You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.34 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Are macehualtins worth using in treaty?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Are macehualtins worth using in treaty?
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Lying Dutchman
Skirmisher
posted 11-08-08 07:20 AM EDT (US)         
In nr40, even many good (lieutenant and up) Russian players spam halbs and musks. As macehualtins are the Aztecs' only real skirm, should I make them? They are weaker than normal skirms, have less range and cost wood, but they spawn really fast (instant with inca or TEAM dueling school). And is infinite 20 maces a good card to have? I normally use eagles against musks (30 RR) and jaguars vs halbs (41*2 atk), but without whales my eco is not that great.
AuthorReplies:
CookieCrisp13
Skirmisher
posted 11-08-08 07:31 AM EDT (US)     1 / 34       
I would use maces, they're great in supremacy at least. They are a sort of strelet kind of unit.

Proud winner of the FFA Winter Round '07!
[Judgε][Epic Thread]
My Vods:[One] [Two][Three][Four]
"with all the bling on a mandsabar you could win the game by paying the enemy to resign." IL
Arcane Ranger
Skirmisher
posted 11-08-08 08:17 AM EDT (US)     2 / 34       
I used maces too. I thought that the eagle warriors countered cav?
Gun_Guy
Skirmisher
posted 11-08-08 09:02 AM EDT (US)     3 / 34       
I guess that the war dance can justify the maces' poor stats, but I'm not a fan of them as they are weaker than crossbows. ERK's kill musketeers, but not very cost efficiently. If the enemy is spamming musketeers/halbs, spam jags/ERK back. Unless he switches to RI (in which case you're in much trouble) then it should beat him down. Now, pure skirmishers/strelets/etc are easily beaten by coyotes, but a musketeer/skirmisher combo will be deadly, as musketeers prevent you from sending coyotes on his skirms, which have 2x against your ERK's and 3x against your jags (with CIF). I guess this is where you need maces, but it will loose against either of the 2 units in a fair fight. If he segregates his musketeers from his skirmishers that's great, because that means your coyotes will have a chance to do their job. If not, then try to sneak some stealthed jags into the middle of his formation. If you have the stealth card for coyotes, use it.
Lying Dutchman
Skirmisher
posted 11-08-08 09:59 AM EDT (US)     4 / 34       
I thought that the eagle warriors countered cav?
Sure, they counter cav very well, but that was not exactly my question.
If you have the stealth card for coyotes, use it.

I have it (HC lvl 91) but I never used it, jaguars beat RI in melee without wasting a card. Most people use spies anyway (at least the non-n00bs).
with CIF
Would there be any noob without CIR in nr40? rotfl
they are weaker than crossbows
They are indeed weaker than xbows, but have twice the ROF and get temple support + 2 training cards. They cost 10 less wood and I believe they also move a bit faster.

Still wondering if 20 maces is a good card.

My stats
I also have Republic commando and Jedi outcast.
Arcane Ranger
Skirmisher
posted 11-08-08 10:02 AM EDT (US)     5 / 34       
Coyotes with stealth can be incredibly deadly to the unsuspecting player. Sneak them up behind his skirmishers and they're all dead. Raiding with them is awesome too (in regular games though).
I normally use eagles against musks
That's what I was responding to. Do eagles counter HI as well?
Lying Dutchman
Skirmisher
posted 11-08-08 10:22 AM EDT (US)     6 / 34       
Do eagles counter HI as well?
Not specifically, they suck in melee, but with 18 range, 60 atk per 3 seconds, 30% RR and 6 speed they do well in ranged. HP is 369 fully upgraded without Comanche, a bit less than redcoats but loads more than those sucky russian fort-builders.

My stats
As_Saffah
Scenario Reviewer
posted 11-08-08 11:34 AM EDT (US)     7 / 34       
Yes, especially since you get a BB shipment of them.

I don't know about NR40, (I would use them and upgrade them), but treaty 20 you need something to deal with the gurkhas.

A pack of stealthed jags is ok but you have issues of cost. Besides, there are so many warhut training bonus cards now that you should be using warhut units when you can.

Crunkatog on ESO
Bart331 balance suggestion: aztec: remove civ
Voltiguer: Ender, Sioux in 1.04 will be a top civ, no matter how many layers of Sioux goggles you put on
schildpad on Elephants: ...their mansabdar unit sucks so hard it looks like a black hole
Crunkatog on Steam.
murdilator
Skirmisher
posted 11-08-08 01:49 PM EDT (US)     8 / 34       
20 mace card is a must in every Aztec game. If you can have 20-40 maces attacking his infantry while you have 20 jags, 20 coyotes, and some eagles for more anti-cav, then your good to go.

Don't build Maces, but order them a lot from the Homecity. Remember not to ship loads of them but to balance the shipments out.

A decent army consists of (with BB):

40 coyotes with Coyote combat and stealth card and preferably Coyote card.
15 Mace+18 from card = 33
(8 from card preferably+9 built) 17 ERKS
15 arrow knights (from BB) + 10 arrow knights from card =25 arrow knights

40+33+17 = 90, +99 vils + 10 WP = 199 pop, and Then order 10 arrow knights.

Big Button techs:
+15 Arrow knights
+7 Skull Knights
+15 Puma
+15 Mace
+21 Jag
+15 ERKS

That makes your Army 40 coyotes, 48 Maces, 32 ERKS, 25 Arrow knights 21 Jags, 15 Puma, 7 Skull Knights.

Use the Jags, Puma and Skull Knights with the Warchief to lead your charge, maces with the coyotes on the right flank, and ERKS with the Arrow knights in the back.
Lying Dutchman
Skirmisher
posted 11-09-08 05:33 AM EDT (US)     9 / 34       
Sounds good murdilator, but do you need 40 coyotes? Unless the enemy uses only skirms and cannons I'd rather go for 22 coyotes + 18 jaguars from card. Also, what is better, 18 maces or 9 skulls? Skulls are actually cheap for their strength, they cost 147 villie secs.
Coyotes with stealth can be incredibly deadly to the unsuspecting player
As I said, only noobs don't get Spies.
there are so many warhut training bonus cards now
Dunno if any warhut cards have been added in TAD, but I am talking about TWC, the good old days where ERKS still get x2 vs villagers.

My stats
As_Saffah
Scenario Reviewer
posted 11-09-08 10:25 AM EDT (US)     10 / 34       
We're probably talking about diff gammes then. I'm refering to TAD where ruthlessness doesn't go to ERK anymore.

Crunkatog on ESO
Bart331 balance suggestion: aztec: remove civ
Voltiguer: Ender, Sioux in 1.04 will be a top civ, no matter how many layers of Sioux goggles you put on
schildpad on Elephants: ...their mansabdar unit sucks so hard it looks like a black hole
Crunkatog on Steam.
BrianManahan
Banned
posted 11-09-08 02:10 PM EDT (US)     11 / 34       
I definitely use them

Just mass a couple hundred of these guys

And your victory is inevitable.!

Giskard
Skirmisher
posted 11-09-08 02:20 PM EDT (US)     12 / 34       
BrianManahan = Tsar_Ivan_VII

It's no longer a question.

Giskard: BrianManahan = Tsar_Ivan_VII? Discuss.
Giskard: BrianManahan = Tsar_Ivan_VII. It's no longer a question.
Giskard: Isn't BrianManahan liable to be banned anyway for being the smurf of a banned forumer (Tsar_Ivan_VII)?
BrianManahan: I'm not sure who that is, Giskard, but I see what you is trying to do. I don't smurf >:O

(One day later) Moderator Announcements: Tsar_Ivan_VII / BrianManahan Banned Permanently - IP Match

[This message has been edited by Giskard (edited 11-09-2008 @ 02:21 PM).]

Dabottle
Skirmisher
posted 11-09-08 02:29 PM EDT (US)     13 / 34       
Hint to mods: Give brian a warning or BANhim if he doesn't stop spamming every thread with pictures

ESO Name: Dabottle
Clan: TSR (The Soul Reapers)
Civs: Britain, China, France and Sioux
Check out my-->Guide to China (Will update soon)
ROFL
BrianManahan
Banned
posted 11-09-08 02:36 PM EDT (US)     14 / 34       
What? Pictures are allowed. they are to be used to illustrate one's points. If you can show me where it says it is not allowed, I shall cease.
Spector17
Skirmisher
posted 11-09-08 02:40 PM EDT (US)     15 / 34       
BrianManahan, I think you have been warned before. Here, it is the last post
Tsar_Ivan_VII, stop posting random pictures for no reason and please try to use correct spelling in your posts. This is an unofficial warning.
Please stop.

Seriously, you are on your 23rd account for this forum? Isn't that enough? I personally think anything over 1 is excessive. Oh well, bannings are fun to watch. (Do it! Do it! Do it!)

[This message has been edited by Spector17 (edited 11-09-2008 @ 03:20 PM).]

Arcane Ranger
Skirmisher
posted 11-09-08 02:57 PM EDT (US)     16 / 34       
Pictures are allowed, but over-spamming them is not. Although in the CoC it never mentions pictures specifically, just don't do it. It's useless and annoying.
BrianManahan
Banned
posted 11-09-08 03:34 PM EDT (US)     17 / 34       
I am getting angry with you all. This rarely happens.

My pictures are relevant to my posts. It is not against the rule for me to do it, and it is not useless, and it's only annoying if you happen to be a baby.
Spector17
Skirmisher
posted 11-09-08 03:38 PM EDT (US)     18 / 34       
I really don't think that macehualtins are worth using in treaty. They are really weak, die easily, and there are much better things to spam as Aztecs!.

[Image]
LordKivlov
Royal Guard
posted 11-09-08 03:39 PM EDT (US)     19 / 34       
Encourage responsible use of our forums and discourage activities which disrupt our community and reduce the value of our services to our visitors
Spamming pictures is disrupting the forum. Please stop.

Proud Citizen of Sovietcanuckistan
BrianManahan
Banned
posted 11-09-08 03:58 PM EDT (US)     20 / 34       
Thats extraordinarily unfair.

It's within forum rules. If me FOLLOWING forum rules is disrupting the forum, then its not my fault, is it? O.o

But Ill stop.
LordKivlov
Royal Guard
posted 11-09-08 05:34 PM EDT (US)     21 / 34       
Thats extraordinarily unfair.

It's within forum rules. If me FOLLOWING forum rules is disrupting the forum, then its not my fault, is it? O.o

But Ill stop.
In all threads. Unofficial warning.

Proud Citizen of Sovietcanuckistan
Giskard
Skirmisher
posted 11-09-08 05:48 PM EDT (US)     22 / 34       
Isn't BrianManahan liable to be banned anyway for being the smurf of a banned forumer (Tsar_Ivan_VII)?

Giskard: BrianManahan = Tsar_Ivan_VII? Discuss.
Giskard: BrianManahan = Tsar_Ivan_VII. It's no longer a question.
Giskard: Isn't BrianManahan liable to be banned anyway for being the smurf of a banned forumer (Tsar_Ivan_VII)?
BrianManahan: I'm not sure who that is, Giskard, but I see what you is trying to do. I don't smurf >:O

(One day later) Moderator Announcements: Tsar_Ivan_VII / BrianManahan Banned Permanently - IP Match
Arcane Ranger
Skirmisher
posted 11-09-08 05:54 PM EDT (US)     23 / 34       
He is? Well, then Cheese and his team will go raid his house and rout him out

They are useless and irrelevant, and also make loading time a pain for those who have lesser internet. You could just say what you want to say instead of posting pictures.
BrianManahan
Banned
posted 11-09-08 08:18 PM EDT (US)     24 / 34       
I'm not sure who that is, Giskard, but I see what you is trying to do. I don't smurf >:O

They ARENT. Some ppl are visual learners!
Arcane Ranger
Skirmisher
posted 11-09-08 09:28 PM EDT (US)     25 / 34       
.................... Yes, visual learners............................... That makes sense. They go to a forum where they expect massive amounts of text and they're visual learners, of COURSE, it all makes sense!
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames