Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » War Stories Thread
Bottom
Topic Subject:War Stories Thread
« Previous Page  1 ··· 9 10 11 12 13 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 33  Next Page »
Lord Berminator
Skirmisher
posted 02-01-08 10:45 PM EDT (US)         
Yep, here I go again.

Well, this one I lost, but it was fun. It was 1v1 on Ozarks, I was Russia opponent was Sioux. We both aged to Colonial around same time. Ironically, we eneded up trying to build fbs int the same spot, and he destroyed mine. Pretty soon he attacked me, the same time I attacked him. I killed of a few villys, but my army was small since my initial fb had been stopped. The Sioux player didn't take down my TC yet. But soon, his next wave took it down. My CM bought me time for my villys to run away.

So I start rebuilding to the south. I get up 3 blockhouses and begin spamming strelets. It was hilarious, you shoulda seen it. This guy goes back to his base after taking my TC. I get strelets coming in at him from all sides, and he never knows where I am going to strike next. Its all hit an run. I constrict his villys into his town, weakening his eco. I snipe at a few villys, then retreat. And the funny thing is I'm attacking from 3 places at once, so he hardly ever caches me. I do this for at least 20 minutes after he took down my TC. He says to me, "You are the most annoying person I have ever played." I just laugh.

Eventually he masses and army large enough to defend and attack my weak rebuild at the same time. I may have lost, but it was great fun, and it was excellent micro practice.

I WANT YOU to post your stories now!! Participate, people!

Scenarios: Worldmap Series I: North America, Worldmap Series II: Caribbean, The Wasteland

Editor of: Orissa, Kill the Sun, Bathe in Hate

Current Projects: Fog of War, Island Hopping

[This message has been edited by Lord Berminator (edited 12-18-2010 @ 01:16 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
As_Saffah
Scenario Reviewer
posted 11-21-08 11:29 PM EDT (US)     251 / 804       
6man Saguenay ffa with kyle (Ports, orange), Pandar (aztec, green), krispy (German, pink), John Ross (French, cyan) and a Lt Col (red, don't remember) just trying to get an xp boost. I was sioux (blue).

Lt Col dropped out of boredom after harassing pink. Then cyan walled in some of my vills and shot them. He already had gone to fortress so I laid off on revenge, instead raping Orange. Orange walled up and built some men. I sent vills up to Red's old base and fishboomed. green saw me up there and started plinking my boats, then promptly resigned under Cyan's thumb. At this point the game was a loss because we ignored rule 1, NEVER LET THE FRENCH GUY BOOM.

Pink went imperial, got spies, found and killed all my Tashunkes I had hidden in his eco. I finished off Orange who sneaked around for another HOUR hiding villagers and buying his explorer back a lot. Pink tangled with Cyan, then left in a hurry. With orange essentially out of the game, and my troops strung out all over the eastern half of the map looking for his stray vills, I was ripe for the picking. I rebuilt in Red's old base and loaded about 300 guys into some odd canoes and tried to backdoor cyan. I got in, but the factories were walled up and I had no ranged siege to get at them.

I did manage to not be the first one killed in a FFA which is an achievement. Props to orange and green for hanging around for another HOUR watching cyan play wack-a-mole with my rebuilds.

a picture is worth a thousand words:

Crunkatog on ESO
Bart331 balance suggestion: aztec: remove civ
Voltiguer: Ender, Sioux in 1.04 will be a top civ, no matter how many layers of Sioux goggles you put on
schildpad on Elephants: ...their mansabdar unit sucks so hard it looks like a black hole
Crunkatog on Steam.
Pandar
Skirmisher
posted 11-22-08 00:59 AM EDT (US)     252 / 804       
Hah Saffah. I had no idea that you were in the sea - I just had those there, I thought no one was IN the sea. Cyan came at me with his little volts and gends and mortars, sent 50 jags at him and they got ate. All 3 walls down and I quit.

Oh, and I just sat there with the window open because I was like 'well, i can watch this later when I'm done with other stuff' and stuck around and talker to Kyle for a while.
Arcane Ranger
Skirmisher
posted 11-22-08 08:41 AM EDT (US)     253 / 804       
Lol, nice game.

I personally dislike ffa games that turn into long boring treaty games though. It takes too long.
Emperor_Kyle
Skirmisher
posted 11-22-08 10:36 AM EDT (US)     254 / 804       
I would have gladly helped you take down cyan if you would have asked instead of pounding me into the dirt.

When I resigned, I realized Pandar had been watching because he said something to me, so we were just hanging for a while and commenting on the game.

ESO2: Kyle_The_Brave
Clan: Proud Officer of Trỉρℓε ΣņτễηţϠ, [TΣ]

"Why make your own inspirational quotes when you can just read the side of O_Man's Ssips juices?" - A wise prophet
"The best way to die is to spontaneously combust during a drum solo battle with Lars Ulrich" - The Blair
ImperialLobster
Skirmisher
posted 11-22-08 11:35 AM EDT (US)     255 / 804       
nonono that wasnt u
somebody else that was.
i dont lie......................................

KEEP
CALM
AND
CARRY
ON
≤≤≤≤≤See my YouTube channel for some crazy pointless crap!≥≥≥≥≥
dOPplesaurus
Skirmisher
posted 11-22-08 11:40 AM EDT (US)     256 / 804       
Hey Imperial Lobster did you tell everyone how I owned you repeatedly by rushing in an FFA?
Sad_But_True
Skirmisher
posted 11-22-08 02:53 PM EDT (US)     257 / 804       
I just Grenadier Rushed a Japan. Need i say more?
As_Saffah
Scenario Reviewer
posted 11-22-08 05:32 PM EDT (US)     258 / 804       
Hah Saffah. I had no idea that you were in the sea
I am always on the water, if there is a drop on the map anywhere, I'll be there. (Except for the dinky ponds on GP)

Crunkatog on ESO
Voltiguer: Ender, Sioux in 1.04 will be a top civ, no matter how many layers of Sioux goggles you put on
schildpad on Elephants: ...their mansabdar unit sucks so hard it looks like a black hole
Crunkatog on Steam.
Pandar
Skirmisher
posted 11-22-08 05:40 PM EDT (US)     259 / 804       
I'll keep that in mind. On another note, those dinky ponds are fun to play with on GP. Put some monitors in them, and use the long range blast to kill. Gives you a bit of extra fire power too!
ImperialLobster
Skirmisher
posted 11-23-08 08:06 AM EDT (US)     260 / 804       
Sad but True u need to say more. What civ were you? did you win? etc cmon tell me

KEEP
CALM
AND
CARRY
ON
As_Saffah
Scenario Reviewer
posted 11-23-08 11:33 AM EDT (US)     261 / 804       
dinky ponds are fun to play with on GP
Probably, but chances are you will not have a pond close enough to enemy to monitor them, or it will be so close to them, they can just wall it off and shoot villagers as you send them to build a dock.

frozen Great Lakes, Deccan river, Yellow River, and Pampas or Andes river are better for that sort of thing. Because nobody expects monitors there. >___>

The other problem with dinky ponds and non-navigable rivers is that you can't ship HC shipments of boats to yourself, there's no HC water gather point.

Crunkatog on ESO
Crunkatog on Steam.
ImperialLobster
Skirmisher
posted 11-23-08 02:21 PM EDT (US)     262 / 804       
yes i agree as saffah. Wow Berminator this is a huge thread. Nice work

KEEP
CALM
AND
CARRY
ON
Marcus Varro
Skirmisher
posted 11-23-08 10:21 PM EDT (US)     263 / 804       
Once I was playing against a German player, while playing Portuguese. I was pretty much guarnteed the win, so I decided to mess around a bit. I was scouting the remnants of his forces after destroying his town and noticed he had an Imperial Cannon guarded by around 6 Imperial Needlers on a hill south of his burning town.

As I said I was messing around, and I took 15 Imperial Gueroers(sp) (which are Musketeers incase you can't read my poor attempt at spelling the word) threw them into melee mode and did a bayoneet charge at the position. Needless to say they got utterly obliterated before they got anywhere close.
ImperialLobster
Skirmisher
posted 11-24-08 04:04 AM EDT (US)     264 / 804       
yeh i like to mess around. like getting 50 musks in scatter mode. thats how they would march in real life. on a game with Arcane Ranger, i had lost and i was messing around and i sent some aenna into melee to get the cannons he had. i was surpized as they actually killed one before being send into the air. FUN

KEEP
CALM
AND
CARRY
ON
Arcane Ranger
Skirmisher
posted 11-24-08 07:31 AM EDT (US)     265 / 804       
Lolz, yeah, I have that recording for my strategy. You probably knew what was coming the moment the fortress signal went up.
ImperialLobster
Skirmisher
posted 11-24-08 09:42 AM EDT (US)     266 / 804       
Anything nooby i did on the rec? all help is welcome. mind you i was distracted by being ill.

KEEP
CALM
AND
CARRY
ON
As_Saffah
Scenario Reviewer
posted 11-26-08 10:00 AM EDT (US)     267 / 804       
This was a dream

I was Aztec, my opponent Japanese. He spammed yumi/flaming arrow with some ashi's and almost wiped me out several times. I got to Industrial finally and maxed out with BB armies, sent the 15 arrow knights card, filled up my pit and went in. He had like 3 layers of walls which I melted down and raped his artillery.

Then in the dream he was standing by his TC and I found him, kicked him in teh junk repeatedly, threw him on the ground, and stomped his junk once more for good measure and bashed him across the teeth with a macana.

I am pretty happy to hear that Japs will get a nerf in the AgeSanc patch.

Crunkatog on ESO
Crunkatog on Steam.
Arcane Ranger
Skirmisher
posted 11-26-08 10:50 AM EDT (US)     268 / 804       
You know you play AOE3 too much when you dream of it. Jk. Good dream!
ImperialLobster
Skirmisher
posted 11-26-08 03:24 PM EDT (US)     269 / 804       
unfitting behaviour for a lady!!!
Maybe he didn't know he was laming, and besides, he is rightfully using a Civ to increase his/her PR, a perfectly legal thing to do. But i hope the Japan gets nerfed. I want Ashiagrus to become the JApanese equivilant of Minutemen.

KEEP
CALM
AND
CARRY
ON
As_Saffah
Scenario Reviewer
posted 11-27-08 11:02 PM EDT (US)     270 / 804       
I don't want to see japan become unplayable. I HATE it when a civ gets nerfed into oblivion just as much as if it's broken.

I want Japan to be playable, but balanced. Same with India and Germany and Ports.

Even after losing 2 games in a row to 2 different Jap players a rank below me, I don't want to see ashis become minutemen. That's just dumb.

I hadda good game not too long ago on Gandalf's Shangri La. Me (China), John_Ross (uh, Dutch I think) and another Cpl (Jap) vs. a Jap, Sioux, and Indian. I went directly to the distal forested part and started to build a second base, walling off the 3 mountain passes and stalling the Sioux guy off. My base got destroyed but I had enough to FF and rebuild across the mountains. India and our Jap teammate lagged out at the same time.

John ross finally lost his base and had already started building across the mountains. We had a ton of cannons and hand mortars behind 3 layers of walls in the mountains and held out until John could rebuild. WE caught the Jap opponent's mortars out unattended in the open. After a lot of hard fighting and an ever receding Maginot line of teepees we got into pink's base and took out his pit, he resigned. Japanese kid resigned shortly after.

It's a suprisingly hard map to rush on. You all start on the same side of the map with your enemies right next door just like Yukon, but the resources are really sparse. so if you rush and fail, you are very vulnerable. Most people who have seen or played this map know to send some vills across to the forested side. This drags out a game. Finding and raiding enemy vills as they cross the mts is fun.

Crunkatog on ESO
Crunkatog on Steam.
Emperor_Kyle
Skirmisher
posted 11-27-08 11:17 PM EDT (US)     271 / 804       
Just played a fun little game.

It was a 2v2 on Great Plains. I was Ports (purple), my partner was a sergeant using China (yellow), and we were playing against a 2nd lieutenant using Russia (red) and a master sergeant using Ports (blue).

I sent Colonial Militia as my first card and aged with 14 vils. Both of them aged before us, so we decided to play defensively. I semi-boomed while making muskets and my ally made Old Han armies and shipped steppes to raid.

When his steppes went to raid, their fb came into sight, and it was surprisingly close to me. Red had no army there, but blue had a good amount of muskets and xbows. He attacked me while yellow sent his army over to help. I thought red might have been planning on attacking yellow, but I didn't see any army coming towards him.
We fended off blue (it was a little hard because most of my muskets were killed before yellow arrived, but minutemen + TC fire helped), then we started on their fb.
Just then, many strelets popped into sight, and red aged too. Beating the strelets was easy until red shipped 2 falcs to one of his forward blockhouses, at which point we had to turn back.
Meanwhile, both of us were raiding. Yellow was forcing red to keep his vils in his TC. He had little vils anyway (no more than 20 that yellow saw), probably because he tried to rush really fast. I had killed at least 10 of blue's hunters by this point because he was careless. I went behind his town and picked off 3 more before finally being chased away.
We both aged to Fortress, and yellow got more cav. I kept pumping out muskets and vils until it was time to attack.
Yellow went around and got the falcs while we killed their armies easily and took down their fb. Meanwhile, yellow had sent another army to tear down red's TC while I sent my muskets to get blue.
At this point, no less than 30 oprichniks came marching into my town. I hid my vils inside my TC and sent two groups of colonial militia (the bigger ones, for a total of 30) and did what I could until yellow sent pikes over. I actually didn't lose any buildings, and only 1 or 2 vils died.
Now red gave up, and after a little bit of fighting with blue, he gave up too.

After the game, blue claimed that he sucked because he gave red a lot of resources. I checked and he was right; he gave red 6300 resources. Red's eco sucked...He had 20 vils by the time I had 70. xD

ESO2: Kyle_The_Brave
Clan: Proud Officer of Trỉρℓε ΣņτễηţϠ, [TΣ]

"Why make your own inspirational quotes when you can just read the side of O_Man's Ssips juices?" - A wise prophet
"The best way to die is to spontaneously combust during a drum solo battle with Lars Ulrich" - The Blair

[This message has been edited by Emperor_Kyle (edited 11-27-2008 @ 11:21 PM).]

ImperialLobster
Skirmisher
posted 11-28-08 04:25 AM EDT (US)     272 / 804       
its sad and unfair when u get teamed with a noob who gets mills in discovery and gets pikemen in the imperial age, when he is brits.

KEEP
CALM
AND
CARRY
ON
LordKivlov
Royal Guard
posted 11-28-08 04:27 AM EDT (US)     273 / 804       
I played a game.

It was against Japan.

I lost.

I played another game.

It was also against Japan.

I also lost this one.

So I played yet another.

This happened to be against Japan as well.

I lost this one too.

I would tell you the details of the game but you could read any game against Japan and figure out what he did to beat me.

Can you tell I'm bitter?

Proud Citizen of Sovietcanuckistan
ImperialLobster
Skirmisher
posted 11-28-08 04:35 AM EDT (US)     274 / 804       
that was foolish imo.
Japan is OP, never, ever play a game vs Japan, team, treaty, or 1v1 rush.

KEEP
CALM
AND
CARRY
ON

[This message has been edited by LordKivlov (edited 11-28-2008 @ 06:02 AM).]

A_US_James246
Scenario Reviewer
(id: James246)
posted 11-28-08 05:47 AM EDT (US)     275 / 804       
I played a game.

It was against Japan.

I lost.

I played another game.

It was also against Japan.

I also lost this one.

So I played yet another.

This happened to be against Japan as well.

I lost this one too.

I would tell you the details of the game but you could read any game against Japan and figure out what he did to beat me.

Can you tell I'm bitter?
Why didn't you just NVR them?
« Previous Page  1 ··· 9 10 11 12 13 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 33  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames