Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » A Few Questions
Bottom
Topic Subject:A Few Questions
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4 5  Next Page »
GodofSquishy
Skirmisher
posted 08-07-11 07:59 PM EDT (US)         
Please Answer These

Which civ is best for 1v1 in Nilla ( except Russia/Ottomans)
How much time does it take to age from discovery-colonial as europeans
^^ The same with colonial - fortress without using fast age politician.

Row row row your boat
Gently down the stream
Belts off, trowsers down
Ain't life a scream!
AuthorReplies:
GodofSquishy
Skirmisher
posted 08-12-11 01:58 PM EDT (US)     51 / 114       
I think he was being sarcastic
Also pramit could you possibly help me with Portugese / French for 1v1 ( maybe russians i'll ask zjetas for that )

Row row row your boat
Gently down the stream
Belts off, trowsers down
Ain't life a scream!
Bart331
Skirmisher
posted 08-12-11 02:27 PM EDT (US)     52 / 114       
zjetas, plz understand pr 18 means u do not understand the game and cannot perform a decent ff. Ur bo is far from optimal and your macro / micro skills are substandard.

i think that was what pramit tried to tell u with "k"

SUNIL IS NUB!!!

Battle.net:Bart (227)
ESO:Bart331
ztejas
Skirmisher
posted 08-12-11 04:00 PM EDT (US)     53 / 114       
What I was trying to tell pramit is that im a major smurf and that its annoying when people just post your elo without any notion of the players skill and then make dry comments that waste my time...

GodofSquishy: Did somebody say LANCERS?! O.o
GodofSquishy: Opris suck at veteren level for siege
Bart331
Skirmisher
posted 08-12-11 04:45 PM EDT (US)     54 / 114       
Russians are a major problem for Spain ff.
i see u writing stuff like this, so no ur not a smurf, ur not good. Listen wisely to better ppl on the forum and u might learn something.

SUNIL IS NUB!!!

ztejas
Skirmisher
posted 08-12-11 05:31 PM EDT (US)     55 / 114       
First of all, I never said I was a great player, nor did I say I was better than anyone else, but I'm better (in my mind and experience) than pr18.

Second of all, I probably write 5 or more posts a day, some of them are bound to be not 100% correct, and I apologize for those posts. I'm still learning the game.

Third of all, I really enjoy reading higher players posts, and I do learn a lot.

And sometimes I feel like it's the higher rated players who should be reading my posts instead of disregarding everything. Because you might learn something, and if you don't(odds are you will not ), you can tell me why I'm wrong instead of telling me that I'm wrong.
u do not understand the game and cannot perform a decent ff. Ur bo is far from optimal and your macro / micro skills are substandard.
Trying very hard not to be rude here, (and I mean that in the highest respect possible) but I'm pretty sure you've never seen me play.

GodofSquishy
Skirmisher
posted 08-12-11 05:50 PM EDT (US)     56 / 114       
Judging by what this forum community says. We're just under ok and you're only average 17-20 just below ok
20-25 fairly sound 26+ good

Row row row your boat
Gently down the stream
Belts off, trowsers down
Ain't life a scream!
skulldragger
Skirmisher
posted 08-12-11 06:25 PM EDT (US)     57 / 114       
First of all, I never said I was a great player, nor did I say I was better than anyone else, but I'm better (in my mind and experience) than pr18.

Second of all, I probably write 5 or more posts a day, some of them are bound to be not 100% correct, and I apologize for those posts. I'm still learning the game.

Third of all, I really enjoy reading higher players posts, and I do learn a lot.

And sometimes I feel like it's the higher rated players who should be reading my posts instead of disregarding everything. Because you might learn something, and if you don't(odds are you will not ), you can tell me why I'm wrong instead of telling me that I'm wrong.
u do not understand the game and cannot perform a decent ff. Ur bo is far from optimal and your macro / micro skills are substandard.
Trying very hard not to be rude here, (and I mean that in the highest respect possible) but I'm pretty sure you've never seen me play.

------------------------------------------------------------

Haha, geegee no re.
CrazyLunatic
Veteran Musketeer
posted 08-13-11 02:53 AM EDT (US)     58 / 114       
it is difficult to offer advise if you make such general statements

Baert's point is that spain has the clear advantage vs russia so you are either getting significantly outplayed or doing something wrong.

Now if you explain why you are having trouble against Russia then maybe you can get more help.

I would recommend looking at some Spanish ff recs to see how solid players deal with pressure when ffing as it can often be somewhat challenging

QUACK
Bart331
Skirmisher
posted 08-13-11 09:45 AM EDT (US)     59 / 114       
watch flooky's recent spanish ff recs on rts-s, he has the best spanish atm. Also recs of aoe_dark_ghost are advisable.

These guy's have the ability to play 10% better then all other ppl, creating early advantage which they can exploid.

And zjetas, i wud love to play some russia vs spain with u if u want.

SUNIL IS NUB!!!

socrstar
Skirmisher
posted 08-13-11 11:59 AM EDT (US)     60 / 114       
If you recognize you're not one of the forum's top, you should probably realize when you're argument is wrong.

OT: If it hasn't been said, Spain is on top of nilla 1v1 at the moment.

ESO: socrstar
Comprehensive Turtling Guide
Semi NVR for 'Nilla
Rise of Amsterdam v2: A guide to the Dutch
"Wanna see my victory dance?" "Sure." "Hold on I need to get naked first." "Whoaa"
pramit
Skirmisher
posted 08-13-11 12:39 PM EDT (US)     61 / 114       
i can understand your frustrations, and that is why i recommend posting recs against skilled opponents(on this forum or rts, up2u)

or just keep playing and get your pr up. Everyone in this forum was once a noob

I no longer play aoe3 actively. In fact, I no longer play any video game. That's how lame I've become.
skype - pramit57
"Life is a void and void is truth"

[This message has been edited by pramit (edited 08-13-2011 @ 12:40 PM).]

socrstar
Skirmisher
posted 08-13-11 12:45 PM EDT (US)     62 / 114       
'Cept for Aizamk :P

Problem is this site only offers a limited amount of quality recs.

Semi NVR for 'Nilla
"Wanna see my victory dance?" "Sure." "Hold on I need to get naked first." "Whoaa"
ztejas
Skirmisher
posted 08-13-11 04:05 PM EDT (US)     63 / 114       
K here we go:
And zjetas, i wud love to play some russia vs spain with u if u want.
I'm guessing you would win, Spain is a better 1v1 civ to begin with.
If you recognize you're not one of the forum's top, you should probably realize when you're argument is wrong.
What argument? That Russia is one of the better civs to play as against a Spain ff? Not sure that argument is wrong, if it is please explain.
I would recommend looking at some Spanish ff recs to see how solid players deal with pressure when ffing as it can often be somewhat challenging
Case and point ^
i can understand your frustrations, and that is why i recommend posting recs against skilled opponents(on this forum or rts, up2u)
I'll start posting my 1v1s as Russia if you want. I can also start playing 1st and 2nd leuits and posting those recs of me beating them.
or just keep playing and get your pr up. Everyone in this forum was once a noob
No promises there. I play a lot of unfair 3v3s and random team games. I'm not worried about my pr, and you shouldn't be either.

GodofSquishy
Skirmisher
posted 08-13-11 04:17 PM EDT (US)     64 / 114       
Over the course of the week its a bit funny how zjetas' opinion regarding spain has dramatically improved

Row row row your boat
Gently down the stream
Belts off, trowsers down
Ain't life a scream!
socrstar
Skirmisher
posted 08-13-11 04:35 PM EDT (US)     65 / 114       
Sarcastic comments directed at you such as Bart wanting to 1v1 is to prove a point. Spain will tear apart Russia in a 1v1. Sure, we can play the "this counters lancers and this counters skirms so i can beat a Spain user," but personally with muskets strelets cossacks and cav archers [yuck] as your army, Rods and Lancers effectivily nullifies your army.

Lancers [obvi] wreck any infantry you possess.
Rods will prevent higher melee cossacks from trumping Lancers.
Cav archers, as I remember, are [nearly] never used.

Sure your opponent also micros, but as it is, Russia lacks a reliable counter to Lancers, and when you back them with Rods/Pikes and heck skirms if you'd like, you're just fighting a losing battle.

Russia is, in my opinion, one of the worst matchups against Spain. They lack ranged cav that is reliable, and with lancers as a dominant unit in his/her army, you have cossacks left.

If you can truly beat leuitenants consistently, then
a) you would probably show more than 7 1v1 games on ELO
b) not be a master sergeant

Yes, your experience can be more than what your ELO and PR show due to unrated games, but honestly, there is a cutoff point where if your PR is so low that you may as well win 15 games and rank up to 22+ so people stop labeling you as arrogant.

Semi NVR for 'Nilla
ztejas
Skirmisher
posted 08-13-11 04:56 PM EDT (US)     66 / 114       
I like Russia against Spain because they can pressure early. Obviously of you are fighting a qualified opponent then they can break the rush.

I think Russians get a bad rap because so many people play them the wrong way. Yes, dragoons>cav archers but still cav archers>lancers.

Its just rock paper scissors, Russia has more chances early, but Spains units are better later. Spain is easier to win with, that doesn't mean they can't lose.

I've won 6 competitive 1v1 games in a row as Russians I beleive, and if I played more often I could dwfinitely beat most 2nd liuets and the occasional 1st leuit.

Like I said, I'm not worried about my pr, so you shouldn't be either.

GodofSquishy
Skirmisher
posted 08-13-11 05:27 PM EDT (US)     67 / 114       
socrstar.
Would you say Dutch are a hard matchup for Spain?
I just played a 1v1 now master sarg v master sarg
I was spanish he was dutch. He decided to go for the pike rush back up with 10 skirms and he was deflected and at 17 mins i attacked but i lost alot but i took 50/50 of his skirms and 4 of his 6 banks
So i decided to make more lancers as he had no ruyters ( i destroyed his stable ) and je just came with halbs to protect his skirms and as spain are quite coin hungry i had nowhere near as much skirmishers compared to him about 21-43 i think and he had 20 halbs and i had just 20 skirms 12 swiss pikes and 11 lancers

Row row row your boat
Gently down the stream
Belts off, trowsers down
Ain't life a scream!
ztejas
Skirmisher
posted 08-13-11 05:36 PM EDT (US)     68 / 114       
You should be attacking way sooner than 17 minutes, good dutch players will have (many) ruyters out by then, which make lancer ff obsolete.

Soumds like you should have sent falcs then made musketeers with some skirms and keep eco going.

If you took out 4 banks then I would spam musketeers until he runs out of gold.

CrazyLunatic
Veteran Musketeer
posted 08-13-11 05:43 PM EDT (US)     69 / 114       
Russia doesn't have the siege power to stop a Spain ff
The tower and tv fire just decimates the Russian army not to mention mm age up hussars and rod shipments.
When Spain starts getting lancers with rods and some skirms Russia really doesn't have an answer

QUACK
ztejas
Skirmisher
posted 08-13-11 05:51 PM EDT (US)     70 / 114       
Thats why you have to use dirty oprichink tactics.

In seriousness, yes a legit Spain player shouldn't have too much trouble with Russians. However, some poser Spanish ff player could be in a mess against a strelet/musk horde.

And my first sentence did have some truth, oprichinks are Russias only major advantage against Spain. (Heaven forbid Spain raids with Lancers)

Bart331
Skirmisher
posted 08-13-11 06:09 PM EDT (US)     71 / 114       
ur dead before u get opri's

SUNIL IS NUB!!!

skulldragger
Skirmisher
posted 08-13-11 06:33 PM EDT (US)     72 / 114       
Not always, depends on how the game plays out. Talking about if's and but's solves nothing... It all comes down to who counters more effectively, a bit surprising to me that you people still argue about these things.

[This message has been edited by skulldragger (edited 08-13-2011 @ 06:37 PM).]

ztejas
Skirmisher
posted 08-13-11 06:51 PM EDT (US)     73 / 114       
ur dead before u get opri's
Thanks Captain Contribution

Please tell me why I'm dead before I can get opris. I think that's highly unlikely unless you can beat Russians in 12-13 minutes every game, and if that's the case opris aren't going to help anything.

You can take out an ungaurded TC with 8 oprichinks even with villager fire.

Spain>Russians in counters

Outplayed Spain<Russians

GodofSquishy
Skirmisher
posted 08-13-11 07:37 PM EDT (US)     74 / 114       
With Minuetemen?!
Doubt it

Opris suck at veteren level for seige they're only good v vills at that levels

Row row row your boat
Gently down the stream
Belts off, trowsers down
Ain't life a scream!
ztejas
Skirmisher
posted 08-13-11 08:44 PM EDT (US)     75 / 114       
Opris suck at veteran level for siege
They have highest siege of any fortress unit besides falconets (same siege as swiss pikemen). Literally, any fortress unit...

8*63=504, if you can que a full 5 then 11*63=693

6400/~600 11-12 siege volleys since probably 4 or 5 will die

Spanish will have used minutemen against strelets so it is somewhat viable against a bad/noob Spanish player.

« Previous Page  1 2 3 4 5  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames