You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by MosheLevi, Mister SCP

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.849 replies, Sticky
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Have a Trigger Request? Post it here!
Bottom
Topic Subject:Have a Trigger Request? Post it here!
« Previous Page  1 ··· 6 7 8 9 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 34  Next Page »
Mister SCP
Scenario Reviewer
posted 05-22-09 02:11 AM EDT (US)         
So you have a trigger request?

You can post it here!

------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------

Hello and welcome to the Trigger Request Thread (TRT). This thread's purpose is only to place trigger requests and discuss them.

------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------

Before posting your request, it's always good to read the so-called FAQ.

How do I install a trigger?

When we have finished making your trigger, we'll post the required code here. To install this code you will first of all need to find your way to the AOE§ installation folder. C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires3 by default).
    Now open the trigger folder if you use vanilla -trigger1, if you use TWC -trigger2, and finally if you use TAD go to -trigger3.
    Next, open the file called typetest.xml. The only thing left to do is copy the code at the right position and save. If you requested a condition, then place the line above ,
    if you requested an effect paste it right above . Note the "s" at the end of both tags.

Notes:

• When copying the trigger from someone please click first and only then copy the required code.

• If you're still uncomfortable with installing triggers please backup the original typetest file, i.e. copy the original to another folder.

How do I uninstall a trigger?
    If a trigger happens to be faulty or if it generates errors you better remove it. Just do as if you were installing a new trigger, but instead of copy-pasting new code, remove the code corresponding with the chosen trigger. Make sure to remove it completely, including the starting < effect > or < condition > tag and the corresponding < /effect > or < /condition > closing tag. Failure to do so properly will cause XML errors in the file making ALL triggers in that file inaccessbile for AoM.

Help! My triggers have stopped working! If this doesnt help you can send an email including your scenario to mister.scp@gmail.com.

Recommended Downloads:
    -Advanced Trigger Set
    -My Trigger Set
    -Gunner`s Trigger Set
    -Random22`s Trigger Set
    -Hedanito`s Trigger Set
    -Kolt`S Trigger Set
    -SH Trigger
    -M925's Trigger Set

Posting a Request

So you have read the FAQ and want to post a request? OK, go for it, just be sure to use the following format:

Name - This should be as straightforward as possible. Try to comply with today's standards.Description - Always describe the actions that you want the trigger to perform. An example can be a great help when requesting complex triggers.

[b]Name[/b]
    [b]Description[/b]
    [b]Params[/b]
    (A List of Params. If you are pretty nice you set them in the context with your request.)

Unfinished Requests

-a lot

Finished Requests
    -even more (list isnt up to date)

Not Possible:
    -Fixing Modify Protounit
    -Fixing Chat Contain
    -Change name of the protounit which affect also the name when you train it
    Additional: XS - Basics (mostly based on pftq's guide for XS - Effects + Conditions)

XS - Triggers are a bit different from other triggers, since they use strings instead for e.g. PlayerID, Unit Select...
    The key highlight of these effects/conditions is to allow Unit Selections to be specified by number or QV. This makes great use of the effects which set QV to an OBJECT ID and opens up a whole new world of possibilites.

This includes all original and new effects/conditions with ALL appliable fields set to use ANY form of data, including but not limited to:
  • -- Quest Var Code: enter trQuestVarGet("QVNAME")
  • -- Player Stats: enter trGetStatValue(PLAYER, STATID_NUMBER) e.g. trGetStatValue(1, 2)-> count "Enemy Units Killed" for Player 1
  • -- Math Operations: (5*PlayerStat) ...allowed are + - * / as Math Operations
  • -- Any XS Code: (just open the typetest.xml and start digging!)

typical strings: (strings with * have additional informations on the bottom)
  • Amount (of resources), Radius, Headings, Duration, Damage Percent, Count (e.g. in Army Deploy), Rate (e.g. of Construction), Value
  • the table of PlayerID´s is a string
  • Operators* (don't use any numbers for them!)
  • Center Unit OBJECT ID/Source Unit OBJECT ID/Target Unit OBJECT ID **
  • Unit Type ID /ProtounitID ***

• *Operators you can use are:
    == equal to
    >= equal to or higher
    <= equal to or lower
    > higher
    < lower
    != is not equal to

• **The Unit Selections require an OBJECT ID. This is NOT the same as a NAME ID (like in Reyk's triggers). To find an OBJECT ID, use the supplied "QV Set.. OBJECT ID" effects OR select a unit and open the "Object Info" window. Open the Object Debug Info Window if you are using Age of Empires III and the ID is not readily available in the "Object Info".

The first amount show you the Unit ID, every unit have a unique one. The third amount show you the Unit Type ID/ Protounit ID. Every MercJaeger have the ProtounitID -387-. Note that you can select ALL Units with Unit ID's but not even all with Protounit ID like cinematic blocks.

1. ***TO USE NAME IDS: If you have the Name ID of a unit, you can convert it to OBJECT ID by using the kbGetBlockID("") function.
    2. ***For string (text) IDs, example: kbGetBlockID("ThisIsMyUnit")
    3. ***For QV, example: kbGetBlockID(""+trQuestVarGet("ThisIsMyQV"))
    4. ***For # NAME ID, example: kbGetBlockID("NUMBER")
      *** Generally, you can use kbGetBlockID(""+ID) for all, except text. As said above, enclose the text entirely with the quotes.

~MisterSCP

ESO2 Name:Sir_ConstantinESO Name:Sir_Pacman
Trigger Freak and Modder for AOE3

SCP Editor Tools---my map pack---Some incomplete stuff
My trigger Pack

[This message has been edited by Mister SCP (edited 08-21-2011 @ 03:07 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
Mister SCP
Scenario Reviewer
posted 11-03-09 04:11 PM EDT (US)     176 / 849       
Commands:
I use 3 types of sources
1.Allready Existing Triggers
2.AiMain.xs (from AI3 folder)
3.AOM Database: A small amount of Functions won't work but I ve not the tools to create one for AOE3.
useable are at this soure: kb,tr and xsCommands
4.After you ve learned some basics you can enter the console and enter the text -helptext("MyText")-
Params:You'll find it most easiest in source #3

(a list for tr (Trigger))
# "long": An input box for numbers. Output example: -1.
# "float": An input box for numbers that allows decimal points. Output example: -1.0.
# "string": An input box for any type of text (not just numbers). Output example: default.
# "stringid": Seems to be the same as string, but it may have internal differences. Output example: default.
# "bool": A button that can be pressed in or sticking out. Output examples: true or false.
# "unit": A "select unit" style button. Output example: 5 (unit name).
# "group": Army selection tools. Output example: 1,11 (player 1, army 11).
# "area": A "select area" style button. Output example: 0, 0, 0.
# "sound": Select sound style tools. Output example: music_file","1 (where 1 is volume level).
# "camerainfo": A set of "Cut to Scene" style buttons. Returns 4 vectors (pos, dir, up, right) that exactly define the current camera position.
# "camtrack": A drop down list of camera tracks. Output example: My_Camera_Track
# "operator": A drop down list of operators. Two sets are available: (==, >=, >, <, <=) and (+, -, *, /).
# "player": A drop down list of player numbers. Does not contain player 11 and 12. Output example: 1
# "tech": A drop down list of technologies. Output example: 123 (see technology constants).
# "protounit": A drop down list of different unit types. Output example: Villager Greek (proto name).
# "alliance": A drop down list of diplomacies Output examples: Ally or Neutral or Enemy.
# "kbstat": A drop down list of statistics. Output example: 0 (statistic ID)
# "godpower": A drop down list of god powers. Output example: Reverse Time.
# "resource": A drop down list of resources. Output examples: food or wood or gold or favor.
# "event": A drop down list of triggers. Output example: Trigger0.
# "techstatus": A drop down list of possible technology statuses. Output example: 1 (see technology status constants).
# "unitstance": A drop down list of unit stances. Output examples: Aggressive, Defensive, Passive.
# "uicategory": A drop down list of UI categories. Output example: 1 (category ID)
# "pufield": A drop down list of modifiable unit fields. Output example: 2 (field ID).
Expressions: like Commands, don't try to use set effects since it's handled like if. e.g.
If Always->Then ...
IF Player 2 Is Human->Then...

XS - User Code
<Effect name="XS User Code">
<Param name="LA" dispName=" " VarType="stringid"></Param>
<Command>/**/ %LA%</Command>
A Trigger where you can put in Custom lines to check if they work (Maybe you noticed that your trigger don't work). e.g.
 <Command>int x=kbGetAgeForPlayer(1);</Command>
Now for use it in XS User Code you have to type in everything between the Command tag:
int x=kbGetAgeForPlayer(1);
The bigger Edition of XS - User Code
   <Effect name="XS User Code 6">
<Param name="La" dispName=" " VarType="stringid"></Param>
<Param name="LB" dispName=" " VarType="stringid"></Param>
<Param name="LC" dispName=" " VarType="stringid"></Param>
<Param name="LD" dispName=" " VarType="stringid"></Param>
<Param name="LE" dispName=" " VarType="stringid"></Param>
<Param name="LF" dispName=" " VarType="stringid"></Param>
<Command>/**/ %LA%</Command>
<Command>/**/ %LB%</Command>
<Command>/**/ %LC%</Command>
<Command>/**/ %LD%</Command>
<Command>/**/ %LE%</Command>
<Command>/**/ %LF%</Command>
</Effect>
If you want to try out triggering feel free t ask here for help

My trigger Pack

[This message has been edited by Mister SCP (edited 11-03-2009 @ 04:26 PM).]

musketeer925
Skirmisher
posted 11-04-09 03:51 PM EDT (US)     177 / 849       
Thanks for the help, in not only what i asked for, but for procrastinating! :P
kjnn
Skirmisher
posted 11-04-09 03:53 PM EDT (US)     178 / 849       
Greetings,
I don't really have a trigger request but I do have a few questions about an existing one..
What's up with the effect "Show building damage"..Does this one work?.IF so?.What type of data goes into the data fields in order to get this effect to work?.I tried a few things with little success..Any information/help on this effect would be most appreciated.
Best regards
Mister SCP
Scenario Reviewer
posted 11-04-09 04:45 PM EDT (US)     179 / 849       
@musk You are Welcome
@kjnn: It seems that your effect display the HP bar 3 secs long of a choosen unit.That's it. If I put Text in it does change nothing (I tried locations,booler, unit positions,numbers...). The strange thing is that it work for me just one time (per unit) even if it is in loop.

My trigger Pack

[This message has been edited by Mister SCP (edited 11-04-2009 @ 04:58 PM).]

kjnn
Skirmisher
posted 11-04-09 05:03 PM EDT (US)     180 / 849       
Thank you for looking into my questions MisterSCP..
I was hoping that I could use this effect..In my scenario.. I wanted a particular building to look damaged..I think I've come up with another way to do that with out a trigger.
Regards
cody000001
Banned
posted 11-06-09 06:44 PM EDT (US)     181 / 849       
Is there any way to make a transform trigger (like the one for Age Of Mythology) for Age Of Empires III?????
Mister SCP
Scenario Reviewer
posted 11-07-09 02:24 AM EDT (US)     182 / 849       
No there isnt right now since we cannot use this piece of code from AOM (doesn't exist anymore). Am I right that you want to transform projectiles, since for units we allready have a simular thing?
I could try my best to make a transform trigger but I don't know how well the performence would be (i bet mp-very laggy)

Edit: As I saW YOU IN THE MODDING SECTION i THOUGHT that you might be able to give projectiles the flag selectable/searchable or however it is called . Then the query might be able to find your projectiles.

My trigger Pack

[This message has been edited by Mister SCP (edited 11-07-2009 @ 03:30 AM).]

XxXItachiXxX
Skirmisher
posted 11-26-09 11:47 AM EDT (US)     183 / 849       
Can you make a
Set Population Trigger

that can do up to 300 pop
Its simpler and would be very useful for my scenarios

And

Modify all protunit for player

modifies all proto units for 1 player instead of choosing individually

thx in advance.
~XxXItachiXxX

WaRr1oR's PaTh RPG
P_J_B, XxXItachiXxX, and the other guys :P

[This message has been edited by XxXItachiXxX (edited 11-26-2009 @ 11:50 AM).]

Mister SCP
Scenario Reviewer
posted 11-27-09 11:22 AM EDT (US)     184 / 849       
1. Modify all Protounits for one Player
<Effect name="Modify All Protounits">
<Param name="Field" dispName="Field" varType="pufield">0</Param>
<Param name="Delta" dispName="Delta" varType="float">1.0</Param>
<Param name="PlayerID" dispName="Player" VarType="player">0</Param>
<Command>trQuestVarSet("ModProtoRandomQV", 0);</Command>
<Command>while(1500>=trQuestVarGet("ModProtoRandomQV")) {</Command>
<Command>trModifyProtounit(""+kbGetProtoUnitName(trQuestVarGet("ModProtoRandomQV")), %PlayerID%, %Field%, Þlta%);</Command>
<Command>trQuestVarSet("ModProtoRandomQV",trQuestVarGet("ModProtoRandomQV")+1);}</Command>
</Effect>
2. Pop Trigger

Sry It is not possible with a trigger that easy but there is a pretty easy trick to do it. I'll tell you how to do it for Player 1
1.Place 25 Ronins on your map for Player (one Ronin has a Popcount of 4)
Note: All preplaced buildiungs and units have a total popcount of 0/0.
2. Use a Destroy trigger to kill the 25 ronins you'll have now a popcount of -100/0 means you have 100 more population space. If you build now some houses (e.g. 5) you'll have
-100/50 means you can build up to 150 units. If you build 20 houses you'll have -100/200 -> 300 mens

My trigger Pack

[This message has been edited by Mister SCP (edited 11-27-2009 @ 11:24 AM).]

Mister SCP
Scenario Reviewer
posted 11-30-09 08:12 AM EDT (US)     185 / 849       

Hotkeys

Let's talk about the Hotkeys. Now they are useable in your scenario. This Guide will show you how to use them in Combination with the "Power Panel"

How it works:
When pressing a Hotkey the Game will transform a unit into another one (e.g. AbusGun->aiTargetBlockWeak). A second trigger will indicate that this unit change (uses units in area).
Notes:
-MP had just one test... it doesnt do OOS at all in this test
-Hotkeys works for all Players
-The Hotkey stuff bases on unit Transformation. Units can only transform 1 time!

Trigger1
Condition:
Always
Effect:
Typeloader

Trigger2:
Condition:
Always
Effect:
Hotkey Install Trigger

Trigger3: (loop, run immediate activ)
Units in Area: Abus Gun... Count 0

Effects:
Ui Delete Selected Unit (not tested in Multiplayer)
Unit Create (Abus Gun)
Power Panel by Consti
(Camera Cut (Protounit))

repeat Trigger 3 for all Players you need

Codes you'll need:

<Effect name="UI Delete Selected Unit">   
<Command>uiDeleteSelectedUnit();</Command>
</Effect>
   <Effect name="Hotkey Trigger Install">       
<Param name="HotKey" dispName="Hotkey" VarType="string">a</Param>
<Param name="Proto" dispName="Transform Unit" varType="protounit">villager</Param>
<Param name="target" dispName="into a" varType="protounit">villager</Param>
<Param name="note" dispName="INFO" varType="string">the unit will be transformed into another unit. Use the Is type Condition to
Check when it happened.</Param>
<Command>map("%Hotkey%","game","uiFindType(\"%Proto%\") uiTransformSelectedUnit(\"%target%\")");</Command>
</Effect>

My trigger Pack
shqiptar
Skirmisher
posted 12-06-09 01:59 PM EDT (US)     186 / 849       
I have an interesting question. I created a new trigger i looped it run immediately high priority, for condition timer 2 for effect unitcreate player 1 type of unit and set area to create but now i need help with another effect i need to know how to task the object once it is created, in age of empires 2 u did create unit and then task object to move it from spawn point to flag, how do i do that in age of empires 3? which one of the choices does that
Mister SCP
Scenario Reviewer
posted 12-06-09 02:08 PM EDT (US)     187 / 849       
for such simple uses i would use: move units from area.
teleport units from area... There are a lot of these effects (mainly custom ones)

Advanced way for searching for units: QV Set Unit OBJECT IDs
This one search the ID's of targeted units and save them in QV's e.g. XY1=55 ->with XS triggers you can type in trQuestVarGet("XY1") to select a unit and do a action with it

My trigger Pack
Pezinator
Skirmisher
posted 12-08-09 09:28 PM EDT (US)     188 / 849       
I need a trigger where I can start a timer to start a trigger after a previous trigger ended. For example, if I had a trigger that just ended, the next trigger is started by a timer of X amount of seconds after the trigger that just ended.
Mister SCP
Scenario Reviewer
posted 12-09-09 08:22 AM EDT (US)     189 / 849       
use "Sound Timer" for the trigger which activate the next one

My trigger Pack
Pezinator
Skirmisher
posted 12-09-09 08:51 PM EDT (US)     190 / 849       
Ill try that then. Thanks.
Tzuch
Skirmisher
posted 12-14-09 03:12 PM EDT (US)     191 / 849       
Help!

AOEIII Seems very different from previous versions. All I want to do is design a 1 person, 1 computer game where the computer will seek to build an empire and destroy me. I in turn want to be able to fight the computer.

I apologize if something like this is already posted, but I am brand new to this forum. Any ideas or direction would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Tzuch
tzuch@yahoo.com
As_Saffah
Scenario Reviewer
posted 12-16-09 11:35 PM EDT (US)     192 / 849       
You should look at some single player scenarios and Moshe's thread for general tips on how to make the AI work: these get the computers active for both multiplayer and single player. A couple of good ones:

JPSoft's Hard Days Night

Siege of Khartoum

Any of the Strategic Objectives series

Look at how the triggers are used, especially in the way the teams are set up and how to pick difficulty and deploy armies.

Crunkatog on ESO
Bart331 balance suggestion: aztec: remove civ
Voltiguer: Ender, Sioux in 1.04 will be a top civ, no matter how many layers of Sioux goggles you put on
schildpad on Elephants: ...their mansabdar unit sucks so hard it looks like a black hole
Crunkatog on Steam.
As_Saffah
Scenario Reviewer
posted 12-22-09 01:41 PM EDT (US)     193 / 849       
One for modify river lightning

<Effect name="Sun-River Lighting">
<Param name="A" dispName="Intensity (0.0-2.0)" varType="string">1.0</Param>
<Param name="B" dispName="Spec Intensity" varType="string">10</Param>
<Param name="C" dispName="Spec Power (35-100)" varType="string">70</Param>
<Param name="D" dispName="Inclination (0-15)" varType="string">5</Param>
<Param name="E" dispName="Rotation? (0-80)" varType="string">20</Param>
<Command>fakeSunParams(%A%,%B%,%C%,%D%,%E%);</Command>
</Effect>
Is there a way to add in Param name="F" dispName="Sun Color (R,G,B)....

If you look at the pre-set Lighting "New England" you will see that the color of the reflected Sun is orange-yellow. If you use the Water Lighting trigger as it is here, you do not get to choose a color for the reflected Sun, that reflected Sun is always white. I want to be able to set the reflected Sun color as equal to the color of the Primary Sun so that sunrise = the reflected light is red like the rising sun, sunset = golden like the setting sun, Evening or Night = bluish silver like the moonlight.

Any suggestions? I've tried to alter the code in my typetest, but I don't know the fakeSunParam letter code for "fakeSunColor" if such a thing exists.

Crunkatog on ESO
Voltiguer: Ender, Sioux in 1.04 will be a top civ, no matter how many layers of Sioux goggles you put on
schildpad on Elephants: ...their mansabdar unit sucks so hard it looks like a black hole
Crunkatog on Steam.
Mister SCP
Scenario Reviewer
posted 12-22-09 02:16 PM EDT (US)     194 / 849       
Well the Lettercode is:..
fakeSunParams([intensity] [specIntensity] [specPower] [Inclination] [rotation])

I understand your post aster the 3rd time reading .
pre Set lights are in all cases i know console commands so I think after a bit digging I will find the right code

My trigger Pack

[This message has been edited by Mister SCP (edited 12-22-2009 @ 02:30 PM).]

As_Saffah
Scenario Reviewer
posted 12-22-09 11:21 PM EDT (US)     195 / 849       
Ich warte gerne auf Deine Antwort

Crunkatog on ESO
Crunkatog on Steam.
Mister SCP
Scenario Reviewer
posted 12-23-09 07:09 AM EDT (US)     196 / 849       
After searching a while I don't really find what you where looking for.

But i find another lightning trigger called Set Hemilight
i don't know exactly what it is (no translation to german) but it have influence on Primary light, unit light and aswell terrain light

(Params)
bottom Color R
bottom Color G
bottom Color B
top Color R
top Color B
top Color G
Axis Yaw
Axis Pitch
Intensity
Unit Intensity
Terrain Intensity

well since this are 11 parameters I will try to splitt it in two effects

2nd I found some effect that saves the current lightning and aswell one which can load it. If It saves them in files we can maybe create a lightning pack .

Keywords I looked for:
light, sun, red,

I just have in mind one effect which remove the reflection :-(

My trigger Pack
As_Saffah
Scenario Reviewer
posted 12-23-09 11:32 AM EDT (US)     197 / 849       
Those last two are very important to making effective maps for multiplayer.

Unit Intensity: this lets you see your units and buildings clearly even when the Lighting is set to Night

Otherwise, as you may notice, your units and buildings are hard to see in the darker lighting.

It's part of the pre-set Lightings. I know this to be true because I have used a pre-set Lighting with a high unit-building Intensity before, along with custom Set Lighting Bloom Fog, to create night scenes where your units and buildings are still visible.

Try this to see for yourself. Choose the pre-set Lighting spc14a_night and then look at units and buildings on the map. They are dim in the fog and you can't see them properly if they are not close to the viewer's eye.

Now choose the pre-set Lighting st_louis and you will see that the units and buildings are much more visible in the darker background.

If you then write a Trigger Set Sun Color and change the Sun Color to a dark value, such as 1, 1, 50 you will see the units and buildings almost glowing out at you from the dark blue night. Even though you now do not have the same sun color as the original St. Louis lighting set, the Unit Intensity is preserved.

SO yes, a trigger built around JUST the Intensity, Unit Intensity, and Terrain Intensity should be made.

Axis Yaw and Axis Pitch probably refer to the pseudo-highlight on the surface of the map to make it "appear" curved like the real surface of the Earth.

The map is flat, we can see that in the Editor when we work with a blank map it is flat. But the lighting effect hemilight treats it as if it were a hemisphere and assigns light values as if it were striking the surface from a different angle at each portion of the map (as it would if it were shining on a curved surface and not a flat disk).

Wenn Sie alle nicht verstehen können, vielleicht würde es verständlicher durch E-mail auf Deutsch erweitern.

Crunkatog on ESO
Crunkatog on Steam.
Mister SCP
Scenario Reviewer
posted 12-26-09 04:31 AM EDT (US)     198 / 849       
Well I got Win7 at X-Mas now I have to reinstall everything means I will release the codes between today evening and tomorrow

My trigger Pack
Mister SCP
Scenario Reviewer
posted 01-02-10 06:25 PM EDT (US)     199 / 849       
Here some news

1.cutted version of Set Hemilight don't work. Might release the uncutted.
2.Havent tried Load and Save lightnings but will also release these codes
3. found a way to make hotkeys directly fire a trigger

My trigger Pack
Mister SCP
Scenario Reviewer
posted 01-03-10 05:41 AM EDT (US)     200 / 849       
Here are some new triggers. All can be found in Consti's Trigpack 3.3

<Condition name="Army Selected">
<Param name="SrcArmy" dispName="$$22348$$Army" VarType="group">default</Param>
<Command>trUnitSelectClear();</Command>
<Command>trArmySelect("%SrcArmy%");</Command>
<Expression>trUnitIsSelected()</Expression>
</Condition>

(requested one)

<Effect name="Hotkey Trigger">
<Param name="Key01" dispName="Key" varType="string">a</Param>
<Param name="EventID01" dispName="Trigger" varType="event">-1</Param>
<Command>map("%Key01%","game","trackInsert(); trackAddWaypoint();trackPlay(-1,%EventID01%);");</Command> </Effect>

Easy Hotkey installer... if you need names of special hotkeys feel free to ask or take a look into the game(X/Y).con file.

<Effect name="Load Lighting Set"> <Param name="Set" dispName="Set name" varType="string">Name</Param> <Command>loadLightingSet("%Set%");</Command> </Effect> <Effect name="Save Lighting Set"> <Param name="Set" dispName="Set name" varType="string">Name</Param> <Command>saveLightingSet("%Set%");</Command> </Effect>

two codes which seems to create a temporary file which means after restarting AOE3 it forgots the Lightings. Might be usefull to transport one lightning in aonther scenario or get the lighting a second time in the scenario (to avoid Effects with message boxes).

finally

<Effect name="Set Hemilight #2">
<Param name="R" dispName="bottom Color R" varType="string">100</Param>
<Param name="G" dispName="bottom Color G" varType="string">100</Param>
<Param name="B" dispName="bottom Color B" VarType="string">100</Param>
<Param name="I" dispName="Intensity" VarType="string">0</Param>
<Param name="UI" dispName="Unit Intensity" VarType="string">0.0</Param>
<Param name="TI" dispName="Terrain Intensity" VarType="string">0.0</Param>
<Command>setHemiLight(xxxRxxx/10,xxxGxxx/10,xxxBxxx/10,%R%,%G%,%B%,xxxAYxxx/100,xxxAPxxx/100,%I%,%UI%,%TI%);</Command>
</Effect>
<Effect name="Set Hemilight #1">
<Param name="R" dispName="top Color R" varType="string">100</Param>
<Param name="G" dispName="top Color G" varType="string">100</Param>
<Param name="B" dispName="top Color B" VarType="string">100</Param>
<Param name="AY" dispName="Axis Yaw" VarType="string">0</Param>
<Param name="AP" dispName="Axis Pitch" VarType="string">0</Param>
<Command>for (xxxRxxx=%R%*10;>900000){}</Command>
<Command>for (xxxGxxx=%G%*100;>900000){}</Command>
<Command>for (xxxBxxx=%B%*100;>900000){}</Command>
<Command>for (xxxAYxxx=%AY%*100;>900000){}</Command>
<Command>for (xxxAPxxx=%AP%*100;>900000){}</Command>
</Effect>

Hadn't expierence with the values to enter however for colors it is 0-255

<Effect name="Wait">
<Param name="Wait" dispName="Wait Time" varType="string">10</Param>
<Param name="tag" dispName="ID" varType="string">UniqueStringGoesHere</Param>
<Param name="nil" dispName="" varType="stringid">Effects after this one will be delayed by this length of time</Param>
<Param name="nul" dispName="" varType="stringid">Each occurence of this effect needs a different ID string</Param>
<Command>xsEnableRule("Ifyouarereadingthisthenjustsoyouknow%tag%ismuchmuchbetterthanyouwilleverbe");</Command>
<Command>xsDisableSelf();}</Command>
<Command>}</Command>
<Command>rule Ifyouarereadingthisthenjustsoyouknow%tag%ismuchmuchbetterthanyouwilleverbe</Command>
<Command> inactive</Command>
<Command> highFrequency</Command>
<Command>{</Command>
<Command> if((trTime()-cActivationTime) >= %Wait%) {</Command>
<Command>xsDisableSelf();</Command>
</Effect>

from HailToTheOboe (aomh)

Fires all following Effects in the trigger after a certain time
->usefull for day/night circles, dialoges, music