Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » War Stories Thread
Bottom
Topic Subject:War Stories Thread
« Previous Page  1 ··· 7 8 9 10 11 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 33  Next Page »
Lord Berminator
Skirmisher
posted 02-01-08 10:45 PM EDT (US)         
Yep, here I go again.

Well, this one I lost, but it was fun. It was 1v1 on Ozarks, I was Russia opponent was Sioux. We both aged to Colonial around same time. Ironically, we eneded up trying to build fbs int the same spot, and he destroyed mine. Pretty soon he attacked me, the same time I attacked him. I killed of a few villys, but my army was small since my initial fb had been stopped. The Sioux player didn't take down my TC yet. But soon, his next wave took it down. My CM bought me time for my villys to run away.

So I start rebuilding to the south. I get up 3 blockhouses and begin spamming strelets. It was hilarious, you shoulda seen it. This guy goes back to his base after taking my TC. I get strelets coming in at him from all sides, and he never knows where I am going to strike next. Its all hit an run. I constrict his villys into his town, weakening his eco. I snipe at a few villys, then retreat. And the funny thing is I'm attacking from 3 places at once, so he hardly ever caches me. I do this for at least 20 minutes after he took down my TC. He says to me, "You are the most annoying person I have ever played." I just laugh.

Eventually he masses and army large enough to defend and attack my weak rebuild at the same time. I may have lost, but it was great fun, and it was excellent micro practice.

I WANT YOU to post your stories now!! Participate, people!

Scenarios: Worldmap Series I: North America, Worldmap Series II: Caribbean, The Wasteland

Editor of: Orissa, Kill the Sun, Bathe in Hate

Current Projects: Fog of War, Island Hopping

[This message has been edited by Lord Berminator (edited 12-18-2010 @ 01:16 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
Arcane Ranger
Skirmisher
posted 11-06-08 06:27 PM EDT (US)     201 / 804       
My computer had a memory problem It needed extra memory space, so it shut down any applications to "make" more memory. I'll do a desktop cleanup to prevent it from happening again in the near future.

How'd the game go from then on, from what I read, it went OOS?
Emperor_Kyle
Skirmisher
posted 11-06-08 07:10 PM EDT (US)     202 / 804       
After you left, we all just boomed for a while. Keevan got a monopoly, so I attacked his posts, but the closest one was guarded well. I got it down, but I needed one more, so I sent some qiangs to tear down an undefended one. At that point, Polar was coming too, but it looked like he was gonna attack me instead of help with the posts.

After that, I'm not sure what happened. I thought I had lagged out because both Keevan and Polar showed up as unresponsive players, but when I got out of the game, Polar was offline, and I'm not sure about Keevan. the game shows up on ESO, but it only lasts as long as I stayed in the game, so maybe both of them DID lag out...

ESO2: Kyle_The_Brave
Clan: Proud Officer of Trỉρℓε ΣņτễηţϠ, [TΣ]

"Why make your own inspirational quotes when you can just read the side of O_Man's Ssips juices?" - A wise prophet
"The best way to die is to spontaneously combust during a drum solo battle with Lars Ulrich" - The Blair

[This message has been edited by Emperor_Kyle (edited 11-06-2008 @ 07:12 PM).]

Arcane Ranger
Skirmisher
posted 11-07-08 08:51 PM EDT (US)     203 / 804       
I see Kyle. Anyway, here's another FFA by yours truly.

The map is pampas. I was aztecs (blue), opponents included france (green), yellow (japanese), orange (russians), and iroquois (red). We went in a clockwise order (starting from top) with red, yellow, orange, green, and myself. I was in the northwestern corner.

I had decided on aztecs because of their uniqueness with WP and their awesome infantry units. Anyway, here goes.

We all started out normally. However, one thing that I toyed with was the warchief's convert ability. By 5:00, I had 2 converted pirates, 1 converted blowgunner, and 1 rescued inca huramanica.

I Semi-FFed and boomed with 10 WP on fertility dance. I soon got 99 villagers at around the 15 minute mark (or something like that). Small skirmishes appeared as I used stealthed coyotes to raid and generally piss off red. Yellow was soon taken out by an effective rush by both red and orange.

We all boomed into imperial, with many layers of walls. It was quite a boring game. I maxed out population, and soon started to run low on wood. Orange and Green were still having their skirmishes between curis and UP halbs (russian halbs).

"Aztec" POV

The game was boring, not suitable for the aztecs. Cuahtetomec demanded blood and war, so I, the mighty commander of the aztecs, gave it to him. Arrow Knights rained burning arrows upon his men and walls, while sustaining no damage at all. Soon, the iroquois army retaliated, the army came at mine with Kanya Horsemen, Tomohawks, and Forest Prowlers. His prowlers seemed to have a physical disadvantage, as I saw all of them clearly upon the mighty iroquois village.

Upon this day, the aztecs still remember the men who fearlessly fought and died to take down the iroquois. We had allies, but even then, that was not enough. Arrows, atals, slings, claws, and clubs, they all had a mighty effect on the iroquois peoples, but they were replenished just as fast. My men pushed and pushed, but his men repelled and repelled.

The battle was still raging, with neither of us nearing an end in men, while orange and green were having their war.

However, the war turned as I sent 10 or so stealthed coyotes into his economy, and killed 15 villagers. The tide turned from then on. I quickly called upon extra men using the sacred larger buttons. I made the final push. It was my highly trained arrow knights, zapotec allies (shipped), maces, coyotes, skull knights, jaguar prowl knights, and pumas, against his light cannons, kanya horsemen, tomohawks, and prowlers.

The battle was epic to say the least. Many were wounded or dead. However, with stealthed coyotes, I took out his prowlers behind lines, and my jaguars took out his tomohawks and horsemen. My pumas and maces provided support and defense as my arrow knights disposed of his cannons.

I pushed onward, burning through the multiple war huts and moving to his economy. The pillaging went on for days and nights (in this case, minutes, lol). Torches were thrown like there was no tomorrow, and the slaughter of innocent villagers was hard to watch... not (of course I like humiliating the player). Finally, the iroquois resigned and I left. Cuahteomec was pleased.

Meanwhile, the french and the russians were staging an epic war. Curiassers pulverized strelets while halberdiers and musketeers vainly tried to defend their comrades. The russian army fell in 5s and 10s, but were quickly replenished and replaced with new, green troops.

Finally, the sheer amount of "god on horses" overwhelmed the russian army, and pushed through their walls. The russian player offered his resignation to the french, and the french accepted.

I took my chance. The aztecs would be victorious today, and forevermore! My men's footsteps pounded the ground as they marched onto the green base. This was cruelty and unfairness, but what did the aztecs care? They sacrificed prisoners in the hundreds, and loved the taste of blood.

I tore through wall after wall, while my coyotes and jaguars again staged a sneak attack via canoes. Soon, the french responded with outrage to my attacks. The mighty horesmen came and ripped my first line of men apart, but were quickly repelled by a combination of pumas, zapotec allies, and a few remaining jaguars.

The french knew the aztecs would be victorious, and so did I. As a result, the french offered his resignation. The day would belong to the mighty aztecs!

[This message has been edited by Arcane Ranger (edited 11-07-2008 @ 10:07 PM).]

dOPplesaurus
Skirmisher
posted 11-07-08 10:01 PM EDT (US)     204 / 804       
I didn't know aztecs could get guns :P
Arcane Ranger
Skirmisher
posted 11-07-08 10:07 PM EDT (US)     205 / 804       
Lol, my bad
AlejandroLatino4
Skirmisher
posted 11-08-08 01:44 AM EDT (US)     206 / 804       
u make the aztecs sound bloody and crazy u've shammed my culture.

Cookie,"Orange i dont think you know who you're dealling with," after 5mins to 10mins of war later... Orange,"i dont think you know who ur deallin with"
ESO;AOE3,TWC,& TAD username: Alexodeconqure (i think lol)
<>< Another post done by a fishy noob <><
<>< Alejandro J. Diaz <><
Arcane Ranger
Skirmisher
posted 11-08-08 08:15 AM EDT (US)     207 / 804       
I've researched them during 7th grade to create a small website on them.

They sacrificed people - TRUE

Cuahetomec liked blood - TRUE AND FALSE

Aztec Gods wanted Blood - TRUE

(copyright of true/false goes to Giskard)

I'm sorry if I offended you, but that's what they were in the 1600-1700 while they were battling the Spanish. Can you blame them? The spanish had big, phat guns.
ImperialLobster
Skirmisher
posted 11-08-08 12:07 PM EDT (US)     208 / 804       
i rushed dabottle on a ffa with iroqoius. He was sioux. I was in his base with 15 or 20 aenna and tomahawks and he had no troops. Then out of the blue 30 axe riders come and slaughter me. That was early game (thats colonial, not discovery- not making that mistake again)i dont know how dabottle does it!

KEEP
CALM
AND
CARRY
ON
≤≤≤≤≤See my YouTube channel for some crazy pointless crap!≥≥≥≥≥
Emperor_Kyle
Skirmisher
posted 11-08-08 01:56 PM EDT (US)     209 / 804       
Amazing things can happen when I get bored during an FFA. When all of my vils got killed in a game I played last night, I spammed 200 petards at the Jap lamer who did it. You guys should have been there to see the spectacular, lag-tastic explosion, and the colorful language that came after. :P

ESO2: Kyle_The_Brave
Clan: Proud Officer of Trỉρℓε ΣņτễηţϠ, [TΣ]

"Why make your own inspirational quotes when you can just read the side of O_Man's Ssips juices?" - A wise prophet
"The best way to die is to spontaneously combust during a drum solo battle with Lars Ulrich" - The Blair
Dabottle
Skirmisher
posted 11-08-08 01:59 PM EDT (US)     210 / 804       
i had 28 converted guardians (blind monks)

ESO Name: Dabottle
Clan: TSR (The Soul Reapers)
Civs: Britain, China, France and Sioux
Check out my-->Guide to China (Will update soon)
ROFL
Lord Berminator
Skirmisher
posted 11-08-08 03:45 PM EDT (US)     211 / 804       
LOL Kyle I loled at that

Scenarios: Worldmap Series I: North America, Worldmap Series II: Caribbean, The Wasteland

Editor of: Orissa, Kill the Sun, Bathe in Hate

Current Projects: Fog of War, Island Hopping
AlejandroLatino4
Skirmisher
posted 11-08-08 08:03 PM EDT (US)     212 / 804       
Me (iraquies) and Dabottle(brits) And ryan(iraquies) in a FFA
Well it was late game dab was hit hard earlier and had recovered himself and ryan had formed a red cross me on the other hand was hit real hard my a china player well i relocated and had 2 bases 1 was surpported by 2 cross organizations (sheep was provided by dabottle and protection by ryan)to boost we formed the UN (united Nations) that place had the o might fire pit.
Soon i recvored haven put about 70 people on wood and rest on food and used my remainnin gold to age to industry (i had age disadvantage) and upgraded my rams usen the only real strat my ole friend MrTreeHugger really taught me.
so soon i had A LOT of wood and had moved about 20 of them to food so 40 food 50 on wood u have to understand we were on sanguancy and had many many forests so i could chop in mass amounts. soon i launched a top secret attack on orange usen a fertile dance to spam mass amounts of rams from 2 artilly things iraquise use. soon tys to my timmin i went threw 3 lays of walls with 50 respanable in secs rams (u must understand this massive power tree has used) it was real funny cause rams in large noises make sexual noises. i took out his fort, Factory, countless rice paddies, 3 wonders and his sprit. ny this point he had spies so ryan and dabottle sent troops (ryan had super troops u know those fully carded skrims of iraquis) yet he only had 20 but they survived!. since i had about 200 coin i had used a mix of toms and anneas. we'll 5 mins later UN go crazy on orange and he resighns. later ryan (the new super power) builds FBs on me and dab so i thought to myself might as wel kill dab u should hear his causen like u mother F*** lol and flamed me as my rams beat all his buildings and i think i got his factories.My sucsess was mainly because before the attack i did some scoutin with a tamed coyty and dab being cocky legt him in to see the inside once i had a decent overview of his eco BOOM went the rams. then the UN turned on me and it was 2vs1 i was saved by the infamouse OOS. but it was fun if u dont believe in this strats ram power ask cookie i used it on him and sum other guy in late game FFA.

Cookie,"Orange i dont think you know who you're dealling with," after 5mins to 10mins of war later... Orange,"i dont think you know who ur deallin with"
Pandar
Skirmisher
posted 11-08-08 08:15 PM EDT (US)     213 / 804       
Wait, alejandro, when did iraq get into the game?
AlejandroLatino4
Skirmisher
posted 11-08-08 08:28 PM EDT (US)     214 / 804       
lol the natives!
rember i cant spell for shi*

Pandar
Skirmisher
posted 11-08-08 10:26 PM EDT (US)     215 / 804       
I know, I'm joking. :P
ImperialLobster
Skirmisher
posted 11-10-08 05:28 AM EDT (US)     216 / 804       
haha iraqois thats a good one:
unique unit: im not going to say but ill give u a clue: petard type unit lol
anyways, heres another war story of me vs 1x1, this time i beat him raw.
4players,FFA, Me(iraqouis), another, another and 1x1(germans).
I get to COLONIAL fairly average and start spamming kanya horsemen. I get near his base and kill a few wagons, while he is eating his vegetarian cassarole(AFK).
He is angry and says that he will get me. I ride into his base with 30 kanya and finish his base off. He builds houses and stables and hides all over the map. I keep beating him but he comes back for more. I kill his settlers but he gets a rax up with pikes and dopples(his fav). I micro with some tomahawks and then kill his dopples to his dismay. Then i take his next little base out. While out riding i find another players army, the other had resigned early. He has xbows. I mill through them and he sends more of the same. I mill through them. He keeps sending Light inf vs my cav. Eventually he kills my cav after heavy casualties. Then i had to go to bed. But i had beaten 1x1 very nicely. Now he demands a rematch 1v1... GG

KEEP
CALM
AND
CARRY
ON
A_US_James246
Scenario Reviewer
(id: James246)
posted 11-10-08 05:41 AM EDT (US)     217 / 804       
Here's a game I just played.

- We started

- I did a Russian NVR

- At 7 Minutes into the game, he resigned, cause I contained him bad.

- He said GG

- I said GG

It was a really fun game.....
Colonel_UGMO
Veteran Musketeer (Content Contributor)
posted 11-10-08 05:56 AM EDT (US)     218 / 804       
Wow thats incredible. My favourite bit was the part when he said GG

ESO NAME: UGMO
I AM USING: TAD
I AM PLAYING: The Aztecs, British and Russians
.oO James246: Well, you wouldn't be able to sigg any dumb things I say, because I don't say them. :P Oo.
A_US_James246
Scenario Reviewer
posted 11-10-08 05:59 AM EDT (US)     219 / 804       
My favourite part was where we started.
A_US_James246
Scenario Reviewer
posted 11-10-08 06:01 AM EDT (US)     220 / 804       
No, it was when I said GG.
ImperialLobster
Skirmisher
posted 11-10-08 10:46 AM EDT (US)     221 / 804       
very detailed war story. I liked the bit where u described every little bit. :P
lol its nice when u own people quick.

KEEP
CALM
AND
CARRY
ON
dOPplesaurus
Skirmisher
posted 11-10-08 03:31 PM EDT (US)     222 / 804       
haha iraqois thats a good one:
unique unit: im not going to say but ill give u a clue: petard type unit lol
anyways, heres another war story of me vs 1x1, this time i beat him raw.
4players,FFA, Me(iraqouis), another, another and 1x1(germans).
I get to COLONIAL fairly average and start spamming kanya horsemen. I get near his base and kill a few wagons, while he is eating his vegetarian cassarole(AFK).
He is angry and says that he will get me. I ride into his base with 30 kanya and finish his base off. He builds houses and stables and hides all over the map. I keep beating him but he comes back for more. I kill his settlers but he gets a rax up with pikes and dopples(his fav). I micro with some tomahawks and then kill his dopples to his dismay. Then i take his next little base out. While out riding i find another players army, the other had resigned early. He has xbows. I mill through them and he sends more of the same. I mill through them. He keeps sending Light inf vs my cav. Eventually he kills my cav after heavy casualties. Then i had to go to bed. But i had beaten 1x1 very nicely. Now he demands a rematch 1v1... GG
Actually I was afk twice to eat dinner, both times you killed almost all my villagers. And the exact phrase I used to threaten use was "attack me again [while afk] and I'll rip the skin off your flesh"
AlejandroLatino4
Skirmisher
posted 11-10-08 04:40 PM EDT (US)     223 / 804       
^^i dont think u were afk cause u said wtf when i attack if u addresen to me

ImperialLobster
Skirmisher
posted 11-10-08 04:45 PM EDT (US)     224 / 804       
hes talking to me

KEEP
CALM
AND
CARRY
ON