You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by MosheLevi, Mister SCP

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.197 replies, Sticky
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Custom Scenarios: Ideas and Requests
Bottom
Topic Subject:Custom Scenarios: Ideas and Requests
« Previous Page  1 ··· 5 6 7 8  Next Page »
MosheLevi
Scenario Contest Winner
posted 09-04-07 06:06 PM EDT (US)         

The purpose of this thread is for forumers to bring up new ideas and special requests for Custom Scenarios (single player and/or Online multiplayer).

If you have a good idea for a scenario that you cannot do yourself but you would like it to be done by another scenarios designer then you are welcome to mention your idea in this thread.

Special requests for any kind of game type or scenario set up are welcome too.

The scenario designers would like to know what kind of scenarios the community wants to play Online or in Single Player, so this is your opportunity to let them know about your preference.

If you are asking for a game type from AOC or AOM then please give us as much details as possible and even a link to one of those scenarios so we can check them out.

Scenario designers are also welcome to use this thread to share their ideas for new scenarios and collaborate with other scenario designers.

Please refrain yourself from criticizing other people’s ideas and keep your comments constructive.

Thank you,

Moshe Levi

[This message has been edited by MosheLevi (edited 09-05-2007 @ 12:33 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Teutonic Twit
Scenario Reviewer
posted 03-22-10 11:31 PM EDT (US)     151 / 197       
Check out "Lance City" in the download section. It's a large city. There are others, use the search feature to find more.
Dinoleaf
Skirmisher
posted 03-23-10 01:42 AM EDT (US)     152 / 197       
Thnx, I'll check it out
Killinstinct
Skirmisher
posted 08-11-10 02:11 PM EDT (US)     153 / 197       
In Company of Heroes you have a map where you have to defend a city (1-4 players). You can also capture buildings for extra things (like a church for healing etc). It would be great if someone can make such a scenario. You also have to unlock units before you can buy them. If you kill units you will get more recourses. I dont know exactly the name of it.

It would be great to have something like this in AOE3

I have made a city myself, but I'm really bad in making triggers effect and an AI. Maybe someone can help me ?

TIA
Mister SCP
Scenario Reviewer
posted 08-12-10 10:38 AM EDT (US)     154 / 197       
In Company of Heroes you have a map where you have to defend a city (1-4 players). You can also capture buildings for extra things (like a church for healing etc). It would be great if someone can make such a scenario. You also have to unlock units before you can buy them. If you kill units you will get more recourses. I dont know exactly the name of it.

It would be great to have something like this in AOE3

I have made a city myself, but I'm really bad in making triggers effect and an AI. Maybe someone can help me ?
1.It is called Operation Stonewall, I ve also made a town and some basic triggers but no waves yet (+instructions)
2.I don't know how much time i will neeed to finish it since I might want to add mine to a mod to configure barracks,get new units (flamethrower units (from DoTN) and abilities (medic packs,...,aom ones hopefully i can convert some of the cool codes like tornado and earthquake and meteor) i have get some of the easier to work as ragnarok and nidhogg (chaos didnt worked,...). I also try to enable some of the aom units if i can get that close.

@triggers: I can offer you SOME help
@AI: you cant use AI... use army deploy and move effects/work effects...

ESO2 Name:Sir_ConstantinESO Name:Sir_Pacman
Trigger Freak and Modder for AOE3

SCP Editor Tools---my map pack---Some incomplete stuff
My trigger Pack
sufjanfan
Skirmisher
posted 08-12-10 01:05 PM EDT (US)     155 / 197       
You can use an AI, you just need to copy aiMain and make a new AI that suits the scenario. It would be very difficult though.
As_Saffah
Scenario Reviewer
posted 08-12-10 02:31 PM EDT (US)     156 / 197       
You can also use the trigger effects "AIComms ..." to instruct the AI to specifically focus on making particular units, controlling trading posts, defend/control a specific location on the map, and build docks/ships.

Crunkatog on ESO
Bart331 balance suggestion: aztec: remove civ
Voltiguer: Ender, Sioux in 1.04 will be a top civ, no matter how many layers of Sioux goggles you put on
schildpad on Elephants: ...their mansabdar unit sucks so hard it looks like a black hole
Crunkatog on Steam.
Mister SCP
Scenario Reviewer
posted 08-12-10 04:41 PM EDT (US)     157 / 197       
the point is you ve got spawn points for enemy units which you fight against. The enemy has NO eco he just spawns units and move em to destroy your units,structures (also captured ones) in coh there are 4or 5 roads and you get the information where the wave(s) come from.. This direction(s) (e.g. south) have to be defended.

And this AI would only have the task to move the units

My trigger Pack
Killinstinct
Skirmisher
posted 08-15-10 11:47 AM EDT (US)     158 / 197       
Let me know if you finished your city, I would like to play it

I have a problem with a triggereffect. How can you create a coin trickle if a unit walks into a certain area. This is what I have:
Trigger: active, loop
Condition:
-Units in area
center unit is dynamite that I placed on the ground
player 1
type minuteman
radius 5
operator (???) ==
count 1
Effect:
1.Set tech status
HCXPCapitalism active
2. Damage unit area
center unit is dynamite
player 1
unit minuteman
radius 5
damage 5000

But it doesn't work, also with creating a unit it doesn't work. Is it possible to have more trickles? (so u get for instance 2c p/s instead of 1c p/s)
Yuttho
Scenario Expert
posted 08-15-10 02:14 PM EDT (US)     159 / 197       
use a cinematic block instead? the dynamite probably expired

Creator of The Great War Campaign
Mister SCP
Scenario Reviewer
posted 08-15-10 04:44 PM EDT (US)     160 / 197       
I have a problem with a triggereffect. How can you create a coin trickle if a unit walks into a certain area. This is what I have:
Trigger: active, loop
Condition:
-Units in area
center unit is dynamite that I placed on the ground
player 1
type minuteman
radius 5
operator (???) ==
count 1
Effect:
1.Set tech status
HCXPCapitalism active
2. Damage unit area
center unit is dynamite
player 1
unit minuteman
radius 5
damage 5000
You may choose a cinematic block instead (is invisibe) as center unit
Operator may be >= (means more as one unit or equal to one unit)
3.Set Tech status will permantly increase trickle rate (if 200 secs sb is in the circle you will have like 2000 activate) I suggest using grant resources + a timer
4.dont use dynamite as cenater unit for your effect

if creating unit does not work use armies (unit create multi is also a bit tricky thought)

My trigger Pack
Tilanus Commodor
Skirmisher
posted 09-25-10 01:07 AM EDT (US)     161 / 197       

Napoleonic Era RM Request

You can script a random map for us and if it's good enough, we will include the map into NE with your credits and work out the new minors for your map completely!

We prepared a lil' keyword pool for you to choose from:

The 4 possible maps are Finland (Finns), Gibraltar (Barbary States), South Africa (Zulu) and Denmark (Danes).

For further information click [here].

We'd greatly appreciate it if AoE3H Scripters would help us out in the finale phase!
scragins
Heretic of December
posted 10-21-10 09:16 AM EDT (US)     162 / 197       
Sorry if someone has already posted this but what about a defend your town i would be happy to make this but i would like to know if this has already been done and if you drag your scenario into the Random map it would be just the same to play , as it would be in the scenario file but you could use your own Home cities?
admiral526
Skirmisher
posted 10-22-10 03:16 AM EDT (US)     163 / 197       
Guys, what do you think about a scenario where you control conquistadors (Spanish) and you need to defeat Incan tribes deep in Andes? I would love to see something like that.

What am I doing in AoE3?
Training a great Prussian army that will soon conquer the America, all of them lead by my mighty hand.

[This message has been edited by admiral526 (edited 10-22-2010 @ 03:17 AM).]

QWW123
Skirmisher
posted 10-22-10 09:52 AM EDT (US)     164 / 197       
That would be an interesting idea. But I think it's been done before.

[This message has been edited by QWW123 (edited 10-22-2010 @ 09:52 AM).]

admiral526
Skirmisher
posted 10-22-10 04:10 PM EDT (US)     165 / 197       
If it is already done, where can I find it?

What am I doing in AoE3?
Training a great Prussian army that will soon conquer the America, all of them lead by my mighty hand.
QWW123
Skirmisher
posted 10-23-10 07:35 PM EDT (US)     166 / 197       
Guess it hasn't been done. Lol my bad sorry. The only thing that has been done is my scenario that has unfortunately been glitched but it isn't exactly like that idea.
scragins
Heretic of December
posted 10-24-10 00:21 AM EDT (US)     167 / 197       
So does that mean no one has made defend your town for AOE3?
QWW123
Skirmisher
posted 10-24-10 12:04 PM EDT (US)     168 / 197       
Umm... just to say there likes 5 billion of those.
admiral526
Skirmisher
posted 10-29-10 09:16 AM EDT (US)     169 / 197       
##WARNING!##
I HAVE AN IDEA!

What do you think of a scenario, rebbellion. Where your village rebels against one large city and than you need to lead the village to crush that city. There can be more villages arround you can stimulate to rebel and join you.

Is it a good idea?

What am I doing in AoE3?
QWW123
Skirmisher
posted 10-29-10 10:03 AM EDT (US)     170 / 197       
That sounds fun but there has been one done almost like that.
admiral526
Skirmisher
posted 10-30-10 03:52 AM EDT (US)     171 / 197       
Again? Oh my god...

What am I doing in AoE3?
QWW123
Skirmisher
posted 10-30-10 05:00 PM EDT (US)     172 / 197       
The scenario is called "River Crossing." It's almost the same.

[This message has been edited by QWW123 (edited 10-30-2010 @ 05:01 PM).]

c9220
Skirmisher
posted 11-04-10 08:00 PM EDT (US)     173 / 197       
-Sorry wrong thread-

[This message has been edited by c9220 (edited 11-04-2010 @ 08:01 PM).]

Tilanus Commodor
Skirmisher
posted 11-11-10 06:49 PM EDT (US)     174 / 197       
Is there anyone out willing to do one of the maps for NE? (see below/scroll down)

They're badly needed for the final!

You'll get all the infos you need, we just need someone with RM skill!

Tilanus

» The Ancient Age | Napoleonic Era «

» Modding is art! «
PearsonF
Skirmisher
posted 01-25-11 02:57 AM EDT (US)     175 / 197       
Hey Guys,

I have 2 scenarios that are pratically done, but i need help on a few triggers for both of them, if you are willing to finish both of them for me than perfect

The first 1 is Called "Redemption", somewhere among these threads in the scenario design section, you will find a thread where i talk all about it, im not sure but I think that thread is Called, New Scenario but im not sure
EDIT: heres the link with the scenario i describe it here: http://aoe3.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=12,38111,,all

My second scenario is Called Graveyard Wars, you have to kill the enemy and hold the tower in the middle to win.

Both Scenarios are for online play.

Thank you

Agentpopcorn

Dont ask for my Location I wont give it out!
"Dude: I would like to make a scenario.
Me: Ok, do you know how to use triggers?
Dude: What are triggers?
Me: ok i gtg"
Agentpopcorn

[This message has been edited by PearsonF (edited 01-25-2011 @ 03:02 AM).]

« Previous Page  1 ··· 5 6 7 8  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames