You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.29 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Please! Boost the Brits!
Bottom
Topic Subject:Please! Boost the Brits!
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
kilmaim
Skirmisher
posted 05-04-08 07:31 PM EDT (US)         
Now that all the unit balancing is done and over...I think it's defintly time the British received their fair share.
AuthorReplies:
live hard
Skirmisher
posted 05-04-08 07:37 PM EDT (US)     1 / 29       
fair share of what? the only thing bad about brits now is the long bows aren't as good. i'm guessing they're yur fav civ and that doesn't mean they should be boosted. maybe they will be boosted next patch but i doubt es8 will make changes because one person's fav civ doesn't work as well for them

ESO name: ryan_vball
'i was just in a game vs i think india and he had sepots and something else'- adamh4325
Usually periods are a bit smaller and less yellow, but I'll let it slide this time
"Weed should be illegal, so should tobacco - and alcohol."-some random guy
'And sex, because you might fall off the bed and hurt your ankle.'*GoForGoldenJarls*
ultimitsu
Skirmisher
posted 05-04-08 08:57 PM EDT (US)     2 / 29       
i think last patch had given brit some boosts:

1, overall boost to musket unit and nerf to LI units (british has 2 muskts upgrade in colonial and 1 in fortress)
2, boost to cavalry unit (british has 2 hussar upgrade in colonial and 1 in fortress)
3, boost to fortress marksman politician
4, boost to blackwatch (as in churh now cost 150 less wood)

that and longbow got that 2 dmg boost in TAd 1.00, bring their attack back to 17, same as original aoe3.

as far as 1v1 foes, I cant quite see why british shouldnt do better than port, spanish, dutch, ottoman, and possibly french and sioux.

in team games british is definitely quite strong.
Myll_Erik
Seraph Emeritus
posted 05-04-08 09:20 PM EDT (US)     3 / 29       
I dont see anything wrong with brits atm - at least around my level.

Veni, Vidi, Vici
Trample the Weak - Hurdle the Dead!
"It's kind of a...persnickety magic." Atzy
End of Nations!
End of Nations Community Manager
CookieCrisp13
Skirmisher
posted 05-04-08 09:30 PM EDT (US)     4 / 29       
another one? :P

Proud winner of the FFA Winter Round '07!
[Judgε][Epic Thread]
My Vods:[One] [Two][Three][Four]
"with all the bling on a mandsabar you could win the game by paying the enemy to resign." IL
Colonel_UGMO
Veteran Musketeer (Content Contributor)
posted 05-04-08 09:33 PM EDT (US)     5 / 29       
The top player atm plays brits!

ESO NAME: UGMO
I AM USING: TAD
I AM PLAYING: The Aztecs, British and Russians
.oO James246: Well, you wouldn't be able to sigg any dumb things I say, because I don't say them. :P Oo.
Eicho
Skirmisher
posted 05-04-08 09:39 PM EDT (US)     6 / 29       
This is one of the cases were i have to use:

1v1 me and i'll show you Brits are balanced
MightyFish
Skirmisher
posted 05-04-08 09:50 PM EDT (US)     7 / 29       
Interesting concept: "it's my civs 'turn' to be OP!" I don't think it works this way.

Although I didn't play then back in Vanilla I believe that the Brits were OP - read the strat thread about LB rushes. (Don't try it at home.) So you you might have missed your turn.

As a Brit player I have found, post 1.01 TAD patch, that it's easier to win against all non-OP civs. I count India as OP. This is not to say that Britain is an easy civ. Very limited Age 2 military shipments for example compare 6 LB with the Germans with 9 XBows (I think) + 2 Uhlans. Tricky but doable.
CookieCrisp13
Skirmisher
posted 05-04-08 10:43 PM EDT (US)     8 / 29       
British are certainly a force to be reckoned with- anyone played DUKON recently? My germans stood no chance against his semi turtle/expansion.

Come to think of it he did that while spamming hussars against my WW/Cannon and won..

Proud winner of the FFA Winter Round '07!
[Judgε][Epic Thread]
My Vods:[One] [Two][Three][Four]
"with all the bling on a mandsabar you could win the game by paying the enemy to resign." IL
kilmaim
Skirmisher
posted 05-05-08 07:20 PM EDT (US)     9 / 29       
This has nothing to do with the Brits being "my civ". It's merely a matter of logistics. If you don't have the 6LB and 6Msk cards in your deck and try to pull a Nature Phoenix, your TC is toast when rushed - by practically anyone...if you do get have them in your deck, then it's a litte more than "tricky but doable".

1. Chinese, Japs and India practically own Brits.

2. Equal amount of Skirms own Longbows (still).

3. Longbows should eat Xbows (or thereabouts - this is a joke! Moreover, Chinese Bows eat Longbows - pathetically hilarious!).

4. I'm very familiar with Vanilla mass LB's -> "So you might have missed your turn" speaks volumes as to my overall point.

5. Just because the Strongest Player in the world plays Brits doesn't mean there isn't something wrong with the Brits...it merely only suggests he remains the strongest player in the world regardless of what Civ he (Nature Phoenix) plays.

6. If there's nothing wrong with the Brits...why no 1.01a Brit recordings on Age Sanctuary (of course, there is this one, which is an expert game...http://agesanctuary.com/index.php?portal=TAD&fview=9&showtopic=106588&#entry1170050 and after you guys watch it...you tell me what the problem is! Because it seems fairly obvious that [MTSP]Dom_Sierra should have beaten [LClan]Anima).

7. Longbows need a major boost.

8. CIR needs to be removed from the Advanced Aresenal and replaced with something useful to the Brits (I've been saying this for months!).

9. Everyone who I've played with online at and over the rank of Captain says that Longbows need a Boost.

10. Everyone who I've played with online at and over the rank of Captain says Brits are still lacking...it just seemed sequitar to post this thread...
ultimitsu
Skirmisher
posted 05-06-08 00:27 AM EDT (US)     10 / 29       
1. Chinese, Japs and India practically own Brits.
indian and jap are top civ, they beat most civs that is not german.
2. Equal amount of Skirms own Longbows (still).
34 dmg in 3 second would lose to 15 dmg in 3 seconds when HP difference is less than 25%?
3. Longbows should eat Xbows (or thereabouts - this is a joke! Moreover, Chinese Bows eat Longbows - pathetically hilarious!).
34 dmg VS 16 dmg and 15 dmg, you cant lose unless you delete your own longbows
5. Just because the Strongest Player in the world plays Brits doesn't mean there isn't something wrong with the Brits...it merely only suggests he remains the strongest player in the world regardless of what Civ he (Nature Phoenix) plays.
the thing is NP is not the best player, he shares that title with iamgrant and starsky.

his british proves that british can be played in a very effective manner, you cant say that about otto in the moment.
7. Longbows need a major boost.
they already did! 17 dmg x1.25 vs HI.
9. Everyone who I've played with online at and over the rank of Captain says that Longbows need a Boost.

10. Everyone who I've played with online at and over the rank of Captain says Brits are still lacking...it just seemed sequitar to post this thread...
you are asking the wrong people, try PR 30~40
TjRome
Skirmisher
posted 05-06-08 00:39 AM EDT (US)     11 / 29       
The tricky thing w/ longbows is that once they get into melle-attack, they're damage out-put instantly is halved. Most other ranged infantry doesn't have this problem because they go from a ROF of 3.0 to 1.5. Thus the damage output is similiar (however the unit that is hand-attacking them probably has mele armor, so the damage output won't be quite as high as a ranged attack)

Thus, long bows need to be kept at long distance when possible, and once set up, they cannot hit and run. Thus you need a GOOD meat shield, and good micro to be really good w/ longbows. Their tricky to use, but when used properly, they're one of the best ranged infantry in the game. no boost is needed.
Myll_Erik
Seraph Emeritus
posted 05-06-08 01:39 AM EDT (US)     12 / 29       
The only thing wrong with brits is that people try to make them be a civ their not. They are not an otto or a jap or even a french.

They have their place - and its fine. They can field a great army - huss/musk/lb/falc - while booming like mad - a vill for each house!

Your trying to get brit to be the be all end all of civs by making it able to rush/boom/have a super unit (LB)/no other civ should beat them.

Mass longbow beat mass skirm...not sure what your problem is there unless your fighting vet skirm vs un-upgraded LB. Well managed LB even beat cav if you find the right spots....

Veni, Vidi, Vici
Trample the Weak - Hurdle the Dead!
"It's kind of a...persnickety magic." Atzy
End of Nations!
End of Nations Community Manager
Lord_Richjp
Skirmisher
posted 05-06-08 11:27 AM EDT (US)     13 / 29       
Basically you're saying

Lbows suck, Lbows suck, lbows suck, and lbows suck? - Well, yes, but that doesn't mean Brits suck, try using a unit other than longbows? Like cav vs enemy LI? And it is easy to beat a rush without using both the age 2 military cards - quite frankly they both suck so it wouldn't make much difference anyway.

The only boost to brits I would be happy with would be longbows vs HI.

My grandmother slaps harder than the Agra Fort shoots. And she's dead. ~ Ender_Ward

By the same token, if I attempt to operate the mouse using nothing but my butt-cheeks, micro will also come down to "luck." ~ Beatnikjoe
Eicho
Skirmisher
posted 05-06-08 04:16 PM EDT (US)     14 / 29       
If you don't have the 6LB and 6Msk cards in your deck and try to pull a Nature Phoenix, your TC is toast when rushed
I have those card in almost none of my decks.

1v1 me and i'll show you how balanced Brits are.
You can go with any civ you want, i go Britain... guaranteed i'll own you without using those cards.
kilmaim
Skirmisher
posted 05-06-08 07:11 PM EDT (US)     15 / 29       
Basically you're saying

Lbows suck, Lbows suck, lbows suck, and lbows suck? - Well, yes, but that doesn't mean Brits suck, try using a unit other than longbows? Like cav vs enemy LI? And it is easy to beat a rush without using both the age 2 military cards - quite frankly they both suck so it wouldn't make much difference anyway.

The only boost to brits I would be happy with would be longbows vs HI.
@Lord_RichJP
See...this is what I love about this forum! Everyone ass-u-me's that they know what you do and how you play. I don't use "only" Longbows...or spam Longbows. Haven't done that since it became unfeasible for mass longbows just after 'nilla 1.06 although...so, for the most part, your assumption would be wrong that I don't use muskets...which I do quite frequently. You entire arguement is way off base to assume I don't use Cav against LI, especially since in patch 1.01 Cav now crushes LI SO, either you really think I'm that ****** stupid, or you have the intellectual capacity of a hat...it remains to be seen.

@Eicho
I'll be happy to join you in a 1v1. Invite me when your online.

[This message has been edited by kilmaim (edited 05-06-2008 @ 07:15 PM).]

Eicho
Skirmisher
posted 05-06-08 08:14 PM EDT (US)     16 / 29       
You'll have to invite me, my friend list is full

Remember i'll go Britain and you'll go other civ, preferably one of those you say "owns Brits"
kilmaim
Skirmisher
posted 05-06-08 08:16 PM EDT (US)     17 / 29       
Added
StevoPhilo
Skirmisher
posted 05-06-08 08:37 PM EDT (US)     18 / 29       
record this game. I want to see it lmao.
kilmaim
Skirmisher
posted 05-06-08 08:53 PM EDT (US)     19 / 29       
Definitely not a problem...we can definitely record the game - besides, I try to record all my games - what's the big deal? Nevermind...I forgot, people like to blow things way out of propotion/make mountains out of mole hills/add drama to real life instead of turning on TNT/convolute things/over exaggerate things/cry over spilt milk/can't let things go(kinda like me with LB's;-but that doesn't count because that would apply to me )

[This message has been edited by kilmaim (edited 05-06-2008 @ 09:02 PM).]

LordKivlov
Royal Guard
posted 05-06-08 09:13 PM EDT (US)     20 / 29       
It's not going to be much of a fight, the skill difference is far too large to prove anything.

Proud Citizen of Sovietcanuckistan
Eicho
Skirmisher
posted 05-06-08 09:27 PM EDT (US)     21 / 29       
Kivly you want kilmaim to stop making this type of "whine threads" or not?
LordKivlov
Royal Guard
posted 05-06-08 09:30 PM EDT (US)     22 / 29       
It doesn't prove anything if someone of higher skill beats you. All that proves is you're a better player than him and could probably beat him with any civ. If someone his rank played him with Britain and mauled him, then it would.

Also, It's Kiverly, not Kivly.

Proud Citizen of Sovietcanuckistan
Eicho
Skirmisher
posted 05-06-08 09:39 PM EDT (US)     23 / 29       
I like Kivly <3

And obiusly i know that it wont prove much that some higer-ranked player beates him, but i like using the "1v1 me and i'll show you"
And then maybe kilmaim watchs the rec, sees how i play brits, starts playing like that and stops whining Brits R UP.
Jer_IV
Skirmisher
posted 05-06-08 10:15 PM EDT (US)     24 / 29       
I think ES is doing their best to rewrite history.

Brits used to be the most powerful country in AOE3-type times, now they kinda...suck.

ES didnt like the Iroquois flag (google image it) so they decided to change it to something weird.

Japan was in Isolation, contained to their own island only, yet they have to 'expand' and build Shrines all over the map.

India was literally controlled by Britain for most of AOE3's time period, yet in AOE3, it's the opposite.

ESO: Jeremiah_IV
Lord_Richjp
Skirmisher
posted 05-07-08 11:41 AM EDT (US)     25 / 29       
You can't claim game balance is bad simply because a civ should be OP when it is not - All civs should not be OP. I don't see how India controls britain, unless of course you mean that they are OP and own them which has nothing to do with game designs or intentions.

My grandmother slaps harder than the Agra Fort shoots. And she's dead. ~ Ender_Ward

By the same token, if I attempt to operate the mouse using nothing but my butt-cheeks, micro will also come down to "luck." ~ Beatnikjoe
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames