You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.90 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » what do you want in the x-pack?
Bottom
Topic Subject:what do you want in the x-pack?
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4  Next Page »
psychomonkey2000
Skirmisher
posted 12-14-02 08:01 PM EDT (US)         
1. the norse to get gold after destroying enemy buildings
2. more water maps
3. Azteca with Quetzalcoatl, Huitzilopochtli and ?
4. MUs! stone giant, charbydris, apep, siren, dragons, satyrs, 50 headed hundred armed giants (hectar-somethings), elves, cerebus, typhoon, echidna and the caldonian boar.
5. that stupid 99% bug GONE
6. NO MORE CHEATS
7. all boats available in 2nd age (or more boats)

[This message has been edited by psychomonkey2000 (edited 12-15-2002 @ 08:09 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
Funky_Chicken
Skirmisher
posted 12-17-02 05:07 AM EDT (US)     76 / 90       

Quote:

Some AOMers really NEED cheats to get through a game.

They are also quite useful for testing scenarios, mods, ai's etc.

Ive had another idea about the dwarves - eaach major god can make a different clasical age mu - odin gets elves which cost wood and favour and shoot people (with bows) thor gets dwarves which hit people with axes and cost gold and favour. Loki would get zombies or something which cost food and favour and would slap people.

Although they are mu's they'd all generate favour by fighting and could build things also possibly all three would get an attack bonus vs norse units.

Perhaps the aztecs could trade gold for favour - about 10 gold/favour. This would be thematic, probably balanced and totally different from anything the other civs have.

Black Knight 01
Skirmisher
posted 12-17-02 07:10 AM EDT (US)     77 / 90       
Also each iv can get more favor, like indtead of just a limit of 100, prehaps 150. Zeus will be 250.

~ A stupid person said to his stupid freind: 'If I get to the pub first, I'll right my name on the wall.'
To which his freind replied: -'If I get there first, I'll rub it off!' Thank you. ~
-
Black Knight 01
Skirmisher
posted 12-17-02 07:18 AM EDT (US)     78 / 90       

I like those Norse ideas, Funky Chicken. I fully support you on that, because ES didn't put enough mythology in the Norse I think. Ok, they have fore giants, frost giants and mountain giants, but they need more, lesser powerful ones prehaps.

The elven archers would cost: 70 wd, 20 fd 5 favor.
Attack - 8 - 12
Armor - Little
HP - 70
Fast.

Dwarven axemen: 60gd, 30fd, 5 favor.
Attack - 10 - 16
Armor - More than elf.
HP - 90
Slow unit.

Prehaps Loki could get Orcs or Goblins.

~ A stupid person said to his stupid freind: 'If I get to the pub first, I'll right my name on the wall.'
To which his freind replied: -'If I get there first, I'll rub it off!' Thank you. ~
-
Black Knight 01
Skirmisher
posted 12-17-02 07:19 AM EDT (US)     79 / 90       
Also, upgrades would be possible.

-
psychomonkey2000
Skirmisher
posted 12-17-02 08:22 AM EDT (US)     80 / 90       
I like the idea about dwarfs and elfs but zombies? Hey they'd be nice but were zombies actually in Norse Mythology?

Quote:

Some AOMers realy NEED cheats to get through a game.

Quote:

They are also useful for testing scenarios, mods, ai's etc.

Ok i understand that, beginning AOMers sometimes use cheats for good ie: trying to find the right balance of villies and using a resource cheat in case they have to little, and then deducing from that that they need more villies on ________ or less on ___________ but some people just use them like theres no tomorrow! Hmmm... maybe if something that disables the cheats is activated after a player reaches a certain level (using the same system as the multiplayer mode) that could work... someone if that could work (im a geek but not a very techy geek)

CARPE DUCTUM!
Before you judge someone try walking a mile in their shoes,
that way if you still don't like them you'll be a mile away, and you'll have their shoes.
Random monthly factoid #2: If a monkey bites you, youhave to bite it back or it will assume it is the alpha male
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."
Black Knight 01
Skirmisher
posted 12-17-02 08:40 AM EDT (US)     81 / 90       
Zombies...

I think Orcs and Goblins for Loki instead. I really do, and The norse dragon could do with improvments too.

-

[This message has been edited by Black Knight 01 (edited 12-17-2002 @ 08:41 AM).]

thurdl01
Skirmisher
posted 12-17-02 12:41 PM EDT (US)     82 / 90       
On cheats:

1) Many of the cheats are designed to aid in development of scenarios, and testing AIs, as mentioned. Even the cheats that give you super-units help when testing, since you can storm an enemy and kill who needs to be killed without going through building an economy,

2) Cheats can be disabled in MP

3) Anyone using cheats like there's no tomorrow is just hurting themselves in the long run. If they find the game more fun that way, why the heck not let em. They'll get owned as soon as they step into a noncheat game anyway.

---

On the idea of classic MUs...really, the greeks (pegasus) and norse (dwarves) already get them. Set also gets them in classical.

I did have an interesting idea if ES went with the Mayans instead of the Aztec. Mayan creation includes several earlier, failed creations, each of which is marked by what element the god of that creation attempted to use to make men. You could then have a dwarf-like unit for each of the gods based on their attempt at creation (the one I specifically remember is tree men).

- .... ..- .-. -.. .-.. ----- .----
.... --. / -.-. .... . .-. ..- -...
.. ..-. / - .... . / --. . .-. -... .. .-.. / . ... -.-. .- .--. . ... --..-- / .-- . / .- .-. . / .- .-.. .-.. / -.. --- --- -- . -..
StrongBowDX
Skirmisher
posted 12-17-02 06:47 PM EDT (US)     83 / 90       
My ideas and all that schiznit...

Aztecs - Very viable. They have a multiptude of gods and many people know of Queztocoatl. They *might* be too late in the timeline though when you compare them to Greece, Egg, and Norse. Mayans may be substituted, but I doubt it. They have plenty of heroes, legens, and such to make a great new civ.

China - I doubt ther eis enough information to go on. Chin has dragons and such, but they are not the evil dragons of the West, they are mostly just wise, mystical, and rare rather than hungry predators.

Babylon/Persia/Sumeria - Another good possibility. Lesser known, but plenty of history and gods to work with.

What we ABSOLUTLY need are:

1. New maps, patches, readmes, intro, and loading screen
2. An AoE3 teaser/trailer
3. A new civ (the past 2 ES pacs had several, we're only asking for one)
4. ESO made better
5. And priced at $30, none of this MoHAA xpac cr@pola for $35... it just don't work that way
4. And hopefully it comes out by Xmas '03, if not they'll have lost al lot of us

~sbdx

RM
Hades -> Ares -> Aphrodite -> Artemis
DM
Zeus -> Athena -> Apollo -> Hera
GWKL
Banned
posted 12-17-02 09:09 PM EDT (US)     84 / 90       
The most important thing that i want, a BETTER EDITOR!
psychomonkey2000
Skirmisher
posted 12-17-02 09:42 PM EDT (US)     85 / 90       
the editor is good but only if you realy know how to use it. They need a tutorial and some functions that would involve a lot less triggers ie: they aformentioned upgrade button, a function that alows you to engineer minor god choices (like a big tree that highlites the chosen gods)

CARPE DUCTUM!
that way if you still don't like them you'll be a mile away, and you'll have their shoes.
Random monthly factoid #2: If a monkey bites you, youhave to bite it back or it will assume it is the alpha male
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."
daveaom
Skirmisher
posted 12-18-02 07:09 PM EDT (US)     86 / 90       
How about the Incas? They had a ton of mythology. For Favor they could build a Special Temple where they research ways to sacrafice and the more technologies they have the faster the favor comes in.
Jules the Walker
Skirmisher
posted 12-19-02 07:31 AM EDT (US)     87 / 90       
personally i would like a S.American civ and India to be part of the x-pac.

"He who makes a beast of himself get's rid of the pain of being a man"
-Dr.Johnson
"If you want to improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid with regard to external things."
-Epictetus
Shiro
Skirmisher
posted 12-19-02 07:58 AM EDT (US)     88 / 90       
Aztecs and Japanese. Or Mayans, or Incas, doesn't matter, all I need is to see my samurai kickin' some infantry's butt around again.
psychomonkey2000
Skirmisher
posted 12-19-02 04:40 PM EDT (US)     89 / 90       
hey, got an idea about a GP i think would be great to see in the game, it would be like Locust swarm except it would affect ALL resources and not give them to you. It would have to be mythic. You could incorporate this into almost any mythology too.

CARPE DUCTUM!
daveaom
Skirmisher
posted 12-19-02 09:34 PM EDT (US)     90 / 90       
They should change Eclipse too.
It's kind of Boring right now.

If you were a genie and someone wished for you to not grant their wish, what would you do?
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames