You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by MosheLevi, Mister SCP

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.147 replies, Sticky
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » The Downloads Section: News, Reviews, Requests
Bottom
Topic Subject:The Downloads Section: News, Reviews, Requests
« Previous Page  1 ··· 3 4 5 6  Next Page »
NAT
Banned
posted 02-05-06 12:12 PM EDT (US)         

The Downloads Section: News, Reviews, Requests

News

10/5/06 - a new RMS script for y'all by RF_Gandalf, Gandalf's Random Land Map. A step ahead of ES!
19/5/06 - CaveTown releases the sequel to his campaign Roanoke, Roanoke 2: Mysteries of the Ones
14/6/06 - Botolf releases a nice FF scenario, Seige of Fort Niagara.
16/6/06 - a nice no rush RMS from schildpad, here.
17/6/06 - an awesome set of maps with observer mode enabled, from pftq.
06/2/07 - A very nice Advanced Triggers Set by pftq.
06/4/04 - A great New Editor2 Expansion Patch by kjn, and PureAlbino.
19/4/07 - HTML and BBCode are now enabled in the Download Section for “Description”.

Review Requests!

This thread has been created to help both designers and reviewers. This is mainly aimed for requesting reviews for random map scripts and single player scenarios. Requesting reviews here gives reviewers a base to work from and it prevents the downloads from being too clogged up with people requesting for reviews there.

Before you review a map please do read the Review Guide!

If you would like your map reviewed add a post to this thread, stating the title of the map, it's type and a link to it in the download section. Forummers can then take note and review your submission in the download section. Thanks!

Current Review Requests:
Cinematic: smilie - The wrong path

Reporting Reviews

AoE III Heaven is proud to be the home for many designers and fans in the community. Therefore, in hopes of maintaining a positive environment for all fans including the map makers, reviewers, and just the playing fans, this thread has been created.

This thread can also be used to report comments and/or reviews in the AoE III Downloads that you believe should be looked at and possibly removed. All that I really need are names and a URLs. This will be very helpful in aiding me to keep the downloads clean and tidy.

I have written out an updated version of the review guidelines first written by Angel Spineman. These are only guidelines for reviewing but it is assumed that when you write a review you have read through this article.
http://aoe3.heavengames.com/reviews/camp_guidelines

I'll also try to keep track of removed/changed reviews.

[This message has been edited by MosheLevi (edited 04-21-2007 @ 11:32 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
gunner1
Scenario Expert
posted 03-29-08 11:06 AM EDT (US)     101 / 147       
the review here is a review for a camapign but only reviews one scenario in it, so request for it to be deleted.

Scenarios I have made
Single Player-: CAMPAIGN - Christmas - Forest River RPG - Total Freedom
MultiPlayer-: Castle Blood Automatic - Mafia Hitman - Warrior Defence
ESO = sandstorm....................................................................................."I won the bet on 1.04!"
MosheLevi
Scenario Contest Winner
posted 03-29-08 11:19 AM EDT (US)     102 / 147       
the review here is a review for a camapign but only reviews one scenario in it, so request for it to be deleted.
Review deleted.

I didn’t delete it because it is only for one scenario.
I deleted it because it was an unprofessional review.

It is obvious to me that this review was written in attempt to make fun of the scenario and not as a constructive review.

[This message has been edited by MosheLevi (edited 03-29-2008 @ 11:21 AM).]

gunner1
Scenario Expert
posted 03-29-08 02:58 PM EDT (US)     103 / 147       
Thanks, but reviewing only one part of a campaign still makes its a false review, right?

Scenarios I have made
ESO = sandstorm....................................................................................."I won the bet on 1.04!"
MosheLevi
Scenario Contest Winner
posted 03-29-08 10:46 PM EDT (US)     104 / 147       
Thanks, but reviewing only one part of a campaign still makes its a false review, right?
That is debatable.

If someone gives you 4.8 and specifies that he only played 1 scenario out of 4 scenarios (campaign), and I remove his review, would you be OK with that?
What do we do if that person doesn’t want to review the rest or he just doesn’t have the time?

IMO, partial review is better than nothing.
It least it indicates the quality for part of the campaign as well as suggesting the quality for the remaining of the campaign.
gunner1
Scenario Expert
posted 03-30-08 08:48 AM EDT (US)     105 / 147       
It depends whether the designer feels the review is high or low, IF someone reviews one scenario and gives it a 5, then that would be Ok as the person downloading it, would play a scenario worth 5, even if they didn't play the rest, they would still enjoy themselfs.

If someones reviews with a 1, then people will be put off downloading, even if the others would have been enjoyed by them.

Overall i think that to make the review valid, someone must play through the whole campaign.

Scenarios I have made
MosheLevi
Scenario Contest Winner
posted 03-30-08 09:18 PM EDT (US)     106 / 147       
It depends whether the designer feels the review is high or low
This should not be up to the designer.
The designer is always going to feel that the review is too low unless he got over 4 rating.
That is why we leave the reviews to independent reviewers.
If the designer has a veto powers then reviews will not be objective.
IF someone reviews one scenario and gives it a 5, then that would be Ok as the person downloading it, would play a scenario worth 5, even if they didn't play the rest, they would still enjoy themselfs.
That is also true when the review is low (1 & 2).
Players will then know that they shouldn’t play the first scenario because it has low review.

As I said earlier, this is debatable, so let’s just leave it on a case to case basis.
gunner1
Scenario Expert
posted 03-31-08 04:25 PM EDT (US)     107 / 147       
I agree that obviously reviews need to be unbais. Before we start arguing about rvewiing though, maybe we should sort out the fact that nearly no one reviews.

Scenarios I have made
gunner1
Scenario Expert
posted 04-04-08 10:49 AM EDT (US)     108 / 147       
Both reviews here are bad

link

[This message has been edited by gunner1 (edited 04-04-2008 @ 10:49 AM).]

MosheLevi
Scenario Contest Winner
posted 04-04-08 01:20 PM EDT (US)     109 / 147       
Both reviews here are bad
Gunner1,

The first review says: “DO NOT DOWNLOAD. WILL DELETE YOUR HOMECITIES!!!”.

Do you mind checking this scenario and letting me know if it’s playable and if it’s causing any problems?

If not, then I will delete both reviews.
However, if there is some kind of problem with this scenario then maybe it would be best to delete it.

Thank you,
gunner1
Scenario Expert
posted 04-04-08 07:11 PM EDT (US)     110 / 147       
Although i didn't play it online, i found that it caused no problems at all.

Scenarios I have made
MosheLevi
Scenario Contest Winner
posted 04-04-08 07:17 PM EDT (US)     111 / 147       
gunner1
Scenario Expert
posted 04-11-08 12:08 PM EDT (US)     112 / 147       
What do you think about this review, Its a good score for one of my own scenarios, but I don't want to feel i get any special treatment, So do you think it should be deleted?

Scenarios I have made
MosheLevi
Scenario Contest Winner
posted 04-11-08 03:43 PM EDT (US)     113 / 147       
What do you think about this review, Its a good score for one of my own scenarios, but I don't want to feel i get any special treatment, So do you think it should be deleted?
This review is fine.
It is on the short side but it has enough information to justify the good rating.

[This message has been edited by MosheLevi (edited 04-11-2008 @ 03:44 PM).]

Takk
Skirmisher
(id: Luke_Feanor)
posted 04-17-08 10:30 AM EDT (US)     114 / 147       
Just a heads up folks - I'm your new downloads admin now that Moshe has sadly gone. Any queries/comments to matherl8008 [at] gmail [dot] com and if you want any reviews looked at / requests please post them here. Cheers.

Lucas is boss.
MosheLevi
Scenario Contest Winner
posted 04-21-08 03:37 PM EDT (US)     115 / 147       
gunner1
Scenario Expert
posted 04-23-08 05:47 PM EDT (US)     116 / 147       
Can I ask why you quit being a Mod moshe?

Scenarios I have made
MosheLevi
Scenario Contest Winner
posted 04-23-08 06:04 PM EDT (US)     117 / 147       
Can I ask why you quit being a Mod moshe?
So you missed the whole thing? Lol.
I didn’t quit, HG fired me because I sent Ensemble emails about the “Failed to Load” and “Failed to Join Game” errors in two separate emails.

Read this thread to see what exactly happened:
Moshe Levi
gunner1
Scenario Expert
posted 04-24-08 08:32 AM EDT (US)     118 / 147       
Thats ridiculous, Why should A fansite be pushed around by the makers of the game, Just because we want to make it better. If they got annoyed then they should have done something about it and fixed it. Either way you did something great for the scenario design community in helping to get CSO.

Scenarios I have made
MosheLevi
Scenario Contest Winner
posted 04-24-08 02:50 PM EDT (US)     119 / 147       
twoqtimes2
Skirmisher
posted 08-01-08 03:50 PM EDT (US)     120 / 147       
I request that the review by Random22 on The Designers Mod for TAD be removed as it does not follow the review guidelines and his rating is based on his ignorance of the facts, not of the merit of the mod itself.
This has been Uploaded In The Wrong Section.
This has nothing to do with the functionality of the mod. Also, it is just plain inaccurate as I uploaded this mod where I was instructed to do so by the moderators.

Below quote was concerning the original Designers Mod
This should have been uploaded under Misc I suppose, the review system doesn't work well with this... anyway, I'll give it the grade it deserves, a 5
Can't Even play online.
The lack of ability to play online while this mod is active is not the fault of the authors, but the fault of ES for not supporting modded material like they did with AoM. It has long been known by anyone with any experience in AoE3 that any mod that changes units' or buildings' appearance or adds any new units and buildings to the editor, will not be able to play online without Oos errors. This mod was NEVER intended for online play, but for single player scenario design due to the limitations that ES bestowed upon the design community. I even added an install/uninstall feature to this mod to make it easy to go from vanilla material to modded material making online play a matter of a few mouse clicks. At any rate, this reason also does not address the merit of the work or the authors.

These were the only two reasons the reviewer gave for his rating. Either the reviewer was too lazy to read the review guidelines or has difficulty with reading comprehension. Either way, this rewiew and rating should be deleted.
FenrisWulf
Skirmisher
posted 08-13-08 11:11 AM EDT (US)     121 / 147       
Thunder Bolts review on my scenario Assassians isn't proper:
http://aoe3.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=2133&cmtid=7878#id7878

And I just read the unmodding article Moshe, that really sucks, but theres not much you can do about it now.

I love Marneus Calgar more than anyone else at Heavengames!
Accomplishments:
The Run Back Home (for AoM)(4.2),Arrow Key Movement (for AoM), WorldMap v2 (3.1)(for AoE3) Fight for Life RPG (For AoE3)
Work In Progress:
Click Upon an Old Man (30% complete)
MosheLevi
Scenario Contest Winner
posted 08-13-08 01:26 PM EDT (US)     122 / 147       

Send email to any of the moderators requesting the removal of this review.
They don’t always read this thread.

What unmodding article are your referring to?
KevTheGreat
Scenario Expert
posted 08-13-08 01:27 PM EDT (US)     123 / 147       
i think he means when they "unmodded" u

AGE OF EMPIRES 3 USERNAME - KevTheGreat :::: DAWN OF WAR 2 USERNAME - KEVTHEGREATEST :::: STEAM USERNAME - 何健龍
Some of my aoe3 scenarios here,
Most Popular: The Race 2 4.7/5.0 Global Wars 4.4/5.0 The Great Colosseum 4.6/5.0 Arab Desert 4V2 3.9/5.0 The Race 4.2/5 Fort of War 3.9/5.0
don't click this?
Follow me on Twitter
我知廣東話, 你知唔知廣東話?? 如果你知 contact me !!
MosheLevi
Scenario Contest Winner
posted 08-13-08 01:41 PM EDT (US)     124 / 147       
Oh that one, lol.

Yes, I have been pushing Ensemble really hard first to implement CSO and then later on to solve the “Failed to Join game” issue.

Talking to ES moderators produced no results so I went all the way to the top – their CEO.

So they got upset and wanted me out of the way.

EDIT:

By the way kev, I missed your question about new scenarios that I am working on now.
To answer your question – I am not working on new scenarios right now.

I got burned from all these OOS errors I got after cinematic.
I wasted more than 50 hours trying to solve this problem and I couldn’t solve it because the Editor is just too buggy.
Without cinematic I don’t get OOS even though the same triggers are executed.
So right now I need a long break.

So now it is your turn to come up with a new scenario.
Just be careful with cinematic for multiplayer – it’s not worth the hassle.

[This message has been edited by MosheLevi (edited 08-13-2008 @ 01:50 PM).]

Botolf
Royal Guard
posted 10-17-08 03:15 AM EDT (US)     125 / 147       
Heh, KevTheGreat went to the trouble of playing and reviewing my dinosaur of a scenario, Siege of Fort Niagara .

Thanks

And is that Twoq I spy?! Haven't talked to him in ages :O

| Botolf the Crazed |
There's treasure everywhere!
Winner of the Kman Lame Puns Award
« Previous Page  1 ··· 3 4 5 6  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames