Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » War Stories Thread
Bottom
Topic Subject:War Stories Thread
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 11 12 13 14 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 33  Next Page »
Lord Berminator
Skirmisher
posted 02-01-08 10:45 PM EDT (US)         
Yep, here I go again.

Well, this one I lost, but it was fun. It was 1v1 on Ozarks, I was Russia opponent was Sioux. We both aged to Colonial around same time. Ironically, we eneded up trying to build fbs int the same spot, and he destroyed mine. Pretty soon he attacked me, the same time I attacked him. I killed of a few villys, but my army was small since my initial fb had been stopped. The Sioux player didn't take down my TC yet. But soon, his next wave took it down. My CM bought me time for my villys to run away.

So I start rebuilding to the south. I get up 3 blockhouses and begin spamming strelets. It was hilarious, you shoulda seen it. This guy goes back to his base after taking my TC. I get strelets coming in at him from all sides, and he never knows where I am going to strike next. Its all hit an run. I constrict his villys into his town, weakening his eco. I snipe at a few villys, then retreat. And the funny thing is I'm attacking from 3 places at once, so he hardly ever caches me. I do this for at least 20 minutes after he took down my TC. He says to me, "You are the most annoying person I have ever played." I just laugh.

Eventually he masses and army large enough to defend and attack my weak rebuild at the same time. I may have lost, but it was great fun, and it was excellent micro practice.

I WANT YOU to post your stories now!! Participate, people!

Scenarios: Worldmap Series I: North America, Worldmap Series II: Caribbean, The Wasteland

Editor of: Orissa, Kill the Sun, Bathe in Hate

Current Projects: Fog of War, Island Hopping

[This message has been edited by Lord Berminator (edited 12-18-2010 @ 01:16 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
As_Saffah
Scenario Reviewer
posted 11-28-08 11:47 AM EDT (US)     276 / 804       
Smartass.

I feel your pain. I hate Japan laming. India at least has the caveat that if you muck up a 10/10 you are really vulnerable. Japan not so much.

Crunkatog on ESO
Bart331 balance suggestion: aztec: remove civ
Voltiguer: Ender, Sioux in 1.04 will be a top civ, no matter how many layers of Sioux goggles you put on
schildpad on Elephants: ...their mansabdar unit sucks so hard it looks like a black hole
Crunkatog on Steam.
LordKivlov
Royal Guard
posted 11-28-08 04:39 PM EDT (US)     277 / 804       
I played against India.

He got run over by Ruyters and Skirmishers promptly when his 10/10 failed.

Feeling confidant, I played against Japan.

I still lost.

Proud Citizen of Sovietcanuckistan
Emperor_Kyle
Skirmisher
posted 11-28-08 07:07 PM EDT (US)     278 / 804       
Yesterday, I joined a game against a team of two India and a Japan. Luckily the Jap switched to Brits. Still, my team was China/Ports/Brits; not quite as good. Plus the Brit on my team was a lance and the Port was a sergeant, while the other team had a 2nd lieutenant, master sergeant, and sergeant.
Their "rush-type thing" (too late to be called a real rush) failed and we boomed and won. Then we spammed taunt 19. The end.

ESO2: Kyle_The_Brave
Clan: Proud Officer of Trỉρℓε ΣņτễηţϠ, [TΣ]

"Why make your own inspirational quotes when you can just read the side of O_Man's Ssips juices?" - A wise prophet
"The best way to die is to spontaneously combust during a drum solo battle with Lars Ulrich" - The Blair
Arcane Ranger
Skirmisher
posted 11-28-08 09:03 PM EDT (US)     279 / 804       
This thread is very simple.

I commend you guys for your descriptive stories.

[This message has been edited by Arcane Ranger (edited 11-28-2008 @ 09:03 PM).]

LordKivlov
Royal Guard
posted 11-28-08 09:24 PM EDT (US)     280 / 804       
Describing my games would be boring, we all know playing against Japan ends in the same result.

Mapppp
Skirmisher
(id: Jimmy2)
posted 11-28-08 09:39 PM EDT (US)     281 / 804       
Reading this really wants to make me play and not play at the same time.

I forgot how great this was, and I also forgot how boring Japan and no FF can be.

Maybe I'll play some vanilla later.

◓◓◓◓◓
Emperor_Kyle
Skirmisher
posted 11-28-08 11:18 PM EDT (US)     282 / 804       
I just fell in love with Port fish-booming. Of course, my opponent was an idiot who let me do it unchecked, and even let me get to industrial to get monitors...And even then, he wasn't being aggressive at all. I'd go into more detail but I'm tired. :/

ESO2: Kyle_The_Brave
Clan: Proud Officer of Trỉρℓε ΣņτễηţϠ, [TΣ]

"Why make your own inspirational quotes when you can just read the side of O_Man's Ssips juices?" - A wise prophet
"The best way to die is to spontaneously combust during a drum solo battle with Lars Ulrich" - The Blair
As_Saffah
Scenario Reviewer
posted 11-28-08 11:50 PM EDT (US)     283 / 804       
One of the reasons why some of my latest scenarios have limited decks or disallow some civs entirely. Not only is ashi spamming in Old Quebec not historical, I don't want to be bothered making a deck for Japan just so some kid who is a poor sport can continue laming ashis in UNRATED games.

Crunkatog on ESO
Voltiguer: Ender, Sioux in 1.04 will be a top civ, no matter how many layers of Sioux goggles you put on
schildpad on Elephants: ...their mansabdar unit sucks so hard it looks like a black hole
Crunkatog on Steam.
Lord Berminator
Skirmisher
posted 11-29-08 01:03 AM EDT (US)     284 / 804       
Remember this is a war stories thread, guys, not a Jap-Bashing thread, however fun that may be =P

Scenarios: Worldmap Series I: North America, Worldmap Series II: Caribbean, The Wasteland

ImperialLobster
Skirmisher
posted 11-29-08 12:09 PM EDT (US)     285 / 804       
yeh back on track...

KEEP
CALM
AND
CARRY
ON
≤≤≤≤≤See my YouTube channel for some crazy pointless crap!≥≥≥≥≥
As_Saffah
Scenario Reviewer
posted 11-29-08 08:55 PM EDT (US)     286 / 804       

lol

Crunkatog on ESO
Crunkatog on Steam.
Pandar
Skirmisher
posted 11-29-08 08:59 PM EDT (US)     287 / 804       
I love how I stayed the 50 minutes I was out of the game.
Teutonic Twit
Scenario Reviewer
posted 11-29-08 09:10 PM EDT (US)     288 / 804       
So what map did he think he was playing on... Water World?
Where's Kevin Costner when you need him...

[This message has been edited by Teutonic Twit (edited 11-29-2008 @ 09:13 PM).]

Pandar
Skirmisher
posted 11-29-08 09:31 PM EDT (US)     289 / 804       
Plymouth.
As_Saffah
Scenario Reviewer
posted 11-29-08 09:38 PM EDT (US)     290 / 804       
Where's Kevin Costner when you need him...
He was busy filming Dances with Wolves I guess...

Crunkatog on ESO
Crunkatog on Steam.
Teutonic Twit
Scenario Reviewer
posted 11-29-08 09:40 PM EDT (US)     291 / 804       
Guess that explains all the canoes...

(Pandar-Plymouth...)thx but...
(lot's of canoes..Water world...it was a joke)

[This message has been edited by Teutonic Twit (edited 11-29-2008 @ 09:52 PM).]

LordKivlov
Royal Guard
posted 11-29-08 10:12 PM EDT (US)     292 / 804       
Saffah getting mad at me made that game entirely worth it.

And making Sad resign with 25 Elmeti's and then attacking Jim's Strelets with Ninjas.

[This message has been edited by LordKivlov (edited 11-29-2008 @ 10:15 PM).]

sneaky_squirrel
Skirmisher
posted 11-30-08 00:26 AM EDT (US)     293 / 804       
This thread is getting a bit FFAee, how about I spice it up with a nice team game story?

It was day like any other, I had played 3 games using chinese cause I felt like using them (I never actually had use them before), I lost all 3 games :S, yeah I wasn't sure how to do it with Chinese, mostly managing the economy was the problem (How much of each they use).

So now the fourth and final one I was in a 2 vs 2 playing agaisnt a mastr sgt and a corporal and me (Mstr sgt) and a corporal ally, pretty fair, this is the setting:

Map: Carolina
Game: Team (2 vs 2)

Team 1
Blue Mstr Sgt French
Yellow Corporal Portuguese

Team 2
Red Me XD Chinese
Green Corporal Ottos

This how the story goes my children (I will ask you at each point to reflect on which team is most likely to win.

Ok so the game started, and I quickly told my ally "I'll go old han army, you jannies right?", he replied with "yeah", since I didn't know how to play chinese I just did what I usually did, I sent a villy forward to make a village in the middle to secure a raid free hunting sanctuary later in the game and a place to receive my unit shipments for my rush, so I made the village, then blue (French) aged, shortly after I aged with porcelian tower, then yellow, then 1 minute later green aged.

Who will win?

I had made my academy to start pumping a few old han armies while shipping 8 xbows, by that time I had realized yellow had placed a barracks very close to mine, I was pretty confident to take ti down with greens janny help, and just when I was about to attack, I told green "K bring in the jannies", green responded with a terrifying answer "What jannies?", just when I read what he wrote I noticed he had no FB, no jannies, no barracks, I was like WTF, then I asked green, "I told you to make jannies", green told me "Ottos can't rush", so after a lot of cursing from my side green decided to make a barracks.

Who will win?

A bit too late though, so I was forced to attack yellow alone, I attack with my small force of 14 bows and 6 pikes while I was shipping 9 additional ones against yellow's 10 musk and 8 xbows, I raped his army and their FB with 7 steppe riders shipment(Yellow barracks and blue barracks and stable) blue had FFed and had already sent me 3 curiasiers which I barely managed to kill my pikes and chukonu focus fire, I reinforced my army with a few more old han army musters, so I advanced for yellow's TC which was at the top of the map, after that I took a peek at the scores, I matched blue's score and yellow had a slightly better score than green (Bad cause otto scores are normally superior for some reason), so I was catching up with a guy in fortress age and I was in colonial, and my ally was doing worse than a Portuguese corporal.

Who will win?

After taking down yellows town, I started to age with pagoda for disciples and making villages for more pop I was luckily running out thx to my large army, just when I noticed that inside one of my village's los was a yellow TC, probably the Portuguese bonus TC sicne yellow was in second age, so I destroyed it with my old han army, by this time green was making jannies 5 by five till he had 15 of them...I know pathetic...

Who will win?

When I finally age I start spamming territorial armies with my surprisingly good economy (I was hunting everywhere on the map, each herd had village near it in case of raids and had a lot of miners) and I ship a few hand mortars while making a castle to train more, when I manage to get a sizable army I directly attack blue, so I told green to send his 25 jannies (He made 10 more) and newly acquired abus guns, and he refuses to for like 20 seconds so my arm was on heavy fire from both my enemy's armies, until he finally came to reinforce, I lost 3 hand mortars thanks to that, as soon as the castle was made I began training mortars when I noticed blue's unupgraded wall finally gave into my artillery, so I advanced with my entire army of a 100 men into the dark abyss of blue's town, surprisingly he had almost no men, 2 mills near the shore and a lot of couriers running for the north, unluckily my army was too slow to catch up so I just sieged everything on my path with my 30 skirms and 30 changdao, oh and yellow cassadors were shooting at me all this time.

When blue's weak town was destroyed I headed for yellow's base right after I could reach and pummel the yellow cassadors, I start making a lot of cav in case f something going wrong, but nothing did go wrong, the enemy just ran for a while until they accepted that I had reached 160 pop, man I sure wish had maxed to make that sentence more heroic.

Right after that my opponents congratulate me on kicking the asses of 2 corporals alone (Green didn't make men at colonial and barely made some when the enemy was attacking back, and made just a fraction of my army when I was winning the game.

The thing that saved my ass that day was that China can sure spam men mid game, oh and how do you take screenies of postgames and deck?, cause the time line was hilarious, my ally was always at the bottom and I was slowly going for the top as the enemy kept beating my ally in score (My ally was never attacked and had only 20 vills on mills 30 min into the game) and I couldn't take a shoot at it cause F5 won't work.

The Gods have left us, therefore making the old world crumble and turn into ashes...

But as the gods return, from the ashes of the old world, shall rise a more beautiful and powerful new world, and life will begin once more, if they hadn't closed...dang you ES.

[This message has been edited by sneaky_squirrel (edited 11-30-2008 @ 10:51 AM).]

ImperialLobster
Skirmisher
posted 11-30-08 07:47 AM EDT (US)     294 / 804       
ok i will guess. u win

KEEP
CALM
AND
CARRY
ON
≤≤≤≤≤See my YouTube channel for some crazy pointless crap!≥≥≥≥≥
Colonel Jacob
Skirmisher
posted 11-30-08 07:54 AM EDT (US)     295 / 804       
Easy-you lose. French and Ports pull back and boom, you get run over with Drags+Musks+Cuirs mercilessly. The end.

"You came into my 'no india or japan' game yesterday and called me a noob who can't beat OP civs." -Pandar

"Yes, I got wtfpwnzrd by a revolution, just because it was totally unexpected."
~Mediolanus

My mace+coyotes can own your mom right off of your face, noob!
sneaky_squirrel
Skirmisher
posted 11-30-08 05:12 PM EDT (US)     296 / 804       
Lol Jacob ;p.

The Gods have left us, therefore making the old world crumble and turn into ashes...

But as the gods return, from the ashes of the old world, shall rise a more beautiful and powerful new world, and life will begin once more, if they hadn't closed...dang you ES.
Lord Berminator
Skirmisher
posted 11-30-08 07:29 PM EDT (US)     297 / 804       
Inspired by Sneaky Squirrel, I decided to play a 7-man FFA on Large Saguenay as China for the first time. From left to right, going from the left of the lake around the edge of map to the right of the lake:

Blue-Japs
Purp-French
Yellow-French
Green-French
Teal-Germans
Red-Germans
Orange(Me)-China

The game started off with me having an argument with blue and red over the no warships rule. Eventually when they threatened to team me, I finally gave up. Blue then said brb, then mysteriously resigned before the ten minute mark. One of my enemies down.
During all of Colonial, I then built up a huge army of about 50 CKN and Qiangs, 10 steppes and a few keshliks. I traveled down to red, who was below me, as I aged to Fortress. When my cavalry started to raid his unprotected hunters and all my infantry showed up at his TC to take on his 7 xbows and 5 uhlans, he resigned immediately without saying a thing. I began to wall up the northeastern part of the map and build docks and ships.
Some time later while we were all in Fortress, teal defeated green's army somewhere along the way and green resigned. Now it was me, teal, purp, and yellow left.
Everyone boomed like there was no tomorrow and I pumped out a gigantic army for protection and maxed my pop. I was the last to Imperial. After he had gotten spies, purple lagged out.
Teal and yellow were beginning to clash. At first it was a stalemate, but slowly yellow gained the advantage and just as I finally got spies, teal resigned. I had been preparing the whole time for the inevitable conflict with a fully boomed French player (yellow).
And then the half hour siege of my territory began. I had three layers of wall, all spaced apart; the outermost layer was interrupted by the trade route. He began building FBs all around me and started his attack and the trade route gap. I held out there for a while, but eventually I was pushed back. His cuirrassiers were godly powerful. This stage took about five minutes. I destroyed some of his fbs, though, which delayed him, and bombarded his shoreline fbs with monitors and ships. His army proceeded to attacked my second wall. For ten minutes, there was a back and forth battle at the second layer. But soon he brought in petards in the middle are of the outer wall, and began to attacked from both sides. I couldn't hold him off for long and he soon broke through the second wall in two spots, though I rebuilt it several times to keep him at bay. Soon enough, I found myself frantically defending my the last layer of wall which was a part of a circular wall that enclosed my main city. He broke through in the far east of the wall and center, but for nearly fifteen minutes I held him off, constantly rebuilding castles and walls and spamming units. I allied with the British and brought in field guns and redcoats and rogers rangers, and got heavy cannons from a russian factory and flying crows from the Confucian Academy. But bit by bit his monstrous cuirs took down my buildings and I fled up north. My army was smaller than his at this point, so I began to load my men into ships for a final defense. I knew I was going to lose from the start of the siege; it was just a question of how long I could hold out. The other player actually admitted that I was doing a great job for my first time as China.
Once he had completely purged my city, he built docks around the lake and surrounded my navy. In one last heroic stand on the water, my last ship finally went down. The game was over.
Morale of the game that I hoped red learned: DON'T try and take away the water from Lord Bermy.

Pandar
Skirmisher
posted 12-01-08 03:59 PM EDT (US)     298 / 804       
I refuse to let French into my FFA. They undoubtably are able to boom and then they've automatically won unless there's another frenchie or a German player.
As_Saffah
Scenario Reviewer
posted 12-01-08 04:20 PM EDT (US)     299 / 804       
It's really a matter of cooperation. Most FFA players know not to let the French guy boom, etc.

Only a few will be mature enough to hammer out a temporary truce and go triple-team the Frenchie into submission.

Usually someone has to get raped before they will agree to a truce with a neighbor to take out a third person. By then they may not have much to offer in terms of aid. It depends - FFA sort of has its own "code of honour" where a series of crippling villie raids is seen as more sporting than all-out siege and scorched earth. But when you are playing aginst a French or Jap player, often its the latter strat that works, not the former.

Crunkatog on ESO
Crunkatog on Steam.
Lord Berminator
Skirmisher
posted 12-01-08 06:35 PM EDT (US)     300 / 804       
POST 300! heheh sorry had to

But yeah Saffah very good points there with the French and FFAs lol

« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 11 12 13 14 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 33  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames