You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by MosheLevi, Mister SCP

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.849 replies, Sticky
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Have a Trigger Request? Post it here!
Bottom
Topic Subject:Have a Trigger Request? Post it here!
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 21 22 23 24 ··· 30 ··· 34  Next Page »
Mister SCP
Scenario Reviewer
posted 05-22-09 02:11 AM EDT (US)         
So you have a trigger request?

You can post it here!

------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------

Hello and welcome to the Trigger Request Thread (TRT). This thread's purpose is only to place trigger requests and discuss them.

------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------

Before posting your request, it's always good to read the so-called FAQ.

How do I install a trigger?

When we have finished making your trigger, we'll post the required code here. To install this code you will first of all need to find your way to the AOEž installation folder. C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires3 by default).
    Now open the trigger folder if you use vanilla -trigger1, if you use TWC -trigger2, and finally if you use TAD go to -trigger3.
    Next, open the file called typetest.xml. The only thing left to do is copy the code at the right position and save. If you requested a condition, then place the line above ,
    if you requested an effect paste it right above . Note the "s" at the end of both tags.

Notes:

• When copying the trigger from someone please click first and only then copy the required code.

• If you're still uncomfortable with installing triggers please backup the original typetest file, i.e. copy the original to another folder.

How do I uninstall a trigger?
    If a trigger happens to be faulty or if it generates errors you better remove it. Just do as if you were installing a new trigger, but instead of copy-pasting new code, remove the code corresponding with the chosen trigger. Make sure to remove it completely, including the starting < effect > or < condition > tag and the corresponding < /effect > or < /condition > closing tag. Failure to do so properly will cause XML errors in the file making ALL triggers in that file inaccessbile for AoM.

Help! My triggers have stopped working! If this doesnt help you can send an email including your scenario to mister.scp@gmail.com.

Recommended Downloads:
    -Advanced Trigger Set
    -My Trigger Set
    -Gunner`s Trigger Set
    -Random22`s Trigger Set
    -Hedanito`s Trigger Set
    -Kolt`S Trigger Set
    -SH Trigger
    -M925's Trigger Set

Posting a Request

So you have read the FAQ and want to post a request? OK, go for it, just be sure to use the following format:

Name - This should be as straightforward as possible. Try to comply with today's standards.Description - Always describe the actions that you want the trigger to perform. An example can be a great help when requesting complex triggers.

[b]Name[/b]
    [b]Description[/b]
    [b]Params[/b]
    (A List of Params. If you are pretty nice you set them in the context with your request.)

Unfinished Requests

-a lot

Finished Requests
    -even more (list isnt up to date)

Not Possible:
    -Fixing Modify Protounit
    -Fixing Chat Contain
    -Change name of the protounit which affect also the name when you train it
    Additional: XS - Basics (mostly based on pftq's guide for XS - Effects + Conditions)

XS - Triggers are a bit different from other triggers, since they use strings instead for e.g. PlayerID, Unit Select...
    The key highlight of these effects/conditions is to allow Unit Selections to be specified by number or QV. This makes great use of the effects which set QV to an OBJECT ID and opens up a whole new world of possibilites.

This includes all original and new effects/conditions with ALL appliable fields set to use ANY form of data, including but not limited to:
  • -- Quest Var Code: enter trQuestVarGet("QVNAME")
  • -- Player Stats: enter trGetStatValue(PLAYER, STATID_NUMBER) e.g. trGetStatValue(1, 2)-> count "Enemy Units Killed" for Player 1
  • -- Math Operations: (5*PlayerStat) ...allowed are + - * / as Math Operations
  • -- Any XS Code: (just open the typetest.xml and start digging!)

typical strings: (strings with * have additional informations on the bottom)
  • Amount (of resources), Radius, Headings, Duration, Damage Percent, Count (e.g. in Army Deploy), Rate (e.g. of Construction), Value
  • the table of PlayerID┤s is a string
  • Operators* (don't use any numbers for them!)
  • Center Unit OBJECT ID/Source Unit OBJECT ID/Target Unit OBJECT ID **
  • Unit Type ID /ProtounitID ***

• *Operators you can use are:
    == equal to
    >= equal to or higher
    <= equal to or lower
    > higher
    < lower
    != is not equal to

• **The Unit Selections require an OBJECT ID. This is NOT the same as a NAME ID (like in Reyk's triggers). To find an OBJECT ID, use the supplied "QV Set.. OBJECT ID" effects OR select a unit and open the "Object Info" window. Open the Object Debug Info Window if you are using Age of Empires III and the ID is not readily available in the "Object Info".

The first amount show you the Unit ID, every unit have a unique one. The third amount show you the Unit Type ID/ Protounit ID. Every MercJaeger have the ProtounitID -387-. Note that you can select ALL Units with Unit ID's but not even all with Protounit ID like cinematic blocks.

1. ***TO USE NAME IDS: If you have the Name ID of a unit, you can convert it to OBJECT ID by using the kbGetBlockID("") function.
    2. ***For string (text) IDs, example: kbGetBlockID("ThisIsMyUnit")
    3. ***For QV, example: kbGetBlockID(""+trQuestVarGet("ThisIsMyQV"))
    4. ***For # NAME ID, example: kbGetBlockID("NUMBER")
      *** Generally, you can use kbGetBlockID(""+ID) for all, except text. As said above, enclose the text entirely with the quotes.

~MisterSCP

ESO2 Name:Sir_ConstantinESO Name:Sir_Pacman
Trigger Freak and Modder for AOE3

SCP Editor Tools---my map pack---Some incomplete stuff
My trigger Pack

[This message has been edited by Mister SCP (edited 08-21-2011 @ 03:07 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
Mister SCP
Scenario Reviewer
posted 07-02-11 03:49 AM EDT (US)     526 / 849       

<Command>for (allx=1600;>=-1){ if (kbGetUnitTypeName(all)=="%UnitType1%") break;}</Command>

should be

<Command>for (allx=1600;>=-1){ if (kbGetUnitTypeName(allx)=="%UnitType1%") break;}</Command>
The problem i got then was that i always get the same unit for both queries (the unit of the second query). But it doesnt cause a triggerlock anymore

however this could also interest you

<Effect name="Protounits work on Unit *TL*"> <Param name="DstObject" dispName="Target Unit" VarType="unit">default</Param> <Param name="PlayerID" dispName="$$22444$$From Player" VarType="string">1</Param> <Param name="UnitType" dispName="$$22302$$Unit Type" VarType="unittype">Unit</Param> <Param name="Booler" dispName="Include Center Unit" varType="bool">false</Param> <Command>for(all=1600;>=-1){ if (kbGetUnitTypeName(all)=="%UnitType%") break;}</Command> <Command>trUnitSelectClear();</Command> <Command>selectUnitsInArea(all,%PlayerID%,kbGetBlockPosition("%DstObject%"),20000,%DstObject%);</Command> <Command>if(%Booler%==true)trUnitSelect("%DstObject%");</Command> <Command>trUnitDoWorkOnUnit("%DstObject%");</Command> </Effect> <Effect name="Query Unit Work Unit"> <Param name="Player1" dispName="Source Player" VarType="string">1</Param> <Param name="UnitType1" dispName="Source Unit Type" VarType="unittype">Unit</Param> <Param name="DstPoint1" dispName="$$22410$$X" varType="area">0</Param> <Param name="Player" dispName="Target Player" VarType="string">1</Param> <Param name="UnitType" dispName="Target Unit Type" VarType="unittype">Unit</Param> <Param name="DstPoint" dispName="$$22410$$X" varType="area">0</Param> <Command>for (allx=1600;>=-1){ if (kbGetUnitTypeName(allx)=="%UnitType1%") break;}</Command> <Command>for (all=1600;>=-1){ if (kbGetUnitTypeName(all)=="%UnitType%") break;}</Command> <Command>for(i=getUnit(allx,%Player1%,vector(%DstPoint1%),0);>=99999999){}</Command> <Command>for(j=getUnit(all,%Player%,vector(%DstPoint%),0);>=99999999){}</Command> <Command>trUnitSelectClear();</Command> <Command>trUnitSelect(""+i);</Command> <Command>trUnitDoWorkOnUnit(""+j);</Command> </Effect>

mattios: it's not possible. Everyone can decide himself if he wants to cheat in singleplayer

My trigger Pack

[This message has been edited by Mister SCP (edited 07-02-2011 @ 03:51 AM).]

musketeer925
Skirmisher
posted 07-02-11 12:21 PM EDT (US)     527 / 849       
@Matios: You could easily make triggers that detect and delete cheat units, but detecting resource cheats would be much harder (albeit possible).

and @SCP Thanks I'll keep working on it. :P

[This message has been edited by musketeer925 (edited 07-02-2011 @ 12:39 PM).]

bendaninja
Skirmisher
posted 07-05-11 00:47 AM EDT (US)     528 / 849       
@matios,for the resource cheat u can use this:

condition:chat contains (cheat code)
effect:tribute resources
musketeer925
Skirmisher
posted 07-05-11 12:36 PM EDT (US)     529 / 849       
bendaninja
Skirmisher
posted 07-06-11 02:40 AM EDT (US)     530 / 849       
sorry my bad, i was assuming it did
onfiregun17
Skirmisher
posted 07-26-11 06:21 AM EDT (US)     531 / 849       
I would like to request a trigger to disable stealth
It would be an effect (obviously), name: stealth mode off
Description: intended to disable the use of the stealth formation

if this could be made that would be fantastic!
loard of peace
Skirmisher
posted 07-27-11 01:03 PM EDT (US)     532 / 849       
onfiregun i think you cant but i'm not sure but u can give every player spys so would be the stealth mode useless

spielbubi
onfiregun17
Skirmisher
posted 07-29-11 03:16 AM EDT (US)     533 / 849       
1. it can be done. m925 said he'd do it for me and he said it only take like 2 minutes to make. but he logged off and i have't seen him now for a week....
2. give every unit spies???? while that would work it ruin the fun of Base Defense :P
musketeer925
Skirmisher
posted 08-01-11 12:17 PM EDT (US)     534 / 849       
Sorry about that onfire... I forgot about ya. :P

Anyway, I *think* you should be able to use the "Unit Set Tactic" trigger in my trigpack, and just put "Stealth" in the tactic param to turn it on, change to a different tactic to turn it off.
Mister SCP
Scenario Reviewer
posted 08-01-11 03:16 PM EDT (US)     535 / 849       
I doubt this will cause OOS

Condition:
Unit type selected
Effect
Set Tactic NOT Artillery =Melee
OR XS User code
unitSetTactic("Melee");

Finally the reason why it shouldnt cause OOS:
Unit type selected goes OOS if you use effects that affect gameplay (create unit/tribute) but if you use ui functions as Send Chat or set tactic it shouldnt cause they are only doable /visible for one player like you regulary use your user interface to change the tactic

My trigger Pack
onfiregun17
Skirmisher
posted 08-06-11 08:37 PM EDT (US)     536 / 849       
hm, it works but with bugs. i was testing the trigger out with
jans and jags and when i selected the jags and jans together to fight something, the jans could melee the target from their ranged attack range :P
Mister SCP
Scenario Reviewer
posted 08-07-11 06:21 AM EDT (US)     537 / 849       
that is no bug that is a crappy side effect ^^

btw: Here is a picture where the ui can communicate with triggers based on the singleplayer hotkey effect. I use it for a travel system for my singleplayer RPG (no name yet ). Whenether you press a on a City name it deploys the message "lol". I will change it to a choice dialog effect which will aks you if you wanna travel to this city (for money). I am also on such a inventory ui

[JPEG, (366.71 KB)]

My trigger Pack

[This message has been edited by Mister SCP (edited 08-07-2011 @ 06:22 AM).]

onfiregun17
Skirmisher
posted 08-07-11 12:52 PM EDT (US)     538 / 849       
um, what?
Mister SCP
Scenario Reviewer
posted 08-07-11 01:47 PM EDT (US)     539 / 849       
The effect I gave you changes ALL units into melee mode if a certain unit type is selected.But this is the easiest and best way you could solve the problem.

But you can add another effect that you finally get

Condition:
Unit type selected
Effect

unitSetTactic("Melee");
unitSetTactic("Volley");
->ranged units will change back to volley mode. Ninjas dont have this mode so they stay with melee

My trigger Pack
onfiregun17
Skirmisher
posted 08-07-11 09:21 PM EDT (US)     540 / 849       
without even testing it, i can see how it will work. thx
Mister SCP
Scenario Reviewer
posted 08-08-11 12:23 PM EDT (US)     541 / 849       
Here is another screenie of my scenario (forest near Gnym)

As you can see the only item found is the lamp (the other buttons are hidden (=not useable by the player). I need to work a bit on the design to get a nice inventory background but the system itself looks kinda decent and promising.

I have 7 classes whre the player could choose a charakter from
Nonahakee (Healer)
John Black (Sharpshooter)
Holme (Bandit)
Samurai (Warrior)
Delgado (Garde of the King)
Jin Hai (Magican)
Beaumont (Assasin)

I need some ideas for the inventory

I have
->food (extra health/regenerate hitpoints for short time)
->snack (raise magica level)
->bombs
->lamp
->individual equipment (e.g. beaumont get camouflage clothes (->changes to ninja))

I could also need some ideas for spells

I have
->summon creatures
->change unit (either you to upper unit or enemy to a unit like a turkey ) A unexperienced magican could also change into a tree or a weak unit accidently
-> spells that change speed, health, armor, healing rate
->traitor spell (probably for weak units only)

My trigger Pack
onfiregun17
Skirmisher
posted 08-08-11 02:47 PM EDT (US)     542 / 849       
lemme get this straight, you're adding a see-able inventory?
Mister SCP
Scenario Reviewer
posted 08-08-11 03:52 PM EDT (US)     543 / 849       
allright

the 2nd last screenshot shows a fast travel card, you can click on the city names to travel to this places.

Dunno if you can read the three buttons on the right corner
"Map"
"Inventory"
"Spells".
a "Mount Horse"/"Unmount Horse"- button will be added

I try to design an Open world RPG so you can travel everywhere. You can do side quests, you can join guildes, you can murder everyone :P, buy (use) a horse,...

The bad thing on the map is that the map design progress is ca 2* as many as you can on the minimap so there is much to do. And I hate map design because it's very time-taking

Overall Progress

Map Design: 5%
UI Changes: 20-30%
Triggers: <1%
Cinematics and Quests 0%

My trigger Pack
loard of peace
Skirmisher
posted 08-09-11 09:53 AM EDT (US)     544 / 849       
@Sir constantin
is it a single player or Multiplayer game?
if yes do you need a mod for it or not?

btw i have an idea for Beaumont you can give him a smoke bomb like in assassins creed :P
i think you can try it with SPCFog (idk if that is the real name) and than move units in area to the smoke bomb.
i used a similar trigger in my sp the zombie city

and you can add a "clone spell" for your magican (clones of the magican)
Mister SCP
Scenario Reviewer
posted 08-09-11 02:08 PM EDT (US)     545 / 849       
@Sir constantin
is it a single player or Multiplayer game?
if yes do you need a mod for it or not?
It's a singleplayer RPG. I need slightly mod ui files. The changes are hidden in any other game so dont worry about it. + it has no influence on eso compatiblity. So you dont need to reinstall it.
btw i have an idea for Beaumont you can give him a smoke bomb like in assassins creed :P
i think you can try it with SPCFog (idk if that is the real name) and than move units in area to the smoke bomb.
i used a similar trigger in my sp the zombie city
I'd prefer the change unit to japanese monk->set animation->smoke bomb

what's the effect of your smoke bomb? Beaumont escape/enemy wont attack/...?
and you can add a "clone spell" for your magican (clones of the magican)
I thought of it. And it's a good idea but also other character can use spells. Only Delgado isnt able to us spells. E.g. Nonahakees destroy/summon spells arent that good then the magican ones but she is also able to summon creatures like bears and wolves. Every charakter should be unique.

Due the generated codes which save game process (instead of save and load game) you can also change the charakter afterwards (kinda easy cheat)

My trigger Pack
loard of peace
Skirmisher
posted 08-09-11 02:58 PM EDT (US)     546 / 849       
what's the effect of your smoke bomb? Beaumont escape/enemy wont attack/...?
well i think it would be better if the units in his area cant attack him :P

btw the magican could summon a small earthquake or something like that
Bifenaa
Skirmisher
posted 08-10-11 02:16 PM EDT (US)     547 / 849       

Im trying to make a trigger so that when you take 1 unit and put it on a flag (or certain area) it creates a set amount of those units at another point.

Its like those old blood maps where you choose a unit.. it gets created and when you get so many kills a new unit appears or what not.

I use to be able to do this in AOE2 and it took like 1-2 triggers to accomplish it... i dont know how many it would take in AOE3
loard of peace
Skirmisher
posted 08-10-11 02:36 PM EDT (US)     548 / 849       
use this:
Trigger1 (looped)
Conditions:
distance to point OR Units in area
Timer:x(the time wich you want)
Effects:
unit create multi
Bifenaa
Skirmisher
posted 08-10-11 03:01 PM EDT (US)     549 / 849       
Thanks lord... i forgot to put this in my request but it also has to stop the creation of units at a certain amount... like it makes 100 then stops but if it drops below 100, lets say 99, then it would create 1 unit to get back up to 100.
onfiregun17
Skirmisher
posted 08-11-11 00:13 AM EDT (US)     550 / 849       
bifenna, you can try this
trigger1: trigger:active,looped
condition: player population (in ur example itd be
"=>" 100)
effect: disable trigger (the trigger making units)
trigger2: trigger:active,looped
condtion: player population (in ur example itd be "<=" 99)
effect: fire event (trigger making units)

this would solve your problem. if this doesn't make sense its cause im not familiar on what the format is for posting triggers on forums. if you need more help feel free to message me on ESO. eso name = onfiregun17 (um, duh XD)

[This message has been edited by Onfiregun17 (edited 08-11-2011 @ 00:15 AM).]

« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 21 22 23 24 ··· 30 ··· 34  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames