Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » War Stories Thread
Bottom
Topic Subject:War Stories Thread
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 17 18 19 20 21 ··· 30 ··· 33  Next Page »
Lord Berminator
Skirmisher
posted 02-01-08 10:45 PM EDT (US)         
Yep, here I go again.

Well, this one I lost, but it was fun. It was 1v1 on Ozarks, I was Russia opponent was Sioux. We both aged to Colonial around same time. Ironically, we eneded up trying to build fbs int the same spot, and he destroyed mine. Pretty soon he attacked me, the same time I attacked him. I killed of a few villys, but my army was small since my initial fb had been stopped. The Sioux player didn't take down my TC yet. But soon, his next wave took it down. My CM bought me time for my villys to run away.

So I start rebuilding to the south. I get up 3 blockhouses and begin spamming strelets. It was hilarious, you shoulda seen it. This guy goes back to his base after taking my TC. I get strelets coming in at him from all sides, and he never knows where I am going to strike next. Its all hit an run. I constrict his villys into his town, weakening his eco. I snipe at a few villys, then retreat. And the funny thing is I'm attacking from 3 places at once, so he hardly ever caches me. I do this for at least 20 minutes after he took down my TC. He says to me, "You are the most annoying person I have ever played." I just laugh.

Eventually he masses and army large enough to defend and attack my weak rebuild at the same time. I may have lost, but it was great fun, and it was excellent micro practice.

I WANT YOU to post your stories now!! Participate, people!

Scenarios: Worldmap Series I: North America, Worldmap Series II: Caribbean, The Wasteland

Editor of: Orissa, Kill the Sun, Bathe in Hate

Current Projects: Fog of War, Island Hopping

[This message has been edited by Lord Berminator (edited 12-18-2010 @ 01:16 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
Emperor_Kyle
Skirmisher
posted 04-21-09 06:59 AM EDT (US)     451 / 804       
GreenKnight: Playing NR games on vanilla is a matter of trust. It's very easy to get away with cheating, so I'd try to stay away from them. But if you like playing NR, there's nothing wrong with that, except for the occasional pest like that guy.

Drake: Monitors can be a drag when they're built in the middle of a lake.

ESO2: Kyle_The_Brave
Clan: Proud Officer of Trỉρℓε ΣņτễηţϠ, [TΣ]

"Why make your own inspirational quotes when you can just read the side of O_Man's Ssips juices?" - A wise prophet
"The best way to die is to spontaneously combust during a drum solo battle with Lars Ulrich" - The Blair
Emperor_Kyle
Skirmisher
posted 04-26-09 09:51 PM EDT (US)     452 / 804       
After returning from my so-called "period of training", I just won the most epic game I've played in a long time. 25 mins of Colonial fighting, with no gold for the second half of the game!

The match-up was me as Germans vs another 2nd lieut as Iros on Great Plains. This was on the ES patch so I was a bit nervous, but it wasn't so bad.

I did a 16-vil age up (settler wagons counting as 2 vils of course) and prepared to do a renegado strat with some shipped doppels to clean up kanya. I saw him making a FB in the middle of the map as expected.

He aged kinda slow for an Iro; by the time he got to Colonial my 2 free uhlans were already whacking away at his travois, but he started building a corral from it just in time.

After getting about 15 renegados, I harassed his FB along with my doppels and uhlans. He held me back with tomahawk/aenna/kanya, and I had to retreat. I harassed his vils a bit while building a stable to get rid of the aennas because he had so many.

He did a good job of keeping pressure on me with his kanya. I noticed that he had WAY more of them than I thought, so I plopped a couple of rax down. By now there were no mines left on my side of the map. First of all, that meant it would be REALLY hard to get to Fortress. Second, I couldn't train more uhlans without the help of my market, and I had to make xbows instead of renegados (I needed the extra pop space now anyway).

Instead I gathered my free uhlans and the ones I had trained (total of 16 or so) and the few renegados I had left, as well as a mass of pikes.

Now I overwhelmed him. I went around his wall of war huts and got to his aennas before his tomas could do anything about it. While spraying bullets into those tomas, I kept my pikes between my RI and his mass of kanya. He tried to slip by but got utterly mauled.

Although only two of my fragile uhlans survived, and he was currently massing aennas, it was over. I had shipped in all but one of my Colonial shipments because of all the EXP I got, which included Treaty Of Westphalia, which meant that my 6 speed pikes raced through his colony like a swarm of termites.

We both agreed that it was a very good game. 25 mins of teeter-totter Colonial warfare with constant pressure by both sides. It was odd to have so many vils in the Colonial Age, haha. Feels good to be back!

Game stats:
http://www.agecommunity.com/stats/GameStats.aspx?loc=en-US&GameID=c5e29c8d-1b86-4084-9172-8370efed74b2&s Flag=2&md=ZS_Supremacy

"Why make your own inspirational quotes when you can just read the side of O_Man's Ssips juices?" - A wise prophet
"The best way to die is to spontaneously combust during a drum solo battle with Lars Ulrich" - The Blair

[This message has been edited by Emperor_Kyle (edited 04-26-2009 @ 09:54 PM).]

TwentyLemon
Skirmisher
posted 04-26-09 10:26 PM EDT (US)     453 / 804       
I can see our quick game never made it here
Emperor_Kyle
Skirmisher
posted 04-26-09 10:34 PM EDT (US)     454 / 804       
Xbow/pike > semi-FF

There it is. xD

Temerity
Skirmisher
posted 04-26-09 11:05 PM EDT (US)     455 / 804       
Period of training? Who trained you?

ESO: Temerit
Favorite Comics: Stephen Colbert and John Stewart
StrategicJoeL
Skirmisher
posted 04-27-09 01:03 PM EDT (US)     456 / 804       
how fast does cherry orchards gather compared to hunts and mills?

EDIT: Sorry, I thought this was the ask-a-question thread, lol.

organ gunz are chuck norris daddy!

[This message has been edited by StrategicJoeL (edited 04-27-2009 @ 02:06 PM).]

Emperor_Kyle
Skirmisher
posted 04-27-09 04:03 PM EDT (US)     457 / 804       
Temerity: Well, it was mostly playing unrated games on the FP and mooching anyone who was willing to critique me. I did get some good advice from the guys in NerVe whom I've played some games with, and a guy named Etrips888 has been practicing with me and teaching me things here and there.

EDIT: 1000th post on HG!

[This message has been edited by Emperor_Kyle (edited 04-27-2009 @ 04:07 PM).]

MannisEi
Skirmisher
posted 04-29-09 03:32 PM EDT (US)     458 / 804       
I lost a game today because I was busy.....busy popping bubble wrap.

O o
/Ż/___________________________ _ __/
| ITS OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAND!!!
\_\ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ Ż ŻŻ
As_Saffah
Scenario Reviewer
posted 04-29-09 07:48 PM EDT (US)     459 / 804       
I was playing a 5 way ffa on one of my citrus slice maps (boston creme I think) and sent a fort card. Then I got bored and left the game running while I put some clothes on hangers to take to the cleaners before my roommate got home and whined about it. I forgot about the game and left it running as I walked up to the cleaners, stopped on the way back and got some hair gel, a Mothers Day card, and a pack of gum. Came back, the fort was still up and at 18 HP, I had 16 cassa and a handful of dragoons and 2 shipped organs behind my remaining TC and went to defend my fort. The guys had destroyed all my houses and wasted all my villagers but left my army alone and sieged my fort. I managed to get to Industrial with almost 30 replacement villagers before they came back to finish me off.

Crunkatog on ESO
Bart331 balance suggestion: aztec: remove civ
Voltiguer: Ender, Sioux in 1.04 will be a top civ, no matter how many layers of Sioux goggles you put on
schildpad on Elephants: ...their mansabdar unit sucks so hard it looks like a black hole
Crunkatog on Steam.
ultimitsu
Skirmisher
posted 05-01-09 00:24 AM EDT (US)     460 / 804       
while I put some clothes on hangers to take to the cleaners before my roommate got home and whined about it.
zomg you are a girl!?
CrazyLunatic
Veteran Musketeer
posted 05-01-09 00:56 AM EDT (US)     461 / 804       
zomg you are a girl!?
you didn't know that? :O

QUACK
iTech64
Scenario Reviewer
posted 05-01-09 00:59 AM EDT (US)     462 / 804       
how does that translate to her being a girl though?

you never put clothes on hangers?

iTech64
My Strategies:French Semi-FF | French 2x Musket Rush | French 2x Xbow Rush
My Mapguides: Northwest Territories
ultimitsu
Skirmisher
posted 05-01-09 01:58 AM EDT (US)     463 / 804       
if it is a dress that need to be put onto a hanger to be cleaned, and to be cleaned in a cleaner, then it is 90% likely to be a girl's dress.

if one does this to avoid roommate whining, then it is 99% likely that they are girls.
MightyFish
Skirmisher
posted 05-01-09 02:53 AM EDT (US)     464 / 804       
It would appear that iTech64 has a very, very great deal to learn about girls.... The other clue: hair gel.

Tough on slogans and the causes of slogans.
ImperialLobster
Skirmisher
posted 05-01-09 04:53 AM EDT (US)     465 / 804       
of course shes a she. i thought we all knew. her icon is of a girl anyway. mind its hard to tell on ESO with "Crunkatog" lol

KEEP
CALM
AND
CARRY
ON
≤≤≤≤≤See my YouTube channel for some crazy pointless crap!≥≥≥≥≥
ultimitsu
Skirmisher
posted 05-01-09 05:33 AM EDT (US)     466 / 804       
rifle riders are girls!?
iTech64
Scenario Reviewer
posted 05-01-09 03:25 PM EDT (US)     467 / 804       
well first.
she didnt say it was a dress did she?

second how does hair gel make her a girl?
have you never seen guys with spiked hair?

and im sure i would complain if a guy roommate just threw his clothes everywhere..

how is the rifle rider a girl?
its not wearing a shirt!

iTech64
My Strategies:French Semi-FF | French 2x Musket Rush | French 2x Xbow Rush
My Mapguides: Northwest Territories

[This message has been edited by iTech64 (edited 05-01-2009 @ 03:26 PM).]

ultimitsu
Skirmisher
posted 05-01-09 06:24 PM EDT (US)     468 / 804       
yes you are right, on second thought I decided that she could also have been a gay man.
Emperor_Kyle
Skirmisher
posted 05-01-09 06:30 PM EDT (US)     469 / 804       
LOL @ rifle riders being girls.

Emperor_Kyle
Skirmisher
posted 05-02-09 08:22 PM EDT (US)     470 / 804       
Fun, silly game. I played a 2v2 a couple of days ago with a clanmate against two of my friends (one of them being O_Man0 from the forums), and we completely screwed up. Thankfully, we won in the end, and it was unrated anyway...

The whole game was goofy. My partner, who was playing as the Chinese, forgot that we were on the ES patch so he built a castle with the intent of training Mongolian armies. Plus, I tried to mimic DAMNIT's siege elephant FF, but I messed up my vil distribution so I was set up for a rush instead (except that I had the Taj Mahal, not the tower or fort).

Me and my mate both aged to Colonial around 5:30, and we were in tight spots, so we knew that we would lose if we got rushed. Luckily, O_Man did a Portuguese 5-hussar semi-FF. Unluckily, those hussars and his partner's steppes raided the stuffing out of my partner, and he lost a lot of vils.

The rest of the battle was see-saw fighting. O_Man led for most of the battle with a massive goon spam that killed the 6 siege elephants that I planned to siege-raid his partner with, which set me back by 4200 res. Goon/cass/flail/arque with a bit of Cheyenne seemed to do the trick for them until my partner spammed Imperial Armies and I massed zambs and gurkhas. My partner massed Old Hans after getting the Reforms card, and I finally got a batch of siege elephants into the other Chinese player's base. It was GG then.

Also, I noticed something after watching the rec. Let's see who knows their modern history references:

[JPEG, (210.04 KB)]

Plus, game stats:

http://www.agecommunity.com/stats/GameStats.aspx?loc=en-US&GameID=bbfb3e92-8f13-4c03-94d7-5a5e178594d2&s Flag=2&md=ZS_Custom

[This message has been edited by Emperor_Kyle (edited 05-02-2009 @ 08:30 PM).]

CrazyLunatic
Veteran Musketeer
posted 05-02-09 08:31 PM EDT (US)     471 / 804       
historical reference hmmm... i have no idea but i'm pretty sure timerover will know :P

damn tad looks cool (want to play india for eles :P)

QUACK
Tzardimi
Skirmisher
posted 05-02-09 09:37 PM EDT (US)     472 / 804       
Its Tankman!
Lord Berminator
Skirmisher
posted 05-02-09 11:39 PM EDT (US)     473 / 804       
I don't get the reference O.o

Scenarios: Worldmap Series I: North America, Worldmap Series II: Caribbean, The Wasteland

Editor of: Orissa, Kill the Sun, Bathe in Hate

Current Projects: Fog of War, Island Hopping
MightyFish
Skirmisher
posted 05-03-09 01:08 AM EDT (US)     474 / 804       
Mid 1989 photo of a man stopping a troop of Chinese tanks by simply standing in front of them. You can get a copy of the original image here: http://voyage.typepad.com/china/2006/03/tiananmen_tank_.html along with a Simpson's satire on the event.

The event was a major turning point in Chinese history. At the time of the photo not sure if the Han Reforms had been enacted.

Tough on slogans and the causes of slogans.
Emperor_Kyle
Skirmisher
posted 05-03-09 10:22 AM EDT (US)     475 / 804       
Siege elephants are close enough to tanks, right?

« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 17 18 19 20 21 ··· 30 ··· 33  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames