You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.90 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » what do you want in the x-pack?
Bottom
Topic Subject:what do you want in the x-pack?
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4  Next Page »
psychomonkey2000
Skirmisher
posted 12-14-02 08:01 PM EDT (US)         
1. the norse to get gold after destroying enemy buildings
2. more water maps
3. Azteca with Quetzalcoatl, Huitzilopochtli and ?
4. MUs! stone giant, charbydris, apep, siren, dragons, satyrs, 50 headed hundred armed giants (hectar-somethings), elves, cerebus, typhoon, echidna and the caldonian boar.
5. that stupid 99% bug GONE
6. NO MORE CHEATS
7. all boats available in 2nd age (or more boats)

[This message has been edited by psychomonkey2000 (edited 12-15-2002 @ 08:09 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
ages
Skirmisher
(id: alwaysages)
posted 12-16-02 01:56 PM EDT (US)     51 / 90       
AI - Yeah more difficulty settings and more aggressive AI - but no more Ais that cheat to the extent that Titan does.

BTW did you know there is a line of code in the AI that stops it from rushing if it doesn't have any teammates! If you take the line out it does attempt a rush but its very lame.

! seilims eht rof elims
ages
Skirmisher
posted 12-16-02 02:01 PM EDT (US)     52 / 90       
Also I want to see technologies that do things like improve Hersir attack by 5% but you can research it more than once!

Obviously it would have to be balnaced, maybe increase price the more times its researched/have a limit on how many times its researched/Reduce its effects everytime its researched/allow you to research it once for every settlement you control/allow you to research every x kills or maybe allow you to research it once per age.

! seilims eht rof elims
Black Knight 01
Skirmisher
posted 12-16-02 02:02 PM EDT (US)     53 / 90       
TITAN is silly I think, cause of hanicap, but it is useful. U should set the hanicap yourself. The 'how hard the cpu is' menu bar should only be for the thinking of CPU and speed.

~ A stupid person said to his stupid freind: 'If I get to the pub first, I'll right my name on the wall.'
To which his freind replied: -'If I get there first, I'll rub it off!' Thank you. ~
-
ages
Skirmisher
posted 12-16-02 02:06 PM EDT (US)     54 / 90       
An AI where you could pick the handicap would be cool, also if they have to introduce hanicaps to make more challenging AI then why not have more interesting handicaps - computer starts with extra villies perhaps.

Also to help people new to the game, a mode where you can give yourself an advantage ( whether its a 50% increase in Econ or whatever)

! seilims eht rof elims
Black Knight 01
Skirmisher
posted 12-16-02 02:09 PM EDT (US)     55 / 90       
Differnt handicap, I wouldn't thave thought of that.

I think elves would be nice in a civ, elven archers, like Lord of the Rings.

~ A stupid person said to his stupid freind: 'If I get to the pub first, I'll right my name on the wall.'
To which his freind replied: -'If I get there first, I'll rub it off!' Thank you. ~
-
ages
Skirmisher
posted 12-16-02 02:12 PM EDT (US)     56 / 90       
More of a fntasy aspect would be nice, but it would have to be something extra special to stand out from the rest of fantasy RPGs. People have at some points in histoy really believed in the mythology in AOM, but correct if i'm wrong, has any culture ever believed in elves?

! seilims eht rof elims
Black Knight 01
Skirmisher
posted 12-16-02 02:27 PM EDT (US)     57 / 90       
U may say that about dwalves? About trolls as well.

-
ages
Skirmisher
posted 12-16-02 02:30 PM EDT (US)     58 / 90       
Maybe - didn't the norse actually believe in them? (I'm probably totally wrong on this)

! seilims eht rof elims
psychomonkey2000
Skirmisher
posted 12-16-02 02:32 PM EDT (US)     59 / 90       
archepelago needs more islands, i swear, last time I played there were 2 Islands, for crying out loud! another time there you could get to all the islands through shallows! Both these were on large oh and there should be more map sizes then small and large. and how many times do i have to say the norse DID belive in elves, they were alfs ad they lived in alfheim

CARPE DUCTUM!
Before you judge someone try walking a mile in their shoes,
that way if you still don't like them you'll be a mile away, and you'll have their shoes.
Random monthly factoid #2: If a monkey bites you, youhave to bite it back or it will assume it is the alpha male
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."

[This message has been edited by psychomonkey2000 (edited 12-16-2002 @ 08:38 PM).]

Zalpacuiztli
Skirmisher
posted 12-16-02 02:41 PM EDT (US)     60 / 90       
yes there are dwarfs, trolls and alfs in norse mythology

"I HATE THE WORLD AND IT HATES ME TOO"
Loser of Mithrandir_88's Non-Award for Losing the "Whoever Gets the Last Post Loses" Thread
Winner of the "Craziest Forummer Award" AoMH Semi-Annual Awards '03
Co-Author of the Aztec Civilization Outline for AOM
Black Knight 01
Skirmisher
posted 12-16-02 02:43 PM EDT (US)     61 / 90       
I thought so, Tolkien got his ideas from Norse mythology.

-
ages
Skirmisher
posted 12-16-02 02:43 PM EDT (US)     62 / 90       
Ok I stand corrected about Elves. I wanna see the return of true shallows terrian where land units and ships can both cross.

! seilims eht rof elims
Nakul
Skirmisher
posted 12-16-02 02:44 PM EDT (US)     63 / 90       
I'm thinking the main bets for X-pac civs are Aztecs, Asians, and Babylonians.

Aztecs- Just go and play the Montezuma campaign and see what i'm saying. Multiple, colorful gods.

Chinese- I don't know, do they even have a monotheistic religion? I htought they had spirits or something. Excuse my ignorance.

Babylonian/Persian- You have Ishtar, the lovely goddess of fertility, and her famous Babylonian Gates of Ishtar. You also have an array of other quarreling gods, plus heroes like Gilgamesh and Enkidu (both from the Epic of Gilgamesh). If you read the Epic, you'll find out that there is a vast about information about the Babylonian pantheon. There's also the various statues and artifacts that have been found, they are interesting as well. God powers could include floods (the great flood), conversion (convert units in a selected area to your side) and other stuff, real easy to build upon.

Black Knight 01
Skirmisher
posted 12-16-02 02:45 PM EDT (US)     64 / 90       
Thats ok. That terrain was good, wasn't it? I havent seen it on map editor though.

-
ages
Skirmisher
posted 12-16-02 02:50 PM EDT (US)     65 / 90       
Yeah shallows was great fun.

! seilims eht rof elims
thurdl01
Skirmisher
posted 12-16-02 02:51 PM EDT (US)     66 / 90       
There is no way that the X-Pack will have three civs. They're not going to double the size of the game, especially with a game this difficult to balance. I'd guess one civ AT MOST. That "at most" might surprise some, but it would be possible to create and release a well done and beneficial X-Pack without adding a civilization.

However, if I were a betting man, I'd place my money on one more civ. No more, no less.

- .... ..- .-. -.. .-.. ----- .----
.... --. / -.-. .... . .-. ..- -...
.. ..-. / - .... . / --. . .-. -... .. .-.. / . ... -.-. .- .--. . ... --..-- / .-- . / .- .-. . / .- .-.. .-.. / -.. --- --- -- . -..
ages
Skirmisher
posted 12-16-02 02:54 PM EDT (US)     67 / 90       
I think one civ would be quite a good amount but I think it should be interesting and different like the Norse, not boring like the Greeks

! seilims eht rof elims
Black Knight 01
Skirmisher
posted 12-16-02 03:00 PM EDT (US)     68 / 90       

I find the greek boring, just you're usual barrcks, archery range, and stable.
1 more civ sounds ok, but I think prehaps 1 x pack that there would beloads new stuff, but alsou have a buy other ones to unlock new units and building e.x.

-
ages
Skirmisher
posted 12-16-02 03:05 PM EDT (US)     69 / 90       
I think they should keep the number of updates you have to buy to a minimum ( 1 x-pack) but release lots of patches that keep things balanced(like they did for AOK)

! seilims eht rof elims
psychomonkey2000
Skirmisher
posted 12-16-02 03:08 PM EDT (US)     70 / 90       
if they add another it cant be anything like the Norse, or the greeks or the eggies, its gotta be very different, thats why i started paying attention to this game, the norse and greeks and eggies are all different, that was the problem with AoE, everythings the same, and only one way to play it each time (sure you could rush or stay defencive or turtle but compared to having 8 paths of minor gods for EVERY GOD well the options seem kinda slim).

1 more civ is the perfect amount, either that or 1 more god for each. but its gonna be another civ.

CARPE DUCTUM!
that way if you still don't like them you'll be a mile away, and you'll have their shoes.
Random monthly factoid #2: If a monkey bites you, youhave to bite it back or it will assume it is the alpha male
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."

[This message has been edited by psychomonkey2000 (edited 12-16-2002 @ 03:10 PM).]

Hockey_2cool
Skirmisher
posted 12-16-02 03:23 PM EDT (US)     71 / 90       
I think that there should be a "prisoner" stats so that when units get bellow the hp level they are captured and that there shold be a stance like aggressive or deffinsiv etc. that u can tell ur men to take prisoners and you could take there weapons and trade them for resource or what ever... you could sacrafice in the aztecs case for favor and the better the unt the more favor or in slave them and have them like gaia so they can recapture there fourmer men as villies

i wold alsolike more mu's and have hero's take less vs mu cause they cost so much and than they just die to somthing that is half of what they cost.
i would like more naval places like the italy in aoc
and have more flying units (:

psychomonkey2000
Skirmisher
posted 12-16-02 03:26 PM EDT (US)     72 / 90       
thats too complicated, requiers to much clicking, and if youre me, then you'll forget about the stance and then the enemy gets their units back

CARPE DUCTUM!

[This message has been edited by psychomonkey2000 (edited 12-16-2002 @ 03:27 PM).]

Black Knight 01
Skirmisher
posted 12-16-02 03:43 PM EDT (US)     73 / 90       
You both have a point there. A good idea, but it does require a lot of remembering and work. Keep the game simple, an they can't go wrong.

I thinK MU's sould have xtra upgrades, like fire giant, upgrade attack. Orhave an armory for MU'S.

-
psychomonkey2000
Skirmisher
posted 12-16-02 05:49 PM EDT (US)     74 / 90       
yeah, upgrades for MUs would be nice, i'd like an upgrade for the Jormund Elver or Avenger, ooo, thatd be very nice, i can see it now, hordes of upgraded avengers dicing the enemys infantry, backed up by swarm of champion camels and chariot archers *drools*... bye everyone, i have to play a Ra game.

CARPE DUCTUM!

[This message has been edited by psychomonkey2000 (edited 12-16-2002 @ 08:39 PM).]

Tyrannosaurus
Skirmisher
posted 12-17-02 04:01 AM EDT (US)     75 / 90       

Quoted from psychomonkey2000:

6. NO MORE CHEATS

Some AOMers really NEED cheats to get through a game.

Tyrannosaurus Rex (meaning "tyrant lizard king" in Latin)
Size: 44-50 ft long, 6-8 tons
Diet: Meat
Also known as: T-Rex

They never said tyrannosaurs couldn't join HG forums...so here I am! (HROOAAARRGGHH!)

« Previous Page  1 2 3 4  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames