You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.79 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » HG FFA Tourney Suggestions?
Bottom
Topic Subject:HG FFA Tourney Suggestions?
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 4  Next Page »
CrazyLunatic
Veteran Musketeer
posted 05-10-09 01:21 PM EDT (US)         
Please post any suggestions you have here so we can figure out how to organize this tournament
Tell me which rules/point awards to add or remove please
Note: the Rules will be finalized by May 16 so please post any changes you want by then please

Rules (Tentative) Breaking any of these will result in your points from that round not being counted
-Nobody can age to fortress until one person has resigned
-Nobody can age to industrial until an additional person has resigned
-Nobody can age to imperial until there are only 2 people left in the game
-No excessive swearing/racial jokes/etc... (if somebody is offended post screen shot to get other person disqualified for that round )
- Cheating results in immediate disqualification from all rounds
-The PR rule works like this, it should give everyone above 30 +0, under 30 +1, under 20 +2, under 10 +3. (Need comments for this)
Walls
-No walls allowed during Discovery or Discovery/Colonial transition
Maximum one wall per base in Colonial
Maximum two walls in the main base; one in secondary bases during Fortress
Maximum three walls in the main base; two in secondary bases during Industrial
Maximum five walls per base in Imperial
A base being roughly defined as any set of buildings such that they hold production capabilities and are set at least one screen apart from any other set of buildings.
The main base being the one where the starting TC is located, and, if that TC is destroyed, where the next largest base is.
If you do not comply all points for this match will be void

Possible Points:
First off people will be put in tiers based on pr
1-10, 11-20, 21-30, 31+ (your KO points will be based on which tier you take down)
-Winning = 7 Points
-Second = 5 Points
-Third = 3 Points
-KO’ing an Opponent = 4 Points* +/-2 for each tier difference
-Knocking a Starting TC Sub- 7 mins= 10 points for your tier +/-2 for each tier difference
-Knocking Starting TC Sub-10 Mins = 5 Points for your tier +/-2 for each tier difference
-Knocking a Starting TC Sub-15 Mins = 3 Points for your tier +/-2 for each tier difference
-First to 1000 Points = 2 Points
-Revolting = 4 Points**
-2X Teamed = 4 Points***
-3X Teamed = 6 Points
-Fastest age up time(to colonial)= 4 Points
-Slowest age up time(to colonial)= 4 Points
-First to kill a villager= 1 Points (Opinions?)
-Winning with Trade Monopoly= 4 Points(In addition to points for winning)
-First to trigger Trade Monopoly= 4 Points
-Playing without a deck = 4 Points
-Unique civ= 2 points (Suggestions?)
-Most treasures= 1 point
-Killing Trade Monopoly= 2 Points (goes to 1 person who kills the tp that actually stops the monopoly)
-

* - KO’s may be split between 2 or 3
** - All KO points gained after revolting are Doubled. Points for winning are also doubled (including winning with TM).
*** - This my decision whether you doubled or not.

QUACK

[This message has been edited by CrazyLunatic (edited 05-13-2009 @ 08:20 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
iTech64
Scenario Reviewer
posted 05-10-09 01:29 PM EDT (US)     1 / 79       
welll we could always do something like the ffa tourney cookie won couldnt we?

with points, and weird rules and all.

and whoever gets the most points wins

iTech64
My Strategies:French Semi-FF | French 2x Musket Rush | French 2x Xbow Rush
My Mapguides: Northwest Territories
Ha_Luke
Sig Award Winner
posted 05-10-09 02:05 PM EDT (US)     2 / 79       
Crazy, you might wanna look at this:FFA Fun series 2008 and this FFA Fun series winter 2007 and this FFA Fun Series summer 2007.

The point system looks good and maybe get a fun theme.

"There must be some way out of here," said the joker to the thief
[TΣ]_Ha_Luke_331

"All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets."
-Voltaire
"A good decision is based on knowledge and not on numbers. " - Plato

[This message has been edited by Ha_Luke (edited 05-10-2009 @ 02:06 PM).]

CrazyLunatic
Veteran Musketeer
posted 05-10-09 02:35 PM EDT (US)     3 / 79       
ok those are some nice rules, but how should it be organized?

Ramdomly pair 5 people per ffa and then the people with most points from that game move on to the next round of ffas?

QUACK
Ha_Luke
Sig Award Winner
posted 05-10-09 03:09 PM EDT (US)     4 / 79       
Randomly pair the players and everyone gets to play every round. You sum up all the points of every round. The one with the most points at the end is the winner.

[TΣ]_Ha_Luke_331

"All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets."
-Voltaire
Bart331
Skirmisher
posted 05-10-09 03:38 PM EDT (US)     5 / 79       
Maybe it is better to have set times to play some games and you can subscribe to a game on this forum, then you may only play 1 game per round. This makes the scheduling better imo, since you dont have to agree when to play with all the different time zones. You just subscribe for the time that fits you best.
All games will take place Every Saturday throughout the League at 7:30pm GMT. If you have queries about what time that is in your city, this should help!. Games usually start a bit earlier than that, so don’t be afraid to turn up early.

It is possible there will be a Sunday game at the same time for those who missed the Saturday one, but do not rely on Sunday games, they do not always happen,
This was the old system, if you make 2 times like 7:30 GMT and 17:30 GMT on saturday or sunday, most people are able to play. If people have to organize games on their own it becomes chaos.

The rules sound great in that topic.
Point System

Winning = 7 Points

Second = 5 Points

Third = 3 Points

KO’ing an Opponent = 4 Points*

Knocking Starting TC Sub-10 Mins = 8 Points

Knocking a Starting TC Sub-15 Mins = 4 Points

Unqiue Civ = 2 Points

First to Industrial = 1 Point

First to 1000 Points = 2 Points

First to Trigger TM = 2 Points

Winning by TM = Winning + Player KO's + 3 Points****

Revolting = 4 Points**

2X Teamed = 4 Points***

Most Treasures = 1 Point

Wall Spamming = Void for the Round

* - KO’s may be split between 2 or 3
** - All KO points gained after revolting are Doubled. To get the Revolt points, your revolt must have purpose, it cannot simply be to get the 4 points before resigning.
*** - This my decision whether you doubled or not. Intent must usually be shown to double a player if it is to count.
**** - This is a complex topic. Basically you get All the points you would get if you won normally, + 3 Points, but if each time it fails, the player(s) who stopped the TM get 2 Points. The extra points will not apply to other players if you start it to get 1st TM and then stop it yourself, but you must stop it yourself within 30 Seconds.
I am sure lots of people would like to play such thing.

Is it on TAD or nilla btw? If you need people to help analyze games or organising rounds i am willing to help you.

SUNIL IS NUB!!!

Battle.net:Bart (227)
ESO:Bart331

[This message has been edited by Bart331 (edited 05-10-2009 @ 03:41 PM).]

goodspeed2
Skirmisher
posted 05-10-09 04:00 PM EDT (US)     6 / 79       
how about no walls, or max 1 layer? that could be interesting

and imo more rules to stop double teaming and booming (btw, attacking someone and fighting him, then getting backstabbed by someone else shouldn't count as being double teamed imo, only if both players attack you).

and add a PR rule, like you get a point for every 3 points under level 30. or something. like lvl 27=1 point, 21=4 points etc.

points for unique civ is stupid.. there are 14 civs, almost everyone will get those points and if by coincidence 2 of the players feel like the same civ, they get fruited... this is for fun, so you shouldn't punish being the same civ as someone else imo..

and allow 6 players per game max, 8 players just lags too much...

[This message has been edited by goodspeed2 (edited 05-10-2009 @ 04:21 PM).]

Ha_Luke
Sig Award Winner
posted 05-10-09 04:23 PM EDT (US)     7 / 79       
This was the old system, if you make 2 times like 7:30 GMT and 17:30 GMT on saturday or sunday, most people are able to play. If people have to organize games on their own it becomes chaos.
Yep, thats true.
how about no walls? that could be interesting
It sure would be, no walls would be great.

[TΣ]_Ha_Luke_331

-Voltaire
CrazyLunatic
Veteran Musketeer
posted 05-10-09 04:28 PM EDT (US)     8 / 79       
how about no walls, or max 1 layer? that could be interesting
ya sounds good, or maybe -2 points for each wall segment

I'm thinking this will take place on TAD fp most likely

I think that for pr you lose .1 (PR) points rounded to nearest number so lvl 30 will start at -3 lvl 20 at -2 and so on... People under pr 10 start at 0. Does that sound fair?
and imo more rules to stop double teaming and booming (btw, attacking someone and fighting him, then getting backstabbed by someone else shouldn't count as being double teamed imo, only if both players attack you).
IMO double teaming is sort of part of an FFA, i don't think anyone should be penalized for doing so. The booming will be in check with the nobody going fortress until 1 person is out so that should be fine IMO.

Maybe back stabbing (attacking someone when they are attacking somebody else) should get a bonus point that will result in more people dying faster

QUACK

[This message has been edited by CrazyLunatic (edited 05-10-2009 @ 04:31 PM).]

Bart331
Skirmisher
posted 05-10-09 04:35 PM EDT (US)     9 / 79       
no walls could be interesting, maybe a rule for only single layer walls.
and imo more rules to stop double teaming and booming (btw, attacking someone and fighting him, then getting backstabbed by someone else shouldn't count as being double teamed imo).
Double teaming imo is getting attacked by two different persons in your base.
IMO double teaming is sort of part of an FFA, i don't think anyone should be penalized for doing so. The booming will be in check with the nobody going fortress until 1 person is out so that should be fine IMO.
No its lame, you can be knocked out very easy if two decide to attack you, or work together to knock you out, that would be lame. Bonus point if you get double teamed are fine.

And against booming there could be some possible rules (just some ideas):

- Penalty points for the highest score after 10 mins, 20 mins, 30 mins, etc.

- Penalty points for inactivity, if you do not attack someone during first 15 minutes, or second 15 minutes, or third 15 minutes you get a penalty.

- I also thought there were rules like you cannot process to age 3 before the first one is ko, and you cannot process to age 4 before the second is ko. This should enhance the battling over booming.

-Or you may not make more then 25 villies before the first one is ko, and 50 villies before second is ko, etc

SUNIL IS NUB!!!

[This message has been edited by Bart331 (edited 05-10-2009 @ 04:38 PM).]

CrazyLunatic
Veteran Musketeer
posted 05-10-09 04:45 PM EDT (US)     10 / 79       
-Or you may not make more then 25 villies before the first one is ko, and 50 villies before second is ko, etc
the only problem with that is that civs like japan/dutch (or france) will have an advantage then as they can have 25 vills but still have a much stronger eco.

There is some rule somewhere about you can't go fortress age until somebody is out, can't go industrial until somebody else is out, can't go imperial until only 2 people left

QUACK
iTech64
Scenario Reviewer
posted 05-10-09 11:10 PM EDT (US)     11 / 79       
i thought the rule was you cannot go beyond colonial age until you destroy an enemy town center

iTech64
My Strategies:French Semi-FF | French 2x Musket Rush | French 2x Xbow Rush
My Mapguides: Northwest Territories
CrazyLunatic
Veteran Musketeer
posted 05-10-09 11:47 PM EDT (US)     12 / 79       
nah i think it should be until one person is dead so that games will actually progress past colonial

QUACK
ultimitsu
Skirmisher
posted 05-10-09 11:58 PM EDT (US)     13 / 79       
is it going to be TAD or vanilla?

if it is Vanilla then I suggest we use the heavengames FP good for promoting it to the whole forum. from balance point of view it is more balanced than ES patch as well 1.12, French is not as dominating.

[This message has been edited by ultimitsu (edited 05-11-2009 @ 00:01 AM).]

StrategicJoeL
Skirmisher
posted 05-10-09 11:58 PM EDT (US)     14 / 79       
TC petard for more points than a victory!

organ gunz are chuck norris daddy!
CrazyLunatic
Veteran Musketeer
posted 05-11-09 00:17 AM EDT (US)     15 / 79       
is it going to be TAD or vanilla?

if it is Vanilla then I suggest we use the heavengames FP good for promoting it to the whole forum. from balance point of view it is more balanced than ES patch as well 1.12, French is not as dominating.
since nearly everyone on the other list page put TAD as main game i'm thinking that we'll probably do it on fp TAD (we could have a vote to see what people want more if necessary)
lol that's actually a funny one maybe that can be for like 3 points perhaps

QUACK

[This message has been edited by CrazyLunatic (edited 05-11-2009 @ 00:18 AM).]

Bart331
Skirmisher
posted 05-11-09 01:20 AM EDT (US)     16 / 79       
Knocking Starting TC Sub-10 Mins = 8 Points

Knocking a Starting TC Sub-15 Mins = 4 Points

Yeah, and thats great, it is fun if every is on the move with petards trying to kill each other tc early
points for unique civ is stupid.. there are 14 civs, almost everyone will get those points and if by coincidence 2 of the players feel like the same civ, they get fruited... this is for fun, so you shouldn't punish being the same civ as someone else imo..
If its TAD with 14 civs, this can stimulate people not to do the obvious civs, like frenchies and gendarme spamming (i think that was solved with fp however), or british and manor spam, or japan and shrine spam. But I seriously don't know if there are civs that are better in FFA then others and if we make enough rules to stimulate battling over booming this rule isnt necessary. I think the original idea was to prevent rounds being played by 5 french lamers. Don't know if this is necessary now
and allow 6 players per game max, 8 players just lags too much...
agree, maybe even 5

SUNIL IS NUB!!!

[This message has been edited by Bart331 (edited 05-11-2009 @ 01:27 AM).]

CrazyLunatic
Veteran Musketeer
posted 05-11-09 01:23 AM EDT (US)     17 / 79       
I think we should have knocking tc sub 8 minutes so that ha_luke will get points for his grenadier rush before i own him with OP dopples lol

No but really sub 7 minutes = 10 points? Seems like a difficult feat so probably worth it

QUACK
Bart331
Skirmisher
posted 05-11-09 01:32 AM EDT (US)     18 / 79       
No but really sub 7 minutes = 10 points? Seems like a difficult feat so probably worth it
The dutch can age up very fast to fortress and ship 6 petards to a forward tower. You should figure out how fast you can arrive with 6 petards, because otherwise it would be too easy to get the 10 points.

SUNIL IS NUB!!!

CrazyLunatic
Veteran Musketeer
posted 05-11-09 01:59 AM EDT (US)     19 / 79       
The dutch can age up very fast to fortress and ship 6 petards to a forward tower. You should figure out how fast you can arrive with 6 petards, because otherwise it would be too easy to get the 10 points.
well the other person should have military and also you can't go fortress until one person has been eliminated
so a colonial rush must take tc down sub 7 minutes for 10 points which IMO is very difficult vs a human.

QUACK
Ha_Luke
Sig Award Winner
posted 05-11-09 08:49 AM EDT (US)     20 / 79       
I think we should have knocking tc sub 8 minutes so that ha_luke will get points for his grenadier rush before i own him with OP dopples lol
Gren rush FTW!
-Nobody can age to fortress until one person has resigned
-Nobody can age to industrial until an additional person has resigned
-Nobody can age to imperial until there are only 2 people left in the game
I believe that was just a theme, just like 10 cards decks. Every round can get a different theme.

[TΣ]_Ha_Luke_331

-Voltaire

[This message has been edited by Ha_Luke (edited 05-11-2009 @ 09:05 AM).]

goodspeed2
Skirmisher
posted 05-11-09 10:04 AM EDT (US)     21 / 79       
that's a great rule

and the knocking TC with petards shouldn't be a problem since you can't age to fort until someone is out...

which makes killing a TC in 7 mins pretty much impossible... well unless the guy is a huge noob and has never heard of minutemen...

[This message has been edited by goodspeed2 (edited 05-11-2009 @ 10:08 AM).]

Incognoto
Skirmisher
posted 05-11-09 01:28 PM EDT (US)     22 / 79       
If this is TAD I'll play, ulti's FP ****ed up my nilla.
Bart331
Skirmisher
posted 05-11-09 02:36 PM EDT (US)     23 / 79       
If this is TAD I'll play, ulti's FP ****ed up my nilla.
just copy paste your original files into the correct map and nothing is changed. It is actually described in the readme file.

SUNIL IS NUB!!!

Incognoto
Skirmisher
posted 05-11-09 02:52 PM EDT (US)     24 / 79       
My game is in French. :/

The only back up is for english.
Ha_Luke
Sig Award Winner
posted 05-11-09 03:06 PM EDT (US)     25 / 79       
Download the latest patch in french, maybe that could help.

[TΣ]_Ha_Luke_331

-Voltaire
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 4  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames