You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.142 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » 1001 facts learned from aoe 3 v2
Bottom
Topic Subject:1001 facts learned from aoe 3 v2
« Previous Page  1 ··· 4 5 6  Next Page »
superayush
Skirmisher
posted 10-21-09 05:16 AM EDT (US)         
so again lets discuss the facts which aoe 3 teaches us

1)ranged units carried unlimited ammunition
2)a man with coyote fur can kill a cannon

carry on folks..

"when starting a war it is not what right that matters but
victory"
AuthorReplies:
BurningSushi460
Scenario Reviewer
posted 01-29-10 06:51 PM EDT (US)     126 / 142       
Dutch people don't eat food, wood, or even gold. The reason they cost gold is so it may pay for their supple amounts of marijuana, that is why only half of the hundred ordered to go over ever made it to the New World to boost someone's economy.

Actually it was originally called just Heaven, but then God sold the naming rights to Microsoft, so.... -GoForGoldenJarls

Astor: “Churchill, if you were my husband, I’d put poison in your coffee.”
Churchill: “Madam, if you were my wife, I’d drink it.”
Mariomasta RJK
Skirmisher
posted 01-29-10 09:13 PM EDT (US)     127 / 142       
Dutch use marijuana???

DISTISOP
ESO: Blitzkrieg_Mario
Prefered civs: Hell, I like them all.
Rank: TWC PR 18 (master sergeant) TAD PR 17, Vanilla PR 12

Clan: Triple Entente
Favorite games: Dofus, AoE 3, Tremulous, CoD 4, SSBB, Urban Terror
BurningSushi460
Scenario Reviewer
posted 01-29-10 09:45 PM EDT (US)     128 / 142       
Running joke about how Dutch may have illegalized marijuana but tolerate it in moderated quantities.

To make sure I squeeze a fact into everything I say in this thread:

-A barracks entrance can be blocked entirely by another building and have no other doors on the other sides but soldiers will still be able to pop out.

-Horsemen with lances do not charge their enemy and pierce them, but gallop up to the point-blank range of their enemy and give light jabs at him while the horse just stares.

-Being named Suvorov, Caesar, Napoleon, or General Patton didn't mean shit. If your name was iamgrunt or _H20, America, Asia, and both of its inhabitants become your female dogs.

Actually it was originally called just Heaven, but then God sold the naming rights to Microsoft, so.... -GoForGoldenJarls

[This message has been edited by BurningSushi460 (edited 01-29-2010 @ 09:56 PM).]

As_Saffah
Scenario Reviewer
posted 01-30-10 00:14 AM EDT (US)     129 / 142       
enabling friend or foe colours helped colourblind soldiers avoid friendly fire

Crunkatog on ESO
Bart331 balance suggestion: aztec: remove civ
Voltiguer: Ender, Sioux in 1.04 will be a top civ, no matter how many layers of Sioux goggles you put on
schildpad on Elephants: ...their mansabdar unit sucks so hard it looks like a black hole
Crunkatog on Steam.
Mariomasta RJK
Skirmisher
posted 01-30-10 04:25 PM EDT (US)     130 / 142       
Running joke about how Dutch may have illegalized marijuana but tolerate it in moderated quantities.
Running joke on how that post was about 100% sarcastic

Heck im sure half the dutch ppl in my clan are on it lmao

And a few more facts:

Lord sami is a robot
StrategicJoeL revolutionized the AoE playing field
My clan likes duxs. However, ducks<<<<<<chickens (try warning me now kankernubs) 21

DISTISOP

Ha_Luke
Sig Award Winner
posted 01-30-10 05:22 PM EDT (US)     131 / 142       
enabling friend or foe colours helped colourblind soldiers avoid friendly fire
Lol, I've always wondered why the hell you had such a function when I accidentally turned it on

(and no, I'm not on marijuana Mario )

"There must be some way out of here," said the joker to the thief
[TΣ]_Ha_Luke_331

"All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets."
-Voltaire
"A good decision is based on knowledge and not on numbers. " - Plato
RedGazzelle
Skirmisher
posted 01-31-10 03:15 PM EDT (US)     132 / 142       
Old-Style Chinese Kung Fu can do more damage than firearms and early artillery.

When surrounded and low on stamina, do a round house kick to defeat your enemies.
BurningSushi460
Scenario Reviewer
posted 01-31-10 07:11 PM EDT (US)     133 / 142       
The Chinese in TAD are actually full of crap, they are just like the People's Republic of China.

The Porcelain Tower, considered a beautifully extravagant work of Chinese architecture, is secretly eye candy with an underground factory that produces food, gold, and lumber.

The Confucian Academy, meant to house China's most talented students in learning, is just a sweat shop meant to produce volatile fireworks used in war.

The White Pagoda, a Buddhist relic, is now a Buddhist steroid producer upon completion.

The Summer Palace, a historically signifigant summer home of the emperor, is, in reality, a brainwashing facility that lures in unaware tourists and plucky Chinese boys into the Army without even paying them.

Lastly, The Temple of Heaven, meant to be the place where the Emperor of China makes an offering to the Gods, is really a chemical experiments facility, designed to disable pain and heal wounds upon all Chinese military personnel on the field (also, the fact that villagers are produced upon its construction implies that it is a Hong Kong whorehouse)

[This message has been edited by BurningSushi460 (edited 01-31-2010 @ 07:11 PM).]

Mariomasta RJK
Skirmisher
posted 01-31-10 10:10 PM EDT (US)     134 / 142       
Op explanation. And luke don't lie to me

DISTISOP

Cheap Plastic Rosary
Skirmisher
(id: D0ct0r Wh0)
posted 02-01-10 09:35 AM EDT (US)     135 / 142       
When the founding fathers weren't busy slaughtering each other on the battlefield, they might send out a German, an Italian, and a couple of other guys to go and kill the entire Russian army.

Or they might choose to be sadistic bast***s and send an explorer out on a ship all by his lonesome and make him not only build the town center himself, but also gather all of the wood by himself WITHOUT ANY HELP AT ALL!

It is possible to have Asians, Native Americans, and Europeans all in the same region of the world at the same time (and this was before the advent of electricity!).

Time Lords don't get TARDISes.

PINGAS will not assure victory.

In fact, Lazer bears and super huari strongholds will not assure victory.

...[T]he least initial deviation from the truth is multiplied later a thousandfold. -Aristotle, De Caelo

On the lips of the catechist the first proclamation must ring out over and over: “Jesus Christ loves you; he gave his life to save you; and now he is living at your side every day to enlighten, strengthen and free you.” - Pope Francis, The Joy of the Gospel

Call me out if I fail or seem to fail to live up to either of these. Either I will learn something, you will learn something, or we both will.
As_Saffah
Scenario Reviewer
posted 02-01-10 10:08 AM EDT (US)     136 / 142       
The truth about Indian wonders

The Agra Fort is a misnomer. It can actually be built anywhere.

The Charminar Gate is not, in fact, squeezable. But it is the home of the Platonic ideals of all military units available to India.

The Karni Mata was originally designed as a big, elongated Habitrail for the sacred rats who live there. But common sense won out, and they built it exactly the size of one rice paddy, so you can make a nice 3x3 square of paddies with the wonder in the middle.

The Tower of Victory is also a misnomer. But it sounds a lot better than some of the other names people use for it.

The Taj Mahal used to be a mausoleum, but was converted into a canteen and burlesque show for the troops, providing both sides of the battle with about 12 seconds of refreshment and entertainment.

Crunkatog on ESO
Bart331 balance suggestion: aztec: remove civ
Voltiguer: Ender, Sioux in 1.04 will be a top civ, no matter how many layers of Sioux goggles you put on
schildpad on Elephants: ...their mansabdar unit sucks so hard it looks like a black hole
Crunkatog on Steam.
BurningSushi460
Scenario Reviewer
posted 02-01-10 06:20 PM EDT (US)     137 / 142       
DX Saffah you copycat!

Also,
-Aztec couriers often were not treated very kindly by the Spanish considering the nature of the former's civilization, so the leader of the Aztecs demanded that instead of peace and messanging being the trade of the scouts, that mastering Native American UFC boxing and punching the De La Hoya s*** out of the Spaniards was the preferred solution.

Cheap Plastic Rosary
Skirmisher
(id: D0ct0r Wh0)
posted 02-01-10 08:17 PM EDT (US)     138 / 142       
Let's make it a hat trick with Japanese wonders and the dark secrets lying behind them:

1: The Buddha is a spy. And rather than promoting peace and meditation, he sends naginata cavalry.
2: The Torii Gates don't actually need to go in front of a shrine or signify any enterance into a sacred space; they're just pretty gates. AND they inspire the Emperor to offer you more units, resources, and/or technologies faster.
3: The Golden Pavillion is a Zen school of armour, cannon, and weapon improvements.
4: The Toshogu Shrine is just a massive indoor farm (or forest or mine depending on the owner's preference). Regular shrines, in comparison, are miraculous in that not only can they produce a small garden/forest/mine but also hold 10 people in them!
5: The Shogunate is actually a building, and not a governmental force. And instead of ruling over all of Japan (what we call an instant WIN), it basically reduces the food and payment soldiers recieve and acts as a huge house and resurrection center for daimyo(s). And we thought the EMPEROR recieved the biggest palace in Japan!

...[T]he least initial deviation from the truth is multiplied later a thousandfold. -Aristotle, De Caelo

On the lips of the catechist the first proclamation must ring out over and over: “Jesus Christ loves you; he gave his life to save you; and now he is living at your side every day to enlighten, strengthen and free you.” - Pope Francis, The Joy of the Gospel

Call me out if I fail or seem to fail to live up to either of these. Either I will learn something, you will learn something, or we both will.
BurningSushi460
Scenario Reviewer
posted 02-03-10 08:37 PM EDT (US)     139 / 142       
-Water is a bane to the natural flow of time. If the common settler so much as even sniffed at water, he'd be moving like a stop-animation character.

BurningSushi460
Scenario Reviewer
posted 02-08-10 11:37 PM EDT (US)     140 / 142       
-Louis XIV had a different reason for his death. He one day buggered a British doctor and read into the future through a phonebooth only to find a thousand fact forum sheet that wasn't updated frequently anymore. His grief at this sight drove him to instigate his own beheading.

pramit
Skirmisher
posted 02-11-10 07:23 AM EDT (US)     141 / 142       
1) every civ has found more than a million battle
2) the decisive factor in a war is their commander.
3) vills seem to gather things time and again.
4) the vill hand attack is stronger than the blunderbuss
5) a vill can destroy a canon with hand attack. but not strelets with big spear like things.
6)rusian people have sex more than other civs
7)the world is limited by a few civs
8)settlers look the same(i wonder whether they have cloning machines in tc)
9)mortars cant fire upon people.
10)every now and then, the world might stop due to a phenomenon called "LAG"

I no longer play aoe3 actively. In fact, I no longer play any video game. That's how lame I've become.
skype - pramit57
"Life is a void and void is truth"
RedGazzelle
Skirmisher
posted 02-12-10 05:28 PM EDT (US)     142 / 142       
One thing that still bothers me is that Russia has royal guard grenadiers instead of royal guard cossacks.

At least they got the Tartar Loyalists right.

I have a hard time believing that a mighty Cossack would lose 1v1 to most Euro civ's Hussars.

Also, is there a reason why Kalmucks are silent? Or is just my game copy?
« Previous Page  1 ··· 4 5 6  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames