You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.90 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » what do you want in the x-pack?
Bottom
Topic Subject:what do you want in the x-pack?
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4  Next Page »
psychomonkey2000
Skirmisher
posted 12-14-02 08:01 PM EDT (US)         
1. the norse to get gold after destroying enemy buildings
2. more water maps
3. Azteca with Quetzalcoatl, Huitzilopochtli and ?
4. MUs! stone giant, charbydris, apep, siren, dragons, satyrs, 50 headed hundred armed giants (hectar-somethings), elves, cerebus, typhoon, echidna and the caldonian boar.
5. that stupid 99% bug GONE
6. NO MORE CHEATS
7. all boats available in 2nd age (or more boats)

[This message has been edited by psychomonkey2000 (edited 12-15-2002 @ 08:09 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
psychomonkey2000
Skirmisher
posted 12-15-02 12:22 PM EDT (US)     26 / 90       
When you research a tech then cancel it at 99 or 100% it gives you the tech and your resources back. But dont use it... I dont KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE

[This message has been edited by psychomonkey2000 (edited 12-16-2002 @ 08:42 PM).]

superdroideka
Skirmisher
posted 12-15-02 12:29 PM EDT (US)     27 / 90       
neutral barbarians on the map, you should get favour if you kill them
psychomonkey2000
Skirmisher
posted 12-15-02 12:30 PM EDT (US)     28 / 90       
good idea superdroideka
hades27
Skirmisher
posted 12-15-02 12:48 PM EDT (US)     29 / 90       
hey man, thats an excellent idea (neut barbs one). Great for the norse. Actually, if elves are added to the game it wouldnt be mythical, but more fantasy which Ensemble is trying to avoid.

- BITE MY SHINY METAL ASS!!
ESO: IamHades27

Winner of the least favorite forumer AoMH's award 2002!!
psychomonkey2000
Skirmisher
posted 12-15-02 01:11 PM EDT (US)     30 / 90       
but the Elves are in mythology! they were also known as Alfs, Alfheim was their home and alfheim is a RM! Ha.

CARPE DUCTUM!
Before you judge someone try walking a mile in their shoes,
that way if you still don't like them you'll be a mile away, and you'll have their shoes.
Random monthly factoid #2: If a monkey bites you, youhave to bite it back or it will assume it is the alpha male
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."
Black Knight 01
Skirmisher
posted 12-15-02 01:11 PM EDT (US)     31 / 90       
Fantasy they avoid say you? Well I say this. Let the ploughman plough, but chose an otter for swimming.But for running over light grass, or even snow, an Elf.

~ A stupid person said to his stupid freind: 'If I get to the pub first, I'll right my name on the wall.'
To which his freind replied: -'If I get there first, I'll rub it off!' Thank you. ~
-
Pelleon
Skirmisher
posted 12-15-02 01:11 PM EDT (US)     32 / 90       
China and India are ancient civs that have tons of mythical personas.
Black Knight 01
Skirmisher
posted 12-15-02 01:30 PM EDT (US)     33 / 90       
Yes yes, china, india, many others.

If I werer the head (whats the word) runner guy, i would make many Ex- packs, for Norse, Egg's and greek. New myth units, new soliers, new stuff.

Rather than getting new stuff, actually unlocking it so u can play muliplayer.

All units would be on the game, but not avalible to you. Prehaps you have a buy a CD to unlock a special MU or something. ES could really go to town on this.

~ A stupid person said to his stupid freind: 'If I get to the pub first, I'll right my name on the wall.'
To which his freind replied: -'If I get there first, I'll rub it off!' Thank you. ~
-
nvpc2001
Skirmisher
posted 12-15-02 01:50 PM EDT (US)     34 / 90       
What I like to see in xpack are special non-MU unit for each eggy and norse major gods like Greek's myridon and other 2 that I can't remember name.
psychomonkey2000
Skirmisher
posted 12-15-02 04:20 PM EDT (US)     35 / 90       
Hey i got another one! in the scenario editor they need an upgrade button, so you select all the units you want, say regular Hoplite then press the button, the this box pops up, and its got a checklist with med infantry, heavy infantry, champ infantry, copper, bronze and iron weapons, mail and sheilds then you check off lets say Med, Heavy and Champ infantry poof! you've got a champion hoplite! Maybe it should have cross civ research on it too for those wierd scenarios, plus when you place a Hypapist for the same player it would automaticly be champ, but you should also be able to send it back to regular.

[This message has been edited by psychomonkey2000 (edited 12-15-2002 @ 04:21 PM).]

Pelleon
Skirmisher
posted 12-16-02 02:10 AM EDT (US)     36 / 90       
And all the triggers should work in multi-player...
Skirmisher
posted 12-16-02 04:10 AM EDT (US)     37 / 90       
I would like to see a Classical Age GP that would be a cross between Nildhogg and Dwarven Gold Mine. It would get stronger the later the Age you cast it in.

Something like a Classical - 360 HP Dragon, Heroic - 720 HP Dragon, Mythic - 1800 HP Dragon.

Maybe the Norse could get that in the Classical Age instead of the worthless Forest Fire GP . It would accentuate their rushing ability.

Black Knight 01
Skirmisher
posted 12-16-02 04:33 AM EDT (US)     38 / 90       
I thought the Norse would be better at rushing than they actually are. An idea, prehaps faster building units in classical age, prehaps a GP you get then. Let them build twice as fast for 30 secs.

-
alpha77
Skirmisher
posted 12-16-02 07:05 AM EDT (US)     39 / 90       
Good idea williamthe bloody, that'd be kewl For the egyptians they could have their gods incarnate, Like SoO, you get Set, Isis, and Ra all on the battlefield!
Funky_Chicken
Skirmisher
posted 12-16-02 09:04 AM EDT (US)     40 / 90       

've got an idea for aztec favour -

Youstart the game with an emperor (kinda like the pharoah) with a random name like montezuma (if he's died you'd get montezuma II a minute later) The pharoah can move quite fast (about 4.5) and has a reasonable LOS but for balance isues can't pick up relics. He'd be bad at fighting but would have about *10 damage modifier vs mu's and would give all friendsly units in a smallish radius *2 modifier vs mu. If he or one of the units in his radius kills a unit then you'd get favour (you'd get lots of favour if the emperor killed the unit)

You could also get priest which can pick up relics and get favour for killing and have a *4 bonus vs mu's but aren't affected by the emerors radius.

This fit's in with the aztec type flavour - your priests and your emperor get favour but most of the time your units are doing the killing - it's also less complicated than the prisoner idea.

Aztec's obviosly wouldn't have cavalry but would have strong infantry and archers. Infantry could include eagle warriors (bonus vs. cavalry and archers) and jaguar warriors (totally maul infantry even ta's)
A really cool idea for a last age gp would be effectivelly the end of the world - an earthquake and meteor shower hits everywhere on the map for about 10 seconds.

I don't know much about the aztec's but they were my favourite civ in aok (21 damage champions) and I'd love to see them in aok.

Also some more ideas for the xpack

1) protect the god n=mode - your god comes down to earth at the start with no powers or attack or anything and you have to defend him (regicide basically)

2) see chat in recorded games

3) Have dwarven warriors for the norse that cost about 60 gold and 5 favour, they would have weak pistols for long range but would turn to axes for cloase combat. (norse dwarves could be turned into these instead of ulfsarks)

Hel
Skirmisher
posted 12-16-02 09:29 AM EDT (US)     41 / 90       
Montezuma = Incan

BTW, Aztecs had priests for the different gods. Why not let each major & minor god have a "Priest of ..." with each a different ability.

Favor should be required elsewhere than in combat (too Norse-ish). The ball game (like I said before) would be ideal. Let ball players play against each other, they "gather" favor and then you'd have to sacrafice him at your temple to get the favor. It would demand more control than the Greeks, but it should be quicker and in greater ammounts.

BTW 1 - If they whould add a unit that Newbie wanted & if they pick a new major god for the existing cultures (Frey for the Norse), they could pick Skirnir (Frey's servant). He sent Skirnir to get him the beautiful Giantess Gerd.
In the archaic age he'd be a fast scout, in the classical age a cavalry unit, in the heroic age a hero and in the mythic age a hero-MU.

BTW 2 - I have my doubts about Aztecs. They'd have 2 expansion packs in a row with the Aztecs ... Age of Conquerors ...
And Babylonians/Sumerians are too Egyptian-ish. The Eggys even have a Babylonian MU & GP: the Scorpion Man and Ancestors. The Babylonian goddess of the undeworld, Ereshkigal, had scorpion men (with the body of a man and a bow) defend the passage where the sun, Shamash, entered & left her realm. And when the love of her life, Nergal, did not come back to the underworld, she threathened the outnumber the living with the dead -> Ancestors. Interesting parallel with the AoM-Nephthys ...
I don't know who they'll pick as new culture all is fine by me ... Babylonian, Aztec, Maya, Japanese, Polynesian, Chinese ...

[This message has been edited by Hel (edited 12-16-2002 @ 09:34 AM).]

Phat Fox
Skirmisher
posted 12-16-02 09:46 AM EDT (US)     42 / 90       
I personlywould like 2 more civs. Aztecs sound cool.
and they should make at least 10 more units for each civ.(5human 5myth)
psychomonkey2000
Skirmisher
posted 12-16-02 11:08 AM EDT (US)     43 / 90       
@ Hel
Montezuma was Azteca, the 2nd to last Emperor, good idea about the preists, maybe they could have like a weak GP that can be reused but would cost favor and take like 2 minutes after sending the command to get to work, eg: Tlaloc's preist could pray for a while, then it starts to rain, it could either be like a much weaker Rain (not very good)or a flood that can expand lakes, either opening up his defences or swallowing his dock, but that makes it like the gods get 2 GPs

@Funky_Chicken
I still like my idea about favor better

Ok got some thing about their units, you could make regular units, then the more units they kill the stronger they get so you start with the basic infantry, then it does 50 total damage, and it gets promoted, then it does 20 more, and it gets promoted again etc. the last rank would be Arrow Knight if its an archer (the hp totals would have to be lower for this) Jaguar Knight if its a swordsman (well for the azteca, Macana-man) and Eagle Knight if its a spearman

[This message has been edited by psychomonkey2000 (edited 12-16-2002 @ 11:09 AM).]

Zalpacuiztli
Skirmisher
posted 12-16-02 11:38 AM EDT (US)     44 / 90       
Actually the Arrow Knight never existed, it was made up by a guy who wrote a book about armies of all the world.

And yes Montezuma(Motecuhzoma Xocoyotzin in náhuatl)was an Aztec Tlatoani (emperor)

"I HATE THE WORLD AND IT HATES ME TOO"
Loser of Mithrandir_88's Non-Award for Losing the "Whoever Gets the Last Post Loses" Thread
Winner of the "Craziest Forummer Award" AoMH Semi-Annual Awards '03
Co-Author of the Aztec Civilization Outline for AOM
Hel
Skirmisher
posted 12-16-02 12:07 PM EDT (US)     45 / 90       
Oops ...

Confused him with Cuzco ... Damn Disney (I really never saw it).

[This message has been edited by Hel (edited 12-16-2002 @ 12:08 PM).]

Myth Maker
Skirmisher
posted 12-16-02 12:58 PM EDT (US)     46 / 90       
In addition to some of the ideas posted above:

1) A Campaign editor (i.e. the means to assemble custom scenarios into a custom campaign)

2) Enabling camera tilting in the scenario editor by means of hot keys (as in the EE editor, for example)

3) Perhaps another SP campaign involving any new major gods/cultures that have been added (and I'm assuming that some will be; the Aztec, Indian and far-eastern suggestions made by various people above all seem quite promising to me, provided ES can make something varied and balanced out of them).

psychomonkey2000
Skirmisher
posted 12-16-02 01:14 PM EDT (US)     47 / 90       
oops... well, same idea, they could use more scenarios, not that the current ones are bad but still, cant go wrong with more scenarios. Maybe they could keep the same charachters as in the current ones, well the ones that arent dead or turned into gods, i'd like t see Ajax being confused with Quetzalcoatl (if they can think someone whos trying to kill them is...)

CARPE DUCTUM!
Before you judge someone try walking a mile in their shoes,
that way if you still don't like them you'll be a mile away, and you'll have their shoes.
Random monthly factoid #2: If a monkey bites you, youhave to bite it back or it will assume it is the alpha male
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."
Black Knight 01
Skirmisher
posted 12-16-02 01:20 PM EDT (US)     48 / 90       

New GP'S I say**************

There raelly arn't many, 4 per game.
Prehaps one to help Norse rush, greek to defend, and one to boost eggi'es ecom (like rain).

Also, 1 more MAGOR god per civ.

-
ages
Skirmisher
(id: alwaysages)
posted 12-16-02 01:44 PM EDT (US)     49 / 90       
I think they should try and improve the AI. It can be done, zycats battle machine is a lot better than the standard AI.

! seilims eht rof elims
Black Knight 01
Skirmisher
posted 12-16-02 01:51 PM EDT (US)     50 / 90       

AI - yes.

Like, easiest - easy- moderate - hard - hardest. Like aok.

-
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames