You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by MosheLevi, Mister SCP

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.197 replies, Sticky
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Custom Scenarios: Ideas and Requests
Bottom
Topic Subject:Custom Scenarios: Ideas and Requests
« Previous Page  1 ··· 4 5 6 7 8  Next Page »
MosheLevi
Scenario Contest Winner
posted 09-04-07 06:06 PM EDT (US)         

The purpose of this thread is for forumers to bring up new ideas and special requests for Custom Scenarios (single player and/or Online multiplayer).

If you have a good idea for a scenario that you cannot do yourself but you would like it to be done by another scenarios designer then you are welcome to mention your idea in this thread.

Special requests for any kind of game type or scenario set up are welcome too.

The scenario designers would like to know what kind of scenarios the community wants to play Online or in Single Player, so this is your opportunity to let them know about your preference.

If you are asking for a game type from AOC or AOM then please give us as much details as possible and even a link to one of those scenarios so we can check them out.

Scenario designers are also welcome to use this thread to share their ideas for new scenarios and collaborate with other scenario designers.

Please refrain yourself from criticizing other people’s ideas and keep your comments constructive.

Thank you,

Moshe Levi

[This message has been edited by MosheLevi (edited 09-05-2007 @ 12:33 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
gunner1
Scenario Expert
posted 06-30-09 10:49 AM EDT (US)     126 / 197       
Well if you will make anything, how about a scenario where you start off as a lone soldier in the army, in a fictional world at war. The main aim of the game is to rank your way up as you eventually gain control of more units.

While your not in the army you can try to build up a business trade empire in the city.

Or an idea i had on the second page would be 'Dumbo, about a group of elephants to escape from a circus train.

Scenarios I have made
Single Player-: CAMPAIGN - Christmas - Forest River RPG - Total Freedom
MultiPlayer-: Castle Blood Automatic - Mafia Hitman - Warrior Defence
ESO = sandstorm....................................................................................."I won the bet on 1.04!"
As_Saffah
Scenario Reviewer
posted 06-30-09 12:01 PM EDT (US)     127 / 197       
You could make a Robinson Crusoe map. You start out with a hero on a catamaran, and build an army and a navy in a Lost-style map where you must rescue or train a variety of increasingly strong units. You start out really weak, have to feed yourself and build a lean-to, trade for things from island villages, get attacked by sharks, marauding cannibals, and pirates. Eventually you have to build a signal fire to get a ride back to civilization from a passing British man-o-war. You and it come under fire from pirates or Spanish or somesuch. Or the local villagers think you will wake up an angry volcano god if you set fire on the island, and they attack you.

Crunkatog on ESO
Bart331 balance suggestion: aztec: remove civ
Voltiguer: Ender, Sioux in 1.04 will be a top civ, no matter how many layers of Sioux goggles you put on
schildpad on Elephants: ...their mansabdar unit sucks so hard it looks like a black hole
Crunkatog on Steam.

[This message has been edited by As_Saffah (edited 06-30-2009 @ 12:04 PM).]

RandomMuffin
Skirmisher
posted 06-30-09 06:47 PM EDT (US)     128 / 197       
Sounds really cool. I think I might go with that.

A Lost style adventure. Trapped on an island alone and need to build stuff, and et cetera. Meet the Spanish, find treasure. Sweet. =D

Thanks! ^^

ALTHOUGH. I was thinking something with Siberia too, but I'll consider that later.

Consider me now making scenarios! =D

Enjoyable experiences lead to enjoyable times at gaining experience.

If a vegetarian eats vegetables, what does a humanitarian eat?
BurningSushi460
Scenario Reviewer
posted 07-01-09 04:57 PM EDT (US)     129 / 197       
I have this pretty little map that I never got around to finishing or learning to add triggers to. This map has a Northeast Americas look with the east being woody and overlooking the Atlantic. A colony sits out on the east against the cape of the bay (it has walls you can actually walk on and attack enemies from). Trade routes run long ways across the whole map from the mountains to the north through the New England terrain to the west and finally down to the south. Only one colony was finished and the conspicuously empty spaces in the other cardinal direction were where other colonies were going to be. I'd like somebody to take a look at my map and see if they'd like to finish it with their own tastes in mind and turn it into a scenario. You can use it in the CSD Competition if you wish.

Actually it was originally called just Heaven, but then God sold the naming rights to Microsoft, so.... -GoForGoldenJarls

Astor: “Churchill, if you were my husband, I’d put poison in your coffee.”
Churchill: “Madam, if you were my wife, I’d drink it.”

[This message has been edited by BurningSushi460 (edited 07-01-2009 @ 05:04 PM).]

Mitoe
Skirmisher
posted 07-04-09 10:28 PM EDT (US)     130 / 197       
I have this pretty little map that I never got around to finishing or learning to add triggers to. This map has a Northeast Americas look with the east being woody and overlooking the Atlantic. A colony sits out on the east against the cape of the bay (it has walls you can actually walk on and attack enemies from). Trade routes run long ways across the whole map from the mountains to the north through the New England terrain to the west and finally down to the south. Only one colony was finished and the conspicuously empty spaces in the other cardinal direction were where other colonies were going to be. I'd like somebody to take a look at my map and see if they'd like to finish it with their own tastes in mind and turn it into a scenario. You can use it in the CSD Competition if you wish.
How did you make it possible to walk on the walls?

[This message has been edited by Mitoe (edited 07-04-2009 @ 10:29 PM).]

BurningSushi460
Scenario Reviewer
posted 07-07-09 06:14 PM EDT (US)     131 / 197       
Ummm, elevation, PROP Wooden Wall, SPC Port, and a lot of path blocks (I even added ramps up to the walls) The gate is the only destructable object I hope.

Actually it was originally called just Heaven, but then God sold the naming rights to Microsoft, so.... -GoForGoldenJarls

Astor: “Churchill, if you were my husband, I’d put poison in your coffee.”
Churchill: “Madam, if you were my wife, I’d drink it.”

[This message has been edited by BurningSushi460 (edited 07-07-2009 @ 06:16 PM).]

QWW123
Skirmisher
posted 07-13-09 04:09 PM EDT (US)     132 / 197       
My Older brother thought of this idea of there's gangs in a town and there's guards. The objective is to kill the other gangs and destroy the town and the guards. I'm going to try it soon.
KevTheGreat
Scenario Expert
posted 07-13-09 05:34 PM EDT (US)     133 / 197       
sounds like a hybrid of my scenario "Robbery" and Mister SCP's "Gang Warfare" :P. But gl.

AGE OF EMPIRES 3 USERNAME - KevTheGreat :::: DAWN OF WAR 2 USERNAME - KEVTHEGREATEST :::: STEAM USERNAME - 何健龍
Some of my aoe3 scenarios here,
Most Popular: The Race 2 4.7/5.0 Global Wars 4.4/5.0 The Great Colosseum 4.6/5.0 Arab Desert 4V2 3.9/5.0 The Race 4.2/5 Fort of War 3.9/5.0
don't click this?
Follow me on Twitter
我知廣東話, 你知唔知廣東話?? 如果你知 contact me !!

[This message has been edited by KevTheGreat (edited 07-13-2009 @ 05:35 PM).]

aoegeek
Skirmisher
posted 09-13-09 12:00 PM EDT (US)     134 / 197       
Can somebody make me a scenerio where you are in a huge city like a hc all the good things mills, plantations, houses, a town center, a milatary division, and fort walls around the city, and then a small division of an enemy forces outside the city trying to invade. And in this You(the human player) are the forces trying to invade and destroy the city.thanks to anyone who makes this for me. And how do you install the scenario after someone makes it for me?

The new GEEK who Rox
As_Saffah
Scenario Reviewer
posted 09-13-09 12:17 PM EDT (US)     135 / 197       
You'll find it more rewarding to do it yourself. You can't put HC buildings in it if you intend to play online, but if it's just for offline single player mode, you can install Twoq's HC Editor mod to get access to all the HC palaces, buildings, and embellishments. Just follow the instructions to install and uninstall. Open the Editor and search under Buildings, Nature, or Embellishment to see and place the new structures.

All scenarios are saved in My Documents/My Games/Age of Empires 3/Scenario and this is where your game looks to find scenarios when you set up a Single Player>Custom Scenario game.

Crunkatog on ESO
Voltiguer: Ender, Sioux in 1.04 will be a top civ, no matter how many layers of Sioux goggles you put on
schildpad on Elephants: ...their mansabdar unit sucks so hard it looks like a black hole
Crunkatog on Steam.
oliandsam
Skirmisher
posted 09-13-09 01:03 PM EDT (US)     136 / 197       
I am thinking about making a short video in the editor.

- want lots of interesting eye candy shots in it.
- will most likely use IGC units in it so am limited in main characters
-Would really like music or atleast sound affects that match on to the video.

but I:

- lack a good little story with maybe an interesting twist.

Any suggestions?

eso name: oliandsam
clan: some silly dutch one
"A single death is a tragedy. A million deaths is a statistic."
Sometimes I think war is God's way of teaching us geography. - Paul Rodriguez
aoegeek
Skirmisher
posted 09-13-09 08:37 PM EDT (US)     137 / 197       
ok ty but i wasnt talking about putting in HC buildings... But anyways could some body make me my scenario??

The new GEEK who Rox
As_Saffah
Scenario Reviewer
posted 09-14-09 09:52 AM EDT (US)     138 / 197       
Any suggestions?
How about an adventure story beginning with the mystery of Roanoke Island? You could have a ship sailing the tidewater area searching islands and tidewater towns for clues to the disappeared settlement. The surprise would be that they finally find the answer to their question. You decide what clues to leave along the way, and how to set up the final scene where they confirm their suspicions.

Some ideas:

--They were massacred by Natives
--They were massacred by the Spanish
--They surrendered to the Spanish and taken to Hispaniola
--They entreated Powhatan to support them over the winter, and became clients of the chief
--A hurricane washed away the sand spit on which the colony was built
--They couldn't grow tobacco in sand, so they pulled up stakes and relocated the entire community to the green slopes of the Appalachians
--Anything else that comes to mind!

Crunkatog on ESO
Crunkatog on Steam.
CR_Outlaw
Skirmisher
posted 09-15-09 11:45 AM EDT (US)     139 / 197       
How about more Lord of the Rings based maps? i mean the ones on AoE2 were brilliant and i played them for years. I would love to see more of them on AoE3!!!

I would attempt to make some myself but im still figuring out the inner workings of the scenario editor.

"Reach for the sky! This is a stick-up"
Tilanus Commodor
Skirmisher
posted 09-26-09 09:18 AM EDT (US)     140 / 197       

Hello well-respected ScenDesigners!

some of you might know my mod The Ancient Age (TAA) which has its setting - as the name suggests - in the ancient time. Besides units, buildings and technologies the mod needs custom maps of course. At the moment don't have any though, thus your help is more than welcome for us, it's absolutely needed and indispensable.

Sadly our only RM scripter retired from work due to real life issues, nonetheless we definitely need at least one who would replace him. More helpful scripters welcome of course! There are lots of maps which have to be done.

Here an overview about our map style:

- Defending animals (boars, elephants and other creatures will have an attack and fight back when attacked)
- Wolves, Bears and other creatures/outlaws who attack you on sight.
- Maps that play at night or have a day/night cycle
- Large water maps for sea battles
- replacement of animal guardians with human units
- occasionally local armies
- (Native) Trade post guardians
- Maps with a very special allocation of resources
- Sea trade routes
- Movement blocking forests (no bunches, but narrow pairs of trees)
- Challenging terrains (i.e. desert hitpoints decrease)
- different levels for native trade posts (settlements, minors, medium)
- at times fixed geographical local conditions (i.e. less randomization concerning water, resources and mountain appearance; should be easier)

Realism is the word of the hour, thus working after real drafts should be congenial to you.

The pool of maps is rather large (~22), but its realization would guarantee the maximum of variety. Most maps are located in Southern Europe, thus if you like the sunny flair don't hesitate and help us!

Important: In many cases you are allowed to use maps from RF_Gandalf as base for further changes. He gave us the permission to use them for TAA. =)

If you're interested please contanct me on ne.elpea.net or via mail: tilanuscommodor(at)gmx(dot)de

Thanks for your attention! =)

» The Ancient Age | Napoleonic Era «

» Modding is art! «
Mister SCP
Scenario Reviewer
posted 09-30-09 08:59 AM EDT (US)     141 / 197       
Is anyone interest on doing a community map (RPG,Minigames,Whatever )?

ESO2 Name:Sir_ConstantinESO Name:Sir_Pacman
Trigger Freak and Modder for AOE3

SCP Editor Tools---my map pack---Some incomplete stuff
My trigger Pack
oliandsam
Skirmisher
posted 09-30-09 10:58 AM EDT (US)     142 / 197       
I will try and lend a hand, Hmm what to do.

Mister SCP
Scenario Reviewer
posted 09-30-09 11:49 AM EDT (US)     143 / 197       
I thought of sth like this I had in mind Join The Creation of a Wonderfull RPG

So first we need to know how many people are willing to do this...second we need to know a genre (maybe including a good story)
I think it's a pretty good idea and so I want to give it a try +you need not endless time to finish a epic map

My trigger Pack

[This message has been edited by Mister SCP (edited 09-30-2009 @ 11:50 AM).]

As_Saffah
Scenario Reviewer
posted 09-30-09 02:09 PM EDT (US)     144 / 197       
I'm in.

I can do some mapwork, storyline/theme development, objective planning and testing, character balancing and testing, and environmental triggers as needed.

I really hope you are considering finishing up The Broken Empire. We both put a lot of work into that map and I would like to see it finished up.

As always, fantasy themes are the easiest genre to work with. You can use the fantasy theme to make the map more user-friendly, and fantasy gives you a lot of flexibility with terrain variety, unit choices, special abilities, objectives, rewards, and balance.

Replicating historical events and material props/environments is challenging and somewhat limits your options. That said, a good historical RPG will attract a lot of players who normally do not like RPG games. Some of the best historical RPGs have a small element of fantasy, sort of like a historical drama. They have a supremacy component, and a fixed-force adventure component.

Depending on the period of history, your heroes and unit selections will be limited. Your choice of historical events will determine the map size and variety of terrains: an RPG based around the Seven Years War will have mostly temperate forest terrains, an RPG based around Magellan's voyage will be a very large map with a wide variety of terrains and watertypes.

@Tilanus: I don't know but I think River_God still posts here and he is a whiz at intriguing new RMS with unique terrain challenges and victory conditions. Also see if Johnny Deppig is still around. Those two guys, along with Gandalf, have a lot of added value to their maps that make them unique and stand out.

Crunkatog on ESO
Crunkatog on Steam.

[This message has been edited by As_Saffah (edited 09-30-2009 @ 02:22 PM).]

Mister SCP
Scenario Reviewer
posted 09-30-09 02:52 PM EDT (US)     145 / 197       
I'm in.

I can do some mapwork, storyline/theme development, objective planning and testing, character balancing and testing, and environmental triggers as needed.
I really hope you are considering finishing up The Broken Empire. We both put a lot of work into that map and I would like to see it finished up.
No I started a new scenario (Minigames, where two minigames are finished (in playability) at the moment, a third one is triggerless, planed were/are a minimum of 10 games). And for Broken Empire... I tried it again but my lagg of imagination to design chinese continent keep me again back unluckily.

I think a fantasy event would better fit since we arent all historic freaks like you. Most times if you tell people some historic stuff about there scenarios I ask myself what I ve learned in school.

I had in mind that we make some lines throught the maps so we get ca 25 parts (fields). And we have aswell a list of people which want help on the project so the scenario goes 2(-3)days to the one who is on the top of the list and he can work on one of the fields. If he finished he can reenter the list and work after a few days on another field.

Now let's talk about the mapsize:
RPG (my thoughts) between 500x500-650x650
Minigames: (we also can work on the minigame map I ve started since there is a lot of green ) either like cube size or 400x400-500x500 for get a own field per game

My trigger Pack
Green_Chile
Skirmisher
posted 10-04-09 07:16 PM EDT (US)     146 / 197       
I have two requests: do a scenario like the Delhi one in TAD (Nanib and co. sneak around city, opening routes with riderless elephants and rescuing military units), and DON"T USE THE BLACK FAMILY OR THE CIRCLE OF OSSUS!
oliandsam
Skirmisher
posted 10-10-09 08:07 PM EDT (US)     147 / 197       
I like mister spc Idea. we all do small parts of the maps.

[This message has been edited by oliandsam (edited 10-10-2009 @ 08:10 PM).]

Fekseko
Skirmisher
posted 10-17-09 02:13 PM EDT (US)     148 / 197       
I've had this Idea for a while now, it would kind of be an RPG. Basically it would be in the setting of colonial America after the revolution, the government would try to take over and make a dictatorship. Then, from survivors they make an underground resistance and plot to overthrow the government which they do but at the end the 'hero' or leader is assassinated. I wish I knew how do design better guess I should go start!

"How can you protect America from the people if America is the people?"
'Can't you see their bodies burning, desperate and full of yearning, dying from anticipation, choking on intoxication.' -Serj Tankian 'Empty Walls'
DUTCH BUDDHA
Skirmisher
posted 12-14-09 06:52 AM EDT (US)     149 / 197       
can som one help me whit a ferry big map biggest ther is out ther and the mod/script/trigger that the next map whil auto load if u finish the one befor so like a sort of campaine

i know some one have don this befor budt that was long time a go and i candt findt that map pack/mission ...
Dinoleaf
Skirmisher
posted 03-22-10 09:00 PM EDT (US)     150 / 197       
I can just place an request here?

I'd love to have a huge town. I've been trying to make one myself for like 2 months now, I know what I want but I can't seem to put it on the map.
Inspiration is really letting me down with this game...
« Previous Page  1 ··· 4 5 6 7 8  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames