You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by MosheLevi, Mister SCP

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.851 replies, Sticky
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » The AOE3 Eye-Candy Thread
Bottom
Topic Subject:The AOE3 Eye-Candy Thread
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 31 32 33 34  Next Page »
Custergrant
Skirmisher
posted 07-10-06 01:55 PM EDT (US)         

Logo designed by Swift Sampson

Welcome to the Eye-Candy Thread!

This is the place where you can show-off your skills with the editor. All submissions will be stored in the main thread for everyone to see. You can find the old AOE3 Eye-Candy Thread here. You can also view the best 10 screenies submitted from everyone here.

This thread contains eye-candy from 28 users
In total, there are 94 Screenies posted
Top screenshot poster is The Pac Mule with 10 entries
People with a * are connected to the Eye-Candy Guild

annihilator2000
Between the Mountains
Between the Mountains (morning)
Out of the fog

*benjammn311 of Lucky-Zion Studios
Just Bite the Bullet
Life
And the Rocket's Red Glare
The Arrival of General Gage

*Botolf
Screenie 1
Screenie 2
Perfect Night for a Revolution
The Somme

*CaveTown of LiquidFire Studios
Stories of Marshes and Chiefs

chicken101010
Screenie 1

Darth Aroman
Untitled

*GeneralBlack of DGDN
The Flooded Village
Nature Around the Waterfall
The Hunter's Convention
The Campers
What Happened Here?
Forest Lake

Grand Penguin
Screenshot1
Screenshot 2

*hiccuper
Untitled
Forbidden Cliffs
Red Square

irish_legend8
ambush
a new settlement

*Jap88
Untitled

kr1sse
Day at the Spanish colony in Jamaica
Spanish trading outpost in the spring
Spanish trading outpost at night
Dusk - Spanish trading outpost

Linuchadnezzar
Freddie the Awesome Ripper
The Naval Dock of New Newcastle
Downtown New Newcastle
The Naval Dock of New Newcastle

oliver
Screenie 1

*Olauwers of Imperial Creations
Big Stone Statues
Feast in the Palace
Let Me Out!
A Lick of Paint

*omicron1
Crooked Hands
Death

paul ty
Another Day of Fishing
4rth of juily
Daddy, the Mime's Back
Screenie 1
Screenie 2

Selim of DGDN
As The Lines Are Drawn
A Walk in the Woods

*Shaw DA MAN of Lucky-Zion Studios
Toward the summit
Haunted Forest day
Haunted forest night

Steel Cat
Comic-Book Crown
Time Train
Trebuchets, Sappers, Oh My
Space Battle

*Swift Sampson of LiquidFire Studios
Visitors
A Dangerous Path

Sziggiof LiquidFire Studios
Broad_Side_Attack
Whites_of_Their_Eyes
Where_the_Buffalo_Roam
Home_Again
Stary_Sky
Pentagoet
PortRoyal

*The Pac Mule
Average Day on 5th Street
Rainy Day at The Train Station
Spanish Gunpowder
The Gang's on the Loose
Winter Carnage
Open The Gate!
Spaniard Heroes
WARNING! Being Govenor May Significantly Shorten Lifespan.
Yet Another Countryside Skirmish
Move Into The Light
ROME

*Twoqtimes2 of LiquidFire Studios
Honey, I'm Home
Well, It's About Time!!
Indian River Village
The Estate
Farewell
Finally, We've Found Jack Sparrow
Early Morning Battle
Hidden Village
Storm Rolls in on Shanti Town
What Was That?

*WingCatcher
Arrival on a Foggy Island

Von Dutch
The Peaceful Storm

*YousAHo of LiquidFire Studios
Censored
Uncensored

ZELOBSTER
The Brothers Meet
The Cavalry Awaits
The Scouting Party Calls It A Day
A Prospering Farm

*Zeuslord5000
American Defense Post
Dutch Headquarters
The Dock of the Dutch

Co-Leader and Founder of the Eye-Candy Guild
Head of Research and Development for the AOE3 Editor
Designer's Mod Co-Creator
Official Story Writer of Wherever

Come join the Guild!

[This message has been edited by MosheLevi (edited 07-01-2007 @ 11:44 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
BurningSushi460
Scenario Reviewer
posted 02-16-10 10:43 PM EDT (US)     776 / 851       
La aldea tranquila
I said I was going to do a city-based (err, village) picture and after two hours and a Dr. Pepper later, I've finally achieved my goal. Critique, compliments, pointers, whatever feeds my ego, go for it.

Actually it was originally called just Heaven, but then God sold the naming rights to Microsoft, so.... -GoForGoldenJarls

Astor: “Churchill, if you were my husband, I’d put poison in your coffee.”
Churchill: “Madam, if you were my wife, I’d drink it.”

[This message has been edited by BurningSushi460 (edited 02-16-2010 @ 11:20 PM).]

As_Saffah
Scenario Reviewer
posted 02-17-10 07:31 AM EDT (US)     777 / 851       
pretty sweet...although the ground looks very flat, I suppose there's places like that in nature...

It's hard to see the details like the deer carriers, the guys loading crates, the dog in the yard, etc. at this zoom. Maybe focus on one block at a time?

For a village that cares enough to wall off its boardwalk, there's a conspicuous lack of docks and moorage on the water.

Nice work on getting the houses all aligned. It sucks when you apply age advances and the doorways are all facing wrong ways.

:P

Crunkatog on ESO
Bart331 balance suggestion: aztec: remove civ
Voltiguer: Ender, Sioux in 1.04 will be a top civ, no matter how many layers of Sioux goggles you put on
schildpad on Elephants: ...their mansabdar unit sucks so hard it looks like a black hole
Crunkatog on Steam.
Xzaander
Lone Wolf
(id: SirThobus)
posted 02-17-10 06:34 PM EDT (US)     778 / 851       
I have been sneaking arround the AoE3 forum, and also done my experimenting, so maybe I should show what I've done.
This one is just a test screenie, I wanted to see if you could create a good Hell in AoE3's editor.
[JPEG, (186.81 KB)]
Maybe future RPG enironment.

Sometimes I like to take screenshots. But only sometimes.
BurningSushi460
Scenario Reviewer
posted 02-18-10 00:08 AM EDT (US)     779 / 851       
The jagged cliffs are a little overconsistent about their sharpness but a fine quality picture nonetheless.

To anybody willing to, I would like to request something. I want a picture that demonstrates the uses of the unit IGC YP Physicspopper. It is a handy IGC cinematic unit that sends units flying. An example would be as follows: Kaboom, demonstration
I would love to see someone perform a screenshot using this unit as a scene setter (it made the strelets fly when I ordered them to attack right when the mortars destroyed the cache.)

Actually it was originally called just Heaven, but then God sold the naming rights to Microsoft, so.... -GoForGoldenJarls

hoNo
Skirmisher
posted 02-22-10 03:49 PM EDT (US)     780 / 851       
Sounds interesting, but how does it exactly work? You just order the units you want to go flying to attack the "physicspopper" unit?
BurningSushi460
Scenario Reviewer
posted 02-22-10 06:06 PM EDT (US)     781 / 851       
Just experiment with the unit and it'll be simple enough. However, it does require good timing and skill to get it right.

hoNo
Skirmisher
posted 02-23-10 05:45 AM EDT (US)     782 / 851       
Ok, I just have discovered that you need mr Popper to attack the units you want to go flying. It's like a cannon, but easier to conceal.
iBlack
Skirmisher
posted 03-12-10 11:12 PM EDT (US)     783 / 851       
Got three decent screenshots ive made:

Give the Order

Lurking

Storms Brewing
BurningSushi460
Scenario Reviewer
posted 03-13-10 02:38 PM EDT (US)     784 / 851       
You display proficient use of backdrops and background detail in all three pictures. It is understandable if you deemed the musketeer's face butt-ugly that you left the musket butt covering his face but some people want to see the side of his face just so it looks like he is in eye contact with the major in the first picture.

As_Saffah
Scenario Reviewer
posted 03-13-10 07:03 PM EDT (US)     785 / 851       
Thumbs up for all of these, iblack.

I especially like the fact that you can see the rocks and reefs underwater in the third pic, a sign of impending danger.

The second pic would be almost better WITHOUT the atmospheric fog effects. It seems like you're trying to convey an ambush either at sunrise or sunset, more probably the latter. At late afternoon, most of the mist has been burned off by the sun and the air is clearer and the sunset light more contrast-y. Using a custom lighting set such as that suggested in this section of the Design Wiki might help with this.

Crunkatog on ESO
Voltiguer: Ender, Sioux in 1.04 will be a top civ, no matter how many layers of Sioux goggles you put on
schildpad on Elephants: ...their mansabdar unit sucks so hard it looks like a black hole
Crunkatog on Steam.
iBlack
Skirmisher
posted 03-14-10 08:26 AM EDT (US)     786 / 851       
lol, thanks for the comments, im not very good in terms of choosing the right lighting. In terms of the fog effect, i didnt know how to get rid of it after putting it in my accident and not undo-ing it lol, and that random stormcloud.

Got one more ive made, I think I like this one the best.

'Caught at last'

In terms of the lighting link, do you know where i can get those effects?

Heres my re-edit, hopefully a bit better

[This message has been edited by iBlack (edited 03-15-2010 @ 02:39 AM).]

BurningSushi460
Scenario Reviewer
posted 03-14-10 01:51 PM EDT (US)     787 / 851       
The stone wall to bridge transition is very natural and ubitquitous to the river and the forest environment iBlack. You should however, raise your texture quality up to High so that the details are more sharp. The scene is of good quality but is overshadowed by the jaggy textures of the trees and the blurred out fence.

It also took me a minute to realize that the musketeers were shooting John Black and not the tasty walking venison roast to the left. For this you should also observe the positioning of shadows according to the lighting. Pick lighting that matches the mood of the scene but take care to make sure that the important parts of the scene are emphasized and not dulled out by darkness.

DayoftheNinja
Skirmisher
posted 03-14-10 10:48 PM EDT (US)     788 / 851       
Lol, I thought the same about the musketeers' target. Maybe just changing the angle of the light so it's more focused on the center of the shot.

Lead designer for The War of the Triple Alliance Mod
"It's a trap, for noobs. Looks like you're a noob, congratulations. Read the instructions this time."
-Lord Tahattus
"Most SDers don't have any knowledge on scripting. We do. You can impress them but not us."
-invent00r
iBlack
Skirmisher
posted 03-15-10 02:43 AM EDT (US)     789 / 851       
Thanks for the comments, Ive given it a re-edit. Lighting is not one of my best aspects but Ill learn. Trying to give more emphasis on the focus of the shot, wasnt sure whether the muskets should be shaded, but I decided that the shade would help them be viewed as negative characters if you know what i mean.

[This message has been edited by iBlack (edited 03-15-2010 @ 02:44 AM).]

Lupus
Sage
posted 03-17-10 05:31 PM EDT (US)     790 / 851       
Nice to see some activity!
I love this picture! And since I'm a landscape guy, I would like it even more without units. Neither the bad resolution, nor the untilted trees bothers me, because the atmosphere is just right. It gives a feeling of how I imagine an American forest, even though I haven't been there. :P

BurningSushi460
Scenario Reviewer
posted 03-17-10 09:31 PM EDT (US)     791 / 851       
The new picture has a more lush lighting and is sharper, though I think the concept was a little overpushed in the edit. The original was great because of the atmospheric fog in the background that gave it a sense of distance and the true feel of an East coast forest. The lush lighting and thicker forest in the second are very well done, but simply not in the right theme zone for America. I truthfully preferred the first one despite the shadow camouflaging John Black.

Dinoleaf
Skirmisher
posted 03-22-10 08:52 PM EDT (US)     792 / 851       
I like the "La aldea tranquila"
Are there more pictures of huge cities/towns/villages?

[This message has been edited by Dinoleaf (edited 03-22-2010 @ 08:54 PM).]

As_Saffah
Scenario Reviewer
posted 03-23-10 00:09 AM EDT (US)     793 / 851       
some recent ones in the thread:

Peninsular Wars #1
Peninsular Wars #2
Peninsular Wars #3
Enter the Shah, by BurningSushi
Death and Taxes, by BurningSushi
St. Louis: West End, 1848, by BurningSushi
Vietnamese village
Fall of Berlin by Okra Designs
City Centre
Express
Flooded New Orleans

Just some recent ones with cities, towns, and villages.

Crunkatog on ESO
Crunkatog on Steam.
Dinoleaf
Skirmisher
posted 03-23-10 01:30 AM EDT (US)     794 / 851       
Wow, very nice.
Thnx a lot!

BTW: How do you makes those little steps/stairs thingies?
Like in this pic:
[JPEG, (263.59 KB)]
The stairs on both sides of the houses in the middle I mean.

Is that in the game?

[This message has been edited by Dinoleaf (edited 03-23-2010 @ 01:35 AM).]

As_Saffah
Scenario Reviewer
posted 03-23-10 09:21 AM EDT (US)     795 / 851       
Stone steps

Crunkatog on ESO
Crunkatog on Steam.
iBlack
Skirmisher
posted 03-23-10 09:54 AM EDT (US)     796 / 851       
Stone steps are player-made. It requires the delicate process of rotating each 'rock fence' object so that it is adjacent to the ground. This is usually a timely process. Pulled off correctly it will look awesome
As_Saffah
Scenario Reviewer
posted 03-23-10 11:39 AM EDT (US)     797 / 851       
I can't fault Reyk for his immense amount of work on the Editor mod. I just wish it would let me rotate items to exact orientations, e.g. 90 degrees for steps, 180 degrees to conceal a structure under the map terrain.

That would save a lot of time. More people might be using the Editor if it weren't for these sorts of issues requiring extraordinary patience.

Crunkatog on ESO
Crunkatog on Steam.
Old Bachus
Skirmisher
posted 03-24-10 08:53 PM EDT (US)     798 / 851       
I agree. Really wish he would have. Oh, well, made everything else so much better. At you can tilt buildings. And you can allways dream.

Old Bachus, Napoleon of Spam turned half decent forumer
>>Winner of Most Improved AoMH Forumer '09<<
~If you can read this, thank a teacher. If it isn't in Danish, thank King Alfred.~
>>My work<<

"Once you've stooped to Cash4Gold type stuff, you no longer are a celebrity." - Mozzy

[This message has been edited by Old Bachus (edited 03-24-2010 @ 08:54 PM).]

As_Saffah
Scenario Reviewer
posted 03-24-10 11:17 PM EDT (US)     799 / 851       
I would probably have quit designing if it hadn't been for Reyk, kjnn, pftq, and Mister SCP.

Crunkatog on ESO
Crunkatog on Steam.
Mister SCP
Scenario Reviewer
posted 03-25-10 03:36 PM EDT (US)     800 / 851       
I can't fault Reyk for his immense amount of work on the Editor mod. I just wish it would let me rotate items to exact orientations, e.g. 90 degrees for steps, 180 degrees to conceal a structure under the map terrain.
that is not possible since a "step" is like 7°, so wouldnt really be better then rotating with a mouse. Well I might add a "Lighting Set Helper" in the next two weeks-means you can use all the functions of the triggers also in the editor and avoid the Chat boxes. If that dont work i script some custom lightings.

ESO2 Name:Sir_ConstantinESO Name:Sir_Pacman
Trigger Freak and Modder for AOE3

SCP Editor Tools---my map pack---Some incomplete stuff
My trigger Pack
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 31 32 33 34  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames