Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.30 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Silk Road Question
Bottom
Topic Subject:Silk Road Question
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Boss_of_MASS
Skirmisher
posted 11-08-08 02:58 AM EDT (US)         
Alright... I'm a bit confused. According to the in-game description of the silk road card for the Ottoman, it grants an extra 30 resources per resource crate. However, as I was browsing the strategies (http://aoe3.heavengames.com/strategy/10 I noticed it said the trade posts will be providing resources per second. How does this card effect trading posts?

Thanks.
AuthorReplies:
Lord_Richjp
Skirmisher
posted 11-08-08 05:26 AM EDT (US)     1 / 30       
It boosts each trade post resource 'drop off' by 30% (15% if you are on TAD). So if one journey of the stagecoach gives you 150 food, now it would give you 195 food (173 on TAD)

My grandmother slaps harder than the Agra Fort shoots. And she's dead. ~ Ender_Ward

By the same token, if I attempt to operate the mouse using nothing but my butt-cheeks, micro will also come down to "luck." ~ Beatnikjoe
Boss_of_MASS
Skirmisher
posted 11-08-08 02:13 PM EDT (US)     2 / 30       
so when it says resources per second its just taking into account the resources you get from a trading post drop off?

"- By 5:30, you should have stagecoach researched, and you should have two trade posts up. These are giving you 5.2 resources per second, equivalent of ten villagers. It should ensure your constant janissary production. You should have ten janissaries made with five more on their way. You can now launch your attack. "
Renegade Dragoon
Skirmisher
posted 11-08-08 03:17 PM EDT (US)     3 / 30       
What it means is that in the time it takes for the stage coach to come through and give you the resources is equivalent to 5.2 resources per second. Example: Amount of resources collected by trade rout/Time it takes for the stage coach to go through.
Giskard
Skirmisher
posted 11-08-08 03:49 PM EDT (US)     4 / 30       
Welcome to the forums, Renegade Dragoon!

Interestingly enough, Trade Posts on different maps don't actually provide constant resource levels: sometimes a longer route will generate more, sometimes a shorter one.

Giskard: BrianManahan = Tsar_Ivan_VII? Discuss.
Giskard: BrianManahan = Tsar_Ivan_VII. It's no longer a question.
Giskard: Isn't BrianManahan liable to be banned anyway for being the smurf of a banned forumer (Tsar_Ivan_VII)?
BrianManahan: I'm not sure who that is, Giskard, but I see what you is trying to do. I don't smurf >:O

(One day later) Moderator Announcements: Tsar_Ivan_VII / BrianManahan Banned Permanently - IP Match
Boss_of_MASS
Skirmisher
posted 11-08-08 03:55 PM EDT (US)     5 / 30       
Yeah I was also wondering that... there is no set trading post resource ratio per length?
Renegade Dragoon
Skirmisher
posted 11-08-08 04:26 PM EDT (US)     6 / 30       
No, I donít believe so. A map like New England, or Silk Road if you have TAD, generates more resources than a map like the Rockies. A test was done on the trade routs back before TAD came out and the maps are closer in XP yield than I thought.

Carolina: 1.08 xp per minute
Great Lakes: 1.15 xp per minute
Great Plains: 1.24 xp per minute
New England: 1.03 xp per minute
Yukon: 1.14 xp per minute

I don't know if the TAD maps XP yield are different then the Vanilla maps. (Anyone got a lot of time on their hands?)

Don't worry about the world coming to an end today; it's already tomorrow in Australia.

Diplomacy is to do and say the nastiest things in the nicest way.

Ever notice how it's a penny for your thoughts and yet you put in your two cents worth? Someone is making a penny on the deal!

[This message has been edited by Renegade Dragoon (edited 11-08-2008 @ 05:00 PM).]

AlejandroLatino4
Skirmisher
posted 11-08-08 08:05 PM EDT (US)     7 / 30       
is it just me or are we being attacked by more and more nooesh questions as threads

Cookie,"Orange i dont think you know who you're dealling with," after 5mins to 10mins of war later... Orange,"i dont think you know who ur deallin with"
ESO;AOE3,TWC,& TAD username: Alexodeconqure (i think lol)
<>< Another post done by a fishy noob <><
<>< Alejandro J. Diaz <><
A_US_James246
Scenario Reviewer
(id: James246)
posted 11-08-08 09:10 PM EDT (US)     8 / 30       
It's good! It gives us all something to do.
AlejandroLatino4
Skirmisher
posted 11-09-08 00:45 AM EDT (US)     9 / 30       
wheres the discussion genrating threads D=

Cookie,"Orange i dont think you know who you're dealling with," after 5mins to 10mins of war later... Orange,"i dont think you know who ur deallin with"
ESO;AOE3,TWC,& TAD username: Alexodeconqure (i think lol)
<>< Another post done by a fishy noob <><
<>< Alejandro J. Diaz <><
A_US_James246
Scenario Reviewer
posted 11-09-08 01:14 AM EDT (US)     10 / 30       
wheres the discussion genrating threads D=
They went for a swim.
Giskard
Skirmisher
posted 11-09-08 05:04 AM EDT (US)     11 / 30       
The quick question threads should be going in Question & Answer. The rest should be posted by me.

Giskard: Isn't BrianManahan liable to be banned anyway for being the smurf of a banned forumer (Tsar_Ivan_VII)?
BrianManahan: I'm not sure who that is, Giskard, but I see what you is trying to do. I don't smurf >:O

(One day later) Moderator Announcements: Tsar_Ivan_VII / BrianManahan Banned Permanently - IP Match
A_US_James246
Scenario Reviewer
posted 11-09-08 05:52 AM EDT (US)     12 / 30       
Giskard, I'm sorry to say, but, most people don't pay attention to Stickies....
Giskard
Skirmisher
posted 11-09-08 06:58 AM EDT (US)     13 / 30       
I'd noticed. Still, it's always worth a try.

Arcane Ranger
Skirmisher
posted 11-09-08 03:03 PM EDT (US)     14 / 30       
Yep, maybe it'll be more useful if the Q&A was unstickied? :/
Giskard
Skirmisher
posted 11-09-08 03:58 PM EDT (US)     15 / 30       
Don't. Even. Think. About. It.

BrianManahan
Banned
posted 11-09-08 04:58 PM EDT (US)     16 / 30       
For serious, Arcane. That's not even worth mentioning.

Maintaining a sticky thread is just about the best thing a cherub-wannabe can do to earn points. If that thread failed, it would set Giskard back about 4 months toward reaching his goal.
Dabottle
Skirmisher
posted 11-09-08 05:06 PM EDT (US)     17 / 30       
shut up brian for the final time Giskard doesn't care about becoming Cherub

ESO Name: Dabottle
Clan: TSR (The Soul Reapers)
Civs: Britain, China, France and Sioux
Check out my-->Guide to China (Will update soon)
ROFL
BrianManahan
Banned
posted 11-09-08 05:14 PM EDT (US)     18 / 30       
You don't speak for him.
Giskard
Skirmisher
posted 11-09-08 05:46 PM EDT (US)     19 / 30       
In this case DaBOttle does, because like most other forumers he/she has actually understood what I keep having to post about this:
Do I want to be a moderator?

Yes and no. If they invite me, fine. I'll do what I can for the site. I would welcome the opportunity to get things done faster and take a more active role. If they don't, fine. I have the P-series coming up and I'm planning many other things that might add to the site as well.

Would I be a good moderator?

How on earth should I know? I'd like to think I'd be good at it but for all I know I could spontaneously go insane and ban everyone before uploading compulsory-download viruses and deleting the site.

Am I trying to be a moderator?

No. Please stop implying that I am. My "formal and nice posting" is the way I am: I'd never do anything else.

As almost every moderator has pointed out, they are not looking for new staff at the moment. So no matter what, the issue is completely irrelevant for now.
Of course the only reason I am posting this now is to draw attention to my potential moderating qualities. I have secretly manipulated discussions into provoking these results as part of my grand master plan to become Cherub and achieve my heart's desire. Every post and sticky post I make is directed towards subliminally influencing Cheesewiz into associating me with moderatorship. The next stage is to disconnect the accounts of all moderators except myself and Cheesewiz so that I am bound to be promoted.

Or, alternatively, not.

Arcane Ranger
Skirmisher
posted 11-09-08 05:56 PM EDT (US)     20 / 30       
Argh, how many times do we have to say this until you can get it into that tiny head of yours GISKARD IS NOT TRYING TO BE A CHERUB. Also, even if he does, does that matter?
BrianManahan
Banned
posted 11-09-08 08:08 PM EDT (US)     21 / 30       
Arcane, there's no need to flame.

Giskard, the false humility is a weak, thin, transparent veil. I know this because of how you act toward your threads (particularly the Q&A one), as if they are your crowning achievements.
Arcane Ranger
Skirmisher
posted 11-09-08 09:31 PM EDT (US)     22 / 30       
Crowning Achievements? Dude, it's the most useful thing in the world and no one uses it. It's used to stop noobs with simple one word questions who feel the need to make a thread. It's useful, but no one EVER uses it. We advertise with him, so we don't have an overcrowding of threads....

Brain, get your facts straight. Even if Giskard somehow does want to be a mod, is that such a bad thing?
Droideka_11
Skirmisher
posted 11-09-08 09:38 PM EDT (US)     23 / 30       
so we don't have an overcrowding of threads....
This made me laugh so hard Lol. I feel like this Forum is dying There really isnt much to talk about thats related to the game. And the people who do make new threads are mostly noobs with strats that are only viable against other noobs.

"Rot's given a free pass simply because he's Rot." - theferret
Arcane Ranger
Skirmisher
posted 11-09-08 09:41 PM EDT (US)     24 / 30       
Yep, it is. That's the life of a game though, it dies after a period of time.

However, answering nooby questions over and over again because of one-answer threads and then having them turn into saloon threads is quite repetitive.

Btw, what's your avatar droid? It looks like some ninja dude.

[This message has been edited by Arcane Ranger (edited 11-09-2008 @ 09:42 PM).]

Droideka_11
Skirmisher
posted 11-09-08 09:57 PM EDT (US)     25 / 30       
Lelouch vi Britannia
Hes from this anime I watched, I thought he was pretty bad***. I dont know if your into anime but you should seriously watch the show, its called Code Geass. It has robots and supernatural powers, that alone should get you to watch it
You can download the episodes here http://www.animea.net/series.
If you have slow internet make sure you download the ones that are about 50 megabytes in size (thats what I did).
Sorry for the off-topic post kiv/cookie, but when someone asks me a question I just have to answer

"Rot's given a free pass simply because he's Rot." - theferret
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames