You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by MosheLevi, Mister SCP

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.197 replies, Sticky
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Custom Scenarios: Ideas and Requests
Bottom
Topic Subject:Custom Scenarios: Ideas and Requests
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 8  Next Page »
MosheLevi
Scenario Contest Winner
posted 09-04-07 06:06 PM EDT (US)         

The purpose of this thread is for forumers to bring up new ideas and special requests for Custom Scenarios (single player and/or Online multiplayer).

If you have a good idea for a scenario that you cannot do yourself but you would like it to be done by another scenarios designer then you are welcome to mention your idea in this thread.

Special requests for any kind of game type or scenario set up are welcome too.

The scenario designers would like to know what kind of scenarios the community wants to play Online or in Single Player, so this is your opportunity to let them know about your preference.

If you are asking for a game type from AOC or AOM then please give us as much details as possible and even a link to one of those scenarios so we can check them out.

Scenario designers are also welcome to use this thread to share their ideas for new scenarios and collaborate with other scenario designers.

Please refrain yourself from criticizing other people’s ideas and keep your comments constructive.

Thank you,

Moshe Levi

[This message has been edited by MosheLevi (edited 09-05-2007 @ 12:33 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
donwonjon
Skirmisher
posted 09-04-07 07:47 PM EDT (US)     1 / 197       
I would like to see a twc version of soldier store. It was probably the best blood map for aoc. I can go into deatails if no one can remember it.
MosheLevi
Scenario Contest Winner
posted 09-04-07 09:13 PM EDT (US)     2 / 197       
I would like to see a twc version of soldier store. It was probably the best blood map for aoc. I can go into details if no one can remember it.
Please give some details about this scenario.
I was not around back then so I don’t know anything about it.
I am also sure I am not the only one who didn’t hear about it.
SupremeOverlord
Skirmisher
posted 09-04-07 09:32 PM EDT (US)     3 / 197       
Id like to request any scenario or any mods for apple computers. If anyone knows how to do this, please post someting and tell me, or make a mod. Id really like that reduced UI mod, it looks very cool, as well as the editor triggers or editor features. Thanks!!!

The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his. -George Patton

Bill Gates' empire's downfall shall be caused by a fruit!

If you are a Christian and not ashamed of it, copy this into your sig.
Walker_5
Skirmisher
posted 09-05-07 03:49 AM EDT (US)     4 / 197       
I have a bunch of ideas...

How about historical scenarios, like american revolution? One team would be the empire and one the rebels.
The indian wars perhaps.

Another type of scenario which I think would be popular is CTF (Capture the flag) which is very popular in other games.

AgeSanctuary Staff member.
Kingor
Skirmisher
posted 09-05-07 04:31 AM EDT (US)     5 / 197       
Do you remember smosh blood of age 2 ?
I think a smosh for age 3 would be great.
Eskaton8
Skirmisher
posted 09-05-07 09:02 AM EDT (US)     6 / 197       
Hi,

The simplest will My idea be the most succesfull : just keep making follow-ups of the Campaign. I think Liquid Fire Studios does this the best. We could have an infinite number of campaignlevels, with regular brainstorm-evenings where we group together to make up follow-ups. If you know Gameplay>reality , then you normally would have the best follow-ups with the most fantasy.

Eskaton - Leader of LLLD - Destroyer of Worlds

The Wolf is Master of Illusion,and so is Wolf of Destruction...

[This message has been edited by Eskaton8 (edited 09-05-2007 @ 09:02 AM).]

MosheLevi
Scenario Contest Winner
posted 09-05-07 12:30 PM EDT (US)     7 / 197       
Do you remember smosh blood of age 2 ?
I think a smosh for age 3 would be great.
Can you give us more details about these scenarios and even links if you know where they are?

No everyone were around those days.
The simplest will My idea be the most successful : just keep making follow-ups of the Campaign.
We do have a few single player campaigns in our download section, but I don’t think we have any campaigns that are a follow up for the AOE3 campaigns.

Are you asking for single player campaigns or multiplayer?
Another type of scenario which I think would be popular is CTF
Yes, we definitely need to have “Capture the Flag” and I am sure we will at some point.
Futate
Skirmisher
posted 09-05-07 01:13 PM EDT (US)     8 / 197       
Cats and Mice it is a great custom map, but in old versions and most of em the cats couldnt won. I played as mice vs 6 cats and they couldnt won . But i found a new version of cats and mice "Cats and Mice Extreme", created by Tiago123. Here cats can win! and mice can win too!
But id like a version of catsnmice like the first version where CATS CAN UPGRADE speed LOS HP ATK of units. It would be great to play such a map. Cats destroy towers or time elapsed and they get a uint like in Fort Wars and bring him next to what the cat whants to upgrade. This would be fair for both teams, cats can win and for mice is a bit more challenging . If someone PLS could do this ill be VERY graeful. thx

I'll meet you in game.
MosheLevi
Scenario Contest Winner
posted 09-05-07 01:23 PM EDT (US)     9 / 197       
Cats and Mice it is a great custom map
I have heard about “Cat and Mice” but never had the pleasure to play it.

Do you have a link for one of these scenarios?
SupremeOverlord
Skirmisher
posted 09-05-07 03:57 PM EDT (US)     10 / 197       
Is modding an apple comuter possible?

The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his. -George Patton

MosheLevi
Scenario Contest Winner
posted 09-05-07 04:25 PM EDT (US)     11 / 197       
Is modding an apple computer possible?
I don’t think anyone here knows.
You may be the only person here who has apple computer.

This is a scenario request and ideas thread so please refrain from posting here about issues that have nothing to do with this subject.
SupremeOverlord
Skirmisher
posted 09-05-07 04:53 PM EDT (US)     12 / 197       
I don’t think anyone here knows.
You may be the only person here who has apple computer.
This is a scenario request and ideas thread so please refrain from posting here about issues that have nothing to do with this subject.
sorry. :S

IRP_m0f0
Skirmisher
posted 09-05-07 06:39 PM EDT (US)     13 / 197       
i think the monk relic race was pretty neat...take the most relics from the middle back to your area and win but oppenets can steal them...forget if you got military, but back then you could convert if you werent carrying relic i believe
MosheLevi
Scenario Contest Winner
posted 09-05-07 06:58 PM EDT (US)     14 / 197       
i think the monk relic race was pretty neat...take the most relics from the middle back to your area and win but opponents can steal them...
Unfortunately, AOE3 doesn’t have relics or any other objects that can be carried.
So this exact kind of game cannot be done with AOE3.

However, we can make similar scenarios where you can capture units such as wagons or even cows and send them to you TC once they are captured.
Of course your opponent should be able to re-capture them from you (works automatically for cows, lamas, and sheep).

[This message has been edited by MosheLevi (edited 09-05-2007 @ 06:58 PM).]

donwonjon
Skirmisher
posted 09-05-07 07:42 PM EDT (US)     15 / 197       
In soldier store you had units on a far island that spawned in your base, much like fortwars. You would earn better units for kills or it possible to gain them from xp. Every 100 kills the player get a horse. Horses are used to buy super units that you can spawn. The object is to destroy your opponents fort. The for is protected by 3 layers of walls and bombard towers. It is very similar to fortwars but it has a few things different.
Eskaton8
Skirmisher
posted 09-05-07 10:27 PM EDT (US)     16 / 197       
Hi,

to continue the Topic about follow-ups of the campaign, I think the scenarios where you can play with a group of friends should be tried at least once, and for single-player scenarios or Campaigns maybe you should try something different then the ordinary missions ; the player should have more freedom concerning which missions he takes next or what factions he wants to attack, or maybe even implement the 'nomad' action, and work with this some more .

Spartanius
Skirmisher
posted 09-06-07 09:37 AM EDT (US)     17 / 197       
I wish we would see some RPG gametpyes. I like those on AoM online.

You know you play AoE too much when....
"You rob a bank saying im in stealth mode, im in stealth mode"...
"You Buy a house in Britain for a free kid"...
"Whereever you see the letters "ATP" you think it means "Advanced Trading Post"...

~92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your sig.~

[This message has been edited by Spartanius (edited 09-06-2007 @ 09:39 AM).]

aoe_freak
Skirmisher
posted 09-06-07 11:43 AM EDT (US)     18 / 197       

i would very much like to see the archer blood of aoe2 return in aoe3.
if anyone doesnt know what it is anymore, i'll explain.

you start with the weakest archer/range infantry in the game (strelets, i suppose), and you always have like 50 units (if one dies, it will automatically return) when you have for example 50 kills, u get a stronger unit (you can also add a bonus at speed, range, armor, attack,...), and so on until the fort (or another building with huge hp) of the enemy is destroyed

THE ELEPHANTS ARE COMING
As_Saffah
Scenario Reviewer
posted 09-06-07 12:16 PM EDT (US)     19 / 197       
aoefreak, that's essentially what Fort Wars is, except you can choose to upgrade your existing units' HP and atk, or graduate to higher value units, or buy special merc.

A multiplayer king of the hill with new timers and reciprocal objectives would be interesting. say put a fort or cluster of forts on an island, surrounding a llama in the very middle. Forts are pretty much indestructible, but have a weak attack except anti-ship attack, which is as usual. Teams start on islands surrounding the main island and must get to the main island, run a bunch of units in between the forts, and convert the llama (which then converts the forts to their color). Starting islands auto-spawn units and frigates. You can bump off your enemy's boats and units, but you can't stop them entirely because they have untargetable spawn points. Team which holds the forts for 3 minutes consecutively wins the game.

Same sorts of unit upgrades and techs apply as in Fort Wars. Forts do not create units. Units must be ferried to central island to be used there to defend. Sinking a transport ship full of units counts for many kills, so unit upgrades are possible even if you don't yet have a foothold on the island.

Crunkatog on ESO
Bart331 balance suggestion: aztec: remove civ
Voltiguer: Ender, Sioux in 1.04 will be a top civ, no matter how many layers of Sioux goggles you put on
schildpad on Elephants: ...their mansabdar unit sucks so hard it looks like a black hole
Crunkatog on Steam.
MosheLevi
Scenario Contest Winner
posted 09-06-07 06:40 PM EDT (US)     20 / 197       
I see nice ideas and good suggestions here.
I am sure that some of the designers already started to take notes.

[This message has been edited by MosheLevi (edited 09-10-2007 @ 01:44 PM).]

Eskaton8
Skirmisher
posted 09-06-07 11:19 PM EDT (US)     21 / 197       
Hi,

What if the Nomad-action is worked out some more ? you would have to defend the wagon until death, once the wagon is lost it would be "game over", but in order to fullfill the first objective, you need to travel through enemy terrain. With Asian Dynasties you could have a Shogun in the ranks, they can train units for the defence of the wagon, to get it safe to the spot where you can start your city. Just an idea ofcourse...

Kingor
Skirmisher
posted 09-09-07 10:07 AM EDT (US)     22 / 197       
About Smosh you can see here if you have age 2 http://aok.heavengames.com/blacksmith/showfile.php?fileid=3904

It´s a game type archer blood , you start with weak archers ,more you kill , more you upgrade your archers , the objective is to destroy the enemy tower.
Each player have a base with his tower protected with walls,the center of map give bonus attack , and you have a cast spell using against you want.
It can be played in FFA mode or in teams.
Widget
Skirmisher
posted 09-10-07 03:53 PM EDT (US)     23 / 197       
i might start a new kind of snow map though i sense many problems with triggers unfortunately and it could take a very long time..

~#~#~ ESO: bacon~#~#~

Favorite Civs: China, Germans, Aztec

PR Rank: Master Sergeant.
Spector17
Skirmisher
posted 09-10-07 04:46 PM EDT (US)     24 / 197       
I have heard about “Cat and Mice” but never had the pleasure to play it.

Do you have a link for one of these scenarios?
There are at least 20 verions. Ill be on tonight and get a game going. I'm EST, and my ESO is death_master. What is your screenname?
fryBASS
Skirmisher
(id: LO12DS_Frylock)
posted 09-10-07 09:36 PM EDT (US)     25 / 197       
Guys, I'm already working on reviving some of the old AoK/C scenarios for AoE3!

Check out my YouTube Page!
ESO - LO12DS_Fry
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 8  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames