You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by MosheLevi, Mister SCP

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.847 replies, Sticky
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Have a Trigger Request? Post it here!
Bottom
Topic Subject:Have a Trigger Request? Post it here!
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 18 19 20 21 22 ··· 30 ··· 34  Next Page »
Mister SCP
Scenario Reviewer
posted 05-22-09 02:11 AM EDT (US)         
So you have a trigger request?

You can post it here!

------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------

Hello and welcome to the Trigger Request Thread (TRT). This thread's purpose is only to place trigger requests and discuss them.

------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------

Before posting your request, it's always good to read the so-called FAQ.

How do I install a trigger?

When we have finished making your trigger, we'll post the required code here. To install this code you will first of all need to find your way to the AOEž installation folder. C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires3 by default).
    Now open the trigger folder if you use vanilla -trigger1, if you use TWC -trigger2, and finally if you use TAD go to -trigger3.
    Next, open the file called typetest.xml. The only thing left to do is copy the code at the right position and save. If you requested a condition, then place the line above ,
    if you requested an effect paste it right above . Note the "s" at the end of both tags.

Notes:

• When copying the trigger from someone please click first and only then copy the required code.

• If you're still uncomfortable with installing triggers please backup the original typetest file, i.e. copy the original to another folder.

How do I uninstall a trigger?
    If a trigger happens to be faulty or if it generates errors you better remove it. Just do as if you were installing a new trigger, but instead of copy-pasting new code, remove the code corresponding with the chosen trigger. Make sure to remove it completely, including the starting < effect > or < condition > tag and the corresponding < /effect > or < /condition > closing tag. Failure to do so properly will cause XML errors in the file making ALL triggers in that file inaccessbile for AoM.

Help! My triggers have stopped working! If this doesnt help you can send an email including your scenario to mister.scp@gmail.com.

Recommended Downloads:
    -Advanced Trigger Set
    -My Trigger Set
    -Gunner`s Trigger Set
    -Random22`s Trigger Set
    -Hedanito`s Trigger Set
    -Kolt`S Trigger Set
    -SH Trigger
    -M925's Trigger Set

Posting a Request

So you have read the FAQ and want to post a request? OK, go for it, just be sure to use the following format:

Name - This should be as straightforward as possible. Try to comply with today's standards.Description - Always describe the actions that you want the trigger to perform. An example can be a great help when requesting complex triggers.

[b]Name[/b]
    [b]Description[/b]
    [b]Params[/b]
    (A List of Params. If you are pretty nice you set them in the context with your request.)

Unfinished Requests

-a lot

Finished Requests
    -even more (list isnt up to date)

Not Possible:
    -Fixing Modify Protounit
    -Fixing Chat Contain
    -Change name of the protounit which affect also the name when you train it
    Additional: XS - Basics (mostly based on pftq's guide for XS - Effects + Conditions)

XS - Triggers are a bit different from other triggers, since they use strings instead for e.g. PlayerID, Unit Select...
    The key highlight of these effects/conditions is to allow Unit Selections to be specified by number or QV. This makes great use of the effects which set QV to an OBJECT ID and opens up a whole new world of possibilites.

This includes all original and new effects/conditions with ALL appliable fields set to use ANY form of data, including but not limited to:
  • -- Quest Var Code: enter trQuestVarGet("QVNAME")
  • -- Player Stats: enter trGetStatValue(PLAYER, STATID_NUMBER) e.g. trGetStatValue(1, 2)-> count "Enemy Units Killed" for Player 1
  • -- Math Operations: (5*PlayerStat) ...allowed are + - * / as Math Operations
  • -- Any XS Code: (just open the typetest.xml and start digging!)

typical strings: (strings with * have additional informations on the bottom)
  • Amount (of resources), Radius, Headings, Duration, Damage Percent, Count (e.g. in Army Deploy), Rate (e.g. of Construction), Value
  • the table of PlayerID┤s is a string
  • Operators* (don't use any numbers for them!)
  • Center Unit OBJECT ID/Source Unit OBJECT ID/Target Unit OBJECT ID **
  • Unit Type ID /ProtounitID ***

• *Operators you can use are:
    == equal to
    >= equal to or higher
    <= equal to or lower
    > higher
    < lower
    != is not equal to

• **The Unit Selections require an OBJECT ID. This is NOT the same as a NAME ID (like in Reyk's triggers). To find an OBJECT ID, use the supplied "QV Set.. OBJECT ID" effects OR select a unit and open the "Object Info" window. Open the Object Debug Info Window if you are using Age of Empires III and the ID is not readily available in the "Object Info".

The first amount show you the Unit ID, every unit have a unique one. The third amount show you the Unit Type ID/ Protounit ID. Every MercJaeger have the ProtounitID -387-. Note that you can select ALL Units with Unit ID's but not even all with Protounit ID like cinematic blocks.

1. ***TO USE NAME IDS: If you have the Name ID of a unit, you can convert it to OBJECT ID by using the kbGetBlockID("") function.
    2. ***For string (text) IDs, example: kbGetBlockID("ThisIsMyUnit")
    3. ***For QV, example: kbGetBlockID(""+trQuestVarGet("ThisIsMyQV"))
    4. ***For # NAME ID, example: kbGetBlockID("NUMBER")
      *** Generally, you can use kbGetBlockID(""+ID) for all, except text. As said above, enclose the text entirely with the quotes.

~MisterSCP

ESO2 Name:Sir_ConstantinESO Name:Sir_Pacman
Trigger Freak and Modder for AOE3

SCP Editor Tools---my map pack---Some incomplete stuff
My trigger Pack

[This message has been edited by Mister SCP (edited 08-21-2011 @ 03:07 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
Pegasus77
Skirmisher
posted 03-05-11 05:53 PM EDT (US)     476 / 847       
No i cant. "Modify all protounits" add the new value of speed to the old one. So, if I put a 1 and a unit has a speed of 5, the unit finally has a speed of 6. But I need a trigger that SET the speed to a special number (for example 1).
btw didnt you said you'll leave us to play WoW?

Pegasus77; RPG, Minigame and Cats n Mice Scenario Designer for AoE3 TAD
~~My Homepage~~P77 cats and mice~~
Labyrinth2
musketeer925
Skirmisher
posted 03-05-11 06:36 PM EDT (US)     477 / 847       
This Change Name QV shouldn't show the decimals:

<Effect name="Change Name QV">
<Param name="SrcObject" dispName="$$21279$$Units" varType="unit">default</Param>
<Param name="NewName" dispName="$$22365$$Name" varType="stringid">Text Before</Param>
<Param name="QV" dispName="Quest Var" varType="string">QV1</Param>
<Param name="NewName2" dispName="$$22365$$Name" varType="stringid">Text After</Param>
<Command>trUnitSelectClear();</Command>
<Command loop="" loopParm="SrcObject">trUnitSelect("%SrcObject%");</Command>
<Command>trUnitChangeName("%NewName%"+1*trQuestVarGet("%QV%")+"%NewName2%");</Command>
</Effect>

[This message has been edited by musketeer925 (edited 03-06-2011 @ 03:39 PM).]

maxulino
Skirmisher
posted 03-05-11 09:18 PM EDT (US)     478 / 847       
you dont understand I said I had a problem and needed to re buy the game and I actually buyed it today but I am playing WoW too now
Mister SCP
Scenario Reviewer
posted 03-06-11 02:23 PM EDT (US)     479 / 847       
musk: I bet you didnt tested it

->there is not trQuestVarGet or QVGet in your last creation

My trigger Pack
musketeer925
Skirmisher
posted 03-06-11 03:38 PM EDT (US)     480 / 847       
*Hits head repeatedly on desk*

I ignored the best advice you ever gave me:
"trQuestVarGet is your friend."

Anyway, fixed.

[This message has been edited by musketeer925 (edited 03-06-2011 @ 03:39 PM).]

Pegasus77
Skirmisher
posted 03-09-11 07:59 AM EDT (US)     481 / 847       
What do you think SCP, is these "Set speed for all units" possible? Like the effect "Set costs for all units"
I really need it for my newest scenario, because I won't modify the speed of each unit, that takes forever :P

Labyrinth2
Mister SCP
Scenario Reviewer
posted 03-09-11 10:18 AM EDT (US)     482 / 847       
no it is not.
however: If someone makes an array where each unit has the speed as integer it should be possible

(position = unitid)
(amount = speed)

My trigger Pack

[This message has been edited by Mister SCP (edited 03-09-2011 @ 10:22 AM).]

maxulino
Skirmisher
posted 03-09-11 08:05 PM EDT (US)     483 / 847       
Mister SCP I have two questions:

1. It is possible to make an overlay text effect that is a different colur instead of yellow?
2. I dont get it why isnt possible to repair the buggy triggers of aoe3 shouldnt you just correct the error that is located in it?
musketeer925
Skirmisher
posted 03-09-11 08:40 PM EDT (US)     484 / 847       
You cannot change the color of Overlay Text.

You cannot fix buggy triggers because we are limited to the commands that are hardcoded into the .exe [execution] file. We cannot edit the .exe file.

And I'm on the speed one! Well, I made the set speed trigger. But it was so big, it crashed AoE on startup.

[This message has been edited by musketeer925 (edited 03-09-2011 @ 10:02 PM).]

Mister SCP
Scenario Reviewer
posted 03-10-11 00:25 AM EDT (US)     485 / 847       
musk could you split them into 2 or 3 triggers? Could you give me the code (e-mail)

@ maxulino: still had no success in reproducing the bugs (convert gaia unit, change gaia unit, create gaia unit ;( ).

If one of these things dont works in your scenario you can contact me and I'll tell you how to continue (password-to protect your scenario or no sp support at all (you can then only change the orginal)

My trigger Pack

[This message has been edited by Mister SCP (edited 03-10-2011 @ 02:44 PM).]

musketeer925
Skirmisher
posted 03-10-11 02:42 PM EDT (US)     486 / 847       
I'm going to work with it some more today, then you can have it.
hater
Skirmisher
posted 03-12-11 01:51 AM EDT (US)     487 / 847       
New teleport trigger: Teleport Units in area.
So i can choose the area that teleports everything that comes there to the point (area) i want to.
Mister SCP
Scenario Reviewer
posted 03-12-11 05:32 AM EDT (US)     488 / 847       

<Effect name="Teleport Units in Area (Center Unit)">
<Param name="Object" dispName="Center Unit" varType="unit">default</Param>
<Param name="Dst" dispName="Radius" varType="string">10.0</Param>
<Param name="UnitId" dispName="Unit Type ID (Optional)" varType="string">-1</Param>
<Param name="FromPlayer" dispName="From Player or 99 for ALL" varType="string">99</Param>
<Param name="Area" dispName="" varType="area">0, 0, 0</Param>
<Param name="Booler" dispName="Include Center Unit" varType="bool">false</Param>
<Param name="position" dispName="Retain Unit Positions" varType="bool">false</Param>
<Command>trQuestVarSet("convarea", 0);</Command>
<Command>trQuestVarSet("ffweho",0);</Command>
<Command>if(%FromPlayer%!=99) trQuestVarSet("vroom", %FromPlayer%);</Command>
<Command>trQuestVarSet("warthog", 0);</Command>
<Command>trQuestVarSet("zeep", 0);</Command>
<Command>if(%UnitId%>=0) {</Command>
<Command>trQuestVarSet("zeep", %UnitId%);</Command>
<Command>}</Command>
<Command>if(0>%UnitId%) {</Command>
<Command>while(kbGetUnitTypeName(trQuestVarGet("zeep"))!="All") {</Command>
<Command>trQuestVarSet("zeep", trQuestVarGet("zeep")+1);</Command>
<Command>}}</Command>
<Command>trQuestVarSet("lastpl", xsGetContextPlayer());</Command>
<Command>if(%FromPlayer%!=99) trQuestVarSet("blarg",%FromPlayer%);</Command>
<Command>if(%FromPlayer%==99) {</Command>
<Command>trQuestVarSet("blarg",0);</Command>
<Command>trQuestVarSet("vroom",12);</Command>
<Command>}</Command>
<Command>trQuestVarSet("i",trQuestVarGet("blarg"));</Command>
<Command>while(trQuestVarGet("vroom")>=trQuestVarGet("i")) {</Command>
<Command>xsSetContextPlayer(trQuestVarGet("i"));</Command>
<Command>kbLookAtAllUnitsOnMap();</Command>
<Command>trQuestVarSet("convarea", kbUnitQueryCreate("convarea"));</Command>
<Command>kbUnitQuerySetPlayerID(trQuestVarGet("convarea"), trQuestVarGet("i"));</Command>
<Command>kbUnitQuerySetUnitType(trQuestVarGet("convarea"), trQuestVarGet("zeep"));</Command>
<Command>kbUnitQuerySetPosition(trQuestVarGet("convarea"), kbGetBlockPosition(""+1*%Object%));</Command>
<Command>kbUnitQuerySetMaximumDistance(trQuestVarGet("convarea"), %Dst%);</Command>
<Command>kbUnitQuerySetAscendingSort(trQuestVarGet("convarea"), true);</Command>
<Command>kbUnitQueryResetResults(trQuestVarGet("convarea"));</Command>
<Command>trQuestVarSet("warthog", kbUnitQueryExecute(trQuestVarGet("convarea")));</Command>
<Command>while(trQuestVarGet("warthog")>0) {</Command>
<Command>trQuestVarSet("warthog", trQuestVarGet("warthog")-1);</Command>
<Command>trQuestVarSet("ffweho", kbUnitQueryGetResult(trQuestVarGet("convarea"), trQuestVarGet("warthog")));</Command>
<Command>trQuestVarSet("ffweho2", trQuestVarGet("ffweho"));</Command>
<Command>if(%Booler%==true) {</Command>
<Command>if(trQuestVarGet("ffweho2")==kbGetBlockID(""+1*%Object%)) {trQuestVarSet("ffweho2", trQuestVarGet("ffweho")+1);}}</Command>
<Command>if(trQuestVarGet("ffweho2")!=kbGetBlockID(""+1*%Object%)) {</Command>
<Command>trUnitSelectClear();</Command>
<Command>trUnitSelectByID(1*trQuestVarGet("ffweho"));</Command>
<Command>trQuestVarSet("oiwghogwhywhlocx", xsVectorGetX(vector(%Area%)));</Command>
<Command>if(%position%==true) trQuestVarSet("oiwghogwhywhlocx", xsVectorGetX(vector(%Area%))- (xsVectorGetX(kbGetBlockPosition(""+1*%Object%))-xsVectorGetX(kbUnitGetPosition(1*trQuestVarGet("ffweho")))));</Command>
<Command>trQuestVarSet("oiwghogwhywhlocz", xsVectorGetZ(vector(%Area%)));</Command>
<Command>if(%position%==true) trQuestVarSet("oiwghogwhywhlocz", xsVectorGetZ(vector(%Area%))- (xsVectorGetZ(kbGetBlockPosition(""+1*%Object%))-xsVectorGetZ(kbUnitGetPosition(1*trQuestVarGet("ffweho")))));</Command>
<Command>trUnitTeleport(1*trQuestVarGet("oiwghogwhywhlocx"), xsVectorGetY(vector(%Area%)), 1*trQuestVarGet("oiwghogwhywhlocz"));</Command>
<Command>}}</Command>
<Command>trQuestVarSet("i", trQuestVarGet("i")+1);}</Command>
<Command>xsSetContextPlayer(trQuestVarGet("lastpl"));</Command>
</Effect>

unit ID =-1 ->teleports everything

in case you wanna have units and groups name you can use
teleport units in area (simple) *TL* which requires Typeloader to be used once before (both can be found in Consti's Triggerpack). For player range you can use
Teleport Units in Area Player Range *TL*
which is based on the other one from Const's Triggerpack.

Notice the *TL*? It means these triggers need typeloader to be used once before (recommend is first trigger you create)

My trigger Pack

[This message has been edited by Mister SCP (edited 03-12-2011 @ 05:37 AM).]

Pegasus77
Skirmisher
posted 03-19-11 01:18 PM EDT (US)     489 / 847       
Hey guys, is there any way to tribute ALL resources or get the number of all res.?
btw, does anyone still work on my speedtrigger yet?

Labyrinth2
musketeer925
Skirmisher
posted 03-19-11 02:11 PM EDT (US)     490 / 847       
Oops... I forgot to upload that anywhere. :|

It is now here: http://m925studios.webs.com/setspeedtrigger.zip

It included both 'Set Speed for All' and 'Set Speed for Units'.

The All trigger effects everything -- buildings, projectiles, embellishment, etc.

The units is just units, of course.
Mister SCP
Scenario Reviewer
posted 03-19-11 03:53 PM EDT (US)     491 / 847       
Hey guys, is there any way to tribute ALL resources or get the number of all res.?
Yes, it is
Clear all resources is used in my latest scenario (in case you dont want to spend them to another player). else i could make another solution

Reset Resources (could be used at the start of scenario to avoid resource editing). It's a typeloader module means with some scriping knowledge you could also add it to typeloader (Command tags,...)

Use:
Typeloader Test Start:
Copy and Paste these lines

void ResetResource (int pl=1){
trPlayerGrantResources(pl, "food",-1*trPlayerResourceCount(pl, "food"));
trPlayerGrantResources(pl, "wood",-1*trPlayerResourceCount(pl, "wood"));
trPlayerGrantResources(pl, "gold",-1*trPlayerResourceCount(pl, "gold"));
}
Typeloader Tester End

Make another trigger (need chronological made after the Typeloader tester thing).

Make another Trigger
To use this command you have to use XS User Code:
Type in:
ResetResource(YourPlayer);

get the total number of all resources:

<Effect name="QV Set Resource Count">
<Param name="Objects" dispName="QVName" VarType="string">QV1</Param>
<Param name="PlayerID" dispName="$$22301$$Player" varType="string">1</Param>
<Command>for(resx=0;>1){}</Command>
<Command>resx=resx+trPlayerResourceCount(%PlayerID%, "food");</Command>
<Command>resx=resx+trPlayerResourceCount(%PlayerID%, "wood");</Command>
<Command>resx=resx+trPlayerResourceCount(%PlayerID%, "gold");</Command>
<Command>trQuestVarSet("%Objects%", resx);</Command>
</Effect>

My trigger Pack

[This message has been edited by Mister SCP (edited 03-19-2011 @ 04:05 PM).]

Eurotool
Hero
posted 03-29-11 11:18 PM EDT (US)     492 / 847       
I was comparing your AoE3 QV resource count trigger with the AoM one... (it's not the same !)

<Condition name="QV Set Resource Count">
<Param name="PlayerID" dispName="$$22301$$Player" VarType="player">1</Param>
<Param name="Resource" dispName="$$22324$$Resource" VarType="resource">food</Param>
<Param name="QVName" dispName="$$23952$$Var Name" VarType="string">QV1</Param>
<Command>trQuestVarSet("%QVName%", trPlayerResourceCount(%PlayerID%, "%Resource%"));</Command>
</Condition>

So why would you make all those extra commands, but you could have put them in one line... also there would be bug if he wants to do a comparison between two different playes, because of the QV...

So I guess your "Objects" param is in fact the QV...
I would only have put those:

<Command>trQuestVarSet("%QVName%", "trPlayerResourceCount(%PlayerID%, "Wood")+trPlayerResourceCount(%PlayerID%, "Food")+trPlayerResourceCount(%PlayerID%, "Gold")");</Command>

Well I don't know if I had to put the quotes at each side the QV value, but it seemed logical for an arithmetic suite

Mister SCP
Scenario Reviewer
posted 03-30-11 08:49 AM EDT (US)     493 / 847       
The result is the same if I need an overview about players resources isnt it?

And I like to keep things simple so I dont want to scroll from left to right in notepad. It doesnt matter anyway

My trigger Pack
Eurotool
Hero
posted 03-30-11 06:59 PM EDT (US)     494 / 847       
Well yeah because you can set your var as you want... but as I will say () at my last paragraph, there must be sone way to autoset a var that can be different by the player number...
I dont want to scroll from left to right in notepad

Also your trigger works perfectly in AoM

So I understand that you don't need a command before setting your XML var... but could you explain me what this line stands for ? Do we must have it before setting a var ?

Also if I want my player number to be in that var, do resx%PlayerID% would work ? I know a lot of thing from Batch and Basic, but I find that XML is just a bit more complicated... it includes even more special characters, but of course it's even more flexible

[This message has been edited by Eurotool (edited 03-30-2011 @ 07:41 PM).]

musketeer925
Skirmisher
posted 03-30-11 08:19 PM EDT (US)     495 / 847       
Mister SCP
Scenario Reviewer
posted 03-31-11 10:07 AM EDT (US)     496 / 847       
So I understand that you don't need a command before setting your XML var... but could you explain me what this line stands for ? Do we must have it before setting a var ?

for(resx=0;>1){}

Also if I want my player number to be in that var, do resx%PlayerID% would work ? I know a lot of thing from Batch and Basic, but I find that XML is just a bit more complicated... it includes even more special characters, but of course it's even more flexible

Some basics:
There are local and global variables
local variables are declared with
for(resx=0;>1){}
int resx=0;
float resx=0;

Int resx and for(resx=0;>1){} are the same but the
int command makes a trigger lock if i define the
variable twice in a trigger. These variables are stored just in the trigger thats the reason they are local. Global variables are defined in my typeloader trigger like
tla or tlb. I can just put tla=2; and dont need to redefine the variable. (that's lazyness + helpfull since you dont need eyerywhere QV's and can keep things small).

Global things are be:
QV's
Arrays
and can be Variables (no strings->we store them in arrays :P )

About the sequence at all- it was taken from

<Effect name="AS Resource Counter">
<Param name="Objects" dispName="Number of All Resources" VarType="float">10</Param>
<Command>for(la=8;>=0){</Command>
<Command>resx=resx+trPlayerResourceCount(pla, "food");</Command>
<Command>resx=resx+trPlayerResourceCount(pla, "wood");</Command>
<Command>resx=resx+trPlayerResourceCount(pla, "gold");</Command>
<Command>}</Command>
<Command>if (resx!= %Objects%) {</Command>
<Command>trEndGame();</Command>
<Command>trChatSendSpoofed(1, "This file was edited by a noob");</Command>
<Command>}</Command>
</Effect>

finally here is a your form in a good readable form

<Condition name="QV Set All Resource Count">
<Param name="PlayerID" dispName="$$22301$$Player" VarType="player">1</Param>
<Param name="QVName" dispName="$$23952$$Var Name" VarType="string">QV1</Param>
<Command>trQuestVarSet("%QVName%",trPlayerResourceCount(%PlayerID%, "Food")</Command>
<Command>+trPlayerResourceCount(%PlayerID%, "Wood")+trPlayerResourceCount(%PlayerID%, "Gold"));</Command>
</Condition>

Btw I also own AOM and tested a bunch of triggers there and also took some to AOE3

And resx%playerID% works just trigger intern ->therefore we neeed a qv to store

My trigger Pack

[This message has been edited by Mister SCP (edited 03-31-2011 @ 10:11 AM).]

Eurotool
Hero
posted 03-31-11 06:56 PM EDT (US)     497 / 847       
Oh, thanks a lot... you've just deepened my knowledge...
  <Command>if (resx!= %Objects%) {</Command>
<Command>trEndGame();</Command>
<Command>trChatSendSpoofed(1, "This file was edited by a noob");</Command>
<Command>}</Command>
Funny

THYPAVLACK
Skirmisher
posted 04-08-11 07:40 PM EDT (US)     498 / 847       
I need quite a few triggers for my map.

"When Any players 1-6's skirmisher sees a building, All player 1-6's skirmishers can kill player 7's pirates "

"Players 1-6 Organ guns can kill Player 7's pirates in one shot"

"Players 1-6 skirmishers can build walls"

"Players 1-6 recive One wood per kill"

"Player 7 Pirates gain speed every {amount of time}"

Note: player 7 is a computer, players 1-6 are human.

Players 1-6 are on team 1, player 7 is on team 2.
maxulino
Skirmisher
posted 04-08-11 10:11 PM EDT (US)     499 / 847       
lol all of this can be doine with the default triggers just open the trigger editor and if you have any doubt check out my trigger guide: http://aoe3.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=3082
musketeer925
Skirmisher
posted 04-08-11 11:31 PM EDT (US)     500 / 847       
Skirmishers cannot be made to build walls.
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 18 19 20 21 22 ··· 30 ··· 34  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames