You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by MosheLevi, Mister SCP

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.4 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Is it possible to display a quest var on the screen?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Is it possible to display a quest var on the screen?
Apoc2077
Skirmisher
posted 10-16-18 08:53 PM EDT (US)         
I know that you can echo to the chat but it makes a sound every time you update it and it will disappear.
AuthorReplies:
AlistairJah
Skirmisher
posted 10-16-18 10:33 PM EDT (US)     1 / 4       
You can make a stylized overlay text effect, and use it as an alternative to the trChatSend(). It will not be listed in the chat log and will not trigger the chat notification sound. Debugger would be the best option but I don't know how to enable it.
Apoc2077
Skirmisher
posted 10-16-18 11:37 PM EDT (US)     2 / 4       
Are there any tutorials on how to do this?
nottud
Skirmisher
posted 10-18-18 12:19 PM EDT (US)     3 / 4       
I don't think in Age of Mythology it makes a second if it comes from player 0 but I could be wrong? Also try the spoofed version as that may also have no sound if there is an equivalent in AOEIII
onfiregun17
Skirmisher
posted 10-30-18 09:17 PM EDT (US)     4 / 4       
Want some clarification here, you want to display a Quest Var on the screen that doesn't disappear as players chat right? If this is what you want to do then it's possible. I went ahead and created this trigger that should fit the situation perfectly.

<Effect name="QV Fake Text">
<Param name="first" dispName="Before Text" VarType="string">before</Param>
<Param name="QV" dispName="QV" VarType="string">QV1</Param>
<Param name="second" dispName="After Text" VarType="string">after</Param>
<Command>trSetCounterDisplay("%first% " + "" + 1*trQuestVarGet("%QV%") + "%second%");</Command>
</Effect>

This is similar to Kolt's trigger, but my trigger will display whole numbers as integer's instead of say 15.0000 which is the default behavior.

[This message has been edited by onfiregun17 (edited 10-30-2018 @ 10:28 PM).]

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames