You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.34 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » winning against my friends
Bottom
Topic Subject:winning against my friends
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
macndouche
Banned
posted 11-05-08 05:31 PM EDT (US)         
ok I have tons of friends who are above average liues who play people major and captains and stuff the point is they are good. my one friend likes to ff and my other friend holds off my rushes playing defencive and then wipes me out and my other friend makes tons of men and keeps holding me off until I cant make no more men, and by this time there eco score is way higher and when I try and boom with them other games, they always out boom me and win. they play more defensive so can you guys give me some tips on how to beat them and some strats I can use, they use all civs if you want to know?
AuthorReplies:
Eside Irish
Skirmisher
posted 11-05-08 05:36 PM EDT (US)     1 / 34       
They are all around better than you. They don't noob bash so they have good micro, experience, and are more flexible to different situations. The best chance you have is to lame Japan or India, but they will probably lose what little respect they have for you.
Marneus Calgar
Veteran Musketeer (Content Contributor)
posted 11-05-08 05:38 PM EDT (US)     2 / 34       
I thought you were a major

but remember the basics. Keep making vills and adjusting your economy to what you need. Also, they probably outmicro you by a whole lot, so remember to hit and run and attack move.

people who point trade with 2 accounts usually are a lot worse then their rank.

Need a quick way to get laid? Chaplain gives you results.
"Screw me if I'm wrong, but haven't we met?"
"Damn girl, you have more curves than a race track."
"Oh, I'm sorry, I thought that name tag was in Braille."
"If I were you, I would have sex with me."
3 reasons I am the sexxyest forumer: Raiding Cav... - China Merc... - Aztecian coloni... <-- howzat?
Arcane Ranger
Skirmisher
posted 11-05-08 06:25 PM EDT (US)     3 / 34       
Exactly, don't noob bash. It won't help you beat your friends. As Eside said, they' re just an overall better player than you.
ImperialLobster
Skirmisher
posted 11-05-08 06:26 PM EDT (US)     4 / 34       
by the way eside if you are going to mirror-match dabottle just spam grenades. I trashed him a few hrs ago on a 3player ffa with marneus.

KEEP
CALM
AND
CARRY
ON
≤≤≤≤≤See my YouTube channel for some crazy pointless crap!≥≥≥≥≥
Arcane Ranger
Skirmisher
posted 11-05-08 06:27 PM EDT (US)     5 / 34       
Lol, spam grenadiers? Not the best strategy...

Btw, toothpaste is obviously a smurf. I think it was made by GreenKnight by what Cheese said.

[This message has been edited by Arcane Ranger (edited 11-05-2008 @ 06:28 PM).]

Marneus Calgar
posted 11-05-08 06:27 PM EDT (US)     6 / 34       
i already told on the actual strat thread

3 reasons I am the sexxyest forumer: Raiding Cav... - China Merc... - Aztecian coloni... <-- howzat?
macndouche
Banned
posted 11-05-08 06:47 PM EDT (US)     7 / 34       
ok well I wanted ways to beat them not new things you guys can rip on me about, and I always play unrated to try and get better.
FenrisWulf
Skirmisher
posted 11-05-08 06:54 PM EDT (US)     8 / 34       
Why are you all being so hard on macndouche? I know you're all better than that.

It would be helpful to know what civ you are, first of all, so we can give more specific advice. If you want to boom, build vills constantly, and if you are already doing that, then make sure that you build multiple TCs in Fortress, so you can pump out vills 2x-3x times as fast.

If your opponets are playing def, thats great for you to know, because if they FF each game, you know to rush each game. Make a FB and keep the pressure on them. If you rush with a decent size army, you'll be able to wipe out their base as they will have spent all of ther rescources on advancing and have no army.

I love Marneus Calgar more than anyone else at Heavengames!
Accomplishments:
The Run Back Home (for AoM)(4.2),Arrow Key Movement (for AoM), WorldMap v2 (3.1)(for AoE3) Fight for Life RPG (For AoE3)
Work In Progress:
Click Upon an Old Man (30% complete)
Arcane Ranger
Skirmisher
posted 11-05-08 07:20 PM EDT (US)     9 / 34       
Dude, we discing you cause:

1. You didn't give us specific information on what you want help with. Personally, I don't take people seriously who say "I need help, help me!" There's a mentor/mentee section for this.

2. You noob bash

3. You have made several threads on the same topic

4. You point trade

Need I say more?
Warlord678
Skirmisher
posted 11-05-08 08:06 PM EDT (US)     10 / 34       
@Arcane Ranger

I browse the forums here everyday looking for helpful tips and information that can help me better myself in this game.

The reason I hardly post or create a thread on these forums is because of people like you. It seems like anyone who is fairly new to these threads, or does not fit into the little online "click" here, gets little help if any.

My understanding of his post was him asking for help so he could better himself and beat his friends at this game. Neither of your posts in this thread has helped him in any way.

If you aren't going to help someone that asks for help, then don't post in their thread. If you think he has not provided enough information to help him, then ask him nicely to provide that information so you can give him a more specific way to improve his game skills.

Mac my name is Warlord678 on ESO, I am by far not a great player at this game, but I think I know the basics pretty well, so if you need some help, just ask.
Sad_But_True
Skirmisher
posted 11-05-08 08:40 PM EDT (US)     11 / 34       
ok I have tons of friends who are above average liues who play people major and captains and stuff the point is they are good. my one friend likes to ff and my other friend holds off my rushes playing defencive and then wipes me out and my other friend makes tons of men and keeps holding me off until I cant make no more men, and by this time there eco score is way higher and when I try and boom with them other games, they always out boom me and win. they play more defensive so can you guys give me some tips on how to beat them and some strats I can use, they use all civs if you want to know?
Are you even conscious when you play? Or have you lost your touch playing people your rank?

[This message has been edited by Sad_But_True (edited 11-05-2008 @ 08:40 PM).]

Marneus Calgar
posted 11-05-08 08:44 PM EDT (US)     12 / 34       
warlord, you mean well, but point trading and noob bashing are the two biggest AOE3 sins. Even more than laming.

Arcane Ranger
Skirmisher
posted 11-05-08 09:17 PM EDT (US)     13 / 34       
warlord, you mean well, but point trading and noob bashing are the two biggest AOE3 sins. Even more than laming.
Yes, I understand what you're saying. I have helped noobs in the past, but mac is "special" so to speak. he noob bashes, he point trades, and I have no respect at all for people who do that. Also, he has asked a general question, how to get better. Can anyone list all the basics to micro, strategies, civilizations, units, ect.? I don't think so, that would take forever.

Also, there is a search button, an ask and tell thread (built for questions like these) in the mentor and mentee forum, and also stacks upon stacks of strategies designed to help your play.

I have clearly stated my reasons before, and I do so again. Don't criticize before knowing the whole situation. No offense intended, however, think before you post (lol).

[This message has been edited by Arcane Ranger (edited 11-05-2008 @ 09:18 PM).]

macndouche
Banned
posted 11-05-08 09:50 PM EDT (US)     14 / 34       
the whole point about me playing my friends is so I can play people my rank because I am done noob bashing so if you hate people so much that do this then why dont you help them change. warlord thanks bud ill be sure to add you and thanks for at least attempting to help me man. also than you fenriswulf for sticking up for me your real good guy. I try all the civs to beat them but it dont work. ok thanks for the tip on rushing I already do rush but Ill try harder and ill try and keep more pressure on them.
Droideka_11
Skirmisher
posted 11-06-08 01:48 AM EDT (US)     15 / 34       
I think I'd be able to help you more if you told us what civs you're using not just "all civs".
What is a typical match up against these friends of yours?

"Rot's given a free pass simply because he's Rot." - theferret
A_US_James246
Scenario Reviewer
(id: James246)
posted 11-06-08 03:29 AM EDT (US)     16 / 34       
@Arcane Ranger

I browse the forums here everyday looking for helpful tips and information that can help me better myself in this game.

The reason I hardly post or create a thread on these forums is because of people like you. It seems like anyone who is fairly new to these threads, or does not fit into the little online "click" here, gets little help if any.

My understanding of his post was him asking for help so he could better himself and beat his friends at this game. Neither of your posts in this thread has helped him in any way.

If you aren't going to help someone that asks for help, then don't post in their thread. If you think he has not provided enough information to help him, then ask him nicely to provide that information so you can give him a more specific way to improve his game skills.

Mac my name is Warlord678 on ESO, I am by far not a great player at this game, but I think I know the basics pretty well, so if you need some help, just ask.
You don't be mean to my mate....

Arcane and Marneus are right. He has performed the two biggest sins on AOE3. Point Trading + Noob Bashing. So, why should they help him, if he just takes takes takes from the AOE3 community, and gives nothing back?

Also, Mac, if your rank is a Major, and their Lieuts, it's a bit un-fair, as they are way above you, as your real rank isnt a Major. So, it's more like Sergeant or Corporal, so, it's a bit un-fair.

In general, your friends are just better players than you, who use micro and more. The only way to beat them, is to be faster + better than them.

[This message has been edited by James246 (edited 11-06-2008 @ 03:30 AM).]

Arcane Ranger
Skirmisher
posted 11-06-08 07:40 AM EDT (US)     17 / 34       
Mac, we don't even know your specific question. You're just going out here and screaming "HELP! My friends keep owning me! Help me! Help MEEEEEEEEE!"

We don't even know what you want help with. If you want tips, go to the mentor/mentee section and go to ask/tell. If you want strategies, go to strategy central's massive amount of guides. Before responding to this post, first take my advice and tell us WHAT YOU WANT HELP WITH.
mbrown2626
Skirmisher
posted 11-06-08 09:17 AM EDT (US)     18 / 34       
I started reading this and thought everyone was being harsh on mac but then I went to elorating.com and all I can say is WOW!.

Mac do you think you will get advince here? You and Jiddler got a good little thing going on.

Please expalin to everyone how it's possable that on 10/7 and 10/14 you and Jiddler played 4 games and everyone of them managed to play just over 2 minutes then ended? What's so special about 2 min? Everyone together now. THATS WHEN A GAME COUNTS!

Here's is how you beat your friends..........you don't resign after 2 minutes!
Marneus Calgar
posted 11-06-08 09:38 AM EDT (US)     19 / 34       
after 2 minutes, the game is rated, so he gets the points without doing anything.

Droideka_11
Skirmisher
posted 11-06-08 11:34 AM EDT (US)     20 / 34       
Cmon guys he said he was sorry.

@arcane
Yeah I agree that he should be more specific on what he needs help with.
But if we help him then it would give something back to the community because then he would be a competetive player and more competitive players make it easier to get games.

"Rot's given a free pass simply because he's Rot." - theferret
Giskard
Skirmisher
posted 11-06-08 11:44 AM EDT (US)     21 / 34       
Droideka_11 is right. Let's leave macndouche alone. While the point trading allegations are valid the evidence is not 100% conclusive. If you think it is, take it up with ES (though they're unlikely to respond at the moment), don't hatepost here. And we should wait for macndouche to provide more details, not continually degrade the thread with reminders that have already been read.

Giskard: BrianManahan = Tsar_Ivan_VII? Discuss.
Giskard: BrianManahan = Tsar_Ivan_VII. It's no longer a question.
Giskard: Isn't BrianManahan liable to be banned anyway for being the smurf of a banned forumer (Tsar_Ivan_VII)?
BrianManahan: I'm not sure who that is, Giskard, but I see what you is trying to do. I don't smurf >:O

(One day later) Moderator Announcements: Tsar_Ivan_VII / BrianManahan Banned Permanently - IP Match
Sad_But_True
Skirmisher
posted 11-06-08 03:46 PM EDT (US)     22 / 34       
Mac we can only help you if you can help yourself. Now, most of your threads have been closed due to flaming or you post such nonsense we cant understand what you are asking for.Are you looking for new strategies, micro tips,or anything related into improving your skill?
macndouche
Banned
posted 11-06-08 04:16 PM EDT (US)     23 / 34       
yeah guys I just want to get better so I can play better players, I am never going to noob bash again or point trade I just really want a fresh starts guys. I play all civs I really just need some good tips on booming after rushing and microing those are my weak points. I gueess ill go with help on russia because they are the civ I play most.
dOPplesaurus
Skirmisher
posted 11-06-08 05:42 PM EDT (US)     24 / 34       
Well since you promise to get better I guess we should help you now. Read Arcane's RUMM rush and James' strelet+cossack rush (though not technically by him)If you really need help ask Kivlov, he'll turn your strelets into monster trucks.
Marneus Calgar
posted 11-06-08 06:24 PM EDT (US)     25 / 34       
If you really need help ask eicho instead, he'll turn your strelets into monster trucks driven by Chuck Norris with Mr.T holding a 50 cal and armor piercing bullets on top.
fixed full stop

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames