Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » War Stories Thread
Bottom
Topic Subject:War Stories Thread
« Previous Page  1 ··· 6 7 8 9 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 33  Next Page »
Lord Berminator
Skirmisher
posted 02-01-08 10:45 PM EDT (US)         
Yep, here I go again.

Well, this one I lost, but it was fun. It was 1v1 on Ozarks, I was Russia opponent was Sioux. We both aged to Colonial around same time. Ironically, we eneded up trying to build fbs int the same spot, and he destroyed mine. Pretty soon he attacked me, the same time I attacked him. I killed of a few villys, but my army was small since my initial fb had been stopped. The Sioux player didn't take down my TC yet. But soon, his next wave took it down. My CM bought me time for my villys to run away.

So I start rebuilding to the south. I get up 3 blockhouses and begin spamming strelets. It was hilarious, you shoulda seen it. This guy goes back to his base after taking my TC. I get strelets coming in at him from all sides, and he never knows where I am going to strike next. Its all hit an run. I constrict his villys into his town, weakening his eco. I snipe at a few villys, then retreat. And the funny thing is I'm attacking from 3 places at once, so he hardly ever caches me. I do this for at least 20 minutes after he took down my TC. He says to me, "You are the most annoying person I have ever played." I just laugh.

Eventually he masses and army large enough to defend and attack my weak rebuild at the same time. I may have lost, but it was great fun, and it was excellent micro practice.

I WANT YOU to post your stories now!! Participate, people!

Scenarios: Worldmap Series I: North America, Worldmap Series II: Caribbean, The Wasteland

Editor of: Orissa, Kill the Sun, Bathe in Hate

Current Projects: Fog of War, Island Hopping

[This message has been edited by Lord Berminator (edited 12-18-2010 @ 01:16 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
dOPplesaurus
Skirmisher
posted 10-23-08 04:52 PM EDT (US)     176 / 804       
lol I'll add you all when I get the time.
Sad_But_True
Skirmisher
posted 10-23-08 06:21 PM EDT (US)     177 / 804       
Arcane Ranger
Skirmisher
posted 10-23-08 08:31 PM EDT (US)     178 / 804       
ROFL, the sad part of it is.... How exactly did he kill more units than you Sad?
dOPplesaurus
Skirmisher
posted 10-24-08 09:00 AM EDT (US)     179 / 804       
Sad_But_True
Skirmisher
posted 10-24-08 04:24 PM EDT (US)     180 / 804       
Ha, i was in a frezny to house him so badly.I gave up killing the dogs since i would kill his Explorer and the dogs and he will just buy him back.
GreenKnight0111
Skirmisher
posted 10-27-08 12:03 PM EDT (US)     181 / 804       
WOW.

That's got to be the funniest screenshot I've seen in a while.

~GreenKnight0111
ImperialLobster
Skirmisher
posted 11-03-08 02:43 AM EDT (US)     182 / 804       
Heres my first war story-
FFA Lrg Siberia, Me, British vs Dopplesaurus, Russia(other players never spoke once or did much, dunno why)
I hit Discovery first and walled myself up. Got Land Grab card and got mills. Had a good forest inside my base so I didn't have many vils venturing too far. I had a mix of lbows a few musks and hussar. I tried a raid on some wood gatherers with my hussars but they quickly built a blockhouse and jumped inside. After about 30 mins(real time not laggy game time)he blew the trumpet taunt 31 and about 50 musks with lots of strelet and some cossack turned up. I stood no chance and migrated my vils to the centre of the map. Got Plantations and had some fun spamming Hackapells. They all died(they are pretty crap anyway) and i resigned after a bit more... But was a fun game anyhow. GG Dopple

KEEP
CALM
AND
CARRY
ON
≤≤≤≤≤See my YouTube channel for some crazy pointless crap!≥≥≥≥≥
Colonel_UGMO
Veteran Musketeer (Content Contributor)
posted 11-03-08 03:44 AM EDT (US)     183 / 804       
I hit Discovery first
Wow, you must load fast

ESO NAME: UGMO
I AM USING: TAD
I AM PLAYING: The Aztecs, British and Russians
.oO James246: Well, you wouldn't be able to sigg any dumb things I say, because I don't say them. :P Oo.
A_US_James246
Scenario Reviewer
(id: James246)
posted 11-03-08 05:21 AM EDT (US)     184 / 804       
I hit discovery first
^^ Sigged
ImperialLobster
Skirmisher
posted 11-03-08 06:48 AM EDT (US)     185 / 804       
Oh crap what I done! My brain is blushing. Thats not a first, once on a ffa i was RED and another player was PURPLE and he raided me and I said "Red im going to kill you!" then everyone was like "stop killing urself!" then 10 mins later i saw purple again and said, "Now im going to get you red!" Maybe i should see a doctor.
But know this james if ever you do something stupid, im going to sig it in bold, italics, color and underline!

KEEP
CALM
AND
CARRY
ON

[This message has been edited by ImperialLobster (edited 11-03-2008 @ 07:04 AM).]

Dabottle
Skirmisher
posted 11-03-08 11:52 AM EDT (US)     186 / 804       
Look I mad eicho owns James coloured italicised underlined and bolded

ESO Name: Dabottle
Clan: TSR (The Soul Reapers)
Civs: Britain, China, France and Sioux
Check out my-->Guide to China (Will update soon)
ROFL
dOPplesaurus
Skirmisher
posted 11-03-08 03:34 PM EDT (US)     187 / 804       
Heres my first war story-
FFA Lrg Siberia, Me, British vs Dopplesaurus, Russia(other players never spoke once or did much, dunno why)
I hit Discovery first and walled myself up. Got Land Grab card and got mills. Had a good forest inside my base so I didn't have many vils venturing too far. I had a mix of lbows a few musks and hussar. I tried a raid on some wood gatherers with my hussars but they quickly built a blockhouse and jumped inside. After about 30 mins(real time not laggy game time)he blew the trumpet taunt 31 and about 50 musks with lots of strelet and some cossack turned up. I stood no chance and migrated my vils to the centre of the map. Got Plantations and had some fun spamming Hackapells. They all died(they are pretty crap anyway) and i resigned after a bit more... But was a fun game anyhow. GG Dopple
30 minutes? more like 15 lol. Anyway I aged with 17 vills so that may be why he beat me to discovery.
Droideka_11
Skirmisher
posted 11-03-08 04:03 PM EDT (US)     188 / 804       
Lol dopple I think you mean colonial

"Rot's given a free pass simply because he's Rot." - theferret
Valckrie1
posted 11-03-08 04:55 PM EDT (US)     189 / 804       
sounds all fun... anyone play vanilla here? or all TAD

SC2: Valckrie.Incarnate {Add me!}
Fear is only a four-letter word. Why be afraid?

Guides:
BMS | British Guide | BHM | RSFF | Rec Games
ImperialLobster
Skirmisher
posted 11-03-08 04:55 PM EDT (US)     190 / 804       
hahahahaha... or are you making fun of me too?

KEEP
CALM
AND
CARRY
ON
Valckrie1
posted 11-03-08 05:01 PM EDT (US)     191 / 804       
You play TAD... I play Vanilla, was asking if anyone else plays with me. What was so funny?

SC2: Valckrie.Incarnate {Add me!}
Fear is only a four-letter word. Why be afraid?

Guides:
BMS | British Guide | BHM | RSFF | Rec Games
Droideka_11
Skirmisher
posted 11-03-08 05:32 PM EDT (US)     192 / 804       
I play nilla Valckrie.
But you probably already knew that
There was a thread not too long ago that asked if anyone still played nilla and a good number of people replied.
You can check that out for names if you want.
Don't have a link though, sorry.

"Rot's given a free pass simply because he's Rot." - theferret
Lord Berminator
Skirmisher
posted 11-03-08 08:59 PM EDT (US)     193 / 804       
HAHAH JAMES I loled when you sigged that

Scenarios: Worldmap Series I: North America, Worldmap Series II: Caribbean, The Wasteland

Editor of: Orissa, Kill the Sun, Bathe in Hate

Current Projects: Fog of War, Island Hopping
Emperor_Kyle
Skirmisher
posted 11-03-08 10:43 PM EDT (US)     194 / 804       
Just played a 4-player FFA on unknown. The players we me (Germans, red), another master serg (Dutch, blue), a major (Spanish, green), and a lieutenant colonel (China, cyan). After all, it was an "All Welcome" game...

The map was a snow map with lots of mines and trees, but hunts were scarce. There was also a small lake with fish in it. I was in the lower-left corner.

Green attacked cyan almost immediately, and resigned just as fast. I was a little shocked at how quickly he was eliminated, but cyan was weakened now, so I attacked with a mixed force of xbows, pikes, and uhlans. I also used some uhlans to raid blue, who retaliated by attacking me. All I could do to defend that attack was used minutemen and some natives, and it actually worked.

Meanwhile, cyan's town was torn apart. He escaped but rebuilt too close to blue, who attacked his new town. All that was left of cyan was little groups of steppe that he used to raid me, but he quit soon.

Blue was the only opponent left. I attacked him with mostly xbows and uhlans, but I also had some pikes left over and a fresh batch of doppels. I also had two Cherokee posts, granting me 26 riflemen. His unguarded town got shredded to bits. I wondered where his army was, but I realized too late. He demolished my town as quickly as I destroyed his.

So now, it was up to our armies to meet and fight. I had a Comanche and Mapuche post now, but he was in Fortress. I quickly destroyed a new town he was making, and then it was time. We met in my old town, and our armies fought for at least 2 or 3 minutes. Mine overpowered his with help from my numerous natives.

He tried to build anew town at least 10 times though. Eventually I quit myself because he didn't show any sign of stopping, and it was wasting my time.

ESO2: Kyle_The_Brave
Clan: Proud Officer of Trỉρℓε ΣņτễηţϠ, [TΣ]

"Why make your own inspirational quotes when you can just read the side of O_Man's Ssips juices?" - A wise prophet
"The best way to die is to spontaneously combust during a drum solo battle with Lars Ulrich" - The Blair
A_US_James246
Scenario Reviewer
(id: James246)
posted 11-04-08 03:20 AM EDT (US)     195 / 804       
But know this james if ever you do something stupid, im going to sig it in bold, italics, color and underline!
^^
HAHAH JAMES I loled when you sigged that
Haha. I loled when you loled at me sigging that cause when I sigged it I loled at it.
ImperialLobster
Skirmisher
posted 11-04-08 05:27 AM EDT (US)     196 / 804       
valcrkie u messaged just beforew me while i was writing i was typing to droideka11 ithink cant remember

KEEP
CALM
AND
CARRY
ON
Arcane Ranger
Skirmisher
posted 11-04-08 07:37 AM EDT (US)     197 / 804       
Lol, nice Kyle. Some people don't know when to give up. And you got lucky, not many people rush in ffa games (from the multiple I've been in).
Emperor_Kyle
Skirmisher
posted 11-04-08 10:09 AM EDT (US)     198 / 804       
Yeah, most people boom and take a long time to prepare. The lieutenant colonel told us that he was going to stay in Colonial because he hated long FFAs, and the major was on the offensive immediately, so blue and I decided to go along with it.

"Why make your own inspirational quotes when you can just read the side of O_Man's Ssips juices?" - A wise prophet
"The best way to die is to spontaneously combust during a drum solo battle with Lars Ulrich" - The Blair
sneaky_squirrel
Skirmisher
posted 11-06-08 10:03 AM EDT (US)     199 / 804       
Thats odd, I always rush as Russia in FFA games, kill an opponent or two (Yes the same rank as me ;p), and normally am one of the last ones standing and sometimes win the game all together (It is so fun hearing complaints about, guys red is attacking me, then the others threaten me, then I kill one of them ;p, they all seem like hopeless animals.

The Gods have left us, therefore making the old world crumble and turn into ashes...

But as the gods return, from the ashes of the old world, shall rise a more beautiful and powerful new world, and life will begin once more, if they hadn't closed...dang you ES.
Emperor_Kyle
Skirmisher
posted 11-06-08 01:22 PM EDT (US)     200 / 804       
Arcane, Polar, what happened, guys? First Arcane lagged out, then a while later the game just went kaput.

« Previous Page  1 ··· 6 7 8 9 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 33  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames