Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » War Stories Thread
Bottom
Topic Subject:War Stories Thread
« Previous Page  1 ··· 12 13 14 15 16 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 33  Next Page »
Lord Berminator
Skirmisher
posted 02-01-08 10:45 PM EDT (US)         
Yep, here I go again.

Well, this one I lost, but it was fun. It was 1v1 on Ozarks, I was Russia opponent was Sioux. We both aged to Colonial around same time. Ironically, we eneded up trying to build fbs int the same spot, and he destroyed mine. Pretty soon he attacked me, the same time I attacked him. I killed of a few villys, but my army was small since my initial fb had been stopped. The Sioux player didn't take down my TC yet. But soon, his next wave took it down. My CM bought me time for my villys to run away.

So I start rebuilding to the south. I get up 3 blockhouses and begin spamming strelets. It was hilarious, you shoulda seen it. This guy goes back to his base after taking my TC. I get strelets coming in at him from all sides, and he never knows where I am going to strike next. Its all hit an run. I constrict his villys into his town, weakening his eco. I snipe at a few villys, then retreat. And the funny thing is I'm attacking from 3 places at once, so he hardly ever caches me. I do this for at least 20 minutes after he took down my TC. He says to me, "You are the most annoying person I have ever played." I just laugh.

Eventually he masses and army large enough to defend and attack my weak rebuild at the same time. I may have lost, but it was great fun, and it was excellent micro practice.

I WANT YOU to post your stories now!! Participate, people!

Scenarios: Worldmap Series I: North America, Worldmap Series II: Caribbean, The Wasteland

Editor of: Orissa, Kill the Sun, Bathe in Hate

Current Projects: Fog of War, Island Hopping

[This message has been edited by Lord Berminator (edited 12-18-2010 @ 01:16 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
Dabottle
Skirmisher
posted 12-11-08 12:05 PM EDT (US)     326 / 804       
i always have my anti virus pop up its so annoying
and once thee update thing happened to me but age didn't crash

ESO Name: Dabottle
Clan: TSR (The Soul Reapers)
Civs: Britain, China, France and Sioux
Check out my-->Guide to China (Will update soon)
ROFL
As_Saffah
Scenario Reviewer
posted 12-11-08 01:52 PM EDT (US)     327 / 804       
Had this happen a while back, Miranda decided to announce an upgrade to download and install just as I was getting to industrial age. FAILDROP.

Crunkatog on ESO
Bart331 balance suggestion: aztec: remove civ
Voltiguer: Ender, Sioux in 1.04 will be a top civ, no matter how many layers of Sioux goggles you put on
schildpad on Elephants: ...their mansabdar unit sucks so hard it looks like a black hole
Crunkatog on Steam.
oliandsam
Skirmisher
posted 12-11-08 03:10 PM EDT (US)     328 / 804       
It was AVG that struck me

eso name: oliandsam
clan: some silly dutch one
"A single death is a tragedy. A million deaths is a statistic."
Sometimes I think war is God's way of teaching us geography. - Paul Rodriguez
Emperor_Kyle
Skirmisher
posted 12-11-08 03:21 PM EDT (US)     329 / 804       
That reminds me of a time when my partner told me he'd be back in five minutes during the middle of an intense battle. He never came back, but I somehow managed to win by a huge margin, even though the game was about even at the time that he left. I felt good.

ESO2: Kyle_The_Brave
Clan: Proud Officer of Trỉρℓε ΣņτễηţϠ, [TΣ]

"Why make your own inspirational quotes when you can just read the side of O_Man's Ssips juices?" - A wise prophet
"The best way to die is to spontaneously combust during a drum solo battle with Lars Ulrich" - The Blair
CrazyLunatic
Veteran Musketeer
posted 12-11-08 09:18 PM EDT (US)     330 / 804       
reminds me of a 3 vs 3 when one team mate dropped out, my other team mate and I still managed to win, but some nooby cheater on the other team did something that made out of sync message pop up for everyone at last second so the game didn't count

QUACK
Pandar
Skirmisher
posted 12-13-08 11:45 AM EDT (US)     331 / 804       
Saffah, do you remember what happened in that FFA we played last night? I went ahead and left after I cleared blue's base and he cleared mine.
Dabottle
Skirmisher
posted 12-13-08 11:55 AM EDT (US)     332 / 804       
Just owned some otto with FP japan and he said his strat always beats TAD1.01a Japan (yumis are kinda op still)
AND i am finally 2nd lieut

ESO Name: Dabottle
Clan: TSR (The Soul Reapers)
Civs: Britain, China, France and Sioux
Check out my-->Guide to China (Will update soon)
ROFL
Emperor_Kyle
Skirmisher
posted 12-13-08 04:36 PM EDT (US)     333 / 804       
When all else fails and your army is dead, use vils to break into the towns of players that lagged out to start anew.

"Why make your own inspirational quotes when you can just read the side of O_Man's Ssips juices?" - A wise prophet
"The best way to die is to spontaneously combust during a drum solo battle with Lars Ulrich" - The Blair
As_Saffah
Scenario Reviewer
posted 12-13-08 04:49 PM EDT (US)     334 / 804       
Saffah, do you remember what happened in that FFA we played last night? I went ahead and left after I cleared blue's base and he cleared mine.
Yellow attacked me two more times and was beaten back. Yellow then turned his attention to purple, he and green and I think blue (can't remember) triple teamed purple and forced him out, then green and yellow attacked blue. Then yellow announced he had to go, my husband's mom and little brother came over uninvited, I had to go, and yellow was the only one left.

IMO we should have dropped yellow the first time he lagged. Not only was he a bad neighbor, but mouthy as hell.

Crunkatog on ESO
Voltiguer: Ender, Sioux in 1.04 will be a top civ, no matter how many layers of Sioux goggles you put on
schildpad on Elephants: ...their mansabdar unit sucks so hard it looks like a black hole
Crunkatog on Steam.
Pandar
Skirmisher
posted 12-13-08 07:23 PM EDT (US)     335 / 804       
Ahh okay. I was only interested in my little border war with blue, and I noticed you getting mad (as usual) at yellow 'cause he was attacking you. I broke through 4 layers of walls of blue's base at the same time he broke through my one wall with hussars.
Emperor_Kyle
Skirmisher
posted 12-18-08 08:38 PM EDT (US)     336 / 804       
I just played one of the most irritating games of my life.

It was a 1v1 on Carolina. I was Ottos, opponent was another master serg using Russia. I figured I'd do a Spahi FF, so I got to colonial and ended up reaching Fortress at 6:39 with the 400 wood + galley politician. I sent the galley to block off the water on his side. That's about when he attacked me from behind my town.
At first I was shocked, but then I realized that his fb was barely above me. I have no clue how he slipped by without being seen.
It was mostly strelets with some cossacks, so when my 5 spahi arrived, +6 was flying up all over the place. I sent 2 falcs after that and made some jans, then destroyed the blockhouses he had built above my town.
Meanwhile, I was starting to fish-boom. My galley was destroyed when it went too close to a blockhouse, so he was able to get a dock up (which I didn't notice until it was too late and he made warships to get my boats).
I pressed on his town after making more jans and some hussars. It was a bit hard at first, but I kept constant production while destroying his houses and military buildings. I also shipped 5 mamelukes to aid in the strelet-massacre.
Then I shipped a fort and placed it in the middle of the map and scouted for remaining vils. I crushed any attempt to rebuild. Eventually, I couldn't find him so I went to Imperial and got spies and blockade.

This is when it gets annoying. On the little island in the water, he had built a town center, shipped a factory, and build a couple docks. There were also 2 falcs on the island to guard it, as well as 2 frigates, some canoes that he must have gotten before I tore down one of his posts, and some caravels.
It took me a long time to finish him off. He destroyed my docks and fishing boats, so I had to make culverins to destroy his ships so my vils could build a dock. I smacked 4 docks into the water and made 2 monitors, then shelled his factory. I also got his canoes and fishing boats with my cannons.

After that he quit and said I got lucky at the beginning with my spahi. Meh.
Stats

[This message has been edited by Emperor_Kyle (edited 12-18-2008 @ 08:39 PM).]

CrazyLunatic
Veteran Musketeer
posted 12-18-08 09:11 PM EDT (US)     337 / 804       
lol i hate when people just have a hidden base on that island on carolina when they're completely dead. monitors is the way to go

QUACK
As_Saffah
Scenario Reviewer
posted 12-18-08 09:52 PM EDT (US)     338 / 804       
monitors is the way to go
It's a two-way street, chicky-boo. He who builds monitors from docks on the island has a special place in hell though.

Crunkatog on ESO
Crunkatog on Steam.
CrazyLunatic
Veteran Musketeer
posted 12-18-08 11:15 PM EDT (US)     339 / 804       
doesnt matter... your eco will be way greater than his... hell you could just build like 100000 docks all over the coastline and then start spamming caravels to kill his ships and later monitors for his base, with only 3 monitors there's not much he can do.

QUACK

[This message has been edited by CrazyLunatic (edited 12-18-2008 @ 11:16 PM).]

Emperor_Kyle
Skirmisher
posted 12-19-08 07:04 AM EDT (US)     340 / 804       
It was kinda hard to get docks up because my villagers got canoe'd to death while building them. My culverins had to go back and forth across the map to defend them, and I had to make more cannons to try to cover more of the coastline.

Vincey
Skirmisher
posted 12-19-08 07:19 AM EDT (US)     341 / 804       
I always build a TC, Fort or some towers on the tiny islands on Carolina, New England, Honshu etc. to protect my fishing boats. Works pretty well.
A_US_James246
Scenario Reviewer
(id: James246)
posted 12-19-08 07:59 AM EDT (US)     342 / 804       
I always build a TC, Fort or some towers on the tiny islands on Carolina, New England, Honshu etc. to protect my fishing boats. Works pretty well.
Omg. Why are you so rebel?
Emperor_Kyle
Skirmisher
posted 12-19-08 10:24 PM EDT (US)     343 / 804       
Town center: 600 wood.
Plantation: 800 wood.
2 factories: Two Industrial Age shipments, equivalent of 3200 res.
Having a friend fight off 3 people at once while you send 29 redcoats, 30 guards grenades with advanced upgrade, and 3 mortars into their helpless towns and level all those and much more within 2 minutes with the help of 10 hatamoto from a friend: priceless.

As_Saffah
Scenario Reviewer
posted 12-19-08 10:40 PM EDT (US)     344 / 804       
Sucks being the friend.

Just had a really bad 3v3 on Borneo. My neighbor (French) lagged out after deciding he was going to turtle. This turned out to be an awesome decision, because he had walls I could hide in while I rebuilt my base. We got cleared off the land and I had a bunch of warships with me and yellow's guys (China) inside, running from side to side of the map. I would land some villagers, manor boom a tiny bit, build some more fishing boats, then wait for the inevitable giant army to come over and wreck my manors and dock. I managed to keep them away from our fishing operations for quite a while doing this.

Chinese guy had gotten to industrial and sent Old Han reforms and had a rather impressive army on the land. He finally lost his factory but kept on till the bitter end, hoping maybe that I would reach imperial, or someone on the other team would give up in disgust.

I also managed to land my explorer twice, build a TC and age up to Fortress and Industrial this way. Finally it just got ridiculous and I suicided my frigates into a mess of cannons, Elmeti, and ships to buy my galleons time to make 20-25 redcoats. They weren't enough.

Crunkatog on ESO
Crunkatog on Steam.
Emperor_Kyle
Skirmisher
posted 12-19-08 10:52 PM EDT (US)     345 / 804       
Sucks being the friend.
He told me to let him do that. The real person suffering was my OTHER ally. About 10 minutes into the game he got raided by hussars and somehow didn't see it so he lost all but 2 vils.
Their fb was in front of his town, so the fighting was constantly there. Poor guy couldn't get his eco going and hovered around 100 points even when it was 40 minutes into the game.
My friend was Japan so it wasn't too hard, and I hit their fb with some grenades and Cherokee while they were fighting him, so their reinforcements stopped coming. That's when they went for one last attack while I snuck around and did my job.

As_Saffah
Scenario Reviewer
posted 12-20-08 10:47 AM EDT (US)     346 / 804       
I've had games like that. I was playing on New England once and my mate was Dutch and defended 2v1 while I landed 30 cuirs on their backdoor. I've also been Germans with an Iro ally on Sonora (TTC is hilarious with Great House btw) and fronted vs. 4 opponents while he and ally-Brits ran max pop armies up the sides of the map and caught all of them with their pants down. I lost all but about 10 settlers but it was worth it.

Crunkatog on ESO
Crunkatog on Steam.
Colonel Jacob
Skirmisher
posted 12-20-08 07:57 PM EDT (US)     347 / 804       
I had a game kinda like that a couple of doays ago... I was Iro with a Sioux ally vs Otto and Spain. After smiting spain early on, the Otto guy boomed. It became a fortress war, and my ally and I pulled off a brilliant move where his axe and bow riders raided, killed bunches of vills, and coaxed his massive army of jans (he never made any abus[e]guns....) out of his base, where I had a mass force of previously stealthed FPs. Needless to say, the army was gone in a small while. I brought in mantlets and rams, and sioux guy seige dance'd his cav. The base was leveled.

I won =P

"You came into my 'no india or japan' game yesterday and called me a noob who can't beat OP civs." -Pandar

"Yes, I got wtfpwnzrd by a revolution, just because it was totally unexpected."
~Mediolanus

My mace+coyotes can own your mom right off of your face, noob!
AlejandroLatino4
Skirmisher
posted 12-22-08 01:49 AM EDT (US)     348 / 804       
@emporerkyl
LOL conqueror ryan is 1 of my friends XD ima send him that pic to prove he sucks lol

Cookie,"Orange i dont think you know who you're dealling with," after 5mins to 10mins of war later... Orange,"i dont think you know who ur deallin with"
ESO;AOE3,TWC,& TAD username: Alexodeconqure (i think lol)
<>< Another post done by a fishy noob <><
<>< Alejandro J. Diaz <><
Emperor_Kyle
Skirmisher
posted 12-22-08 06:59 AM EDT (US)     349 / 804       
Nah, I think he lagged out or something. xD

MightyFish
Skirmisher
posted 12-22-08 07:24 AM EDT (US)     350 / 804       
I just played a QS on Great Lakes (summer).

I occupied the island fairly early on and built 4 x Outposts. These dominated the water while I fished it out and mined the coin on the island.

However the other guy thought that owning that island was the most important thing in the game. He tried everything. Eventually he decided to spam Canoes. This was after all of the fish were gone.

His favourite unit? 89 Canoes.

For an island with considerably less than 8900 wood remaining on it....
« Previous Page  1 ··· 12 13 14 15 16 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 33  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames