Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.1 reply
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Walls
Bottom
Topic Subject:Walls
jeoffreyjubb
Skirmisher
posted 06-16-18 09:24 AM EDT (US)         
I really want to like this game, but the fact that weapons shoot through walls ruins it for me, totally kills any suspension of disbelief.

Is it possible to change this?

They could have made it so only arrows/cannon/mortars/ect could shoot over the walls, like in AOE2 and other RTS's, but instead, muskets and crossbows and gatling guns ect shoot through any walls as if they didn't exist. The projectiles just clip through, if you didn't know better you'd think it was a bug or glitch.

None of the mods have been able to salvage this for me so far that I've seen.

It really is a shame because it's a cool game, and some of the mods get around the whole leveling nonsense. I can't think of any game comparable to AOE3 exactly, American Conquest and Cossacks is the closest I can think of. I really do wish I could like this game, don't understand why they made such an absurd design choice.

I get the idea that it's to prevent over-walling and such, but the aesthetics of it doesn't work, it just looks beyond dumb.

I still play AoE2 more than the later titles because it has actual functional walls.

Thanks.

[This message has been edited by jeoffreyjubb (edited 06-16-2018 @ 09:31 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
MosheLevi
Scenario Contest Winner
posted 06-19-18 10:35 AM EDT (US)     1 / 1       
I had the same issue with the "shooting through walls" issue 13 years ago when the game came out.

The bottom line is, it is simply a design/game limitation they couldn't overcome in 2005.
If you noticed, units can also shoot through buildings.

One way to help ignoring this issue is to imagine walls are made out of thin wood that bullets can penetrate.

I got over this issue many years ago.
Over time you get used to it and it stops bothering you.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames