You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by MosheLevi, Mister SCP

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.849 replies, Sticky
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Have a Trigger Request? Post it here!
Bottom
Topic Subject:Have a Trigger Request? Post it here!
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 17 18 19 20 21 ··· 30 ··· 34  Next Page »
Mister SCP
Scenario Reviewer
posted 05-22-09 02:11 AM EDT (US)         
So you have a trigger request?

You can post it here!

------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------

Hello and welcome to the Trigger Request Thread (TRT). This thread's purpose is only to place trigger requests and discuss them.

------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------

Before posting your request, it's always good to read the so-called FAQ.

How do I install a trigger?

When we have finished making your trigger, we'll post the required code here. To install this code you will first of all need to find your way to the AOE§ installation folder. C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires3 by default).
    Now open the trigger folder if you use vanilla -trigger1, if you use TWC -trigger2, and finally if you use TAD go to -trigger3.
    Next, open the file called typetest.xml. The only thing left to do is copy the code at the right position and save. If you requested a condition, then place the line above ,
    if you requested an effect paste it right above . Note the "s" at the end of both tags.

Notes:

• When copying the trigger from someone please click first and only then copy the required code.

• If you're still uncomfortable with installing triggers please backup the original typetest file, i.e. copy the original to another folder.

How do I uninstall a trigger?
    If a trigger happens to be faulty or if it generates errors you better remove it. Just do as if you were installing a new trigger, but instead of copy-pasting new code, remove the code corresponding with the chosen trigger. Make sure to remove it completely, including the starting < effect > or < condition > tag and the corresponding < /effect > or < /condition > closing tag. Failure to do so properly will cause XML errors in the file making ALL triggers in that file inaccessbile for AoM.

Help! My triggers have stopped working! If this doesnt help you can send an email including your scenario to mister.scp@gmail.com.

Recommended Downloads:
    -Advanced Trigger Set
    -My Trigger Set
    -Gunner`s Trigger Set
    -Random22`s Trigger Set
    -Hedanito`s Trigger Set
    -Kolt`S Trigger Set
    -SH Trigger
    -M925's Trigger Set

Posting a Request

So you have read the FAQ and want to post a request? OK, go for it, just be sure to use the following format:

Name - This should be as straightforward as possible. Try to comply with today's standards.Description - Always describe the actions that you want the trigger to perform. An example can be a great help when requesting complex triggers.

[b]Name[/b]
    [b]Description[/b]
    [b]Params[/b]
    (A List of Params. If you are pretty nice you set them in the context with your request.)

Unfinished Requests

-a lot

Finished Requests
    -even more (list isnt up to date)

Not Possible:
    -Fixing Modify Protounit
    -Fixing Chat Contain
    -Change name of the protounit which affect also the name when you train it
    Additional: XS - Basics (mostly based on pftq's guide for XS - Effects + Conditions)

XS - Triggers are a bit different from other triggers, since they use strings instead for e.g. PlayerID, Unit Select...
    The key highlight of these effects/conditions is to allow Unit Selections to be specified by number or QV. This makes great use of the effects which set QV to an OBJECT ID and opens up a whole new world of possibilites.

This includes all original and new effects/conditions with ALL appliable fields set to use ANY form of data, including but not limited to:
  • -- Quest Var Code: enter trQuestVarGet("QVNAME")
  • -- Player Stats: enter trGetStatValue(PLAYER, STATID_NUMBER) e.g. trGetStatValue(1, 2)-> count "Enemy Units Killed" for Player 1
  • -- Math Operations: (5*PlayerStat) ...allowed are + - * / as Math Operations
  • -- Any XS Code: (just open the typetest.xml and start digging!)

typical strings: (strings with * have additional informations on the bottom)
  • Amount (of resources), Radius, Headings, Duration, Damage Percent, Count (e.g. in Army Deploy), Rate (e.g. of Construction), Value
  • the table of PlayerIDŽs is a string
  • Operators* (don't use any numbers for them!)
  • Center Unit OBJECT ID/Source Unit OBJECT ID/Target Unit OBJECT ID **
  • Unit Type ID /ProtounitID ***

• *Operators you can use are:
    == equal to
    >= equal to or higher
    <= equal to or lower
    > higher
    < lower
    != is not equal to

• **The Unit Selections require an OBJECT ID. This is NOT the same as a NAME ID (like in Reyk's triggers). To find an OBJECT ID, use the supplied "QV Set.. OBJECT ID" effects OR select a unit and open the "Object Info" window. Open the Object Debug Info Window if you are using Age of Empires III and the ID is not readily available in the "Object Info".

The first amount show you the Unit ID, every unit have a unique one. The third amount show you the Unit Type ID/ Protounit ID. Every MercJaeger have the ProtounitID -387-. Note that you can select ALL Units with Unit ID's but not even all with Protounit ID like cinematic blocks.

1. ***TO USE NAME IDS: If you have the Name ID of a unit, you can convert it to OBJECT ID by using the kbGetBlockID("") function.
    2. ***For string (text) IDs, example: kbGetBlockID("ThisIsMyUnit")
    3. ***For QV, example: kbGetBlockID(""+trQuestVarGet("ThisIsMyQV"))
    4. ***For # NAME ID, example: kbGetBlockID("NUMBER")
      *** Generally, you can use kbGetBlockID(""+ID) for all, except text. As said above, enclose the text entirely with the quotes.

~MisterSCP

ESO2 Name:Sir_ConstantinESO Name:Sir_Pacman
Trigger Freak and Modder for AOE3

SCP Editor Tools---my map pack---Some incomplete stuff
My trigger Pack

[This message has been edited by Mister SCP (edited 08-21-2011 @ 03:07 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
Mister SCP
Scenario Reviewer
posted 02-14-11 12:08 PM EDT (US)     451 / 849       
use a unit create /army deploy trigger for an existing player (player 1) and convert the army to player 0 after it

My trigger Pack
Pegasus77
Skirmisher
posted 02-14-11 02:19 PM EDT (US)     452 / 849       
Yea thx SCP, IŽll try it..
And @ maxulino, in "strategy underground" hedanito hasnt used "unit create",
he used a teleport, because the wagon, that spawns in the middle, is always the same unit!
Otherwise its nearly impossible to convert it to the others players..

Pegasus77; RPG, Minigame and Cats n Mice Scenario Designer for AoE3 TAD
~~My Homepage~~P77 cats and mice~~
Labyrinth2
maxulino
Skirmisher
posted 02-14-11 04:49 PM EDT (US)     453 / 849       
ok but I thought he used a custom effect
Mister SCP
Scenario Reviewer
posted 02-14-11 05:58 PM EDT (US)     454 / 849       
Yea thx SCP, IŽll try it..
And @ maxulino, in "strategy underground" hedanito hasnt used "unit create",
he used a teleport, because the wagon, that spawns in the middle, is always the same unit!
Otherwise its nearly impossible to convert it to the others players..
In case you use the power of custom triggers it isnt that hard (Array+Army effects and conditions)

My trigger Pack
Mister SCP
Scenario Reviewer
posted 02-18-11 05:24 PM EDT (US)     455 / 849       
could someone test it online? Would be great for Bombs/Nukes/or choosing Starting Locations

<Effect name="Hotkey Power Ballon at UI Location">
<Param name="Key01" dispName="Key" varType="string">a</Param>
<Param name="mode" dispName="Mode" varType="string">game</Param>
<Command>map("%Key01%","%mode%","specialPower("+trCurrentPlayer()+",13,45);");</Command>
</Effect>

I tested it in singleplayer. It creates a ballon at a choosen location (abilities have recharge times ;( ).
2. You'd need a trigger like QV Set Unit OBJECT IDs to store ID of the ballon
3.kill the ballon with XS triggers (or change to blackpowder wagon) and use XS damage Units in area to make a nuke effect

If someone need modded bombs he can feel free to ask me. My modded bombs cause CRC online.

My trigger Pack

[This message has been edited by Mister SCP (edited 02-18-2011 @ 05:26 PM).]

Mister SCP
Scenario Reviewer
posted 02-19-11 08:18 AM EDT (US)     456 / 849       
Can someone post "forbid and disable all units???" I' ve lost it , wont redownload all trigger files and I'm too laz to reamke it.

(Need it for a 3 vs 3 Minigame map, Eyecandy artists are welcome to help, or if someone want also to have his minigame inside he can get the map if the idea is good and we work together on it)

til now I'm working on
-Capture the mills (if you farm them they will convert to you)
-Counter Units (kinda food wood gold where everyone can only build one kind of units (inf, art,cav). I used a syncronize trigger to make everyone in team has the same amount of gold, food, wood (you dont need to donate anymore )

My trigger Pack

[This message has been edited by Mister SCP (edited 02-19-2011 @ 08:23 AM).]

Pegasus77
Skirmisher
posted 02-19-11 11:51 AM EDT (US)     457 / 849       
Hey SCP here is the "forbid and disable all units" trigger
(its from kolt's triggerpack)

<Effect name="Forbid and Disable all Units">
<Param name="PlayerID" dispName="Player" VarType="player">0</Param>
<Command>trQuestVarSet("ForbidDisableRandomQV", 0);</Command>
<Command>while(1500>=trQuestVarGet("ForbidDisableRandomQV")) {</Command>
<Command>trForbidProtounit(%PlayerID%, ""+kbGetProtoUnitName(trQuestVarGet("ForbidDisableRandomQV")));</Command>
<Command>trQuestVarSet("ForbidDisableRandomQV", trQuestVarGet("ForbidDisableRandomQV")+1);}</Command>
</Effect>

And if you want we can do the minigame thing together, maybe we can include my idea that ive used in "Zombie Killer"
btw thx musk

Labyrinth2

[This message has been edited by Pegasus77 (edited 02-19-2011 @ 06:34 PM).]

musketeer925
Skirmisher
posted 02-19-11 12:36 PM EDT (US)     458 / 849       
Use the code tags: [code]

[This message has been edited by musketeer925 (edited 02-19-2011 @ 12:37 PM).]

Mister SCP
Scenario Reviewer
posted 02-20-11 05:20 AM EDT (US)     459 / 849       
Btw I had an idea about make random talk animations that it won't look so boring (made it in sceanrio and later created a trigger with it (didnt tested it))

All anims I used for it are in the Share folder that means most IGC units should support it (i tested it with Sheriff Holme the Game master in my new scenario). Note that I did neither used all talk anims possible nor I used special ones like for Holme ("Fly_Back" is pretty nice )

<Effect name="Array: IGC Unit TALK Animation"> <Param name="qvname" dispName="QV Name of Array" varType="string">QVA1</Param> <Param name="Value" dispName="Value" varType="string">Requires an Array with 10 slots</Param> <Param name="Value2" dispName="Value" varType="string">Anim 10 is with Knee fall</Param> <Command>xsArraySetString(trQuestVarGet("%qvname%"), 0, "TalkComewith");</Command> <Command>xsArraySetString(trQuestVarGet("%qvname%"), 1, "Talk2Sec");</Command> <Command>xsArraySetString(trQuestVarGet("%qvname%"), 2, "TalkShrug");</Command> <Command>xsArraySetString(trQuestVarGet("%qvname%"), 3, "TalkShake");</Command> <Command>xsArraySetString(trQuestVarGet("%qvname%"), 4, "TalkNod");</Command> <Command>xsArraySetString(trQuestVarGet("%qvname%"), 5, "TalkAngry");</Command> <Command>xsArraySetString(trQuestVarGet("%qvname%"), 6, "TalkLaughA");</Command> <Command>xsArraySetString(trQuestVarGet("%qvname%"), 7, "TalkGreetingHow");</Command> <Command>xsArraySetString(trQuestVarGet("%qvname%"), 8, "TalkShakingFist");</Command> <Command>xsArraySetString(trQuestVarGet("%qvname%"), 9, "TalkStartled");</Command> <Command>xsArraySetString(trQuestVarGet("%qvname%"), 10, "KneelTalk4Sec");</Command> </Effect> <Effect name="Array: Set Animation"> <Param name="SrcObject" dispName="$$19160$$Unit" varType="unit">default</Param> <Param name="AnimName" dispName="Animation Array" varType="string"></Param> <Param name="AnimPos" dispName="QV Pos" varType="string">QV1</Param> <Param name="AnimVersion" dispName="Anim Version" varType="long">0</Param> <Param name="LoopIt" dispName="$$22361$$Loop:" varType="bool">false</Param> <Param name="EventID" dispName="$$22362$$Trigger" varType="event">-1</Param> <Param name="NoIdlePop" dispName="$$32276$$No Idle Pop:" varType="bool">false</Param> <Command>trUnitSelectClear();</Command> <Command loop="" loopParm="SrcObject">trUnitSelect("%SrcObject%");</Command> <Command>trUnitSetAnimation(""+xsArrayGetString(trQuestVarGet("%AnimName%"),QVGet("%AnimPos%"))+"",%AnimVersion%,%LoopIt%,%EventID%,%NoIdlePop%);</Command> </Effect>

Trigger Sequence

-Array Create should have been allready used

Trigger1: QV Randomize (0-10)
Array Set Animation (connect it to trigger2)
Trigger2: Fire Event Trigger 1

In case it didnt work fluently/dont work you might check "No Idle Pop" I think it's like "Fire the above event" (so it dont do what's telling the name.

Finally I want to thank Pegasus for his effort

My trigger Pack

[This message has been edited by Mister SCP (edited 02-20-2011 @ 05:21 AM).]

Mister SCP
Scenario Reviewer
posted 02-21-11 03:54 AM EDT (US)     460 / 849       

<Effect name="Hotkey Power Ballon at UI Location">
<Command>map("%Key01%","%mode%","specialPower("+trCurrentPlayer()+",13,45);");</Command>
</Effect>
<Effect name="Hotkey Power IceCream at UI Location">
<Command>map("%Key01%","%mode%","specialPower("+trCurrentPlayer()+",0,46);");</Command>
</Effect>

both works online! Thanks to prawny for helping to test
keep in mind that these need recharge times since they base on abilities (both 240 (ballon might only need 120 secs but i dont think so)

My trigger Pack

[This message has been edited by Mister SCP (edited 02-21-2011 @ 03:57 AM).]

musketeer925
Skirmisher
posted 02-21-11 09:49 AM EDT (US)     461 / 849       
Those could prove quite useful.

And I didn't know Prawny followed HG.
Mister SCP
Scenario Reviewer
posted 02-21-11 02:02 PM EDT (US)     462 / 849       
And I didn't know Prawny followed HG.
didnt said that. He was just the victim who had to press a and make a ballon for a second player (I made the whole scenario )

Edit:

about some triggers
-Sound Timer (Fire Effect with in-build timer) doesnt works online everytime and fire offline triggers just once even if they have looped checked

-Typewriter isnt good for multiplayer scenarios it's kinda froze them unluckily

My trigger Pack

[This message has been edited by Mister SCP (edited 02-22-2011 @ 08:38 AM).]

maxulino
Skirmisher
posted 02-22-11 07:03 PM EDT (US)     463 / 849       
Hey mister scp I am working at a regeneration trick for my trigger tutorial but I need some sort of condition like unit donot being atacked so the units dont get healed while they are fighting

BTW: updated my trigger tutorial

[This message has been edited by maxulino (edited 02-22-2011 @ 08:20 PM).]

Mister SCP
Scenario Reviewer
posted 02-23-11 01:52 AM EDT (US)     464 / 849       
I used units in area (enemy units). Your best way would be

->Preparation
QV Set Unit Action (Idle) or/ad Walking

->finally doing:

Trigger:
Unit Action Type ID (Idle)
OR
Walking
Effect: Heal

or finally
units beeing attacked condition +check Unit Action type ID Attack
check box NOT
     <Condition name="Units Being Attacked">
<Param name="u" dispName="$$22295$$Source Units" VarType="unit">default</Param>
<Param name="PlayerID" dispName="$$22301$$Player" VarType="string">0</Param>
<Param name="PN" dispName="$$19160$$Unit" VarType="protounit">Villager</Param>
<Param name="Op" dispName="$$22297$$Operator" VarType="operator">==</Param>
<Param name="Count" dispName="$$22304$$Count" VarType="float">1</Param>
<Command>for(result=0;>1){} for(unit=0;>1){} for(Qid=0; >1){}</Command>
<Command>xsSetContextPlayer(%PlayerID%); kbLookAtAllUnitsOnMap(); unit = kbGetBlockID("%u%"); </Command>
<Command>Qid=kbUnitQueryCreate("QueryProtounitPIAU");</Command>
<Command>kbUnitQuerySetPlayerID(Qid, %PlayerID%, true);</Command>
<Command>kbUnitQuerySetUnitType(Qid, kbGetProtoUnitID("%PN%"));</Command>
<Command>kbUnitQuerySetState(Qid,2);</Command>
<Command>for(i=kbUnitQueryExecute(Qid)-1;>-1){ </Command>
<Command loop="" loopParm="u">if (kbUnitGetTargetUnitID( kbUnitQueryGetResult(Qid, i) ) == unit) result++;</Command>
<Command>}</Command>
<Expression>result %Op% %Count%</Expression>
</Condition>

My trigger Pack
Adac
Skirmisher
posted 02-24-11 09:09 PM EDT (US)     465 / 849       
I am trying to copy and paste some custom triggers to my typetest.xml file, but I cannont find it. I only have a trigtemp.xs file in there. Am I looking in the wrong place or are my folders just messed up?

Thanks for the help.
musketeer925
Skirmisher
posted 02-24-11 09:52 PM EDT (US)     466 / 849       
Wrong place. :P

Try C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires III\trigger3
or if you're on a 64-bit machine C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires III\trigger3

[This message has been edited by musketeer925 (edited 02-24-2011 @ 09:52 PM).]

Adac
Skirmisher
posted 02-24-11 10:03 PM EDT (US)     467 / 849       
Okay thanks! Found it. Does it matter where I paste it too in that file?
musketeer925
Skirmisher
posted 02-25-11 08:23 AM EDT (US)     468 / 849       
If its an effect, make sure it goes after <Effects> and before </Effects>

If its a condition, make sure it goes after <Conditions> and before </Conditions>

Just make sure you don't confuse those with the <Condition> or <Effect> that start or end triggers.
Goldenkinght
Skirmisher
posted 02-25-11 01:36 PM EDT (US)     469 / 849       
is there a way to modfiy the tigger so it can remove pop or resouce cost casue ik there is but i just never found out how cause it won't let me put in any minus signs in any of my triggers as well as i sometimes have a issue with my soundfile name trigger not loading the sound file when i try to load it's just blank in the slot for the file.
Adac
Skirmisher
posted 02-25-11 03:28 PM EDT (US)     470 / 849       
I have two problems now:

The file, typetest.xml will only open in "read only" format so I cannot edit it while keeping the same name.

Then if I rename it, I cannot save it in the trigger3 folder. It says "you don't have permission to permission to save in this location. Contact the administrator to obtain permission."

But I am the admin on my comp...

grrrrr this is frustrating

Also, where do I download the trigger sets too? the same typetest.xml file?

[This message has been edited by Adac (edited 02-25-2011 @ 03:33 PM).]

Mister SCP
Scenario Reviewer
posted 02-25-11 04:28 PM EDT (US)     471 / 849       
musketeer's english is better so he might explain you the main glitch.

havent fully read it but it has to do with your main problem
http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/11394-how-do-i-unset-program-folder-read-only-attribute.html
I think it's somehow a right click with your mouse then select properties (really free translation)
-either run everytime as administrator
-or go to security tab- add your user name (have to press a edit button before). and give you full rights (read and write) either for folder and all files in it or for file.

Finally remove the "write protection"

My trigger Pack
musketeer925
Skirmisher
posted 03-01-11 11:56 AM EDT (US)     472 / 849       
trigger for spielbubi:

<Effect name="Change Name for Player">
<Param name="Player" dispName="Player" varType="string">1</Param>
<Param name="SrcObject" dispName="$$21279$$Units" varType="unit">default</Param>
<Param name="NewName" dispName="$$22365$$Name" varType="stringid">Name</Param>
<Command>trUnitSelectClear();</Command>
<Command loop="" loopParm="SrcObject">trUnitSelect("%SrcObject%");</Command>
<Command>if(trUnitIsOwnedBy(%Player%)){trUnitChangeName("%NewName%");}</Command>
</Effect>
loard of peace
Skirmisher
posted 03-01-11 11:59 AM EDT (US)     473 / 849       
thx
Pegasus77
Skirmisher
posted 03-05-11 03:31 PM EDT (US)     474 / 849       
Hey guys, Id need a trigger like "QV Difference QV" (not sure about the name.) In this trigger the Difference Value isnt a number to put in, it is another qv. So finally you have to put in 3 qvŽs. (So, the Difference of QV1 and QV2 is lower/higher then QV3)
Also, Ive two other questions:
-Is a trigger like "Set Speed for ALL units (of a player)" possible? (eg: You put in a 1 and all units of these player will get a speed of 1)
-How can i round a QV if i use "change name qv"? Everytime I tried it ,a "1" was "1.0000000". Well, how can I hide the decimals?

Labyrinth2

[This message has been edited by Pegasus77 (edited 03-05-2011 @ 04:19 PM).]

maxulino
Skirmisher
posted 03-05-11 05:09 PM EDT (US)     475 / 849       
you can use modify all protounits for the speed one.
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 17 18 19 20 21 ··· 30 ··· 34  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames