You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by MosheLevi, Mister SCP

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.2 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Hey I'm Back! (trAlexCreate)
Bottom
Topic Subject:Hey I'm Back! (trAlexCreate)
XS_UserAlex
Skirmisher
posted 06-21-18 11:11 PM EDT (US)         
Hey MisterSCP Did you know that if you run aoe3 using a debugger, you can capture debug logging, and the debug logging tells you how many compile errors occurred during xs compilation in scenarios?

I suppose someone knowledgeable in reverse engineering could go deeper and figure out HOW trigger code is compiled exactly, and provide an IDE and compiler for writing XS code and directly adding it as trigger code to scenarios :P

But that's another project for another year. I'm just here to provide trigger support to users

Unfortunately I'm going to create my own trigger request thread, since it's a bit different than what you offer.

[This message has been edited by XS_UserAlex (edited 06-21-2018 @ 11:13 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Mister SCP
Scenario Reviewer
posted 09-30-18 02:45 PM EDT (US)     1 / 2       
hey there,

no I didnt know and I had a lot of struggle reading all that Code from the debugger (to create a knowledge base of usable effects).

Its also not too hard to write the Code directly. Thats what we did with KnB for our Random Map Scripts which supported different weather and lighting . In AoM there was also a project called TriggerToOne. Which created ONE!!! effect from all you trigger code. This was kinda Anti-Theft-Device because noone cant add triggers or change your Scenario trigger code without very much effort and knowledge

http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=7246&ci=9d3970785e49b1907906f871f1ad8899YToxOntpOjA7YToyOntpOjA7czoxNDoiU2VhcmNoIFJlc3VsdHMiO2k6MTtzOjUyOiJsaXN0ZXIucGhwP3N0YXJ0PTAmYW1wO3BhdXRob3I9YW5ncnkmYW1wO3M9ZCZhbXA7bz1kIjt9fQ==

Best Regards

ESO2 Name:Sir_ConstantinESO Name:Sir_Pacman
Trigger Freak and Modder for AOE3

SCP Editor Tools---my map pack---Some incomplete stuff
My trigger Pack

[This message has been edited by Mister SCP (edited 09-30-2018 @ 02:56 PM).]

nottud
Skirmisher
posted 10-18-18 12:17 PM EDT (US)     2 / 2       
Can't reply on your other thread because it is archived but I wrote these for Age of Mythology which will very likely be of interest to you that I think is basically does what you were trying to do more generally:
http://aom.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=13,30007,,10

http://aom.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=13,30004,,10

The first in particular allows you to define a trigger that acts as its own independent trigger for each player that does the same thing. The second link essentially allows you to designate a set of effects in a trigger with optional parameters (Such as player, text, location, count, etc) as an effect you can call from any other trigger.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames