You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by MosheLevi, Mister SCP

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.147 replies, Sticky
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » The Downloads Section: News, Reviews, Requests
Bottom
Topic Subject:The Downloads Section: News, Reviews, Requests
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4 5 ··· 6  Next Page »
NAT
Banned
posted 02-05-06 12:12 PM EDT (US)         

The Downloads Section: News, Reviews, Requests

News

10/5/06 - a new RMS script for y'all by RF_Gandalf, Gandalf's Random Land Map. A step ahead of ES!
19/5/06 - CaveTown releases the sequel to his campaign Roanoke, Roanoke 2: Mysteries of the Ones
14/6/06 - Botolf releases a nice FF scenario, Seige of Fort Niagara.
16/6/06 - a nice no rush RMS from schildpad, here.
17/6/06 - an awesome set of maps with observer mode enabled, from pftq.
06/2/07 - A very nice Advanced Triggers Set by pftq.
06/4/04 - A great New Editor2 Expansion Patch by kjn, and PureAlbino.
19/4/07 - HTML and BBCode are now enabled in the Download Section for “Description”.

Review Requests!

This thread has been created to help both designers and reviewers. This is mainly aimed for requesting reviews for random map scripts and single player scenarios. Requesting reviews here gives reviewers a base to work from and it prevents the downloads from being too clogged up with people requesting for reviews there.

Before you review a map please do read the Review Guide!

If you would like your map reviewed add a post to this thread, stating the title of the map, it's type and a link to it in the download section. Forummers can then take note and review your submission in the download section. Thanks!

Current Review Requests:
Cinematic: smilie - The wrong path

Reporting Reviews

AoE III Heaven is proud to be the home for many designers and fans in the community. Therefore, in hopes of maintaining a positive environment for all fans including the map makers, reviewers, and just the playing fans, this thread has been created.

This thread can also be used to report comments and/or reviews in the AoE III Downloads that you believe should be looked at and possibly removed. All that I really need are names and a URLs. This will be very helpful in aiding me to keep the downloads clean and tidy.

I have written out an updated version of the review guidelines first written by Angel Spineman. These are only guidelines for reviewing but it is assumed that when you write a review you have read through this article.
http://aoe3.heavengames.com/reviews/camp_guidelines

I'll also try to keep track of removed/changed reviews.

[This message has been edited by MosheLevi (edited 04-21-2007 @ 11:32 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
Mr_Native
Skirmisher
posted 12-09-06 08:28 AM EDT (US)     51 / 147       
This Review was graded on a standard of 3, and I believe it portrays a bad first impression of the scenario. Please remove it. Thanks.
accientart_admin
Skirmisher
posted 12-09-06 08:43 AM EDT (US)     52 / 147       
I would like review on my Fort Destruction scenario.

Merry Cristmas!!!
Mr_Native
Skirmisher
posted 12-24-06 07:37 AM EDT (US)     53 / 147       
Mk101
Skirmisher
posted 12-26-06 06:30 PM EDT (US)     54 / 147       
Could someone do a clear and concise review of my scenario, so that I can improve upon my designing skills.Also on the side note , I'm pretty weak at balancing scenarios(due to the fact that there is no unit counter sheet for Aoe3).Thanks in advance,
Mk101
StonewallJ
Seraph Emeritus
(id: Conquistador34)
posted 01-27-07 03:43 PM EDT (US)     55 / 147       
You guys can now put in a preview screenshot for anything you upload

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
[][][][][][][][][][] Stonewall J [][][][][][][][][][][]
dr nefarious
Skirmisher
posted 02-05-07 02:47 AM EDT (US)     56 / 147       
Probably the worst "fanboy-review" of all time, by Williams: "GRRREAT as always. I havent tried it, but I have full convidence that my rating fits your mod. GRRRRRRRREEEEEEEAAAAAAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" The "reviews" from Sir Snoopy and DrIstvan on the same file don't sound much better.

This one from design and help is not really helpful either, and neither is this from the same author.

Oh, and the 'News' section on the top could do with some updating as well.

WildCardDoW
Skirmisher
posted 02-16-07 04:46 PM EDT (US)     57 / 147       
There are quite a few bad reviews out there, the reviews for:

AoE 3 WW2: The Great Crusade: Utah Beach
2 of the reviews for Little Bighorn

These in many ways are just a few of many, TBH the overall impression of reviews here is pretty poor, Luke really does have his work cut out for him!

You really should contact HG main and ask about a Official Review system, it would mean that the good reviews are more noticable. Even if it was people that simply put some thought into what they are writing it would be better for viewers to sort out the good from the bad, the entire idea of a review system.

EDIT: Or if there is an official team, make it more obvious.

[This message has been edited by WildCardDoW (edited 02-16-2007 @ 05:06 PM).]

StonewallJ
Seraph Emeritus
posted 02-16-07 07:58 PM EDT (US)     58 / 147       

Quote:

Luke really does have his work cut out for him!

Luke is not the DL admin anymore. He dropped from that position recently so now we're assigning someone else it.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll browse around current reviews and axe out the unjust ones.

Quote:

Even if it was people that simply put some thought into what they are writing it would be better for viewers to sort out the good from the bad, the entire idea of a review system.

We are working to improve our DL section, not sure if you noticed, but make all suggestions on the survey:
http://zen.heavengames.com/survey/public/survey.php?name=downloads07

And we'll try to get the DL section better.

GamerFalcon
Skirmisher
posted 03-02-07 02:27 PM EDT (US)     59 / 147       
Hi,

Ive just found this site and ALOT of maps,

But where do I download them to and how can I play them once I have them?

annihilator2000
Skirmisher
posted 03-02-07 04:12 PM EDT (US)     60 / 147       

Quote:

But where do I download them to and how can I play them once I have them?

First of all, hello and welcome to HG.

When you download a scenario it is usually in a zipped folder. First you need to extract it. The scenario file (.age3scn or .age3Xscn) goes in "My Documents\My Games\Age of Empires 3\Scenario." A lot of scenarios will include a readme to tell you where to put the files or tell you on the download page, especially if there is more then just a scenario file.
To play a scenario click "Single Player" then click "Custom Scenarios" and load the scenario. Make sure you have patched your game fully because otherwise some scenarios might fail to load.
Have fun playing them, many designers have put lots of work into making very fun scenarios.

ESO: Space_man
AoE3 Cinematics:
Death by Natives and The Last Scenario Designer
Project announcement coming soon!
pftq
Skirmisher
posted 03-04-07 07:03 PM EDT (US)     61 / 147       
Fort Wars 3.x

Review is almost complete nonsense (for better/worse word).

Playability:Another FortWars map..By removing that automaticaly unit move to point, comp doesen't have any units.

Multiplayer Map, not single player.

Though in multiplayer all goes smoothly.
Contradicts himself.

Balance:I think some units kill Spahis a lil bit too easily, Aztecs don't have LOS, that makes them easy to defeat.
He has no idea what he is talking about. Most players claim these to be overpowered, not underpowered. These are also 2 out of 12 different playable civilizations; Spahis being less than a 10th of the Ottoman bonus.

Creativity:Of course Fort Wars map is creative.It brings a tons and tons of fun.
Map Design:Excelent absolutely magnificent.I don't like snow or pampas liked maps, but with Fort Wars I actualy enjoy playing on them.
Detail/Accuracy:Many details, even trees, but I can't unnotice some wierd terrains.eg:squere or triangle water holes on bayou type of map.

Nothing fancy is done with the terrain. If he sees squares, it is a matter of his graphics card. You can see screenshots at the main Fort Wars site, no problems with the map environment.

I have tried countless times to catch him online so that he may prove his claims to me. I have never seen him. He claims certain things do not work, but ask any decent player (check the ladder) and they will say otherwise.

[This message has been edited by pftq (edited 03-04-2007 @ 07:05 PM).]

PureAlbino
Skirmisher
posted 03-04-07 07:35 PM EDT (US)     62 / 147       
I agree with you about that review pftq, back in november I posted here that it should be removed. Also check the rating breakdown, that's not a 3, add those figures and divide by 5, should be a 4?

Getting credit for kjn's work: New Editor2 Expansion Patch
StonewallJ
Seraph Emeritus
posted 03-04-07 08:34 PM EDT (US)     63 / 147       
Ya, review retracted. We're basically running on no Download Admin atm, so any reviews you post here that are unjust sure do help

twoqtimes2
Skirmisher
posted 04-02-07 10:06 AM EDT (US)     64 / 147       
Last review for The Trials by Ultra_Janissary is not only total bunk, but is nothing but one line comments for each section.
dr nefarious
Skirmisher
posted 04-16-07 02:46 AM EDT (US)     65 / 147       
Neither of the first two reviews for The Autumn War is conform to the guidelines.
PureAlbino
Skirmisher
posted 04-21-07 09:36 AM EDT (US)     66 / 147       
Hey Moshe could you update the original post of this sticky a little? Like the news that we can now use bbcode/html in the download section. Or remove the news part all together so that this doesn't 'age'.

MosheLevi
Scenario Contest Winner
posted 04-21-07 09:50 AM EDT (US)     67 / 147       
Hey Moshe could you update the original post of this sticky a little? Like the news that we can now use bbcode/html in the download section.

Done.

[This message has been edited by MosheLevi (edited 04-21-2007 @ 09:50 AM).]

PureAlbino
Skirmisher
posted 04-21-07 09:51 AM EDT (US)     68 / 147       
Nice one

dr nefarious
Skirmisher
posted 04-25-07 02:28 AM EDT (US)     69 / 147       
The first "review" here still just says "your maps are good would you like to make some maps for my mod".
dr nefarious
Skirmisher
posted 05-02-07 02:47 AM EDT (US)     70 / 147       
This review may be in line with the rules, but the rating should be adjusted. The category ratings are 5, 3, 4, 4 and 3, with an overall rating of 5.0.
poindexter39
Skirmisher
posted 05-02-07 03:26 AM EDT (US)     71 / 147       
You know I was wondering why it didn't give the average of the scores when I rated his map. The last thing I want to do is mislead people.
MosheLevi
Scenario Contest Winner
posted 05-02-07 01:37 PM EDT (US)     72 / 147       
This review may be in line with the rules, but the rating should be adjusted. The category ratings are 5, 3, 4, 4 and 3, with an overall rating of 5.0.

I already reported this problem to Stonewall and he is looking into it.
The average rating goes by “Playability” only.

poindexter39,

For the meantime you may want to update “Playability” to “4” as a temporary fix.

[This message has been edited by MosheLevi (edited 05-02-2007 @ 01:37 PM).]

dr nefarious
Skirmisher
posted 05-16-07 06:52 AM EDT (US)     73 / 147       
I just came accross another review here where category ratings of 5, 5, 3, 3 and 2 add up to 5.0. You really should try to fix this calculation problem or go back to the old (one rating only) system for random maps.
MosheLevi
Scenario Contest Winner
posted 05-16-07 09:23 AM EDT (US)     74 / 147       
StonewallJ
Seraph Emeritus
posted 05-16-07 02:34 PM EDT (US)     75 / 147       
Ya, I'm looking at it. It's tricky but it'll be fixed soon, just got to get the proper people for it.

« Previous Page  1 2 3 4 5 ··· 6  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames