You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by MosheLevi, Mister SCP

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.849 replies, Sticky
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Have a Trigger Request? Post it here!
Bottom
Topic Subject:Have a Trigger Request? Post it here!
« Previous Page  1 ··· 7 8 9 10 11 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 34  Next Page »
Mister SCP
Scenario Reviewer
posted 05-22-09 02:11 AM EDT (US)         
So you have a trigger request?

You can post it here!

------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------

Hello and welcome to the Trigger Request Thread (TRT). This thread's purpose is only to place trigger requests and discuss them.

------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------

Before posting your request, it's always good to read the so-called FAQ.

How do I install a trigger?

When we have finished making your trigger, we'll post the required code here. To install this code you will first of all need to find your way to the AOEž installation folder. C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires3 by default).
    Now open the trigger folder if you use vanilla -trigger1, if you use TWC -trigger2, and finally if you use TAD go to -trigger3.
    Next, open the file called typetest.xml. The only thing left to do is copy the code at the right position and save. If you requested a condition, then place the line above ,
    if you requested an effect paste it right above . Note the "s" at the end of both tags.

Notes:

• When copying the trigger from someone please click first and only then copy the required code.

• If you're still uncomfortable with installing triggers please backup the original typetest file, i.e. copy the original to another folder.

How do I uninstall a trigger?
    If a trigger happens to be faulty or if it generates errors you better remove it. Just do as if you were installing a new trigger, but instead of copy-pasting new code, remove the code corresponding with the chosen trigger. Make sure to remove it completely, including the starting < effect > or < condition > tag and the corresponding < /effect > or < /condition > closing tag. Failure to do so properly will cause XML errors in the file making ALL triggers in that file inaccessbile for AoM.

Help! My triggers have stopped working! If this doesnt help you can send an email including your scenario to mister.scp@gmail.com.

Recommended Downloads:
    -Advanced Trigger Set
    -My Trigger Set
    -Gunner`s Trigger Set
    -Random22`s Trigger Set
    -Hedanito`s Trigger Set
    -Kolt`S Trigger Set
    -SH Trigger
    -M925's Trigger Set

Posting a Request

So you have read the FAQ and want to post a request? OK, go for it, just be sure to use the following format:

Name - This should be as straightforward as possible. Try to comply with today's standards.Description - Always describe the actions that you want the trigger to perform. An example can be a great help when requesting complex triggers.

[b]Name[/b]
    [b]Description[/b]
    [b]Params[/b]
    (A List of Params. If you are pretty nice you set them in the context with your request.)

Unfinished Requests

-a lot

Finished Requests
    -even more (list isnt up to date)

Not Possible:
    -Fixing Modify Protounit
    -Fixing Chat Contain
    -Change name of the protounit which affect also the name when you train it
    Additional: XS - Basics (mostly based on pftq's guide for XS - Effects + Conditions)

XS - Triggers are a bit different from other triggers, since they use strings instead for e.g. PlayerID, Unit Select...
    The key highlight of these effects/conditions is to allow Unit Selections to be specified by number or QV. This makes great use of the effects which set QV to an OBJECT ID and opens up a whole new world of possibilites.

This includes all original and new effects/conditions with ALL appliable fields set to use ANY form of data, including but not limited to:
  • -- Quest Var Code: enter trQuestVarGet("QVNAME")
  • -- Player Stats: enter trGetStatValue(PLAYER, STATID_NUMBER) e.g. trGetStatValue(1, 2)-> count "Enemy Units Killed" for Player 1
  • -- Math Operations: (5*PlayerStat) ...allowed are + - * / as Math Operations
  • -- Any XS Code: (just open the typetest.xml and start digging!)

typical strings: (strings with * have additional informations on the bottom)
  • Amount (of resources), Radius, Headings, Duration, Damage Percent, Count (e.g. in Army Deploy), Rate (e.g. of Construction), Value
  • the table of PlayerID┤s is a string
  • Operators* (don't use any numbers for them!)
  • Center Unit OBJECT ID/Source Unit OBJECT ID/Target Unit OBJECT ID **
  • Unit Type ID /ProtounitID ***

• *Operators you can use are:
    == equal to
    >= equal to or higher
    <= equal to or lower
    > higher
    < lower
    != is not equal to

• **The Unit Selections require an OBJECT ID. This is NOT the same as a NAME ID (like in Reyk's triggers). To find an OBJECT ID, use the supplied "QV Set.. OBJECT ID" effects OR select a unit and open the "Object Info" window. Open the Object Debug Info Window if you are using Age of Empires III and the ID is not readily available in the "Object Info".

The first amount show you the Unit ID, every unit have a unique one. The third amount show you the Unit Type ID/ Protounit ID. Every MercJaeger have the ProtounitID -387-. Note that you can select ALL Units with Unit ID's but not even all with Protounit ID like cinematic blocks.

1. ***TO USE NAME IDS: If you have the Name ID of a unit, you can convert it to OBJECT ID by using the kbGetBlockID("") function.
    2. ***For string (text) IDs, example: kbGetBlockID("ThisIsMyUnit")
    3. ***For QV, example: kbGetBlockID(""+trQuestVarGet("ThisIsMyQV"))
    4. ***For # NAME ID, example: kbGetBlockID("NUMBER")
      *** Generally, you can use kbGetBlockID(""+ID) for all, except text. As said above, enclose the text entirely with the quotes.

~MisterSCP

ESO2 Name:Sir_ConstantinESO Name:Sir_Pacman
Trigger Freak and Modder for AOE3

SCP Editor Tools---my map pack---Some incomplete stuff
My trigger Pack

[This message has been edited by Mister SCP (edited 08-21-2011 @ 03:07 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
As_Saffah
Scenario Reviewer
posted 01-04-10 12:21 PM EDT (US)     201 / 849       
Hey, I'll play with the new lighting effects when I have a chance, and show you what the effects do, maybe add to the Lighting Guide.

Thanks again!

EDIT: I've taken some screenies showing what the Hemilight settings do, at least some of them anyway.

I'll try to add some more info and the relevant screenies later this week/weekend.

I'm still not clear on what "Top Color" and "Bottom Color" do but it seems to be shading on objects, and shadows thrown on terrain or other objects.

Yaw and pitch don't seem to do anything, and I know this is probably because I'm not using the right objects/scene setting to pick up on subtle changes.

Intensity is the easiest one to see and those will be the first ones I post.

Sadly, screwing with Hemilight settings does change the color of the terrain ambient light and ruins the effect of your other light settings if you're not careful.

Crunkatog on ESO
Bart331 balance suggestion: aztec: remove civ
Voltiguer: Ender, Sioux in 1.04 will be a top civ, no matter how many layers of Sioux goggles you put on
schildpad on Elephants: ...their mansabdar unit sucks so hard it looks like a black hole
Crunkatog on Steam.

[This message has been edited by As_Saffah (edited 01-08-2010 @ 09:37 AM).]

henni
Skirmisher
posted 01-05-10 12:58 PM EDT (US)     202 / 849       
Hi

Is there a trigger to find out who destroyed a building??

[This message has been edited by henni (edited 01-05-2010 @ 12:58 PM).]

Mister SCP
Scenario Reviewer
posted 01-05-10 02:58 PM EDT (US)     203 / 849       
Posting a Request

So you have read the FAQ and want to post a request? OK, go for it, just be sure to use the following format:

Name - This should be as straightforward as possible. Try to comply with today's standards.Description - Always describe the actions that you want the trigger to perform. An example can be a great help when requesting complex triggers.
NameDescriptionParams(A List of Params. If you are pretty nice you set them in the context with your request.)
...Context would be good. E.g. you could mean Self destruction (Fort convert maps) or destruct by an enemy (e.g. Colloseum).
So self destruction can be find out.
For a player who kill an enemy unit you just can find out who have attacked it when it fall down if two enemies attacked it well you could get a false result. If you speak from Colloseum you could also use a kill counter for buildings.

Well what do you need exactly?

My trigger Pack
henni
Skirmisher
posted 01-05-10 05:00 PM EDT (US)     204 / 849       
ok sorry...

I want to create a multiplayer game with a building, that can be destroyed by any player. When it is destroyed this player gets a unit or something like that.
But I don't know how to find out the player who destroyed it.

I hope this is enough.
musketeer925
Skirmisher
posted 01-05-10 07:15 PM EDT (US)     205 / 849       
I would like a condition similar to the one henni wants:

ProtoUnit Killed by Player

Params:
Protounit
Player (That killed the unit)
Amount (e.g. the amount of this protounit killed)

This would be similar to like Stat Value.... I guess just one with the protounit. Possible?

[This message has been edited by musketeer925 (edited 01-05-2010 @ 07:24 PM).]

QWW123
Skirmisher
posted 01-05-10 11:37 PM EDT (US)     206 / 849       
I'm not sure if you have this one but, I need a trigger where you can actually make the AI do something in a order. Like after this is destroyed aim for this area.

(or is that what AI attack plan is?)
Mister SCP
Scenario Reviewer
posted 01-08-10 03:11 PM EDT (US)     207 / 849       
I have tomorrow time to do this stuff

My trigger Pack
Mister SCP
Scenario Reviewer
posted 01-10-10 04:28 PM EDT (US)     208 / 849       
I'm not sure if you have this one but, I need a trigger where you can actually make the AI do something in a order. Like after this is destroyed aim for this area.

(or is that what AI attack plan is?)
Well after destroying the buildings of the area you just need to tell it the new plan.
I would like a condition similar to the one henni wants:

ProtoUnit Killed by Player

Params:
Protounit
Player (That killed the unit)
Amount (e.g. the amount of this protounit killed)

This would be similar to like Stat Value.... I guess just one with the protounit. Possible?
Not possible. Protounit lost would be possible but no chance to do it Protounit killed

ok sorry...
I want to create a multiplayer game with a building, that can be destroyed by any player. When it is destroyed this player gets a unit or something like that.
But I don't know how to find out the player who destroyed it.

I hope this is enough.
There is more a workaround. either you do it the XP way or you do it as follows:

You check when the fort is under attack, then you can finally find out which player attacks your buidling. You store this player in a variable and when the building gets destroyed you finally give the units from the player stored in the variable the reinforcement. If building is attacked by more opponents you could give the player who attacked it with the most units the reinforcement

My trigger Pack
henni
Skirmisher
posted 01-14-10 07:55 AM EDT (US)     209 / 849       
thanks...

but could somebody write the code for that???
I've already read something about triggers but I think I'm not good enough...
Mister SCP
Scenario Reviewer
posted 01-15-10 11:11 AM EDT (US)     210 / 849       
thanks...

but could somebody write the code for that???
I've already read something about triggers but I think I'm not good enough...
<Effect name="QV Number Units attack Unit"> <Param name="u" dispName="Source Unit" VarType="unit">default</Param> <Param name="PlayerID" dispName="Player" VarType="player">0</Param> <Param name="PN" dispName="Unit" VarType="protounit">default</Param> <Param name="QV" dispName="QV1" VarType="string">QV1</Param> <Command>for(result=0;>1){} for(unit=0;>1){} for(Qid=0; >1){}</Command> <Command>xsSetContextPlayer(%PlayerID%); kbLookAtAllUnitsOnMap(); unit = kbGetBlockID("%u%"); </Command> <Command>Qid=kbUnitQueryCreate("QueryProtounitPIAU");</Command> <Command>kbUnitQuerySetPlayerID(Qid, %PlayerID%, true);</Command> <Command>if ("%PN%"!="default") {kbUnitQuerySetUnitType(Qid, kbGetProtoUnitID("%ProtoName%"));}</Command> <Command>else {kbUnitQuerySetUnitType(Qid, 1509);}</Command> <Command>kbUnitQuerySetState(Qid,2);</Command> <Command>for(i=kbUnitQueryExecute(Qid)-1;>-1){ </Command> <Command loop="" loopParm="u">if (kbUnitGetTargetUnitID( kbUnitQueryGetResult(Qid, i) ) == unit) result++;</Command> <Command>}</Command> <Command>trQuestVarSet("%QV%",result);</Command> </Effect>
How to use this effect:
This effect saves current number of units that attack this unit. Leave protounit Empty means "ALL". Fill in a protounit then it's just for a specific unit. The PlayerID is everytime the ID of the attacking player NOT of the player who hold the building. Finally it saves it as a QV

How to use:
Condition: Is Dead
Effect: QV Number Units attack... (p2,p3...)
Important: High Priority,Run Immediate (and of course it must be set"Activ" )
Then use a second trigger to compare the values. You can do it with "QV 1- Start Highest or Lowest" and "QV 2- Save Highest or Lowest"
or with many QV Checks.

I also tried to do the "Trigger in Trigger"- System means you launch a completly new trigger in a custom Effect (That's how "Wait" and "Wait ms (fixed)" works. But it took too much time

My trigger Pack

[This message has been edited by Mister SCP (edited 01-15-2010 @ 11:13 AM).]

QWW123
Skirmisher
posted 01-15-10 11:55 PM EDT (US)     211 / 849       
I'm not sure how to us QV. It just says QV1 then bellow it it says QV2. How am I suppose to use that?
Mister SCP
Scenario Reviewer
posted 01-16-10 03:47 AM EDT (US)     212 / 849       
I'm not sure how to us QV. It just says QV1 then bellow it it says QV2. How am I suppose to use that?

I'm not sure which effect/condition you mean but basicly QV is a FLEXIBLE Variable means it can have every amount you told it. Easiest way to told your game an amount is QV Set.

e.g.
Quest Var Set
*QV1

means the Variable you called QV1 have an amount of 100. You can change your variable whenether you want.
For example: with a new QV Set and the same variable, QV Resource Counter...

If It was a missunderstanding and you meant you don't know how "QV 1- Start Highest or Lowest" and "QV 2- Save Highest or Lowest" work then you have to know for them that it work with 4 variables and either it find out the highest or the lowest QV and return them as string in the Variable "QVerHighLow". (means you have to find out which name it called. (Compare strings)

Edit: For String Check you can use
        <Effect name="IF QV String Check Start">
<Param name="QV" dispName="QV1" VarType="string">QV1</Param>
<Command>if (""+QVerHighLow+""=="%QV%"){</Command>
</Effect>
<Effect name="IF QV String Check End">
<Command>}</Command>
</Effect>
The starter: Compare the string from QV Save Highest or Lowest with your string (QV Name). String Check End close this "If"- Expression. between them you can add e.g. Unit Create/Army Deploy) for the specific player. Never forget to use String Check End to close your IF Expression

My trigger Pack

[This message has been edited by Mister SCP (edited 01-16-2010 @ 03:56 AM).]

Mister SCP
Scenario Reviewer
posted 01-16-10 05:49 AM EDT (US)     213 / 849       
New Lighting Triggers:
3 Categories
1-Category: Works Perfect
2-Category: Works but Send Chat
3-Category: Don't Work (might be later important when i teach you to create new lightings for a lighting pack)
All triggers arent really scaled.

Cat 1: <Effect name="Set Terrain Bumb Scale"> <Param name="R" dispName="Bumb Scale" varType="string">1</Param> <Param name="G" dispName="terrain specular power (No effect)" varType="string">100</Param> <Param name="B" dispName="terrain specular intensity (No effect)" VarType="string">100</Param> <Param name="C" dispName="terrain Metallness (no effect)" VarType="string">100</Param> <Command>setTerrainLightingParams(%R%,%G%,%B%,%C%);</Command> </Effect>
Cat2:
<Effect name="Set Bumb Scale"> <Param name="R" dispName="Bumb Scale" varType="string">1</Param> <Param name="lol" dispName="Text" VarType="string">lol</Param> <Command>uiMessageBox("%lol%","SetBumpScale(%R%)");</Command>

Cat2: <Effect name="Set Planar Fog"> <Param name="R" dispName="Planar Fog R (0-255)" varType="string">100</Param> <Param name="G" dispName="Planar Fog G (0-255)" varType="string">100</Param> <Param name="B" dispName="Planar Fog B (0-255)" VarType="string">100</Param> <Param name="D" dispName="planar fog density (0-3)" VarType="string">5</Param> <Param name="H" dispName="planar fog high (0-15)" VarType="string">10</Param> <Param name="lol" dispName="Text" VarType="string">lol</Param> <Command>uiMessageBox("%lol%","SetFogParams(%R%,%G%,%B%,%D%,%H%)");</Command> </Effect>
Cat1: <Effect name="Set Tone Map Params"> <Param name="A" dispName="exposure" varType="string">1</Param> <Param name="B" dispName="display Gamma" varType="string">100</Param> <Param name="C" dispName="grey F Stops" VarType="string">100</Param> <Param name="D" dispName="kneeLow" VarType="string">100</Param> <Param name="E" dispName="knee High" VarType="string">100</Param> <Param name="F" dispName="dither Noise Intensity" VarType="string">100</Param> <Command>setToneMapParams(%A%,%B%,%C%,%D%,%E%,%F%);</Command></Effect>

Cat1: <Effect name="Set Shadow Darkness"> <Param name="A" dispName="Light 0-255" varType="string">0</Param> <Param name="B" dispName="pcf Filter (0-16)" varType="string">2</Param> <Param name="C" dispName="bias NV" VarType="string">100</Param> <Param name="D" dispName="bias ATI" VarType="string">100</Param> <Param name="E" dispName="Shadow Slop Factor" VarType="string">2</Param> <Command>shadowDarkness(%A%,%B%,%C%,%D%,%E%);</Command> </Effect>
Cat3: <Effect name="Ambient Color (Dont Work)"> <Param name="R" dispName="R (0-255)" varType="long">0</Param> <Param name="G" dispName="G (0-255)" varType="long">0</Param> <Param name="B" dispName="B (0-255)" varType="long">0</Param> <Command>ambientColor(%R%,%G%,%B%);</Command> </Effect> Cat3: <Effect name="Ambient Color2 (Dont Work)"> <Param name="R" dispName="R (0-255)" varType="long">0</Param> <Param name="G" dispName="G (0-255)" varType="long">0</Param> <Param name="B" dispName="B (0-255)" varType="long">0</Param> <Command>ambientColor2(%R%,%G%,%B%);</Command> </Effect>

Well if someone is interested in creating a lighting pack I will give you/him some insider informations.

Well i also saw effects with "bloom" they didn't do anything. What should i e.g. expecet from "bloom intensity"

My trigger Pack

[This message has been edited by Mister SCP (edited 01-16-2010 @ 12:26 PM).]

As_Saffah
Scenario Reviewer
posted 01-16-10 09:07 AM EDT (US)     214 / 849       
I'll test these when I get a chance.

I'm not sure why there are more than one Fog and Ambient Color effects, but if it doesn't work, it could be because they are intended to affect different things.

The text boxes are annoying, but don't seem to cause any lasting problem with the scenario.

edit: Some testing results.

Set Terrain Bump Scale:

Sets the relief depth of the terrain sculpting or texture. Higher values for Scale give more deeply sculpted terrain. 1 is default, as seen in normal games.
Higher values also introduce more lag, since more iterations of calculations are needed to display more sculpting.

Set Terrain Specular/Metalness: Could not get these to work. No effect seen.

Set Bump Scale:

Sets the relief depth of the UNIT AND OBJECT textures. Also sets relief depth of CLIFF FACE textures. 1 is default, higher numbers introduce proportional lag.

Units such as huntables have a rougher coat. Building texture detail is increased. Mines appear more rugged and the kids playing on the fence in the Inka post appear more wiry and muscular.

Set Tone Map Params:

Resets game window gamma curves and levels. Default = 50% gray screen. Does not appear to change anything on the map itself, only the appearance of the window. Higher exposure and lower gamma = more of the map visible through the gray overlay.

Set Shadow Darkness:

Apparently intended to adjust shadow darkness for different types of graphics hardware and inherent gamma controls. There is a separate adjustment for ATI-based chipset and for Nvidia-based chipset.
All settings tested give a complete lack of shadows. I believe this shadow effect might require another companion effect to help define the colour of the shadow itself.

Interesting effects. The bump changes seem potentially useful for single player and for eyecandy screenies, but won't be appreciated in multiplayer (due to lag) or anyone who does not have High Unit/Terrain Texture and High-Poly Models turned on in their graphics settings.

Crunkatog on ESO
Voltiguer: Ender, Sioux in 1.04 will be a top civ, no matter how many layers of Sioux goggles you put on
schildpad on Elephants: ...their mansabdar unit sucks so hard it looks like a black hole
Crunkatog on Steam.

[This message has been edited by As_Saffah (edited 01-16-2010 @ 02:05 PM).]

gresling
Skirmisher
posted 02-05-10 04:27 PM EDT (US)     215 / 849       
hey,this might be a dumb question but how do i make an army move after it just spawned (this is first scenario i make)

i already got it to p7(comp) by converting it from gaia spawn.
i don't use "army move" because i know this doesn't work online.
Mister SCP
Scenario Reviewer
posted 02-06-10 03:50 AM EDT (US)     216 / 849       
sry to disappoint you but it works online, just not for gaia. you might try to spawn them directly to player and not to gaia and convert them

My trigger Pack

[This message has been edited by Mister SCP (edited 02-06-2010 @ 03:51 AM).]

musketeer925
Skirmisher
posted 02-14-10 03:52 PM EDT (US)     217 / 849       
SCP,

This trigger seems to have caused all my triggers in a scenario to stop working. Whats the problem? (This came from your SCP 3.1 Trigger Set.)

<Effect name="QV Specific Unit Count">
<Param name="PlayerID" dispName="$$22301$$Player" varType="player">1</Param>
<Param name="ProtoUnit" dispName="$$19160$$Unit" VarType="protounit">default</Param>
<Param name="QVName" dispName="$$32954$$Var Name" VarType="string">QV1</Param>
<Param name="R" dispName="Count all units of player" varType="bool">false</Param>
<Param name="R2" dispName="Count All Unit of All Player " varType="bool">false</Param>
<Param name="R3" dispName="Clear QV first " varType="bool">false</Param>
<Param name="Note" dispName="Note" VarType="string">If you set 'clear QV first' as -false- the current value will add to the result so you can count multiple units under same QV.</Param>
<Command>for(tlpla=0;>1){} for(uc=0;>1){} for(count=0;>1){} for(punit=0;>1){}</Command>
<Command>if(%R3% == false) count=trQuestVarGet("%QVName%");</Command>
<Command>if(%R2% == true) {</Command>
<Command>while(8>=tlpla) {</Command>
<Command>if (kbIsPlayerValid(tlpla)==true) {</Command>
<Command>while(1500>=punit) {</Command>
<Command>uc=trPlayerUnitCountSpecific(tlpla,""+kbGetProtoUnitName(punit));</Command>
<Command>count=count+uc;</Command>
<Command>punit=punit+1;}</Command>
<Command>punit=0;}</Command>
<Command>else {tlpla=9;}</Command>
<Command>tlpla=tlpla+1;}}</Command>
<Command>else {</Command>
<Command>if(%R% == false) {</Command>
<Command> uc=trPlayerUnitCountSpecific(%PlayerID%, "%ProtoUnit%");</Command>
<Command>}</Command>
<Command>if(%R% == true) {</Command>
<Command>uc=trPlayerUnitCountSpecific(%PlayerID%,""+kbGetProtoUnitName(punit));</Command>
<Command>punit=punit+1;}}}</Command>
<Command>trQuestVarSet("%QVName%", count);</Command>
</Effect>

[This message has been edited by musketeer925 (edited 02-14-2010 @ 03:55 PM).]

Mister SCP
Scenario Reviewer
posted 02-14-10 05:20 PM EDT (US)     218 / 849       
In general this trigger works

You cannot use it in case there is another effect in the same trigger which define the variables with an "int" (instead of defining with "for") Command (e.g. Typeloader uses int). If this effect is in the same effect as typeloader it won't work because the typeloader defines the variable the first time and it cant be defined a second time.

So plz isolate the typeloader in case that you did multiple effects in this trigger.

if you still have problems plz try to:
1.isolate the "QV Specific Unit Count" and try all parameters.
(2.) give me a list of effects you use in the trigger where QV Specific Unit Count is located

In 3.1 Typeloader should be the only trigger that causes this prblems if it is in the same trigger (also with other effects... see QV Resource Counter).

Hope that helpes, if you have still problemes your welcome to tell

My trigger Pack
musketeer925
Skirmisher
posted 02-14-10 08:55 PM EDT (US)     219 / 849       
In the trigger there were like 5 of the QV Specific Unit Count, a QV Modify, and Quest Var Sets, and 1 Fire Event.
LongBowHurtsBad
Skirmisher
posted 02-15-10 02:39 AM EDT (US)     220 / 849       
can i get the trigger that completes an objective when a unit is killed.

Also can i get one that spawns new units when you go to a certain spot.

~Quotes from the Heart~

"Get off my lawn"-Clint eastwood
"My name is Bill Clinton and im about to get laid" -Bill
"Spartans! Its time...to stomp the yard!"-Leonidas
"When you get hit by a Longbow, it will probably hurt, bad"-George Bush
Mister SCP
Scenario Reviewer
posted 02-15-10 04:27 AM EDT (US)     221 / 849       
everything i tested worked for me

just one note for mp: I you use count all units of all players it might lag in multiplayer

loops it creates
-specic unit count for 1 player -1x
-unit count for 1 player -1500x
-unit count for all players -1500x Player count + gaia

here is a small update:

<Effect name="QV Specific Unit Count">
<Param name="PlayerID" dispName="$$22301$$Player" varType="player">1</Param>
<Param name="ProtoUnit" dispName="$$19160$$Unit" VarType="protounit">default</Param>
<Param name="QVName" dispName="$$32954$$Var Name" VarType="string">QV1</Param>
<Param name="R" dispName="Count all units of player" varType="bool">false</Param>
<Param name="R2" dispName="Count All Unit of All Player " varType="bool">false</Param>
<Param name="R3" dispName="Clear QV first " varType="bool">false</Param>
<Param name="Note" dispName="Note" VarType="string">If you set 'clear QV first' as -false- the current value will add to the result so you can count multiple units under same QV.</Param>
<Command>for(tlpla=0;>1){} for(uc=0;>1){} for(count=0;>1){} for(punit=0;>1){}</Command>
<Command>if(%R3% == false) count=trQuestVarGet("%QVName%");</Command>
<Command>if(%R2% == true) {</Command>
<Command>while(cNumberPlayers-1>=tlpla) {</Command>
<Command>uc=trPlayerUnitCountSpecific(tlpla,""+kbGetProtoUnitName(punit));</Command>
<Command>punit=punit+1;}</Command>
<Command>punit=0;</Command>
<Command>tlpla=tlpla+1;}}</Command>
<Command>else {</Command>
<Command>if(%R% == false) {</Command>
<Command> uc=trPlayerUnitCountSpecific(%PlayerID%, "%ProtoUnit%");</Command>
<Command>}</Command>
<Command>if(%R% == true) {</Command>
<Command>uc=trPlayerUnitCountSpecific(%PlayerID%,""+kbGetProtoUnitName(punit));</Command>
<Command>count=count+uc;</Command> <Command>punit=punit+1;}}}</Command>
<Command>trQuestVarSet("%QVName%", count);</Command>
</Effect>
if it don't help you could send me your scenario and i take a closer look at it (Mister.SCP@googlemail.com)

My trigger Pack

[This message has been edited by Mister SCP (edited 02-15-2010 @ 04:29 AM).]

musketeer925
Skirmisher
posted 02-15-10 09:25 AM EDT (US)     222 / 849       
It's not a multiplayer scenario, so I can't fathom what's messing it up. I'll email it to you.
Mister SCP
Scenario Reviewer
posted 02-15-10 09:55 AM EDT (US)     223 / 849       
can i get the trigger that completes an objective when a unit is killed.

Also can i get one that spawns new units when you go to a certain spot.
1.->
Condition:
*Is dead
Effect:
Objective : Complete
2.->
Condition:
units in area/distance to point
effect:
Unit Create

My trigger Pack
Mister SCP
Scenario Reviewer
posted 02-15-10 10:32 AM EDT (US)     224 / 849       
the messed up trigger was QV Round *TL*
  <Effect name="QV Round *TL*">
<Param name="QV1" dispName="QV Name" varType="string">QV1</Param>
<Command>fla =trQuestVarGet("%QV1%");</Command>
<Command>trQuestVarSet("%QV1%", 0);</Command>
<Command>while (fla >= 1) {</Command>
<Command>trQuestVarSet("%QV1%", trQuestVarGet("%QV1%")+1);</Command>
<Command>fla=fla-1;}</Command>
<Command>if(fla >= 0.5) trQuestVarSet("%QV1%", trQuestVarGet("%QV1%")+1);</Command>
</Effect>
this is the corrected one. Thx to musk for finding this fault

My trigger Pack
As_Saffah
Scenario Reviewer
posted 02-16-10 01:03 AM EDT (US)     225 / 849       
Updated, thanks SCP

Crunkatog on ESO
Crunkatog on Steam.
« Previous Page  1 ··· 7 8 9 10 11 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 34  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames