Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » A Few Questions
Bottom
Topic Subject:A Few Questions
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 5  Next Page »
GodofSquishy
Skirmisher
posted 08-07-11 07:59 PM EDT (US)         
Please Answer These

Which civ is best for 1v1 in Nilla ( except Russia/Ottomans)
How much time does it take to age from discovery-colonial as europeans
^^ The same with colonial - fortress without using fast age politician.

Row row row your boat
Gently down the stream
Belts off, trowsers down
Ain't life a scream!
AuthorReplies:
ztejas
Skirmisher
posted 08-07-11 09:06 PM EDT (US)     1 / 114       
Aside from Russia and Ottos I guess French are the bet all around. I don't know, it just depends on who you're good with.

Colonial time is around 1:00, fortress is maybe like 1:45? Not sure on those, it could be like 1:15 and 2:00.

GodofSquishy: Did somebody say LANCERS?! O.o
GodofSquishy: Opris suck at veteren level for siege
DUolCKrad
Veteran Musketeer (Content Contributor)
posted 08-07-11 11:33 PM EDT (US)     2 / 114       
Spanish are the best even when including Russians and Ottomans.

90 seconds to Colonial, and I think 110 seconds to Fortress.
ztejas
Skirmisher
posted 08-08-11 00:58 AM EDT (US)     3 / 114       
I don't like Spanish but everyone says they are good. Russia is the only civ that outright rapes jan rushers, and Ottomans are good at laming abus or picking on noobs with janny rushes.

Like I said, France is a very solid civ. Dutch and Ports can be good in the right hands, but they take experience. Germans are definitely the worst 1v1 civ. Their early game military is awwwful.

British can also be a good all around civ. Lbows are great colonial defenders, but Brits kind of have a weak fortress. They have no heavy cav or game changing fortress units (e.g. Lancers, Curries, Spahis, Opirchinks, Ruyters, Germans have skirms, Ports get cassas and organ guns)

Just a bunch of musks and hussars lol

emzeeshady
Skirmisher
posted 08-08-11 01:02 AM EDT (US)     4 / 114       
Definatly Spain.
GodofSquishy
Skirmisher
posted 08-08-11 04:11 AM EDT (US)     5 / 114       
The thing is as ztejas knows i'm a big fan of lancers and the spanish get access to much needed skirms as well as falconets mercs and goons

But when i play spain in 1v1 i'm too scared to actually aim for the FF when im versus Ottos/Russians the ottomans are dead scary because the spanish have no good counters aside from xbows ( I'm NOT bringing this up again )

Jaybus combo is dead hard to beat as spanish in colonial
Mass Strelet also - 3/4 Spanish units from rax in colonial are considered HI and Xbows are just more annoying v strelets as he will have cossacks.

Whats a good way to get to fortress as spain when v Russia / Ottos. other civs wont really bother you. Brits want room to boom and dutch want to get their banks ready and they'll be FFing too etc

Row row row your boat
Gently down the stream
Belts off, trowsers down
Ain't life a scream!
ztejas
Skirmisher
posted 08-08-11 08:37 AM EDT (US)     6 / 114       
Yeah I don't see Spain fortress being viable against Russians or Ottos. Russians can have 33 Strelets at 6 minutes... Have fun getting to fortress with that in your base. French are a good counter civ as well since they aren't at any disadvantage to Spain.

GodofSquishy
Skirmisher
posted 08-08-11 09:20 AM EDT (US)     7 / 114       
Do you think a feigned rush will do that trick? 10 rods 8 pikes attacking early at the russian then you quickly FF and get all the fortressy stuff such as lancers cannon mercs and vet ups

Row row row your boat
Gently down the stream
Belts off, trowsers down
Ain't life a scream!
DUolCKrad
posted 08-08-11 09:24 AM EDT (US)     8 / 114       
http://aoe3.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=15,36576,,all

Spanish are the best civ in vanilla.

[This message has been edited by DUolCKrad (edited 08-08-2011 @ 09:25 AM).]

pramit
Skirmisher
posted 08-08-11 09:31 AM EDT (US)     9 / 114       
Russians can have 33 Strelets at 6 minutes... Have fun getting to fortress with that in your base.
lawl, you can easily beat that :P a well placed tower and tc will beat your nub strelets. The best way to beat spain as russia is to play defensively(but with map control) and massing cossacks+musk and strelets. age 3 anti cav(manchu or goons) help a lot, but spain >> russ

I no longer play aoe3 actively. In fact, I no longer play any video game. That's how lame I've become.
skype - pramit57
"Life is a void and void is truth"
GodofSquishy
Skirmisher
posted 08-08-11 10:18 AM EDT (US)     10 / 114       
Thanks for the help pramit :/ but tell me HOW to beat Russia AS SPAIN.

You're saying i should ship rodleros and relay on TC fire until i fortress with my fingers crossed?

Row row row your boat
Gently down the stream
Belts off, trowsers down
Ain't life a scream!
ztejas
Skirmisher
posted 08-08-11 10:44 AM EDT (US)     11 / 114       
If you dont pressure russians they can either:

Double blockhouse spam strelets, in which case you better get to fortress really fast

Or

Get to fortress themselves with better map control and more sexy unit spammage

Strelets have decent siege when there are 50 of them.

GodofSquishy
Skirmisher
posted 08-08-11 11:30 AM EDT (US)     12 / 114       
JUst been watching some recs of spain v ottos and the ottos were going for jans ( I'm using this because ottos often attack earlier and have better siege )

The ottos destroys the outpost from aging and by the time 10-15 jans are on the TC 6-7 mins into the game the spaniard hits age3 with 4 hussar 7 rodlero 5 dogs 6 MM and TC fire. According to the creator of a spanish FF strat any russian/otto rush is dead then.
Next shipments are
lancerx5
lancerx4
rodlerox9
pikemanx12
rodlerox8
falconetx2
swiss pikemen
and keep skirms producing along with vill productiion seizeing herds and TPs as you advance

Row row row your boat
Gently down the stream
Belts off, trowsers down
Ain't life a scream!
ztejas
Skirmisher
posted 08-08-11 12:14 PM EDT (US)     13 / 114       
12 pikes and 4 lancers before 2 falcs? I send 2 falcs as first shipment with most civs. Especially if you are fighting jans, it's a no brainer. A fort does you a lot of good aswell.

A smart otto player will hold back after taking out the outpost to mass jans, because spanish dont have a counter with your listed shipments. Fortress age lancers don't do so hot against jannys...

GodofSquishy
Skirmisher
posted 08-08-11 12:29 PM EDT (US)     14 / 114       
Actually they do pretty well v Jannys

Jannys have 235 pop
Lancers no ups have 20x3 v inf thats 60 dmg poof!
thats 1/4 of the janys health and you will have skirms with you

and yes in the recs the otto did go back after the outpost went down
2falcs 4 lancers or 12 pikes depends entirly and what you're up against

Row row row your boat
Gently down the stream
Belts off, trowsers down
Ain't life a scream!
ztejas
Skirmisher
posted 08-08-11 01:30 PM EDT (US)     15 / 114       
Jannys have like 40 anti cav, so for the population the jannisaries would be doing more overall damage plus more hitpoints.

I doubt you could have more than 10 skirms right after ffing and sending a couple of shipments, wasting 2 shipments on 9 lancers against ottos is a really bad idea.

You would be better off with an eco shipment plus rods or falcs to counter jannisaries and any rouge abuses

Falconets destroy abuses...

Huggels
Skirmisher
posted 08-08-11 02:25 PM EDT (US)     16 / 114       
ztejas is right imo. whats the point of going ff if you not gonna use the bigger guns. ye lancers are really good, but i for one would rather take the falcs if going against jann's
emzeeshady
Skirmisher
posted 08-08-11 11:13 PM EDT (US)     17 / 114       
Jans suck versus cav.

Nilla is for noobs

all i have to say
pramit
Skirmisher
posted 08-09-11 02:41 AM EDT (US)     18 / 114       
Thanks for the help pramit :/ but tell me HOW to beat Russia AS SPAIN.

You're saying i should ship rodleros and relay on TC fire until i fortress with my fingers crossed?
age with 4 huss, and use that with mm+war dogs and rods(if you have them) if he attacks you early. Then ship lancers? lancer rod with a few skim is a solid combo against russ.

I no longer play aoe3 actively. In fact, I no longer play any video game. That's how lame I've become.
skype - pramit57
"Life is a void and void is truth"

[This message has been edited by pramit (edited 08-09-2011 @ 02:43 AM).]

GodofSquishy
Skirmisher
posted 08-09-11 04:46 AM EDT (US)     19 / 114       
Ye. Nilla is for total noobs
We have to pay for our plantations and mills
Balance is soooo old. Balanced games is for n00bs

Japan - Shrines aka Factories
OP Military

India - Sombody said its gives a new definition of the word lame and Ha Luke said "any nubcake can be good with india"

In TAD people got
Land Grab - For noobs who cant play for plantys/mills
more op cards, throughbreds, unction etc
+5 To EVERYTHING
Trickle Cards

But he is right about jans not being too good versus cav.

Thanks Pramit.

Row row row your boat
Gently down the stream
Belts off, trowsers down
Ain't life a scream!
ztejas
Skirmisher
posted 08-09-11 09:34 AM EDT (US)     20 / 114       
Jans are good against everything... Just because they aren't "relatively" good against cav doesn't mean they won't hold their own. I would rather have jannys against lancers than french or british musks or pikes against lancers.

If Ha Luke says a civ is that lame then I don't doubt him. That dude is right about everything.

I like how emzeeshady says nilla is for noobs, your most played civs are ottos and india... Don't call me a noob Mr. Lamer.

[This message has been edited by ztejas (edited 08-09-2011 @ 09:40 AM).]

Khalidbinwalid
Skirmisher
posted 08-09-11 04:13 PM EDT (US)     21 / 114       
Nilla is for noobs

all i have to say
Why don't me and you have a wee bit of battle on Nilla, maybe that rude comment about the only game i play will be erased out of your forgetable mind.
I don't have lame tad or Twc just plain old fashioned Aoe3.

"When I am in the battlefield, I love it more then when I am in my house"-Khalid Bin Walid
Questions, Questions, you always ask questions-Teacher
Why sir, questions are the basis of human intelligence-me
emzeeshady
Skirmisher
posted 08-09-11 09:22 PM EDT (US)     22 / 114       
Well tbh those are rated games which I don't play a lot of. I play my first like 60 games with Ottos til I learned how to play and India is extremly fun.

Also I don't really use Emzeeshady as my account any more so looking at stats from that account that I rarely ever play is invalid.

People complain about how op is India is but tbh I can beat Indians fairly easily as Russia or France.

My point is not about the balance. The point is the worse players play Nilla. Sure TAD has some balance issues but its not like the "op" civs are unbeatable.

Sorry to affend people who can't afford the 5 dollars for expansion but ranks on Nilla i would say are a few higher.

Nilla is missing flair that Native and TAD civs provide. Little variety. I find myself falling into the same paterns with almost every civ same for the unique and fun Ottos. In TAD I can go from using Aztecs to India which makes going from Spain to Britain seem boring sorry.
ztejas
Skirmisher
posted 08-10-11 01:04 AM EDT (US)     23 / 114       
India is lame, Japs are lame, Ottos are lame, Sioux is lame...

Nilla is for people who like ES and appreciate civ balance.

How can you say worse players play nilla, you play as India and Ottos. Maybe drop India come to nilla and try and beat me playing Germans. Then you might appreciate playing with OP civs more with a degree of learned humility.

By the way I have war chiefs and TAD, and most nilla players do aswell. People don't bash TAD because they don't have it, people bash TAD because they've played it and it's an inferior RTS.

Go have fun on TaD if you want, but leave nilla players alone please.

DUolCKrad
posted 08-10-11 02:28 AM EDT (US)     24 / 114       
Vanilla isn't even close to balanced and TAD does contain the better players, though the level of competition on both games is very weak.
GodofSquishy
Skirmisher
posted 08-10-11 03:52 AM EDT (US)     25 / 114       
I find it quite cute how ztejas is fighting for TAD

Must be said i do think that a TAD Conscript is better than a nilla private

India is lame, Japs are lame, Ottos are lame, Sioux is lame...
French are lame.... Russians are lame..... ( not too sure on sioux )

"People complain about how op is India is but tbh I can beat Indians fairly easily as Russia or France."

Ah the irony. My fav civs in TAD are Spanish Dutch and Iroquois and according to zjetas i'm the best corporal of a generation. ( I like to think i roflwtf pwned him as spanish v russians ) And belive you me elephants are a total bitch to bring down as dutch/iro/spain even sioux Try bringing down a 1.4k elephant with ruyters when theres more of then and sepoys :/

( How about me make culverins anti elephants )

Row row row your boat
Gently down the stream
Belts off, trowsers down
Ain't life a scream!
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 5  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames