a free pass simply because he's Rot." - theferret

[This message has been edited by Droideka_11 (edited 04-16-2009 @ 10:50 AM).]

As_Saffah
Scenario Reviewer
posted 04-16-09 11:05 AM EDT (US)     430 / 804       
Nice work against OP russia. And you didn't even touch the water.

Crunkatog on ESO
Bart331 balance suggestion: aztec: remove civ
Voltiguer: Ender, Sioux in 1.04 will be a top civ, no matter how many layers of Sioux goggles you put on
schildpad on Elephants: ...their mansabdar unit sucks so hard it looks like a black hole
Crunkatog on Steam.
MannisEi
Skirmisher
posted 04-16-09 12:09 PM EDT (US)     431 / 804       
Nice story Thor, reminds me of a game where my rush had all-out failed, his score was like billion times better that mine, i go like "Ok last suicide attack then i resign". He resigned first o.O

O o

[This message has been edited by MannisEi (edited 04-16-2009 @ 12:10 PM).]

ThorsAngel
Skirmisher
posted 04-16-09 04:02 PM EDT (US)     432 / 804       
Much appreciated! It was one of my more favored matches xD!

Lord Berminator
Skirmisher
posted 04-16-09 05:54 PM EDT (US)     433 / 804       
"As luck would have it," your war story was good =P
Ya might not wanna use that four times in one post haha
But yeah welcome to the forums!!! =D Post in this forum a lot, thatll make Bermy happy

ThorsAngel
Skirmisher
posted 04-16-09 09:40 PM EDT (US)     434 / 804       
I'm just a sucker for cliched lines ( is it cliched? why not. ) Need to play a few games, get some more stories!

Emperor_Kyle
Skirmisher
posted 04-16-09 09:53 PM EDT (US)     435 / 804       
I played a fun FFA last night, but I had to leave 25 minutes in. I decided to go out with a bang by laying outposts across the map to ship uhlans to various places to occupy and distract people while my speedy doppels ran around destroying things.

ESO2: Kyle_The_Brave
Clan: Proud Officer of Trỉρℓε ΣņτễηţϠ, [TΣ]

"Why make your own inspirational quotes when you can just read the side of O_Man's Ssips juices?" - A wise prophet
"The best way to die is to spontaneously combust during a drum solo battle with Lars Ulrich" - The Blair
CrazyLunatic
Veteran Musketeer
posted 04-16-09 09:58 PM EDT (US)     436 / 804       
Talking about making words/pictures with walls...

Wall words

QUACK
Droideka_11
Skirmisher
posted 04-16-09 10:05 PM EDT (US)     437 / 804       
Lol lunatic that's funny.

You're really milking this whole "no mods" era aren't you?

"Rot's given a free pass simply because he's Rot." - theferret
ThorsAngel
Skirmisher
posted 04-17-09 00:16 AM EDT (US)     438 / 804       
Lol! Just got out of a fun 2v2. It was an hour long so it's hard to go into details. But long posts are fun. Enjoy my massive MASSIVE wall of text.

SO! Me and my clanmate Paw ( Brit player ) taking on two random peeps. Paw's good, and my opponents are a Brit Otto combo, while we are a Port (me ) Brit combo. The map is Great plains, so i expect otto rush and LongBow rush.

SO, before the game starts, Paw and i decide to go hussars in colonial for massive raiding, and that he'd hide his base so they would rush me instead (worked too xD).

1st Stage! Under 4:00 minutes xD
First, paw pings his 2nd base. As is tradition, i scout it with my Explorer thoroughly. After that, i find all the hunts with my explorer. Nothing significant happens and Paw and I both age up first.

2nd stage! 4-7 minutes D:
Cards sent by me: 300 wood ( stables xD ) and Colonial Militia

At this point im trying to boom up to Fort and Paw's pumping out alot of hussars ( thank god )

Boom, here come stables. We both pump stables and throw out 5 hussars each. It's raiding time >. I thought they would FB, so no cover from muskets/Janns/ or pikes at homebase. I was right xD! Paw takes the brits and puts away 6 villies, while i manage to scrape together 3 from the Otto. Things are starting good, and there hasn't been a rush yet. I'm worrying, and expecting the worst ( and that's what i get )

3rs Stage 7 - 18 minutes

More raiding, but the Brit had pikes now, making raiding very difficult >.<! but then....

The otto shows up first
over 30 janissaries and a few abus guns, the brit with a little more than 30 Longbows. I KNOW i'm in it deep. With more than 30 vills, 2 TC's and only 5 hussars, i'm thinking I'm in for it.

So their little seige begins. I garrison all my villies except for 6 ( as is customary in most of my games xD ) and send them hunting. ( at this point im sitting on 1k food and 1k gold xD! ) TC fire focuses on Janissaries first. Damage is heavy for the Otto, and the seige rages on. I hit the fortress age up with 6 cassies and scroll over...

Meanwhile.....

5 hussars. Nothing to do, raiding time. Thank the lord that the otto was so preoccupied with watching two buildings sit still. He never noticed 5 hussars kill 13 freaking villagers at his goldmine. they just SAT THERE, dying, hunting vills too >. (I don't think he had any but 3 left when i was done). Brit's turn. The same thing, completely unattended gold villies suffered all losses. Managed to kill all of them while his 4 pikes at home slowly killed my last hussars ( my fault, they got stuck and i got bored microing them )

Meanwhile....

Did i mention Paw loves hussars? So much that i don't even notice his 24 hussars run over all the Lbows. Win. Win Win win. SADLY though, Paw tries the same thing with the janissaries. Yea... Ya know... So 24 dead hussars, 15 janissaries left and a TC with... oh shi- 500 HP left. Life is not good. I look for Minute men and sigh. Not enough gold for even the 150 MM, Paw starts telling me he's cranking out a boatload more ( he's got 3 stables up, the little sneak ). SO, worst case scenario happens. I hit fortress AS the rush is happening. Wanna know what's lucky? 6 cassadors and a TC that appeared at a remote outpost. God i love outposts. So i set up the Tc and march the cassies over. I lose 7 vills in the process, as the Otto player reinforces his rush. Luckily, Paw's back with 10 more hussars. The janissaries fall to cassies, hussars and some CM TC fire.

The rush is over, it's almost GG. I hit fortress. I lost a tc, yea, but hell that won't keep me down. I start Cranking vills on wood ASAP and send all my pent up cards. 9 Dragoons and 9 more Cassadors, not too bad. Its back to raiding.

4th stage! 18 - 34 mins.

This is where it gets kinda iffy. I dunno what my opponents
were thinking, but they seriously left a port and a Brit alone. For over 10 mins >.<! This is probably due to Uber dragoons owning pikes. Bump and running destroyed the pikes protecting Brit's Eco, and i was able to raid away. No noticeable losses in Brits eco, but enough to keep him occupied. Now its booming time. To keep this short, i send a card. A fort card. 2 TC's and a fort in a triangle, pls see Tower Of Power in Nilla Strat guides, it's SICK. I then get to industrial ( 1k food crates aren't THAT bad xD! ).

5th Stage 34 - 1 hour.

LONG LONG game, no joke. Paw's in industrial with me, my opponents struggling in fortress. The brit gets to industrial to our dismay. Paw and I group our factories together behind 3 layers of walls behind his base. He pumps rockets, i pump wood and gold. I set up 2 mills and with 3 TC's, nonstop pumping villies. Soon, i get to send ADV arsenal. I get my cassies and jinetes to Guard lvl, and then their 2nd attack.

Vet janissaries, redcoat muskets, and freaking falconets. Unlucky me. I use this chance to use my new card, and ship 5 mamelukes ( yayyy! ). Life is good, a little. With my dragoons and mamelukes ( and a few hussars i pumped out ), I manage to do away with many vills ( they still don't have that much protection, which is weird, since I've been raiding ALL GAME ). There attack comes. With excellent incite, i managed to throw up a wall and upgrade it before the attack. So now, janissaries and falcons are wailing on my wall. I'm in trouble right now. Paw doens't have a reliable military and All i have is, 15 cassies dragoons and some mamelukes. But, i do have tons of resources and a mighty reduction in cavalry training time ( 2nd age cavalry reduce and church upgrades FTW ). I instantly Q up 15 Cassies from my fort and 2 barracks, and spew out 15 dragoons in 5 seconds from 3 stables tucked in Paw's base. The falconets come down easily, but at the cost of most of my dragoons and my mamelukes. But i don't care, its about keeping them out of my mills. So, Knowing I'm going to get owned pretty soon, i research mercantilism and send advanced church. I got 30 seconds left before i can regain ground. I tell paw I'm getting owned pretty hard, and he says to just bear it ya pussy. He pings 6 rockets and 10 hussars next to the Brits base. Good times. So, the cassies come out and get mowed down ( they made oh glass >.<! ). So i seek a healthy alternative and start pumping muskets ( upgraded to guard lvl mind you ). The otto breaks through the wall and the brit shows up. 40 redcoats and more coming, i'm in trouble. 30 seconds passed, time to do some hurting. I have 3 Tc's, i lost one in colonial but managed to get one from age up to industrial. Time to fight back.

Church tech is here, Bebstoir Crossbowmen pls. 3 orders of Conscript Minutemen pls. 15 Dragoons pls. This cost me well of 4k resources, but they succeeded in a massive overwhelming instant attack. In less than 15 seconds I've got 80 units. No artillery, just infantry. FUN shoot out. I feel safe, and Paw's taking apart the Brits base. Then, paw tells me he needs to go, and that I'm on my own now xD!

So what would any guy do? Win the damn game that's what i do. I move 5 settlers up and put up 5 barracks and 3 stables next to the Otto's base. Brit;s still alive by a thread, and it's time i ended this. I first pump out 15 cassies and 10 muskets and move my Xbows to attack the Ottos. I move 20 hussars down the Ottos back door, only to be the luckiest guy ever. I find the Brits damn factories. I make a beeline and start attacking them. My hussars take one down, then they die form janissary fire. I pop out 20 ( muskets and Cassies be dying ) and go again. Success is mine. Brit's on his last leg, and attacks my FB with more muskets. Stuck between Janissaries and muskets, what's a guy to do? Make more damn muskets. I send the hussars to enemy villies, My Guerrio Muskets with all arsenel upgrades ( improves as well ) mow down Veteran Janissaries and Redcoats. Now it's just cleanning up fleeing victims. GG >

What's dumb is that i ended up with over 900 points, the 2nd closest being the brit at 200 point!! Long read and might be too boring, but i loved telling about it xD!

I lied i need to learn to link

[This message has been edited by ThorsAngel (edited 04-17-2009 @ 00:29 AM).]

DukeLeto
Skirmisher
posted 04-17-09 00:31 AM EDT (US)     439 / 804       
StrategicJoeL
Skirmisher
posted 04-19-09 02:48 AM EDT (US)     440 / 804       
wow, I just had the battle of my life vs. expert comp!

--------------------------------------------

We were given orders from Berlin to settle the California region, and establish a military presence there. It looked very easy, like shooting gofers... until we realized that our worst nightmare had come upon us. There were Iroquois natives in the area. They looked like they would be easy to defeat at first sight. unfortunately, this was not the case. Intelligence reports from our explorer revealed that the natives in the region were expanding very quickly. Not only that, but they were adapted to the region, and could gather resources roughly 35% faster than us. It was a dark day for us.

We had been expecting an early attack, from looking at the previous military history of the Iroquois commander. We ordered the colonial militia improvement from Berlin. We also ordered outposts, and fortified the region. We trained many archers also, for defense. The situation was tense. we new that at any time the enemy forces would arrive. still no sign of them though.

A good while later we realized that we had been duped. The enemy had actually been focusing on building a strong economy first. I was deeply troubled at this, and a scowl covered my face.

Suddenly the enemy army came. It was massive. Quickly I ordered the colonial militia for defense. All our military was summoned to the battlefield. His army was an age ahead of us though, and also had superior numbers. The villigers all ran away screaming, while the army provided a last ditch defense. It was of no use. His army wiped out our entire city. All that was left was about twenty villagers that had ran away, and our explorer.

It was a dark day in the land. We knew we had t ore-settle somewhere, and rebuild or be crushed. Our opponent quickly advanced in technology, and was soon in the industrial age. We were still in the colonial age however, with no buildings. Quickly we gathered wood to build a town center. We decided to have a fishing-based economy. Fortunately, the natives had not established a military presence on the ocean, so we were lucky. Our population was increasing also.

The natives by now, were in the imperial age, while we had just developed the fortress-age technology. Still we persisted though, and kept our buildings near the corners of the region, away from the natives. Our fishing development was massive, and our land villigers gathered wood, while the fishermen caught fish, and also hunted whales that we sold for a good price. We rebuilt our military buildings, and soon were producing industrial technology on par with the natives. We ordered materials for a factory, and a fort from Berlin. Once we had built our factory, we made it process wood.

Berlin had been trying to put a mighty tax on us however, and we could not help but revolt from them. Our villagers all took up arms, except those at the wood processing plant, and the fishermen. One of our workers developed a new type of weapon we named the "gatling gun." It could fire amazing amounts of bullets before reloading, and we quickly began assembling them. We also continued training more militia. We had learned to build forts also, and so we built one, that could make soldiers for us. We converted our wood processing plant to produce heavy artillery for us also. Soon we had so many men that our colony could not support any additional population. Our fishermen continued to provide us with food, and wealth all this time.

Finally, we decided that we were ready to attack. What a coincidence this was! The enemy had just discovered our base, and proceeded to send all of his forces to destroy it. Our forces had by now, traveled to his base however.
"Destroy it all!" I screamed as they proceeded to demolish all of the buildings, and wipe out all of the inhabitants.
"Leave no one alive!!" I shouted. Apparently, the Iroquois chieftain had not heard the report of what was happening. By the time he learned what was happening, and began to return, we had already demolished a quarter of his entire base, and wiped out almost all of the population. Because of the experience we received, we were able to construct scads of gatling guns. The warchief and his army, then met with our army. They screamed in terror as our gatling guns, and cannons destroyed their army. They took about two thirds of our men, while we massacred them all.

Suddenly a realization came to me. We had gone from having our city destroyed with only twenty people escaped, to having crushed the might of the Iroquois empire. The morale in the remaining troops was higher than ever. In glee they destroyed all the enemy buildings. We also massacred the inhabitants as revenge for what they had done to us. We left none alive. Then I saw what would be the most pitiful sight to ever cross my eyes. A band of five tomahawk warriors ran toward our army, shouting their battle cry. Our ten gatling guns, and five heavy cannons destroyed them before they ever managed to reach us.

It was victory. The enemy had been destroyed. Our soldiers all returned to their wives and children that day, and told them the news... of the greatest victory of their lives.

Eventually we grew to become a mighty empire of our own. We rebuilt relations with Berlin, although we had them know that we would never give up our sovereignty. As for me, I have remained the Kaiser of our empire, up until this very day I write this. We have a memorial made to the soldiers who gave their lives for our nation. And whenever a child asks what the memorial is for... Then we tell them this very same story that has been written for you.

Sincerely,

StrategicJoeL

-----------------------------------

organ gunz are chuck norris daddy!

[This message has been edited by StrategicJoeL (edited 04-19-2009 @ 02:57 AM).]

CrazyLunatic
Veteran Musketeer
posted 04-19-09 02:57 AM EDT (US)     441 / 804       
For some reason i think the real story ended at paragraph 4 of the narrative... interesting story though

QUACK
StrategicJoeL
Skirmisher
posted 04-19-09 02:59 AM EDT (US)     442 / 804       
nope, I actually did make the comeback, honest. The AI was just too noob to spot my base that was in the corner. seriously, I was surprised, since this was the first time I beat expert. I could never beat it before.

organ gunz are chuck norris daddy!
MannisEi
Skirmisher
posted 04-19-09 08:52 AM EDT (US)     443 / 804       
could gather resources roughly 35% faster than us
50%

Still makes me wonder, when I still played vs. comps they always seemed to find my rebuild in like 2 minutes...

O o
As_Saffah
Scenario Reviewer
posted 04-19-09 11:28 PM EDT (US)     444 / 804       
Nice tour of the TWC demo, JoeL.

I made a blank FFA map called Boston Creme Pie. it's basically 5 equal sized wedges of terrain divided by rivers. You start with standard start, and there's a random native post on the pointy end of each slice. Two shallows connect your slice to the neighboring slices.

So anyway, I was playing on there with someone I know from the boards and his friend, who outranked us both by a lot. Two other randoms joined and we got started. To make a long story short, after this match I decided to disable docks and monitors.

Crunkatog on ESO
Bart331 balance suggestion: aztec: remove civ
Voltiguer: Ender, Sioux in 1.04 will be a top civ, no matter how many layers of Sioux goggles you put on
schildpad on Elephants: ...their mansabdar unit sucks so hard it looks like a black hole
Crunkatog on Steam.
Emperor_Kyle
Skirmisher
posted 04-20-09 10:34 PM EDT (US)     445 / 804       
This basically sums up my opinion of the FFA games that I've played recently.

ESO2: Kyle_The_Brave
Clan: Proud Officer of Trỉρℓε ΣņτễηţϠ, [TΣ]

"Why make your own inspirational quotes when you can just read the side of O_Man's Ssips juices?" - A wise prophet
"The best way to die is to spontaneously combust during a drum solo battle with Lars Ulrich" - The Blair

[This message has been edited by Emperor_Kyle (edited 04-20-2009 @ 10:49 PM).]

CrazyLunatic
Veteran Musketeer
posted 04-20-09 11:20 PM EDT (US)     446 / 804       
you forget the ones who randomly rush others just to enjoy watching them complain :P (i pike rush occasionally with dutch against boomers :P )

Also the ones who prearrange alliances before the game

QUACK
GreenKnight0111
Skirmisher
posted 04-21-09 00:52 AM EDT (US)     447 / 804       
Storytime!

1 vs. 1 on Bayou. My opponent decides to make it 20min no rush, no warships, etc. (it was random map) So it turns out we're on Bayou, thereby making the NWS tag irrelevant. He's French, I'm British. So I start doing my usual NR manor boom, while making some troops occasionally, when all of a sudden my alarm horn goes off. I look over to where a few of my vills are hunting and I see WTF!? he built an outpost smack in the middle of one of my hunts, on my side of the map! (Now I know we never expressly said half map, but it still caught me by surprise). So I think 'whatever' and move my vills to another hunt--guess what, another outpost!!! I'm starting to get annoyed at this, so I pull my vills back and make a mill. My next shipment comes in so I ship the 2 outpost card and decide to park one of them next to a native village and the other in one of HIS hunts (vengeance, ha!) The minute my outposts go up, he starts complaining about it, and I say to him that it's only fair, after all, he did the same thing to me. I have a few vills gathering from the hunts near my outpost now. So in retaliation he builds an outpost right next to mine. I say, "Is this a NR game, or 'Outpost Wars?'" He doesn't answer and instead sends a bunch of native riflemen to siege my own outpost, still complaining that it's on his half of the map. (It's about 14:00 or so by this time.) I upgrade my outpost. I remind him that it's NR and he can't siege my buildings, and I already had to recall vills three times now because of his outposts, and he doesn't respond, so I send my age up mantlets to go siege HIS outposts. He starts spamming and complaining "NR! Take away your mantlets!" By this time he's built another two outposts around my base. I'm getting real sick of his outpost spam so I ship 3 mortars and take down one of them at the same time my mantlets finished their job earlier.
Suddenly he attacks me with an army of 30 skirms at 18:00ish. I remind him that it's NR 20 but he says I cheated by building my outpost. (He was the one who pulled the outpost thing first.) So I send my own army and take down his fort and a few of his barracks before he attacks my base. Thanks to Colonial Militia and an army of minutemen, I stop his attack but he all of a sudden comes at me with an army of literally 15 falconets. (No joke!) He blasts my army to pieces and so I build a stable to upgrade my hussars and start training hussars out of my fort. I raid his vills and attack his artillery army, but all of a sudden he attacks my base again with a group of cuirassers made from a stable near one of his outposts by my base. (The only one I didn't take down... >.< ) I don't notice until he's already killed half my vills and destroyed one of my factories, and I quickly garrison the rest in the TC, although before my army can make it back to my base, they've brought it down and killed the rest of my vills. My explorer is still standing near my fort/barracks/stable on another side of the map, and I probably could have built another TC and come back (I had tons of resources) but I was just getting SICK of this guy, and I was already annoyed with him for the outpost spam earlier during the NR period, so I trained 50 each of muskets and hussars and rushed him, severely damaging his eco but eventually getting pushed back and getting my fort demolished by a group of mortars and natives. As he's sieging my last few buildings as my explorer and a few soldiers are trying valiantly to fight them off, he starts spamming, "That's what you get, cheater" and other such accusations. I'm not even bothering to respond by this time and I quickly resign.

~GreenKnight0111

Currently playing: AoE Online
Favorite civ: Celts
CrazyLunatic
Veteran Musketeer
posted 04-21-09 01:01 AM EDT (US)     448 / 804       
^that's why you don't play treaty on vanilla, people cheat way too often.

QUACK
MannisEi
Skirmisher
posted 04-21-09 02:39 AM EDT (US)     449 / 804       
And thats why we need the fanpatch ASAP.

O o
Commander Drake
Skirmisher
posted 04-21-09 04:09 AM EDT (US)     450 / 804       
As far as stories are concerned, I have one that might be mildly interesting/amusing.

A while back, I was playing a multiplayer game (1 vs 1 I think) with ships. New England map. I set up base near the lake in the middle. Well suddenly, I find my buildings being blown apart by something. Eventually I realize that my opponent built a monitor in the lake. Took me completely by surprise. Then, later in the game, the same guy crushed my fleet using canoe spam. I can't remember the guy's name, but his tactics with ships were quite impressive.
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 16 17 18 19 20 ··· 30 ··· 33  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames